Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I accept that I will never like Carmelo Anthony. I will root for the team of course but I look forward to the day he is off the team. Hopefully before the 5yrs are up
I like melo and i do defend him quite a bit i just dont think you can win a title with him as the main guy. This isnt a criticism because very few players can do that. I think Melo can be a big part of winning a title but he needs to play with someone who is a better overall player, im not talking about a better scorer just another guy who is very good at all phases of the game

Like who? and please be realistic when you come up with a name.

Prime Chauncy Billups would do and did.

That's unrealistic because billups is retired, for all that you can throw magics name out there. When you look around the league and see so few go to guys or leaders, you start to get the picture.

Kyle Lowry instead of Bargs would have been nice.

Dragic would be really really nice.

I think that we at least got a PG who does smart things with the ball instead of the fat idiot.

Don't want Aldridge or Gasol at anywhere close to the max.

We're starting from a much lower point than that Denver team. Without Billups, that still wouldn't have been a 37 win eastern conference team. We'd need Billups and four or six more good players.

We are starting from a lower point but Denver was not that good. Nene was pretty good but there were loads of scrubs on that team.

With Prime Billups on this team we probably win 45-48 games, definitely good enough to make the playoffs and possibly even getting to the ECF's.

last year, that wouldn't have even been good enough for home-court advantage in the 1st round

That was last year. Indiana and Miami went south.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/1/2014  2:04 AM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Gsus wrote:
TheloniusMonk wrote:When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.

Dude, don't even..it's a lost cause. I call Melo out when he does stupid ****, but I'm not gonna blindly hate him and not admit that he is the first person in over a decade that has brought some success to this lousy franchise, and has lived up to his second tier superstar billing.

When was the last time a guy on this team won a scoring title, led the team to 54 wins, got the record for most points in a game at MSG, went to the second round and was an All-Star 3 straight years? Hell, I'll make it even easier...when was the last time one of our players looked like he belonged at an All-Star game?

I was watching the old All-Star game marathon on NBATV. I saw the game that Houston/Spree made it, and last years game as well. Carmelo looked like he belonged. He could have been MVP of that game, he had 27 points, the record for most three's in an All-Star game, and hit the go ahead 3 to give the East the lead for good. When was the last time we had a player like that? I'll wait....compare that to Houston or Spree, who went to the Finals but didn't have anywhere near the talent that this man does. I was asking myself wtf are those two doing in the All-Star game. They were outclassed.

Players, win, and players fail. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself...with this player, what are my chances of succeeding? Are they better with him, or without? Will a good cast of players surrounding this guy elevate the team to contending status? For all the warts Melo has, the fact is, he is the first true star in the league we've ever had since Ewing retired...but there are whiny brats that call themselves Knicks fans who say things like "I can't wait till this guy is off my team", like he's a cancer or something. He was called Stephon Marbury with a headband his first year here in the Daily News. Unbelievable.

I know what the people that want him off the team want. Spurs basketball. But they make it seem like playing team basketball is the end all be all in order to get a championship. You still need a very good player who can carry a team. The Spurs didn't win 5 championships with a bunch of scrubs running a system. As a matter of fact, they won the first four by dumping it into their best player.

Unfortunately for Melo, he doesn't have the trust, IQ, whatever it is, to get to the next level. But the situation he is in now is the best he will be in to reach that, if he fails now, then he will be another Domonique type player, one of the greats, but not a legend. Until we can get somebody better, that's what we are rolling with..get used to it.

+1 Post of the thread.

This post is yucky in many places

I would love for him to have done this comparison

Watch old tapes of Houston and Spree in the Finals

Then watch tapes of Carmelo in the Fin---oh wait

Tony Parker was MVP of their 4th chip

Could have very well been MVP in another before

They spread it around, they don't play with a Go-To-Scorer mentality

The ball finds energy and the effective player leading them to victory

They also play Top Notch defense, everyone from

The best player to last man in the rotation

Can you please stop posting like this. It /////// pisses me off. I get the occasional giant quote fest but this is much worse. Despite enjoying occasionally talking ball with you I think you will be my first guy on ignore. This //// is ridiculous if you are trying to read a thread on a phone.

I personally don't like scrolling way across

The screen to read threads

I've also seen many instances of

Pics posted far too large for phone formatted enjoyment

That's okay put me on ignore

Enjoy the rest of your day

Dude!

It's really annoying, it bothers many people. I like reading your posts but do you have to annoy people with this style/layout?

C'mon ...

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/1/2014  8:22 AM
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Gsus wrote:
TheloniusMonk wrote:When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.

Dude, don't even..it's a lost cause. I call Melo out when he does stupid ****, but I'm not gonna blindly hate him and not admit that he is the first person in over a decade that has brought some success to this lousy franchise, and has lived up to his second tier superstar billing.

When was the last time a guy on this team won a scoring title, led the team to 54 wins, got the record for most points in a game at MSG, went to the second round and was an All-Star 3 straight years? Hell, I'll make it even easier...when was the last time one of our players looked like he belonged at an All-Star game?

I was watching the old All-Star game marathon on NBATV. I saw the game that Houston/Spree made it, and last years game as well. Carmelo looked like he belonged. He could have been MVP of that game, he had 27 points, the record for most three's in an All-Star game, and hit the go ahead 3 to give the East the lead for good. When was the last time we had a player like that? I'll wait....compare that to Houston or Spree, who went to the Finals but didn't have anywhere near the talent that this man does. I was asking myself wtf are those two doing in the All-Star game. They were outclassed.

Players, win, and players fail. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself...with this player, what are my chances of succeeding? Are they better with him, or without? Will a good cast of players surrounding this guy elevate the team to contending status? For all the warts Melo has, the fact is, he is the first true star in the league we've ever had since Ewing retired...but there are whiny brats that call themselves Knicks fans who say things like "I can't wait till this guy is off my team", like he's a cancer or something. He was called Stephon Marbury with a headband his first year here in the Daily News. Unbelievable.

I know what the people that want him off the team want. Spurs basketball. But they make it seem like playing team basketball is the end all be all in order to get a championship. You still need a very good player who can carry a team. The Spurs didn't win 5 championships with a bunch of scrubs running a system. As a matter of fact, they won the first four by dumping it into their best player.

Unfortunately for Melo, he doesn't have the trust, IQ, whatever it is, to get to the next level. But the situation he is in now is the best he will be in to reach that, if he fails now, then he will be another Domonique type player, one of the greats, but not a legend. Until we can get somebody better, that's what we are rolling with..get used to it.

+1 Post of the thread.

Can you please stop posting like this. It /////// pisses me off. I get the occasional giant quote fest but this is much worse. Despite enjoying occasionally talking ball with you I think you will be my first guy on ignore. This //// is ridiculous if you are trying to read a thread on a phone.

Dude!

It's really annoying, it bothers many people. I like reading your posts but do you have to annoy people with this style/layout?

C'mon ...

Not to mention the fact he said "yucky"... LOL

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/1/2014  9:52 AM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I accept that I will never like Carmelo Anthony. I will root for the team of course but I look forward to the day he is off the team. Hopefully before the 5yrs are up
I like melo and i do defend him quite a bit i just dont think you can win a title with him as the main guy. This isnt a criticism because very few players can do that. I think Melo can be a big part of winning a title but he needs to play with someone who is a better overall player, im not talking about a better scorer just another guy who is very good at all phases of the game

That's unrealistic because billups is retired, for all that you can throw magics name out there. When you look around the league and see so few go to guys or leaders, you start to get the picture.

I think that we at least got a PG who does smart things with the ball instead of the fat idiot.

We're starting from a much lower point than that Denver team. Without Billups, that still wouldn't have been a 37 win eastern conference team. We'd need Billups and four or six more good players.

We are starting from a lower point but Denver was not that good. Nene was pretty good but there were loads of scrubs on that team.

With Prime Billups on this team we probably win 45-48 games, definitely good enough to make the playoffs and possibly even getting to the ECF's.

last year, that wouldn't have even been good enough for home-court advantage in the 1st round

That was last year. Indiana and Miami went south.

and Cleveland and probably at least one more surprise team will go north

F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

10/1/2014  9:57 AM
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Gsus wrote:

+1 Post of the thread.

Dude!

C'mon ...

Stop finding excuses to pick on the poster

The culture of this board should change

If we take the focus off the poster

And focus on content of subject matter

More importantly focus on our own contributions

The board becomes that much more enjoyable

What I will make an adjustment on is

Not fragmenting as much in one post

F500ONE

10/1/2014  10:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2014  10:04 AM
knickscity wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Were Kenyon, J.R., Camby included

In those loads of scrubs

What you're saying those Denver teams

Weren't that good although they had Melo

It wasn't until the Billups arrival

You could take them seriously

Camby? Did not know he was on that team.

Martin was ok (pretty inefficient though) - not a scrub (I actually think that Cole can be a better player). JR was as brain dead as he has been here.

Okay Camby wasn't there Birdman was

Camby was traded to Clippers right after

A Defensive Player Of The Year season

Melo = Not a Scrub

Billups = Not a Scrub

Birdman = Not a Scrub

Nene= Not a Scrub

Martin= Not a Scrub

So Melo had enough to win

And what you're saying Billups

Was the ultimate and true X-Factor on that team

Makes sense he finished 6th in MVP voting that year

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2009.html

Melo didn't place anywhere in MVP that season

Good luck finding a prime, near prime Billups

Btw Kleiza was very good that season

Probably just above scrub levels

Melo had enough to win what exactly? They lost to a superior team, with a superior head coach, with a superior superstar.

Whom Melo is often lumped in with

Around these neck of the woods

Swap Melo out with other Super talents on Denver

Probably have more favorable outcomes

Swap Melo out with Super talents primes

Dirk, Duncan, Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Durant, Paul George, probably Garnett

Isn't the point Melo needs far more help than expected

But is treated as if he's on a Super talent's level

While I am not of the belief that Melo can be the best player on a championship team, pretty much every champion has superior talent 1-8. Our second best player since Melo has been here has been JR Smith, barring the first season. You wont be winning much with that type of reliance or team makeup.

I can agree to some extent

This discussion always seems to

Go back to his Denver days

And there he shouldn't have been getting

Bounced in the first round as often

Considering who he did play with

He's played with some very good talent in Denver

Contrary to inequality opinions

Jordan is greater then Dirk yet Jordan still played along side of better talent and coached by a better coach.

Every superstar needs a ton of talent and great coaching to win championships. He had some good talent to in Denver on paper. The problem with that though is that the talent was often injured and the west was loaded during those times. Its not just about how good your team is but how tough the compition is as well. Those Denver teams were not on the level of there comp. If they played in the east then they would have made a couple of finals appearances. Those Eastern teams made the finals and got destroyed by the West mostly the same teams Denver lost to.

If Melo was rightfully drafted by Detroit. Playing alongside of vets like Ben Wallace Billups Rasheed and Rip. Coached by HOF Larry Brown. Then he would have been in equal scenarios as most NBA champions.

i agree with you here, but I put more of that on Karl than the team he had.they had.

Denver iirc during Karl time there two twice to teams that won the title and the third time that team was the runner up. Also iirc, Denver was 1-3 when they had hca in the first round.

There is no excuse to losing to

Clippers and Utah in the 1st round

Place the blame at the feet of

Melo and-or Karl it doesn't matter

Conveniently picking a part the

Rosters only during postseason play is follies finest

mreinman
Member: #3189

10/1/2014  10:02 AM
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Gsus wrote:

+1 Post of the thread.

Dude!

C'mon ...

I have never picked on you as a poster. As Iv'e said, I enjoy reading your posts (even though it can be a bit extreme). I and I am sure many other fair and balanced posters would find your posts easier to view if it was a bit more friendly on the eyes.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/1/2014  10:06 AM
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Gsus wrote:

+1 Post of the thread.

Dude!

C'mon ...

I have never picked on you as a poster. As Iv'e said, I enjoy reading your posts (even though it can be a bit extreme). I and I am sure many other fair and balanced posters would find your posts easier to view if it was a bit more friendly on the eyes.

+1 on all counts.

F500ONE

10/1/2014  10:07 AM
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Gsus wrote:

+1 Post of the thread.

Dude!

C'mon ...

Okay you spoken your peace on this

If brought up again by you personally

It's an attack on poster's profile

Which btw in your previous reply unless

You were sarcastic in style, was it

necessary to break your recommendation

Into 3 lines, to tell me how you felt

Follow your own advice and keep the crap on 1 line

F500ONE

10/1/2014  10:09 AM
Now can we get back to basketball gentlemen
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/1/2014  10:38 AM
whatever - he is a professional and I for one like to work for the highest bidder
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
10/1/2014  10:54 AM
Personally
I
Prefer
to
have
one
word
on
each
line
https:// It's not so hard.
F500ONE

10/1/2014  10:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2014  10:57 AM
BasketballJones wrote:Personally
I
Prefer
to
have
one
word
on
each
line

TripleThreat is jealous

Arkrud is in the middle

The Third Person clan not sure if serious

Me I rock witcha Jonesy

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/1/2014  11:42 PM
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

In those loads of scrubs

Martin was ok (pretty inefficient though) - not a scrub (I actually think that Cole can be a better player). JR was as brain dead as he has been here.

Melo = Not a Scrub

Billups = Not a Scrub

Birdman = Not a Scrub

Nene= Not a Scrub

Martin= Not a Scrub

Melo had enough to win what exactly? They lost to a superior team, with a superior head coach, with a superior superstar.

While I am not of the belief that Melo can be the best player on a championship team, pretty much every champion has superior talent 1-8. Our second best player since Melo has been here has been JR Smith, barring the first season. You wont be winning much with that type of reliance or team makeup.

Jordan is greater then Dirk yet Jordan still played along side of better talent and coached by a better coach.

Every superstar needs a ton of talent and great coaching to win championships. He had some good talent to in Denver on paper. The problem with that though is that the talent was often injured and the west was loaded during those times. Its not just about how good your team is but how tough the compition is as well. Those Denver teams were not on the level of there comp. If they played in the east then they would have made a couple of finals appearances. Those Eastern teams made the finals and got destroyed by the West mostly the same teams Denver lost to.

If Melo was rightfully drafted by Detroit. Playing alongside of vets like Ben Wallace Billups Rasheed and Rip. Coached by HOF Larry Brown. Then he would have been in equal scenarios as most NBA champions.

i agree with you here, but I put more of that on Karl than the team he had.they had.

Denver iirc during Karl time there two twice to teams that won the title and the third time that team was the runner up. Also iirc, Denver was 1-3 when they had hca in the first round.

I can understand why you would believe this based on perception.

In that same 2006 season which they lost to the Clippers, they lost Nene for all 82games of the season and playoffs. Camby and Martin both played 56 games each that yr. Yet Denver won 44 games to win there division and snag the 3rd seed. The Clippers won 47 games that yr(more games then Denver) to snag the 6th seed. Clippers also beat Denver 3 out of the 4 times during the regular season that yr. In the playoffs Martin played only 2 out of 5 games at 18mins a pop. So if your keeping score 2 of the players that you claim Melo had the pleasure of playing with did not contribute to the team during the playoffs in 06.

Clippers lineup during the series: Sam Cassell, Cutino Mobley, Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, Chris Kaman & Shaun Livingston.
Denver's lineup during the series: Andre Miller, Greg Buckner, Carmelo Anthony, Eduardo Najera, Marcus Camby, & Earl Boykins.

Clippers had the better available lineup. Elton Brand put up MVP type numbers that series. Brand was 7th in MVP voting that yr.

Denver and the Jazz both held the same record at 53 wins on the season. Karl had throat cancer and stepped away from the team the last month of the season and the playoffs. They also no longer had Camby and replaced him with a lesser Birdman. During the series Melo put up superstar numbers 30pts 8.5rebs 3.3ast 2stls per game dominating his matchup. Deron Williams dropped 26pts 11ast per game on Billups. Boozer dropped 25pts 13rebs per game on Nene. Milsap dropped 17pts 10rebs on Martin. Cj Miles dropped 14pts per game on Jr Smith(11)

If your keeping score, the core talent that you are claiming provided Melo with so much help severely lost there match ups mostly to better players then themselves. Nene and Martin combined for 21pts, 14rebs, 2.7stls per game. Boozer & Milsap combined for 40pts, 23rebs, 3blks per game.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/2/2014  7:25 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

In those loads of scrubs

Melo = Not a Scrub

Billups = Not a Scrub

Birdman = Not a Scrub

Nene= Not a Scrub

Martin= Not a Scrub

In that same 2006 season which they lost to the Clippers, they lost Nene for all 82games of the season and playoffs. Camby and Martin both played 56 games each that yr. Yet Denver won 44 games to win there division and snag the 3rd seed. The Clippers won 47 games that yr(more games then Denver) to snag the 6th seed. Clippers also beat Denver 3 out of the 4 times during the regular season that yr. In the playoffs Martin played only 2 out of 5 games at 18mins a pop. So if your keeping score 2 of the players that you claim Melo had the pleasure of playing with did not contribute to the team during the playoffs in 06.

Clippers lineup during the series: Sam Cassell, Cutino Mobley, Corey Maggette, Elton Brand, Chris Kaman & Shaun Livingston.
Denver's lineup during the series: Andre Miller, Greg Buckner, Carmelo Anthony, Eduardo Najera, Marcus Camby, & Earl Boykins.

Clippers had the better available lineup. Elton Brand put up MVP type numbers that series. Brand was 7th in MVP voting that yr.

Denver and the Jazz both held the same record at 53 wins on the season. Karl had throat cancer and stepped away from the team the last month of the season and the playoffs. They also no longer had Camby and replaced him with a lesser Birdman. During the series Melo put up superstar numbers 30pts 8.5rebs 3.3ast 2stls per game dominating his matchup. Deron Williams dropped 26pts 11ast per game on Billups. Boozer dropped 25pts 13rebs per game on Nene. Milsap dropped 17pts 10rebs on Martin. Cj Miles dropped 14pts per game on Jr Smith(11)

If your keeping score, the core talent that you are claiming provided Melo with so much help severely lost there match ups mostly to better players then themselves. Nene and Martin combined for 21pts, 14rebs, 2.7stls per game. Boozer & Milsap combined for 40pts, 23rebs, 3blks per game.

your point is that melo is really just a glorified junior varsity player who falls short in the playoffs time and again.

it's a team game. melo has never in his entire career been anything close to (a) a complete player and (b) a player who makes others around him better.

but hey it's always his teammates and his coaches. year in year out, consistently.

is carmelo anthony ever responsible for any of his failures? just because he himself never takes responsibility does not give you or anyone else permission to look elsewhere. seems that the common thread to melo getting kicked out of first rounds is........melo himself.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
newyorknewyork
10/2/2014  9:11 AM
dk7th wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

In those loads of scrubs

Melo = Not a Scrub

Billups = Not a Scrub

Birdman = Not a Scrub

Nene= Not a Scrub

Martin= Not a Scrub

your point is that melo is really just a glorified junior varsity player who falls short in the playoffs time and again.

it's a team game. melo has never in his entire career been anything close to (a) a complete player and (b) a player who makes others around him better.

but hey it's always his teammates and his coaches. year in year out, consistently.

is carmelo anthony ever responsible for any of his failures? just because he himself never takes responsibility does not give you or anyone else permission to look elsewhere. seems that the common thread to melo getting kicked out of first rounds is........melo himself.

I only posted facts about the 2 series that F5000NE presented. He said there was no excuse for them to lose those series. As if Denver was a far superior team due to there seeding.

As for Melo not being a complete player or a player who makes players better around him. I agree with all of that. Maybe he wins more in the playoffs if he was more of a complete player. I'm not going to dispute that.

There is clearly middle ground. As you said (before you decided to then put all the blame on Melo) its a team game. Denver didn't lose in the playoffs strictly because of Melo. Melo didn't lose in the playoffs strictly because of his supporting cast. They usually lost in the playoffs because they played better teams then themselves and they couldn't come together as a team to overcome that.

F500ONE

10/2/2014  9:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2014  9:46 AM
dk7th wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

In those loads of scrubs

Melo = Not a Scrub

Billups = Not a Scrub

Birdman = Not a Scrub

Nene= Not a Scrub

Martin= Not a Scrub

I'll address the Clippers series first

So you want to cherry pick the other roster's greatness

Why absolve Melo from all blame

You mention Elton Brand's MVP season

Melo should have best him it's a regular season award, he didn't place

http://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2006.html

Brand = 52%fg 24.7ppg 10rebs 1stls 2.5blks

Melo = 48%fg 26.5ppg 5rebs 1stls .5blks

Looking at the series Brand outplayed him

There's a clear distinction between the two

Brand is the 2-way highly efficient player

Melo is not a 2-way player and was highly inefficient

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brandel01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anthoca01.html

Brand = 47%fg 18ppg 3.5ast 10reb 1stl, 2blks

Melo = 33%fg 21ppg 3ast 6.5rebs 1stl

Melo could have been the MVP of the series but instead flopped again

This same year failed to come through in regular season greatness

Melo was a monumental failure overall here

F500ONE

10/2/2014  9:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2014  9:45 AM
Edited the last post to reflect

True playoff series numbers and

Not overall playoffs numbers

It was Brand's first playoffs appearance

Aand Denver his team erased them 4-1

With ease, Brand went on to beast against Phx

newyorknewyork
10/2/2014  10:08 AM
F500ONE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

In those loads of scrubs

Melo = Not a Scrub

Billups = Not a Scrub

Birdman = Not a Scrub

Nene= Not a Scrub

Martin= Not a Scrub

Clippers team was better then Denver's team so Clippers team won.

F500ONE

10/2/2014  10:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/2/2014  11:15 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
dk7th wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

In those loads of scrubs

Melo = Not a Scrub

Billups = Not a Scrub

Birdman = Not a Scrub

Nene= Not a Scrub

Martin= Not a Scrub

Clippers team was better then Denver's team so Clippers team won.

Okay and Denver won as a TEAM

To get into the playoffs

Stop picking and choosing how you want

To distribute the blame and when it's applicable

Oh and the great C.J. Miles

Is on the Pacers now

I guess he'll be outplaying Smith again

Possibly other Pacers doing the same player for player

Mehmet Okur missed chunks and Ak47 didn't even play

In the series against Denver too, in case you forgot

Melo on Melo: I make un-smart basketball decisions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy