[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ot: any jet fans feel
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/6/2014  1:03 PM
The Jets had 12 draft picks. Only 5 made the roster. Only 2 are active. Why didn't idzik package the picks to move up for more talent. It proves he is not capable of picking talent. His major pick has been Geno who is worse than Sanchez. If you can't spot talent you shouldn't have a job as GM. Can him immediately
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/6/2014  1:08 PM
gunsnewing wrote:The Jets had 12 draft picks. Only 5 made the roster. Only 2 are active. Why didn't idzik package the picks to move up for more talent. It proves he is not capable of picking talent. His major pick has been Geno who is worse than Sanchez. If you can't spot talent you shouldn't have a job as GM. Can him immediately

Sounds like its more that just the GM. If they can find decent players then their whole draft scout infrastructure should be replaced. That is horrible. 12 picks and only 5 made the team?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/6/2014  1:09 PM
I agree..Start Simms. This will also pique interest from other fans like Giant fans. I would actually start watching Jet games if they start Phil's boy.
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/6/2014  1:13 PM
Simms isn't the answer. The OL really was the big problem on offense. Geno needs support and if you saw the game the OL kept getting penalties that created 3rd n long when they had a more favorable short 3rd down.

The WR spot is still weak if you don't have Decker in there. Marty isn't using the run game enough and not enough use off short routes, TE's, Bubble Screens etc. Then you might be able to get over the top once in a while.

Rex defense is not strong as it was expected. Idzik failed to fix secondary. So there are a lot of issues right now.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/6/2014  1:31 PM
nixluva wrote:Simms isn't the answer. The OL really was the big problem on offense. Geno needs support and if you saw the game the OL kept getting penalties that created 3rd n long when they had a more favorable short 3rd down.

The WR spot is still weak if you don't have Decker in there. Marty isn't using the run game enough and not enough use off short routes, TE's, Bubble Screens etc. Then you might be able to get over the top once in a while.

Rex defense is not strong as it was expected. Idzik failed to fix secondary. So there are a lot of issues right now.

I agree Simms isn't the answer but neither is geno or Vick ... Let's see what this kids got he seems to have all the tools for success .. Except good wr to throw too

gunsnewing
USA
10/6/2014  1:35 PM
Listening to Francesa and he makes a good point. Idzik's expertise was in managing the cap. So I guess you can say him getting them $22m under the cap is a success. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way lol. You need an eye for talent as well. Man how dysfunction team from top to bottom
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/6/2014  1:52 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Listening to Francesa and he makes a good point. Idzik's expertise was in managing the cap. So I guess you can say him getting them $22m under the cap is a success. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way lol. You need an eye for talent as well. Man how dysfunction team from top to bottom

It's still early in the process. I haven't given up on Idzik yet. Next year is the big one for me. This is year 2 and this schedule was brutal. The last game was the only blowout. They had a chance to win every other game. Everything had to be perfect in this stretch of tough games and our biggest weakness is our CB's which is deadly against top QB's.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/6/2014  3:16 PM
Monday morning musings. Fans in hindsight making emotional "they should........"

Remember 0-2 fans wanted to revamp the Giants? When they say it will take a few weeks for the new offense to kick in they are sometimes telling the truth!

Im not saying Jets can turn this around or that Geno Smith is the answer, but maybe its best to let Smith keep learining while They tank.
Ryan had the jets to conf finals two years in a row with Sanchez. Not bad!!

gunsnewing
USA
10/6/2014  3:31 PM
I've seen a lot more from Sanchez than Geno. Geno looked decent at the end of last year against some really inferior teams. Geno hasnt shown aything. All he's proven is that he is not a leader. Not mature enough to be the QB and face of your franchise
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/6/2014  3:48 PM
Guy missed one meeting. Not a firable offense is it?

No doubt Geno is not answering the "question marks" he had when drafted.
Not sure how close he is to breaking thru but the talent on the field is not there.

gunsnewing
USA
10/6/2014  4:05 PM
I believe he leads the league in picks. Even when Decker was healthy they couldn't pull out wins because of Geno's mistakes. Geno was not completely at fault but he is one of the main problems talent wise. I've seen enough of him. He is no longer a question mark. Missing the meeting as a QB and "face of the franchise" "team leader" is the final nail in the coffin imo
RonRon
Member: #246
10/6/2014  6:43 PM
They are very quick and hit very hard
Though their 2ndary isn't the strongest, I like watching them play DEF, as they are quick and strong hits

Not sure about their OFF coach and talents though
Think they need to upgrade their OFF line with many upgraded talents starting with QB, giving a 3rd stringer with the same OFF stategy simply isn't going to work
They still need to fix their OFF LINE in order to do any effective but if they do that, how will they have money left to get talent?
Looks like they will have to do a rebuild depending on the contracts they have, which I have no clue

Like The Giants, they need to find ways to get rid of the ball faster, stick with the run *with a QB that can also make plays*
They currently do not have much at WR, Decker is a 2nd, maybe 3rd option, and not a #1, at least not on a contending team

tj23
Member: #3119

10/6/2014  7:41 PM
Not a Jets fan but I watch them plenty. I like Rex but they don't seem to want him around anymore. Maybe it is time for a change of scenery. I think they can do a lot worse for a HC. That team just lacks so much talent, particularly on the offensive end. I still can't believe they won 8 games last year. Bad QB play for years and an awful WR core just won't get it done. It's nice they drafted Amaro and signed Decker but CJ2K is a shell of his former self and Jeremy Kerley is their 2nd best wideout. And Rex can't operate a consistent defense with that beat up secondary that was bad to begin with. Did they even sign anyone or will they just keep playing a safety at corner?
gunsnewing
USA
10/6/2014  8:03 PM
tj23 wrote:Not a Jets fan but I watch them plenty. I like Rex but they don't seem to want him around anymore. Maybe it is time for a change of scenery. I think they can do a lot worse for a HC. That team just lacks so much talent, particularly on the offensive end. I still can't believe they won 8 games last year. Bad QB play for years and an awful WR core just won't get it done. It's nice they drafted Amaro and signed Decker but CJ2K is a shell of his former self and Jeremy Kerley is their 2nd best wideout. And Rex can't operate a consistent defense with that beat up secondary that was bad to begin with. Did they even sign anyone or will they just keep playing a safety at corner?

Yep and people are actually defending Idzik. It would be a travesty if Rex is fired and Idzik and Geno stay. They can do a lot worse than Rex. They have

They killed Mangini when he built those teams. They blamed him instead of Favre playing injured. You get what you wish for i guess.

Rumor is Holmgrem to the Raiders

gunsnewing
USA
10/6/2014  8:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/6/2014  8:09 PM
RonRon wrote:They are very quick and hit very hard
Though their 2ndary isn't the strongest, I like watching them play DEF, as they are quick and strong hits

Not sure about their OFF coach and talents though
Think they need to upgrade their OFF line with many upgraded talents starting with QB, giving a 3rd stringer with the same OFF stategy simply isn't going to work
They still need to fix their OFF LINE in order to do any effective but if they do that, how will they have money left to get talent?
Looks like they will have to do a rebuild depending on the contracts they have, which I have no clue

Like The Giants, they need to find ways to get rid of the ball faster, stick with the run *with a QB that can also make plays*
They currently do not have much at WR, Decker is a 2nd, maybe 3rd option, and not a #1, at least not on a contending team

Decker, Kerley, Amaro, Cumberland & Ivory should be fine. Definitely should've traded up and taken a Beckham Jr but thats next year. Unless Idzik screws up again.

The problem is they have an immature and eratic QB who will be out of the league next year. Oh and he misses his target way too often. Worse than Sanchez. Rex really screwed up by getting Sanchz hurt last year. You surround Sanchez with Talent and he will win. He already proved that. What has Geno proved? Nothing

y2zipper
Member: #3287

10/7/2014  3:01 AM
Ryan hasn't developed an offensive player since he got to the Jets and should have been fired last year so Idzik could pick his own guy as the GM. Idzik was brought in to get the team out of cap Hell and this year is basically a lame-duck season for Rex Ryan. Right now, the Jets are better off seeing if Geno Smith can improve. If he can't and they tank bad enough, they can get rid of Ryan for a better coach and pick a new QB early in the first for next year.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/7/2014  8:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2014  8:09 AM
In fairness to Geno Smith its not all his fault. I mean if you look at our offensive line they rarely protect Geno and since he is a inexperienced kid the pressure he is constantly under from the defense is causing im to make mistakes. Also besides Decker(who as been hurt most of the year) we ave no weapons. Im not absolvng Geno but its not just him. Jhn Idzik is the biggest problem. He had 12 draft picks which was more than any team and it looks like he whiffed bigtime which is alarming. Now im not giving up on pryor and i think Amaro will be a good player once hey use him. Also saving 20 million in cap sace without improving the terrible secondary is vey alarming
y2zipper
Member: #3287

10/7/2014  2:02 PM
I agree there. It isn't all Geno. The Jets aren't like the Sanchez teams or even this year's Buffalo team where there's a great defense but QB play is holding back the team. This team just doesn't have talent anywhere on the offensive end or in tbe secondary. They aren't going to be great with Simms or Vick in there.

I don't even think Decker is that great a weapon. But in fairness to Idzik, all those extra picks people talk about were in the 6th and 7th rounds. It's not like he whiffed on 5 first-rounders. He was also strapped to Rex Ryan by Jet ownership, which doesn't help.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/7/2014  2:37 PM
As a giant fan, I don't want to come off as Jet hater I like it when they win. But my observation of the team as an outsider looking in is that it is not a serious organization. The players reflect the organization's attitude. They create controversy when you don't need it. Like Tebow when you have Sanchez. They bring in Vick when you have Geno the organization is about tabloids and not serious enough about winning and creating stability. Rex Ryan is a defensive coordinator he isn't cut out for coaching. He can't make the tough decisions and he comes off as a players coach but the Jets don't need that they need a coach that demands and holds player accountable. If Geno missed or was late for a meeting Tom Coughlin would have been all over him.

It's got to start from top down. I feel there are to many people in the front office that want what they want and it interferes with what they currently have. This is going to be Rex's last year. It will be wise for the Jets to bring in a new coach new QB and new staff. I would look into bringing in a coach who has a history with coaching. Like Harbaugh, some one who has coached in the NFL, also a coach who is stern is important. Geno isn't the guy, once again they Need to breakaway from the norm and draft a QB who is pass first. The flaw in Sanchez was he was a backup in college. They drafted Geno for all the wrong reasons he was there sitting around in the green room he was more a tabloid pick.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/7/2014  3:01 PM
If they want geno to start running more they should lock him in a video room watching Russell Wilson highlights
Ot: any jet fans feel

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy