Author Thread
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

10/25/2014  5:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2014  5:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Splat wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Do you know why so many guards are being shifted to 3 And D guys? ( three point shooters who offer plus defense)? Because you are only asking the guy to camp out behind the arc on offense, to save himself and all his burn to hurt you on defense. The 3 point shooting is about efficient offense and floor spacing.

Shumpert does not need to be complete offensively, he just needs a RELIABLE ABOVE LEAGUE AVERAGE THREE POINT SHOT.

This text serves well as a summary.

I've been open-minded about Shump this season very much for the above reasons. It serves the franchise to see if he can fulfill these basic parameters this season, because if he doesn't then the team is really going to be hurting.

If we don't have the kind of defensive intensity he is capable of bringing, we don't have anyone remotely close to those abilities.

If he can score at a reasonable % when open, then he fulfills his role. That is what is needed from him.

Shump is the kind of player who can win games for you at crunch time. He's done it before.

His mindset is crucial. Fish will matter in terms of Shump's focus and attitude.

Getting his overall field goal percentage up to 40% would be a plus. If the Knicks start Shump they shouldn't consider starting Acy. I think Acy is best suited for coming off the bench.

The both fill the lane of energy players

Energy players come off the bench

Starting Shump is free license for Melo

To take every shot to start games only if tired, let Jose in on the party

We need as many cerebral, quick thinking, confident

Players starting the game so we aren't digging galactic holes

For our bench to dig us out of

Acy and Shump need to surround Amar'e and Barg

The latter two/// biggest defensive stiffs in all of basketball

Have them come off the bench

AUTOADVERT
One big problem I see so far to start the season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy