[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Starting Power Forward
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
10/20/2014  5:18 PM
Splat wrote:Stat & Bargs will not be resigned by the NY Knicks, so any recurring fantasies that somehow either of these guys are going to play their socks off this year and be rewarded with a new contract by us can be donated to the Make-A-Wish Foundation along with any other fantasies about Kobe becoming a Knick (he is retiring a Laker).

The last thing in the world Phil is going to do is keep on the deadwood players of the past, guys who performed so far below expectations after being paid rivers of cash that they can never make up for the shortfall.

This is going to be Phil's team and that means new players next year to fill the spots of Stat & Bargs.

Agreed. This obsession of thinking all Bsrgs especially needs is coaching up is delusional thinking.

Phil wants nothing more than trade him and amare asap. He just wont take trash back, which makes sense.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/20/2014  5:35 PM
Phil and Fish are gonna give it their best shot with Bargs. Fish was very positive about Bargs and until proven otherwise he still is looking forward to seeing what he can get out of Bargs. We've got a full season to see what happens. I'm hoping all of our bigs have a full and healthy season for a change.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2014  5:38 PM
babyKnicks wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Keep in mind jason smith is very injury prone. I wouldn't start him. I would go with Acy and let them build cobsession instead of shuffling guys in and out of the lineup ala Woodson

Very very solid point, i think jason smith has not played more than 51 games a season. we got many more than that from Amare.

i think that amare may resign ala the heat players for a like a vet min or something similar to stay.

Also, with the lebron coming home theme, i could easily see him heading back to phoenix or orlando (high school).

Either way, i'm cool with Jason smith starting and amare backing him up...love acy, but think he will be better used backing up melo and the 4 at 15 minutes per game, not for heavy minutes against top competition.

I suspect he's not someone we can throw at cleveland or chicago in a 5 game series and expect to come out on top.

During the season, i'm all for minutes for the group, but in the playoffs we really need to think about a series with coaching adjustments and one thing we know is coaches can adjust to hustle, and at the moment, ACY is all hustle...

Jason Smith - complete package when healthy.
Amare - we know stat can bring it in the playoffs
Bargs - no comment.

speaking of amare and playoffs, my favorite playoff highlight of all time from Amare on the knicks... brings tears to my eyes every time i see it... enjoy:

Forgot how great it is to hear Marv call a Knick game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/21/2014  1:03 AM
babyKnicks wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Keep in mind jason smith is very injury prone. I wouldn't start him. I would go with Acy and let them build cobsession instead of shuffling guys in and out of the lineup ala Woodson

Very very solid point, i think jason smith has not played more than 51 games a season. we got many more than that from Amare.

i think that amare may resign ala the heat players for a like a vet min or something similar to stay.

Also, with the lebron coming home theme, i could easily see him heading back to phoenix or orlando (high school).

Either way, i'm cool with Jason smith starting and amare backing him up...love acy, but think he will be better used backing up melo and the 4 at 15 minutes per game, not for heavy minutes against top competition.

I suspect he's not someone we can throw at cleveland or chicago in a 5 game series and expect to come out on top.

During the season, i'm all for minutes for the group, but in the playoffs we really need to think about a series with coaching adjustments and one thing we know is coaches can adjust to hustle, and at the moment, ACY is all hustle...

Jason Smith - complete package when healthy.
Amare - we know stat can bring it in the playoffs
Bargs - no comment.

speaking of amare and playoffs, my favorite playoff highlight of all time from Amare on the knicks... brings tears to my eyes every time i see it... enjoy:

wtf?????????????

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Starting Power Forward

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy