[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So When Will the Kobe to NYK Rumors Start?
Author Thread
knickscity
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4241
USA
10/19/2014  3:40 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Sounds like Phil Jackson is posting here under a couple of handles. A lot of vitriol for a guy who helped Phil with 5 rings. Take away Kobe and he has 5 less. Would I take Kobe for Stat Bargnani and Tim Hardaway(as the asset) the answer is YES. By pairing Kobe and Carmelo--it would give us a chance to win now. Its really not a bad idea for both teams.

Yea I mentioned this trade when Phil came on board. The general perception is that Kobe is a laker lifer, like Jeter but I think it's a possibility. Lakers did Kobe right by giving him his money and now they will will be doing right by putting him on a cd tender with none other than his boys Phil & Derek

why do we need kobe? We have shumpert.

One is NOT like the other. Kobe even at 36 can average 20 per game still and would be the only player on the team that knows the triangle first hand. He'll make it in one piece out of that contract for sure, and if it only took Amare and lets say Larkin...you do it.

Ok the shumpert thing was sarcasm but I still have zero interest in Kobe.

No issues there, I'm not clamoring for him, but if he became available for this group I'd be interested. They'll need an on the court person who knows the system. It's why Phil was interested in Odom and Pau....they'll need an on the court coach.
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/19/2014  3:52 PM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Sounds like Phil Jackson is posting here under a couple of handles. A lot of vitriol for a guy who helped Phil with 5 rings. Take away Kobe and he has 5 less. Would I take Kobe for Stat Bargnani and Tim Hardaway(as the asset) the answer is YES. By pairing Kobe and Carmelo--it would give us a chance to win now. Its really not a bad idea for both teams.

Yea I mentioned this trade when Phil came on board. The general perception is that Kobe is a laker lifer, like Jeter but I think it's a possibility. Lakers did Kobe right by giving him his money and now they will will be doing right by putting him on a cd tender with none other than his boys Phil & Derek

One is NOT like the other. Kobe even at 36 can average 20 per game still and would be the only player on the team that knows the triangle first hand. He'll make it in one piece out of that contract for sure, and if it only took Amare and lets say Larkin...you do it.

No issues there, I'm not clamoring for him, but if he became available for this group I'd be interested. They'll need an on the court person who knows the system. It's why Phil was interested in Odom and Pau....they'll need an on the court coach.

The problem is that Kobe would be a cancer on this team. We need camaraderie not an azzhole.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knickscity
USA
10/19/2014  4:25 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

The problem is that Kobe would be a cancer on this team. We need camaraderie not an azzhole.

How exactly would he be a cancer? I would think Kobe's ego would drive him to bring NY it's first title in over 40 years. He's not a dummy, he's knows his body isnt what it used to be, but I'd tell you one thing for sure....he wouldnt tolerate losing
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/19/2014  4:47 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

That's over blown. Kobe is a competitor. He wants to win and he's a winner. He demands that from his teammates and he leaves it all of there. I don't like him but let's not be ridiculous. He's 35 sin to be 36. He's still the best 2 guard in the league.

It's not likely but possible. If this were to happen it would be game on.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/19/2014  5:01 PM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

agree with this but lakers are going to retire him, not trade him under any circumstances

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knickscity
USA
10/19/2014  6:32 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

agree with this but lakers are going to retire him, not trade him under any circumstances

Most likely so but just wait til the Lakers head to the all-star break sitting at 15 wins. Kobe if healthy will not be a happy camper. I'm positive the rumors will commence, Phil knows he has to bring in someone to help steer the ship on the court. If Kobe is healthy I think he would take that chance. Phil only has 5 years, he's not young either.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2014  5:56 PM
It appears Kobe had another big game last night in the Lakers win over the Jazz. 27 pts and a +21 when he was on the court. Lin missed his third straight game with an ankle sprain. That seems like a lot of games since he has been reported as day to day before each game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/20/2014  6:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:It appears Kobe had another big game last night in the Lakers win over the Jazz. 27 pts and a +21 when he was on the court. Lin missed his third straight game with an ankle sprain. That seems like a lot of games since he has been reported as day to day before each game.

But dude...he sucks! Clearly JR Smith is better.

So When Will the Kobe to NYK Rumors Start?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy