[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Give me THJ numbers starting @ SG for 38 minutes
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/24/2014  2:31 PM
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:38 mins is too much for THJr....the only guy that needs to be out there for 38 mins is Melo.

Everyone else is gonna have to live with hovering between 25-35 minutes a game....maybe even 20-30 for some. That's it though. That how we living until we make that Kobe trade lol

Probably too much for him, remember he gets tired

In particular the back half of games

Well he's the superstar so he would be coasting for most of that time like Jordan and Kobe used to do. The offense is gonna allow him to be able to do that. He can take over in spurts. Mofo is going to be guarded one on one which is basically wide open for him

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/24/2014  2:38 PM
That's the idea
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

10/24/2014  3:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2014  3:23 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:he's got to show that he can do more than shoot in order to get those minutes

THJR has been the most consistent

2 guard in the triangle during preseason

Not sure if that's a end all reason to start

Him but I would based on potential uptick of improvement

I would also like someone else start

At the 2 besides Shumpert to see

If there is a discernible difference who starts here

Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE him as a player (check the records, I was one of the only to love his draft selection) -- just think he needs to bring a little bit more to the table to EARN starting

Who on this team has EARNED their spot

Melo
Calderon
Dalembert

That's about it, fair to say right

So why is THJR under a more rigid microscope of critique

this team is going nowhere this season. why would you want to just toss the keys to the kingdom to THJ? makes absolutely no sense. get him to strive for excellence and turn it over to him once he starts playing defense, etc

So the better option is to toss

The keys to the kingdom to Smith or Shumpert

Let's cut to the chase

Why should Smith or Shumpert start over THJR

If you take all their flaws into consideration

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/24/2014  3:27 PM
I think THJr brings intangibles that you need out of a starter. His intensity takes him over the top....hes not out there complaining to the refs, sulking or getting involved in shinanagins....hes locked into the game. we need that to start games.

his defense is adequate now. I think playing with team usa helped him greatly, along with the current coaching staff. I believe the kid is ready

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/24/2014  5:55 PM
Hardaway should start what's the difference between Hardaway and Allan Houston or Ray Allen were they defensive shut down SGs. I don't remember Houston or Allen being great at defense. I see THJ being the same as them in the defense dept. He is the future of the franchise let THJ have his run and he probably drops 20 ppg easily. I have always felt that defense can be learned and he can become a good team defender. This an opportunity to create a star player and all he needs is playing time to show case his scoring ability.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/24/2014  6:36 PM
Vmart wrote:Hardaway should start what's the difference between Hardaway and Allan Houston or Ray Allen were they defensive shut down SGs. I don't remember Houston or Allen being great at defense. I see THJ being the same as them in the defense dept. He is the future of the franchise let THJ have his run and he probably drops 20 ppg easily. I have always felt that defense can be learned and he can become a good team defender. This an opportunity to create a star player and all he needs is playing time to show case his scoring ability.

Allen and Allen were not defensive stoppers but were probably better than Hardaway Jr. On top of that they were both better rebounders and passers. Ray Allen skill set at Hardaway's age was on a different all around level. If Hardaway Jr did more stuff besides just shoot and become a slightly below avg to sometimes avg defender it would be cool. He is still young so it is possible to improve but he set some all time bad records in things other than shooting. Allen Houston is probably a good comparison though because he wasn't a good rebounder or assist man.

gunsnewing
USA
10/24/2014  6:59 PM
Allan
gunsnewing
USA
10/24/2014  7:01 PM
Vmart wrote:Hardaway should start what's the difference between Hardaway and Allan Houston or Ray Allen were they defensive shut down SGs. I don't remember Houston or Allen being great at defense. I see THJ being the same as them in the defense dept. He is the future of the franchise let THJ have his run and he probably drops 20 ppg easily. I have always felt that defense can be learned and he can become a good team defender. This an opportunity to create a star player and all he needs is playing time to show case his scoring ability.

The difference is Ward/spree vs Calderon/Melo. Someone has to guard the perimeter

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/24/2014  8:25 PM
I tend to agree THjr should start. We need shot makers. We won't be good at defense regardless. Let's shoot teams out of the gym.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/25/2014  9:26 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Allen and Allen were not defensive stoppers but were probably better than Hardaway Jr. On top of that they were both better rebounders and passers. Ray Allen skill set at Hardaway's age was on a different all around level. If Hardaway Jr did more stuff besides just shoot and become a slightly below avg to sometimes avg defender it would be cool. He is still young so it is possible to improve but he set some all time bad records in things other than shooting. Allen Houston is probably a good comparison though because he wasn't a good rebounder or assist man.

I have seen both Allen and Houston play believe me when I say they were very mediocre at best defensively. If a player gets playing time the first thing that gets lost in translation of an offensive player is the defensive side if the ball. He is a better offensive player than JR Smith and Shumpert. His defense is vastly underrated by people here he plays the passing lanes better than JR and Shump. He gets out on the break better than Shump and JR better finishing ability than Shump. To top it off he is made for the NBA. JR more a street baller as you are seeing he is unable to learn set offense and plays. Shump is just one side of the ball defense and I think people vastly overrate him on that side.

So if you want to go forward and choose you future path I think it's a no brainier it's Hardaway in a landslide.

Give me THJ numbers starting @ SG for 38 minutes

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy