Game Thread: [Knicks vs Raptors]
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/25/2014  10:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Splat wrote:I think you last guys posting would agree then. So much depends on how Fish handles situations. Will he hold players accountable to a certain standard and stick to it? That means everyone including Melo.

As far as I'm concerned, probably the biggest positive development this season would be if Fish turns out to be a budding top coach. Lord knows this team has lacked leadership and vision from our past coaches and you don't really get anywhere without a good one.

we are developing jonas at center. he let dalembert get every offensive board in the 1st quarter. after 5 mins, casey benched him for the entire half. second half, jonas comes out with monster intensity and dalembert wasn't heard from.

i haven't watched any other knick pre season game but has fisher done that?

The guys the Knicks really seem to be working on developing and defining a role for are Acy and Larkin. Both have shown a lot of improvement game to game as the preseason has gone on. I thought the entire Raptor team looked different after halftime. They were fantastic i that third quarter. Jonas definitely looked like a different player.

Other guys that stand out for me as improving their games under Fisher are Hardaway and Shump.

Papabear Says

2 times this season I saw Larkins blow the game in the last moments. He is fast but clumsy.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/25/2014  10:56 AM
Papabear wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Splat wrote:I think you last guys posting would agree then. So much depends on how Fish handles situations. Will he hold players accountable to a certain standard and stick to it? That means everyone including Melo.

As far as I'm concerned, probably the biggest positive development this season would be if Fish turns out to be a budding top coach. Lord knows this team has lacked leadership and vision from our past coaches and you don't really get anywhere without a good one.

we are developing jonas at center. he let dalembert get every offensive board in the 1st quarter. after 5 mins, casey benched him for the entire half. second half, jonas comes out with monster intensity and dalembert wasn't heard from.

The guys the Knicks really seem to be working on developing and defining a role for are Acy and Larkin. Both have shown a lot of improvement game to game as the preseason has gone on. I thought the entire Raptor team looked different after halftime. They were fantastic i that third quarter. Jonas definitely looked like a different player.

Other guys that stand out for me as improving their games under Fisher are Hardaway and Shump.

Papabear Says

2 times this season I saw Larkins blow the game in the last moments. He is fast but clumsy.

because he's young and inexperienced- you have to put up with mistakes if you're serious about developing young players

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/25/2014  10:58 AM

Yep, but I also expect Fisher will make a lot of mistakes, and will have a learning curve of his own this year.

Ha, following on from the Kobe comparison with Melo, I found this quote:

Afterward, Jackson clashed frequently with Bryant. While remarkably efficient in Jackson's "triangle offense", Bryant had a personal distaste for Jackson's brand of basketball and subsequently called it "boring." In games, Bryant would often disregard the set offense completely to experiment with his own one-on-one moves, incensing the normally calm Jackson. Bryant managed to test Jackson's patience enough that the "Zen Master" even demanded that Bryant be traded, although Laker management rejected the request.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Jackson#Los_Angeles_Lakers

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2014  11:53 AM
djsunyc wrote:

I don't think Fisher has any issue taking out a second or third year player and instructing him like Casey did with Jonas. However, at times it appears that he has some guys that he thinks court time is more important than getting pulled (i.e. Larkin). I think that changes after the preseason. Not sure that he pulls Melo. But that isn't what CAsey did either.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Game Thread: [Knicks vs Raptors]

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy