[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Knicks v Bucks tonight
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/20/2014  10:18 PM
nixluva wrote:I like the passing even tho they haven't finished. It's a good sign. I wouldn't freak out too much with the D. I'm pretty sure Fish will play Dalembert in closing games.

Papabear Says

Nixluve are you on the Knicks payroll? They lost to the Bucks. I doubt that the Knicks make the playoffs. This team as it is assembled won't make the playoffs. They can't and won't defend. Thier defense is bad, very bad and that is who they are. hey I love my Knicks but this is not a good team. Hey and I am willing to wait but any young team we play this season we will have trouble beating. Face it it is who we are. Yet still in all I will be going to Knicks games this season. I Love my team but they won't make the playoffs. They are just not that good

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2014  10:23 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

This is why I have not been posting that much because I really have nothing to say. We still can't defend and we play bad against all young teams that can run. NixLuva can defend this team till he is blue in the face and he can defend Fisher till he is blue in the face but the is not a good team and not even a play off team. Now I can accept that and I will go to some of the games and root for my team. If you think this is bad wait till they play the Wizards.

I know it's hard to see it right now but this isn't really how you should judge the team. These Preseason games aren't the end of the story. This is a long process and Fish has a lot of work to do in getting the team ready and making decisions on who he's going to play and how much. While he's experimenting it makes it easier for teams to take advantage. Re-teaching this team how to play us going to be a longer process than 5 preseason games. They are getting better tho if you pay attention to how they started the year and they'll get better still.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/20/2014  10:23 PM
We're not that good yet

Phil has tons of work to do

Baby Steps is where we're at

We won't sniff 50 wins though

Not that this is a bad thing

To think and-or expect this is-was very unrealistic

And out of touch with reality

We're probably a 33-37win team at best

With some modest flexibility on the horizon

We'll have to maximize everything to it's fullest benefit

F500ONE

10/20/2014  10:24 PM
Finestrg wrote:How can melo be tired? He just had a long rest..

Best shape of his career

How can you question if he was tired

Did you not read up on his summer program

Did you not see his twitter pics

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/20/2014  10:29 PM
These game are are best tuneup games, and the Knicks are getting their strings pulled. I'll give them credit for one thing...alot of their made baskets are coming off of assists. Thats good....but they still cant score the way the triangle is meant to do....they are taking what the defense gives, they arent reading anythingm but merely reacting.

The pace all game was the Bucks, Kidd did alot of praise for Fisher then told his team to attack, run and launch threes on this garbage ass team.

You gotta be out of your mind to think this is a good team. They will form a mutiny before all star break playing like this.

F500ONE

10/20/2014  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2014  10:33 PM
Nice to see Shumpert put up his stank stat line

Nice to see him chucking 3's instead of slashing

Like he told us he would in this system

Nice to see him lock it up defensively

I'm so tired of him starting at

The 2 position it's not even funny

Start Hardaway Jr and Wear and teach-stress

Defensive fundamentals every single practice we get

What we can't afford is to have offensive imbalance

While trying to work at what we're weakest at, which is defense

Splat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5862

10/20/2014  10:35 PM
And reality sets in .............. see y'all sometime during the first regular season games. Time to take a break from this unproductive obsession. Again. Already. The umbilical cord is getting weaker. Thank god.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
knickscity
USA
10/20/2014  10:35 PM

I said starting Amare would be interesting....

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/20/2014  10:39 PM
knickscity wrote:

Come on, Amare was not the culprit out there. Our perimeter defense scks. Quincy mad dog I cant hit a 12 footer to save my life is no lock down defender either is Shumpert and Larkin is an absolute disaster area. Amare was 1 of 2 + players tonight.

RIP Crushalot😞
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

10/20/2014  10:40 PM
nixluva wrote:
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

This is why I have not been posting that much because I really have nothing to say. We still can't defend and we play bad against all young teams that can run. NixLuva can defend this team till he is blue in the face and he can defend Fisher till he is blue in the face but the is not a good team and not even a play off team. Now I can accept that and I will go to some of the games and root for my team. If you think this is bad wait till they play the Wizards.

I know it's hard to see it right now but this isn't really how you should judge the team. These Preseason games aren't the end of the story. This is a long process and Fish has a lot of work to do in getting the team ready and making decisions on who he's going to play and how much. While he's experimenting it makes it easier for teams to take advantage. Re-teaching this team how to play us going to be a longer process than 5 preseason games. They are getting better tho if you pay attention to how they started the year and they'll get better still.

Papabear Says

Nixluva I love the way you have faith in this team. I hope that you are right. My question to you is how long will it take for this team to gel? How many games into the season

Papabear
F500ONE

10/20/2014  10:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Come on, Amare was not the culprit out there. Our perimeter defense scks. Quincy mad dog I cant hit a 12 footer to save my life is no lock down defender either is Shumpert and Larkin is an absolute disaster area. Amare was 1 of 2 + players tonight.

You know he's historically bad

In the plus minus category right

I understand trying to defend him

But come on, did Amar'e set a defensive tone?

No he just avoided being bad, which means

He wasn't really a solution

Kind of like the Bargnani dichotomy

knickscity
USA
10/20/2014  10:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

The first quarter sets the tone, they gave up 32 points and they were NOT all threes. bringing up +/- minus is boxscore talk. Amare was individually good...the Knicks were trading baskets at best with him out there. There was no tone set. Starting Amare set the precedent of not defending....and thats exactly what happened.

Splat
Member: #5862

10/20/2014  10:54 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:I know it's hard to see it right now but this isn't really how you should judge the team. These Preseason games aren't the end of the story.

I can give you the end of the story. I've been saying it for weeks/months now.

By the end of the season, teams like Philly and Boston, fearing the immediate impact of the clear cut draft lottery reform that is coming, are going to literally be giving away games. This is going to give the Knicks just enough juice to push their next first round pick out of the range of the few select impact guys sitting at the top of each draft. If you are picking 1 or 2 or 3, then great. If you are picking 9 or 10, then not so much. The year after that, comes the Bargnani Tax, where the Knicks have ZERO picks thanks to getting Andrea on the roster.

This team is on the treadmill of death. Just good enough to be a fringe 8th seed, but likely just a bit less even with freebie wins at the end of the season ( tanking teams, playoff teams resting their veteran cores) But not strong enough to contend. But never bad enough to get true help at the top of the draft. And IF there is widespread use of non guaranteed contracts and a hard cap in the next labor war, while other franchises have young guns like Rob Hennigan or Sam Hinkie or Rick Cho, the Knicks will have an aging exec in Zen Master who will still have limited GM experience and will have nowhere near the background these guys did coming up the ranks as analytics guys and assistant GMs and such.

The best long term move was to get a no name assistant GM from a contender, someone who paid their dues in blood and worked tehir way up the ranks, young and hungry, trade Melo, trade Chandler and tank, taking advantage of the back end of the current system before it changes.

Zen Master is a salty old war dog, won't take anything away from his 11 rings, but you see it in the NFL and in MLB and now in the NBA, you get young bright minds in the front office, new age personnel men for a new type of franchise build. What was the saying? New Jack Cops for a New Jack City.

I understand the lottery and draft picks are a crap shoot, but it was the only true long term alternative that didn't sink the Knicks for the next three years. This current regime will get the team incrementally better to mildly better, but the math and time don't add up. It's just prolonging the rebuild this team needs.

Someone should have told Dolan a long long time ago to sit his five dollar ass down before someone makes change.

The Zen Master move is a better move, but IMHO it's not the "right" move.

I love the Knicks, truly love them, but this current status is prolonging the inevitable.

And don't leave out Melo who is all about winning. He took the most money with the Knicks because this was his best shot at getting a ring after all. And he was good on his word and left a whopping $5M on the table which will net us another big time player.

Fast forward one year and Melo will sound like a robot talking about playing the game right and building a new culture. Well, Melo has always sounded like a robot. There isn't much going on upstairs there. He just shoot good.

That's the Knicks lot now. They have their one offensive stud and lots of leftover stuffing. Bless you Fish. You ain't sleeping much this year.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/20/2014  11:06 PM
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

The first quarter sets the tone, they gave up 32 points and they were NOT all threes. bringing up +/- minus is boxscore talk. Amare was individually good...the Knicks were trading baskets at best with him out there. There was no tone set. Starting Amare set the precedent of not defending....and thats exactly what happened.

Team defense was bad all night--I wont single one guy out.

Sit Quincy Acy and Shane Larkin. Quincy if you're going to be a mad dog you actually need to pull down more than 4 rebounds and hit a 12 footer. Larkin---save that money brother.

RIP Crushalot😞
knickscity
USA
10/20/2014  11:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Sit Quincy Acy and Shane Larkin. Quincy if you're going to be a mad dog you actually need to pull down more than 4 rebounds and hit a 12 footer. Larkin---save that money brother.

It's easy to single him out since he was the only change in the starting lineup. Without Amare, the team played defense primarily with enough scoring to pace the game. With Amare they tried to outscore the Bucks. Acy didnt play enough minutes to criticize. Larkin just doesnt fit this team. I am amazed he got no assists at all, but then again the bench was in total yolo mode.
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/21/2014  12:46 AM
Guys ... Chill the fuk out. This is all part of the master plan.

Stat need to be torn down defensively to the bare bones before we can start rebuilding it from scratch.

IMHO, he will be very serviceable in 3-4 years.

Patience fella's ....

Faith in da phish

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2014  4:18 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

this. The guaranteed minutes Acy and Larkin are getting despite limited production is frustrating. Not sure the upside Phil/Fish are looking for is there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knickscity
USA
10/21/2014  4:22 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

this. The guaranteed minutes Acy and Larkin are getting despite limited production is frustrating. Not sure the upside Phil/Fish are looking for is there.

Larkin played because calderon got injured and Pablo is just plain old, but Larkin doesnt belong in this type of offense. Acy has been the only consistent forward in the role they have....no one else has even contributed positively in the forward role....and that includes Melo.

It's gonna be a long season if the blame game is centered around min wage reserves.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2014  6:25 AM
knickscity wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickscity wrote:

Larkin played because calderon got injured and Pablo is just plain old, but Larkin doesnt belong in this type of offense. Acy has been the only consistent forward in the role they have....no one else has even contributed positively in the forward role....and that includes Melo.

It's gonna be a long season if the blame game is centered around min wage reserves.

Acy has started all but one game I believe and was getting about 25 mins a night. I agree that Acy should be a reserve. I think that was clear before he was a knick and I don't think he has done anything to change that. I also don't thi k you can start Acy and Shump. In regards to Larkin, I watched the game and I know why he got more minutes last night. Has he impressed you as a player that should be the backup based on his summer league play and 5 preseason games? I wound love for him to be good. Tell me what I am missing here? I would prefer to feel positive about him for reasons other than his age.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/21/2014  7:55 AM
Wasn't on NBATV so I didn't catch it. Judging from the comments it doesn't sound like I will be buying league pass before I move. Not worth buying it twice while we sort things out.
Gamethread: Knicks v Bucks tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy