[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Yes or No. Is It Time To Cut Bait On Andrea Bargnani?
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
10/19/2014  9:30 PM
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:Acy might have been Phil's better deal and it didnt take a valued player at all. If Dallas makes a run anywhere close to a title with Tyson...Phil shyt the bed. Dallas wanted Tyson back badly....I'll leave it there.

How does Dallas' performance cause a re-evaluation of the trade? Either it was good for us or it was not.

We had offers for Tyson mid-season last year and should have pulled the trigger. We were lucky Dallas was still around to deal with.

The reality is quite simple. Tyson became a serious underachiever as time went on here. If he re-energizes with Dallas and does well here, that doesn't change the fact he became a poor teammate here and he needed to be moved.

What was good for Dallas was good for us. We extracted the thorn called Felton from our paw in the process and got three players who are part of our rotation now. That's good no matter how well Tyson does.

Shyt the bed? Come on

Phil was in tow mid season....it's obvious he blocked the trade for Lowry. The reality is, this team didnt fit a player like Tyson. tyson was a piece to the puzzle, when the team expected him to be the puzzle and the box it came in. Miraculously he won DPOY in that role and became a first time all-star....so no he didnt underperform...he exceeeded.

Now if we're talking about playoffs.....JR sucked ass, so did Melo and his 40% shooting and unrelenting near record attempt heaves at the basket claiming his shoulder was hurt at the same time.

Sorry though, if Dallas wins anything close to atitle while we're still searching for a first round flameout....that deal was lost.

I thought Tyson was a jerk to be honest

I can understand Phil's reasoning for wanting to dump him

But don't sell this crap about Tyson not being a fit

And then sell Bargnani as a triangle surprise, naaaaahhhh Phil sorry won't cut it

I wasnt a fan of Tyson talking in the media, but it seems he said the same things in private. The thing that gets me is hearing how he performed poorly...true he did, so did others. But the blame laid at one mans feet when everone contributed. Even the knuckle head JR spilled the beans and said Tyson was having family issues with his mom which was affecting his play.

I still will say imo Phil has done the best he could...these cats on this team are not that good.

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/20/2014  8:09 AM
I still dont understand the trade it made no sense and i dont like giving up first round picks unless its for a impact player. Nothing against bargs but he hasnt lived up to expectations and he is injured all the time. When he is healthy he puts up decent numbers but i glad his contratct is expiring
Dagger
Member: #4184

10/20/2014  9:57 AM
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:
knickscity wrote:Acy might have been Phil's better deal and it didnt take a valued player at all. If Dallas makes a run anywhere close to a title with Tyson...Phil shyt the bed. Dallas wanted Tyson back badly....I'll leave it there.

How does Dallas' performance cause a re-evaluation of the trade? Either it was good for us or it was not.

We had offers for Tyson mid-season last year and should have pulled the trigger. We were lucky Dallas was still around to deal with.

The reality is quite simple. Tyson became a serious underachiever as time went on here. If he re-energizes with Dallas and does well here, that doesn't change the fact he became a poor teammate here and he needed to be moved.

What was good for Dallas was good for us. We extracted the thorn called Felton from our paw in the process and got three players who are part of our rotation now. That's good no matter how well Tyson does.

Shyt the bed? Come on

Phil was in tow mid season....it's obvious he blocked the trade for Lowry. The reality is, this team didnt fit a player like Tyson. tyson was a piece to the puzzle, when the team expected him to be the puzzle and the box it came in. Miraculously he won DPOY in that role and became a first time all-star....so no he didnt underperform...he exceeeded.

Now if we're talking about playoffs.....JR sucked ass, so did Melo and his 40% shooting and unrelenting near record attempt heaves at the basket claiming his shoulder was hurt at the same time.

Sorry though, if Dallas wins anything close to atitle while we're still searching for a first round flameout....that deal was lost.

It's obvious Phil blocked the trade for Lowry? Phil came on in March, the trade deadline was in February. Hmmmmmm, I knew Phil was the zen master but I didn't know he was capable of time travel. Wow.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/20/2014  10:43 AM
Dagger wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:

Shyt the bed? Come on

It's obvious Phil blocked the trade for Lowry? Phil came on in March, the trade deadline was in February. Hmmmmmm, I knew Phil was the zen master but I didn't know he was capable of time travel. Wow.

I'd suspect that as discussions ensued that phil was consulted on potential trades and thought the better of it.

Tyson in his career has had problems with his health and early on expectations of being a top pick out of highschool. Being DPOY he lived up to his contract and potential and in the right system at the right price he still can be productive.

I don't care what anyone says, this is a rebuilding year. WHile nobody comes out and says it this is a year to install a culture and clear out contracts.

Regarding Bargnani, I am on record months ago as believing he can thrive in this system. While some of you choose to look at the obvious and write him off the fact is we are not cutting him and paying for him at the same time unless we have a blue chip yoot in the wings we need to develop. A trade could always happen where a contending team can take on his expiring but he has to get healthy. WE still have 82 game left last I saw and while he might not be part of our future he can certainly contribute on teh court and off it if he becomes a good trade asset. Fact is at the right price he might see NY as a good place because the system might elevate his value but he can't monetize it on other teams. Its called reletive value.

Fact is a successful Bargnani is a very good thing. Half the league has guys with strains and pulls taking time. I would not sweat this.

This could get ugly early in the season. I not writing anyone off until January.

In fact, while Phil has not track record at the helm I trust this mofo more than anyone I can recall since Riley. He is not coaching but "PHish", being PHil, Fish, Rambus and Cleamons have a lot of sucess amung them and I trust their decision.

They write off Bargs, then he's gone.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/20/2014  10:46 AM
Dagger wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:

Shyt the bed? Come on

Dolan and Phil had been discussing him taking over since 12/12/13, Dolan admitted that during his meetings with phil he came to the grand reality that he knew next to nothing about building a championship team. It's possible that he asked phil for his advice about trading for lowry, and I'm sure that draft pick nix the deal.

IMO, you get hurt and fall behind, that basically drops you in the rotation,especially if it's training camp and your position is stack..

ES
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
10/20/2014  10:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2014  10:57 AM
Nalod - the evidence is against Bargnani. Why does he receive a free pass when he has done little to validate his great expectations?

Certainly, everyone fantasizes about the image of the 6'11 gazelle who can rise a nail a jumper (or make the extra pass... or snatch a timely rebound), but there are only a few Dirk's to go around. The more time passes, the more Barganani's predicted usefulness in the Knicks system becomes counterfeit.

once a knick always a knick
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/20/2014  11:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Dagger wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:

Shyt the bed? Come on

Dolan and Phil had been discussing him taking over since 12/12/13, Dolan admitted that during his meetings with phil he came to the grand reality that he knew next to nothing about building a championship team. It's possible that he asked phil for his advice about trading for lowry, and I'm sure that draft pick nix the deal.

IMO, you get hurt and fall behind, that basically drops you in the rotation,especially if it's training camp and your position is stack..

I remember Dolan saying they didn't want to make any moves until Phil was locked up. And he could make the decision's.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
10/20/2014  11:34 AM
F500ONE wrote:
Splat wrote:F5, your logic on all of your points is opposite of mine

Citing Dallas trade? We were lucky Tyson was wanted back by Cuban. Nobody wants the other ones. Poor analogy. Implying Phil could have pulled the trigger on dumping these two swollen contracts for players nobody needs as a comparable event to the Dallas trade is illogical IMO.

Lumping in JR with Bargs & Amare makes no sense to me. JR has another year. He can still be harnessed and may be needed far more than the other two. Plus, he can be traded in the next two seasons if he is playing well and behaved, particularly in his last year when a contender needs a sixth man for $6M. Comparing him as a trading asset to Bargs and Amare does not compute at all.

You're willing to give up assets we can use. I am not. Not worth going into that further.

You're drawing very thinly supported assertions to infer Phil is dropping the ball. I would do exactly what he is doing and let those two mooks expire and get what you can out of them if possible this year, but give up nothing and take on no more baggage to dump them. This year is ideal for that.

A 2018 1st is of no relevance to our future success

Zero whatsoever, keep telling yourself it would be

There's also not enough time[playing wise nor life of contract]

To call ourselves duping teams

Into an increased value of any of these Bums

Lose a battle but win the war

Nah, keep the pick. Let Bargs expire. Use the draft and cap space to improve the team or add assets next season. Trading a first round pick to dump Bargs is not value. Value would be trading him for a productive player with an extra yr that a team is looking to dump for cap space. If he is worth dipping into our 2015 cap space.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2014  11:47 AM
misterearl wrote:Nalod - the evidence is against Bargnani. Why does he receive a free pass when he has done little to validate his great expectations?

Certainly, everyone fantasizes about the image of the 6'11 gazelle who can rise a nail a jumper (or make the extra pass... or snatch a timely rebound), but there are only a few Dirk's to go around. The more time passes, the more Barganani's predicted usefulness in the Knicks system becomes counterfeit.

Just for accuracy Bargs was measured at 7' without shoes and 7'1.25" with shoes. Being 7' with a jumper and good driving ability is why they talked about Dirk comparisons. For a little while there it looked like he was on his way to maybe being a Dirk lite type player. Scoring 20 ppg and shooting from all over. He was our 2nd leading scorer for a good part of the start of last year before he fell. He isn't Dirk, but he can be useful if he's engaged and used right. Phil and Fish seem interested in getting something out of him.

In the only game he played this preseason Bargs looked good. From the way Fish was talking about Bargs up to that point he must have looked good in practice. Why not let things play out and see what happens? If he gets healthy and contributes, great. If not they can always still decide to move him but his value could be increased if he plays and has some success. It's worth taking a chance to see if that happens. His value can't be any worse than it is now so they should try to see if he can help this team 1st.

Splat
Member: #5862

10/20/2014  11:55 AM
Just for the sake of accuracy: Bargs is only 26 inches tall after he leaps into the air and lands on his wrist.
I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2014  12:05 PM
Splat wrote:Just for the sake of accuracy: Bargs is only 26 inches tall after he leaps into the air and lands on his wrist.

I don't know if i'd give him 26". He landed pretty flat. More like 15". Besides he destroyed his elbow his wrists are pretty flexible from not lifting weights.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

10/20/2014  12:09 PM
Dagger wrote:
knickscity wrote:
Splat wrote:

Shyt the bed? Come on

There were rumors-reports Phil was

Pulling strings since December last yr behind the scenes

F500ONE

10/20/2014  12:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Citing Dallas trade? We were lucky Tyson was wanted back by Cuban. Nobody wants the other ones. Poor analogy. Implying Phil could have pulled the trigger on dumping these two swollen contracts for players nobody needs as a comparable event to the Dallas trade is illogical IMO.

Lumping in JR with Bargs & Amare makes no sense to me. JR has another year. He can still be harnessed and may be needed far more than the other two. Plus, he can be traded in the next two seasons if he is playing well and behaved, particularly in his last year when a contender needs a sixth man for $6M. Comparing him as a trading asset to Bargs and Amare does not compute at all.

You're willing to give up assets we can use. I am not. Not worth going into that further.

You're drawing very thinly supported assertions to infer Phil is dropping the ball. I would do exactly what he is doing and let those two mooks expire and get what you can out of them if possible this year, but give up nothing and take on no more baggage to dump them. This year is ideal for that.

Nah, keep the pick. Let Bargs expire. Use the draft and cap space to improve the team or add assets next season. Trading a first round pick to dump Bargs is not value. Value would be trading him for a productive player with an extra yr that a team is looking to dump for cap space. If he is worth dipping into our 2015 cap space.

For a player like Mike Scott, D.J. Augustin, Robert Sacre

You'd be a fool not to do a deal like that

Comb the league and find comparable talent

And potential trading partner

newyorknewyork
10/20/2014  1:04 PM
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

First round draft picks are worth more then those players. Players like those are available to be signed every free agency no need to give up draft picks for them. Let him walk and sign a player of that calibre in the offseason like we did with Jason Smith. None of those guys make us contenders and we have our draft pick this yr. If we suck then we add a lottery pick.

We won 54 games and still landed a solid player in Hardawy jr a yr ago. So thinking that the pick will hold little value is flawed. Nobody knows who is coming out yet in 2018 or how deep the draft will be or where we will even be picking. I would only trade a pick during the draft going forward unless the deal was a nobrainer.

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/20/2014  1:58 PM
in a nutshell... Splat, you may want to enjoy the benefits of this feature as well...
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
F500ONE

10/20/2014  1:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

First round draft picks are worth more then those players. Players like those are available to be signed every free agency no need to give up draft picks for them. Let him walk and sign a player of that calibre in the offseason like we did with Jason Smith. None of those guys make us contenders and we have our draft pick this yr. If we suck then we add a lottery pick.

We won 54 games and still landed a solid player in Hardawy jr a yr ago. So thinking that the pick will hold little value is flawed. Nobody knows who is coming out yet in 2018 or how deep the draft will be or where we will even be picking. I would only trade a pick during the draft going forward unless the deal was a nobrainer.

We'll have to agree to disagree

For the record Phil could have traded

The pick during this past draft

And got back possibly a talent to help now

Sometimes it's about the talent

And what they'll be paid

Not to mention if he finds a team under

The cap he generates a TPE to sign those caliber of players

You know those who might get cut but be eligible for playoffss

Should we still be over the cap

Thanks to taking on contracts like Bargnani, on top of his suckiness

It's created cap inflexibility particularly the Tax

Going forward I guess we'll be much better off here

newyorknewyork
10/20/2014  2:07 PM
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree

For the record Phil could have traded

The pick during this past draft

And got back possibly a talent to help now

Sometimes it's about the talent

And what they'll be paid

Not to mention if he finds a team under

The cap he generates a TPE to sign those caliber of players

You know those who might get cut but be eligible for playoffss

Should we still be over the cap

Thanks to taking on contracts like Bargnani, on top of his suckiness

It's created cap inflexibility particularly the Tax

Going forward I guess we'll be much better off here

Maybe something will open up favorably for us as the season goes along. We know that Amare is probably headed to Philly at the deadline.

Splat

10/20/2014  2:40 PM
babyKnicks wrote:in a nutshell... Splat, you may want to enjoy the benefits of this feature as well...

Instruct me in this wondrous feature maestro. I have not seen how that is done here.

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
10/20/2014  5:58 PM
Splat wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:in a nutshell... Splat, you may want to enjoy the benefits of this feature as well...

Instruct me in this wondrous feature maestro. I have not seen how that is done here.

with great power comes great responsibility:
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/services/profile/profile.asp?id=ignoredusers

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Splat

10/20/2014  8:07 PM
Well, that shut them up
Yes or No. Is It Time To Cut Bait On Andrea Bargnani?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy