[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: [Knicks vs Raptors]
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/24/2014  10:25 PM
Melo will be fine. You don't want to compound the problem by playing JR AND Amare with him. I hope Fisher was just experimenting tonight.

Although I kinda hoped this was going to be a fine tuning game being the last preaseon game. I'm a bit worried about Fisher and his allegiance to JR AND AMARE

AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/24/2014  10:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I think the team looks pretty good.

Shumpert looks locked in. He just undressed Derozan in the second quarter. Just schooled him.

Acy, Dalembert, Larkin have been nice surprises.

Pablo looks confident in the offense.

Melo will be Melo, the offense seems to get him easier looks. He's scoring 27.5ppg per 36min in the Pre and scored 25.5 per 36min in the regular season last year.

Right now Amar'e and JR are my big concerns. And I hope Bargnani never plays again.

Really psyched you are posting again. It should be a great year.

Thanks. I still woulda kept Lin over Felton.

¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
10/24/2014  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2014  10:28 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I think the team looks pretty good.

Shumpert looks locked in. He just undressed Derozan in the second quarter. Just schooled him.

Acy, Dalembert, Larkin have been nice surprises.

Pablo looks confident in the offense.

Melo will be Melo, the offense seems to get him easier looks. He's scoring 27.5ppg per 36min in the Pre and scored 25.5 per 36min in the regular season last year.

Right now Amar'e and JR are my big concerns. And I hope Bargnani never plays again.

Really psyched you are posting again. It should be a great year.

Thanks. I still woulda kept Lin over Felton.

Always good to see you posting again.

We were both vehemently against letting Lin walk and replacing him with Fat Felton a product of Dantoni

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/24/2014  10:32 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

We were both vehemently against letting Lin walk and replacing him with Fat Felton a product of Dantoni

thanks, guns. last season with woody and firing grunwald killed me. if they'd traded shump, i might've been done for a while, but i think phil and fish want to develop him, which makes me feel like things are on the right track.

¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
10/24/2014  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2014  10:37 PM
crzymdups wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

thanks, guns. last season with woody and firing grunwald killed me. if they'd traded shump, i might've been done for a while, but i think phil and fish want to develop him, which makes me feel like things are on the right track.

Absolutely. Agree with everything you said. So glad Shumpert is still here and they are actually showing him love and appreciation.

I Will never get over letting Lin walk but Phil coming aboard gives me a lot of hope that things will finally turn around

gunsnewing
USA
10/24/2014  10:39 PM
This Spike Lee special is so stupid. Don't know if I can sit through it. What possessed the Knicks to allow spike to explain the triangle?
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/24/2014  10:41 PM
djsunyc wrote:melo took 17 shots and had 0 assists. i don't think that's what phil was looking for from his $100 mil player.

the toughest thing this season is to get something out of amare + bargs + jr smith b/c right now, they are giving you guys basically nothing.

melo will get his points. i am a bit surprised by daly - he's actually made some decent passes from the high post. didn't know he had that in his game.

Papabear Says

If the players can't knock down shots its not melo's fault.

Papabear
gunsnewing
USA
10/24/2014  10:41 PM
Omg I can't take this spike lee thing
gunsnewing
USA
10/24/2014  10:59 PM
Phil is great. He saves this thing from being an utter disaster. He confused the hell out of Spike lol
gunsnewing
USA
10/24/2014  11:04 PM
Phil and fish are really in lockstep. So nice to see a structured offense. Love Fisher running through the plays with the players
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/25/2014  3:10 AM
djsunyc wrote:melo took 17 shots and had 0 assists. i don't think that's what phil was looking for from his $100 mil player.

the toughest thing this season is to get something out of amare + bargs + jr smith b/c right now, they are giving you guys basically nothing.

melo will get his points. i am a bit surprised by daly - he's actually made some decent passes from the high post. didn't know he had that in his game.

Did you never watch MJ and Kobe? There are going to be some nights where Melo shoots a lot and has 0 assists (and that won;'t always be on Melo- there are hockey assists, and then there are times when team mates just don't knock down the shots.

Amar'e does contribute- we have this cycle every year- he starts off slow, everyone says he's finished, he then warms up and is a very productive scorer for us. JR is adjusting to playing a new way and is limited by back spasms. I doubt JR picks up the system until the all star break (by which point he might be traded). Bargs is useless- thanks for that trade!

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/25/2014  3:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2014  3:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:

Did you never watch MJ and Kobe? There are going to be some nights where Melo shoots a lot and has 0 assists (and that won;'t always be on Melo- there are hockey assists, and then there are times when team mates just don't knock down the shots.

Amar'e does contribute- we have this cycle every year- he starts off slow, everyone says he's finished, he then warms up and is a very productive scorer for us. JR is adjusting to playing a new way and is limited by back spasms. I doubt JR picks up the system until the all star break (by which point he might be traded). Bargs is useless- thanks for that trade!

Did you watch the game though? Because the Knicks melted down with Melo on the floor and he was playing just as much bonehead hoops as JR during the third quarter. Melo looked idiotic along with the rest of his teammates.

He is not exempt from criticism. He reverts back to bad habits as quickly as anybody on the club it seems, so we'll have to wait and see if he will lead by example and get that extra tough board, great stop or deflection or make the right pass when the team is in a tailspin. Or will he tailspin along with the rest of the bozos and chuck bricks by default when they are rattled like he did tonight?

Last game before the season starts and Melo looked inept too much tonight. It was not indicative of a changed attitude. If Melo still easily reverts to old ways under pressure, then we'll see more dopey ball like we did tonight. He's the star. He must do better, not just score.

He's being paid more than Stat's whopping contract, so I'm already tired of people always making excuses for his failings. He's paid to excel. Maybe the fans should demand more excellence from him and do less buttlicking (not directed at you, but in general).

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/25/2014  4:38 AM
The Knicks really have two glaring issues and it's noticeable from these preseason games, and even in summer league action.....the players revert to the ways they know previously way too easily. I knowe folks say it "sl" it's "pre", but these are the times to get things done the correct way before the real games start to count. If these guys are folding like lawn chairs at the slightest gust of wind, what exactly can be expected when the games count?

The second and I would never had thought this would happen...they consistently cant score in the paint while imploring an offense thats geared to do just that and they are consitently losing the battle on fast break points. It obvious they dont trust this offense, and it's nearly impossible to have fast break point whithout playing some decent defense.

These guys have a long ways to go.

smackeddog
10/25/2014  5:00 AM
knickscity wrote:The Knicks really have two glaring issues and it's noticeable from these preseason games, and even in summer league action.....the players revert to the ways they know previously way too easily. I knowe folks say it "sl" it's "pre", but these are the times to get things done the correct way before the real games start to count. If these guys are folding like lawn chairs at the slightest gust of wind, what exactly can be expected when the games count?

The second and I would never had thought this would happen...they consistently cant score in the paint while imploring an offense thats geared to do just that and they are consitently losing the battle on fast break points. It obvious they dont trust this offense, and it's nearly impossible to have fast break point whithout playing some decent defense.

These guys have a long ways to go.

They'll keep reverting until they experience enough success in the new system (both as a team and individually)- that will be a season long thing. When people feel unsafe, they will go back to what they know. It's understandable- The key is what does Fish do when they start reverting.

smackeddog
10/25/2014  5:04 AM
Splat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Did you watch the game though? Because the Knicks melted down with Melo on the floor and he was playing just as much bonehead hoops as JR during the third quarter. Melo looked idiotic along with the rest of his teammates.

He is not exempt from criticism. He reverts back to bad habits as quickly as anybody on the club it seems, so we'll have to wait and see if he will lead by example and get that extra tough board, great stop or deflection or make the right pass when the team is in a tailspin. Or will he tailspin along with the rest of the bozos and chuck bricks by default when they are rattled like he did tonight?

Last game before the season starts and Melo looked inept too much tonight. It was not indicative of a changed attitude. If Melo still easily reverts to old ways under pressure, then we'll see more dopey ball like we did tonight. He's the star. He must do better, not just score.

He's being paid more than Stat's whopping contract, so I'm already tired of people always making excuses for his failings. He's paid to excel. Maybe the fans should demand more excellence from him and do less buttlicking (not directed at you, but in general).

Just because he's paid more it doesn't make him perfect. He'll be the same flawed player, just like every other high paid player outside of maybe Lebron and Durant. Getting a bigger check doesn't enhance his abilities! I hate it when he goes into Melo-mode, but I've come to accept it's going to happen- Sometimes he will actually go onto a scoring rampage, sometimes he'll brick every shot and destroy the offense. I just hope that Fish isn't afraid to take him off the court when he's having a negative impact. But at the same time, it's situation thats co-created with his teammates, and they deserve some of the blame too.

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/25/2014  5:35 AM
I think you last guys posting would agree then. So much depends on how Fish handles situations. Will he hold players accountable to a certain standard and stick to it? That means everyone including Melo.

As far as I'm concerned, probably the biggest positive development this season would be if Fish turns out to be a budding top coach. Lord knows this team has lacked leadership and vision from our past coaches and you don't really get anywhere without a good one.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/25/2014  8:39 AM
Splat wrote:I think you last guys posting would agree then. So much depends on how Fish handles situations. Will he hold players accountable to a certain standard and stick to it? That means everyone including Melo.

As far as I'm concerned, probably the biggest positive development this season would be if Fish turns out to be a budding top coach. Lord knows this team has lacked leadership and vision from our past coaches and you don't really get anywhere without a good one.

we are developing jonas at center. he let dalembert get every offensive board in the 1st quarter. after 5 mins, casey benched him for the entire half. second half, jonas comes out with monster intensity and dalembert wasn't heard from.

i haven't watched any other knick pre season game but has fisher done that?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2014  9:07 AM
djsunyc wrote:
Splat wrote:I think you last guys posting would agree then. So much depends on how Fish handles situations. Will he hold players accountable to a certain standard and stick to it? That means everyone including Melo.

we are developing jonas at center. he let dalembert get every offensive board in the 1st quarter. after 5 mins, casey benched him for the entire half. second half, jonas comes out with monster intensity and dalembert wasn't heard from.

The guys the Knicks really seem to be working on developing and defining a role for are Acy and Larkin. Both have shown a lot of improvement game to game as the preseason has gone on. I thought the entire Raptor team looked different after halftime. They were fantastic i that third quarter. Jonas definitely looked like a different player.

Other guys that stand out for me as improving their games under Fisher are Hardaway and Shump.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/25/2014  9:09 AM
djsunyc wrote:

Unfortunately he cant bench an entire team, and it gonna take some real balls to bench any member of a veteran squad of players. for the most part the preseason has been seeing what works vs what doesnt. I do want to see what Fisher does with the "doesnt work" group.

Would fisher bench Amare for lack of attempting to work iwthin the system primarily defensive ineptness knowing he's in a contract year? What about melo when he gets into hero mode like last night third and honestly from the 2nd quarter on?

Now when I do say benching I dont mean the player is done for the night, but merely a "have a seat" so I can point you in the direction I need.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/25/2014  10:41 AM
Splat wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Papabear Says

We must have been watching 2 different games. If it wasn't for Melo in the 1st half we would be down almost 18 points. you are starting to sound like DK7th. (any kin?) Melo is the best player on the Knicks. Do you know how many shots JR Smith, Shump, and Hardaway missed in the game?? How can you get assists everyone is missing shots. Everytime Stat got the ball he went to the basket forget about passing the ball because Stat does not know what that means. The Knicks players must make shots and drive to the basket. We've become a jump shooting team and thats not Melo's fault.

Papabear
Game Thread: [Knicks vs Raptors]

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy