[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We are going to win the Atlantic division..
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2014  11:39 PM
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:If you do a rough comparison of the rosters of the Raptors and the Knicks in terms of scoring it's not like the Knicks are way off. The scores from Last year are mostly lower than normal for the Knicks role players as we all know the Knicks struggled offensively last year and most played below their career averages. IMO it's not unrealistic to think these guys can be more productive in this system as they get adjusted and build chemistry. STAT and JR were really playing well at the end of last year and were both scoring well. It's going to be important for Fish to get them comfortable in this system cuz if he does that makes this team much more potent. Right now it looks worse than it should with guys struggling to get comfortable but there is a lot of room for upside with this roster.

1. Carmelo Anthony 27.1 DeMar DeRozan 22.7
2. J.R. Smith 14.5 Kyle Lowry 17.9
3. Andrea Bargnani 13.3 Jonas Valanciunas 11.3
4. Amar'e Stoudemire 11.9 Terrence Ross 10.9
5. Jose Calderon 11.3 Louis Williams 10.4
6. Tim Hardaway 10.2 Amir Johnson 10.4
7. Jason Smith 9.7 Greivis Vasquez 9.5
8. Iman Shumpert 6.7 Patrick Patterson 9.1
9. Samuel Dalembert 6.6 James Johnson 7.9
10 Travis Outlaw 5.4 Jordan Hamilton 6.7
11. Pablo Prigioni 3.8 Tyler Hansbrough 4.9
12. Quincy Acy 2.7 Landry Fields 2.3
13. Shane Larkin 2.8 Greg Stiemsma 2.9
14. Cole Aldrich 2.0 Chuck Hayes 2.2

What you continue to fail at is factoring

The advantages of other teams

In this case the Raptors do not

Have to learn a new system, they know what Casey expects

They don't have a 1st year coach

They have a system they've won in

They are more familiar with each other

They have players on an uptick like Val and Demar

They added a proven scorer in Lou Williams

Oh and our schedule out the gate is brutal

Considering we have lots of adjusting to do

The league is much better now

All of this is true but it doesn't mean the Knicks can't reach their maximum potential, which IMO is still higher than that of the Raptors. You may believe in DeRozan, Lowry and Jonas somehow being a top team in the East but I don't. I actually think they aren't going to be so much better that they will be able to hold off the Knicks. I like DeRozan a lot. I think he's clearly the teams best player and is growing to his full potential. I think Jonas will be a little better but I don't think of him as a dominant big. Lowry IMO is going to level off at about what he was last year and maybe a bit less this year after getting his money. Lou Williams is OK. Good 6th man but let's not get carried away either. They're a well coached team that has good chemistry.

Here's the thing I believe that even last year when the Knicks were atrocious they were competitive with the Raptors. Right now the Knicks even at this shaky stage are competitive with the Raptors. However, when the Knicks get it together I think they're better than the Raptors and that's where we differ. I don't believe the Raptors ceiling is higher than the Knicks. Last year to close the season the Knicks finally started playing closer to their real potential and they went 16-7. That was last year with a more flawed roster and worse system on O and D. I think this roster is better and makes more sense in light of the better system on O and D this year. I think we clearly have better coaching and leadership this year. That's what I think the doubters are missing.

Despite the shakiness, this team is going to be better than last year by a lot. Yes they have a tough opening schedule. That still doesn't mean they can't win games.

In regards to Lowry, I love the way the guy goes all out and would have loved him on the Knicks. That being said he has struggled to stay healthy for almost his entire career. Last year was more the exception then the rule for him. If he can sustain his level of play and health from last year that would be fantastic for the raptors. Not sure that he can do that. Part of it is just his style of play.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2014  12:10 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:If you do a rough comparison of the rosters of the Raptors and the Knicks in terms of scoring it's not like the Knicks are way off. The scores from Last year are mostly lower than normal for the Knicks role players as we all know the Knicks struggled offensively last year and most played below their career averages. IMO it's not unrealistic to think these guys can be more productive in this system as they get adjusted and build chemistry. STAT and JR were really playing well at the end of last year and were both scoring well. It's going to be important for Fish to get them comfortable in this system cuz if he does that makes this team much more potent. Right now it looks worse than it should with guys struggling to get comfortable but there is a lot of room for upside with this roster.

All of this is true but it doesn't mean the Knicks can't reach their maximum potential, which IMO is still higher than that of the Raptors. You may believe in DeRozan, Lowry and Jonas somehow being a top team in the East but I don't. I actually think they aren't going to be so much better that they will be able to hold off the Knicks. I like DeRozan a lot. I think he's clearly the teams best player and is growing to his full potential. I think Jonas will be a little better but I don't think of him as a dominant big. Lowry IMO is going to level off at about what he was last year and maybe a bit less this year after getting his money. Lou Williams is OK. Good 6th man but let's not get carried away either. They're a well coached team that has good chemistry.

Here's the thing I believe that even last year when the Knicks were atrocious they were competitive with the Raptors. Right now the Knicks even at this shaky stage are competitive with the Raptors. However, when the Knicks get it together I think they're better than the Raptors and that's where we differ. I don't believe the Raptors ceiling is higher than the Knicks. Last year to close the season the Knicks finally started playing closer to their real potential and they went 16-7. That was last year with a more flawed roster and worse system on O and D. I think this roster is better and makes more sense in light of the better system on O and D this year. I think we clearly have better coaching and leadership this year. That's what I think the doubters are missing.

Despite the shakiness, this team is going to be better than last year by a lot. Yes they have a tough opening schedule. That still doesn't mean they can't win games.

In regards to Lowry, I love the way the guy goes all out and would have loved him on the Knicks. That being said he has struggled to stay healthy for almost his entire career. Last year was more the exception then the rule for him. If he can sustain his level of play and health from last year that would be fantastic for the raptors. Not sure that he can do that. Part of it is just his style of play.

I agree. Lowry can play, but guys with his body type similar to Felton have a hard time sustaining the high effort level it takes to move that extra weight around. It's like an NFL running back who goes hard for 3 years and then that's it. They burn out fast or get injured putting so much stress on their joints. When you weigh a lot and make hard cuts it's gonna wear on your body. I could be wrong, but that's the sense I get. I'm not a fan of the RB build. The soccer body type PG's tend to be able to run all day and for years.
CrushAlot
USA
10/26/2014  1:33 AM
“I just can’t wait until the season starts,” Tony Parker said. “This was preseason, and it doesn’t mean anything.”
F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/26/2014  2:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
“I just can’t wait until the season starts,” Tony Parker said. “This was preseason, and it doesn’t mean anything.”

A proven champion and Finals MVP

Has the liberty to say this

No one on this team better not

Even think to say this publicly

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/26/2014  2:25 AM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

A proven champion and Finals MVP

Has the liberty to say this

No one on this team better not

Even think to say this publicly

He just won another title this year, he might be still on the bubbly.
F500ONE

10/26/2014  2:31 AM
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I will undress this post tomorrow

I'm hitting the sack

But to give you a clue about taking

Sample sizes out of a season and Where I'll be headed

Amongst other poor examples of your Pom-Pom ridiculousness

Think of Raptors before and after////// huge clue

knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  2:50 AM
I'm not really sure where the notion the Knicks were competitive against the raptors last year came from, iirc they got blown out in the first two games. Even the third game took 40 minutes of Amare and melo just to win that matchup. The fourth game was the last game of the season and the raptors pulled their starters out early. Perhaps things would have been different had melo played in more than one of these as he was injured for three out of four.

The Raptors are a good team, better than folks give them credit for. they have a good offense and a solid defense...both top 10 ranked. What they didnt have was playoff experience,,,,they have that now.

CrushAlot
USA
10/26/2014  2:50 AM
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I'm hitting the sack

The Knicks keep improving

every game.

It was only preseason.

The Spurs only won 2 games.

Lets see what happens

in the regular season

the preseason is ////

I feel handicapped posting

like this //// like

Shump on offense

Daly is better than

the dpoy hyped and

legend? not

sure. But this style

is ////up and I hate it.

knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  2:59 AM
Honestly, I've gotten used to the typing style, especially since it was explained why he does it. The car make not look so great on the outside, but it runs well and serves it's purpose.
CrushAlot
USA
10/26/2014  3:09 AM
knickscity wrote:Honestly, I've gotten used to the typing style, especially since it was explained why he does it. The car make not look so great on the outside, but it runs well and serves it's purpose.
Do you think

if everyone at

UK posted like

this that Martin and

//// would add any new

posters to the ////?

Or do you /////

that guys would flee to

real//?

knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  3:14 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knickscity wrote:Honestly, I've gotten used to the typing style, especially since it was explained why he does it. The car make not look so great on the outside, but it runs well and serves it's purpose.
Do you think

if everyone at

UK posted like

this that Martin and

//// would add any new

posters to the ////?

Or do you /////

that guys would flee to

real//?

I honestly have no issue with it. His explanantion for why he does it is ok with me. I care more about the quality of the actual post. He usually makes good points so no issue with me.
CrushAlot
USA
10/26/2014  3:17 AM
OC Register has the Knicks, Pacers and Hawks not even making the playoffs. They also have the Heat as the 7th seed.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/team-639772-year-missing.html?page=2
knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  3:20 AM
Hawks dont make even though they get Horford back? not even gonna read the rationale with that one.
CrushAlot
USA
10/26/2014  3:23 AM
knickscity wrote:Hawks dont make even though they get Horford back? not even gonna read the rationale with that one.
Teague has played great in the preseason. OC is objective but not informed
F500ONE

10/26/2014  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2014  12:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I'm hitting the sack

The Knicks keep improving

every game.

It was only preseason.

The Spurs only won 2 games.

Lets see what happens

in the regular season

the preseason is ////

I feel handicapped posting

like this //// like

Shump on offense

Daly is better than

the dpoy hyped and

legend? not

sure. But this style

is ////up and I hate it.

Nice job Nix did of handicapping the Raptors

Before the Rudy Gay trade Raptors were 6-12

After the trade they were 42-22, how do you like that for finishes

This means we have no idea where their peak is at

They added a proven scorer in Lou Williams, who has closing ability

Nothing carried away about these facts unlike himself

Dreaming, wishing, hoping on a star

As far as competitiveness there are other teams

Who have talent and played the Raptors tough but

Not tough enough to beat them

Our team will reset again and we'll be back to unknowns after this season

Meanwhile the Raptors know who and what they are

Nix thinks we can get back to the 54 win team

While the Raptors stay stuck in quicksand

The Raptors very well could win 50gms[I don't think so because of overall league improvements]

Raptors will be a problem for the next 2-3yrs minimum

As far a Lowry not being a strong bill of health

Neither is Jason Smith, neither is Amar'e both gone next year

knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  12:33 PM
may be we can after all.....

I dont see why folks defend this dude...he's done.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2014  12:33 PM
Raptors
Nets
Knicks
Philly
Boston

I prefer we actually finish lower.

F500ONE

10/26/2014  12:40 PM
knickscity wrote:may be we can after all.....

Just another set of unfortunate circumstances

That puts this team in a bind and pushes Phil into a corner

knickscity
USA
10/26/2014  12:43 PM
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:may be we can after all.....

Just another set of unfortunate circumstances

That puts this team in a bind and pushes Phil into a corner

Yep, Both Phil and Fish got egg on their face defending this dude. They want him to start so bad for personal reasons.
F500ONE

10/26/2014  12:48 PM
knickscity wrote:Yep, Both Phil and Fish got egg on their face defending this dude. They want him to start so bad for personal reasons.

Which was-is so bizarre, he's not that good never was

They didn't draft, groom, or trade for him

He is not a long term fit

Sometimes silence is bliss

We are going to win the Atlantic division..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy