9/30/2014  9:37 AM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
It was hard re-signing with New York and maybe from a basketball standpoint it wasn't the smartest thing to do but it wouldn't be right
Isn't this the quote?
"From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been maybe the greatest thing to do [to stay with the Knicks],"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11612795/carmelo-anthony-unfinished-business-new-york-knicksMaybe there is one too many maybes but nothing that bad.
This is the quote from the Daily News:
From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been the greatest thing to do.
Seems to be lots of variations on how he was quoted. Lets isolate the one with poor grammar and assume it was Melo's mistake. Nothing else he said was worth quoting?

I forced my way to New York

nothing wrong with his grammar there. are you man enough to admit you were dead ass wrong about melo and how he got here? a simple "yes" will suffice.

I think you are mistaken. I never have said that Melo didn't say he wanted to go to NY and that was where he would sign. I did say that Ujiri wasn't going to let the trade deadline pass without moving him somewhere especially after what happened to the raps and cavs. I also said that he wanted a new deal before the owners locked the players out under the old cba.

LOL

good stuff DK..

Thought I would

Check in

To see to see

What folks are chatting about

Seems to me

The same douchebags are spouting the same

trollish fodder

Time to grease up and get out your gallo and paul george posters

LMAO

ES
AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

9/30/2014  9:37 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I accept that I will never like Carmelo Anthony. I will root for the team of course but I look forward to the day he is off the team. Hopefully before the 5yrs are up
I like melo and i do defend him quite a bit i just dont think you can win a title with him as the main guy. This isnt a criticism because very few players can do that. I think Melo can be a big part of winning a title but he needs to play with someone who is a better overall player, im not talking about a better scorer just another guy who is very good at all phases of the game

Like who? and please be realistic when you come up with a name.

Prime Chauncy Billups would do and did.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/30/2014  10:06 AM
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I accept that I will never like Carmelo Anthony. I will root for the team of course but I look forward to the day he is off the team. Hopefully before the 5yrs are up
I like melo and i do defend him quite a bit i just dont think you can win a title with him as the main guy. This isnt a criticism because very few players can do that. I think Melo can be a big part of winning a title but he needs to play with someone who is a better overall player, im not talking about a better scorer just another guy who is very good at all phases of the game

That's unrealistic because billups is retired, for all that you can throw magics name out there. When you look around the league and see so few go to guys or leaders, you start to get the picture.

ES
mreinman

9/30/2014  10:11 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

That's unrealistic because billups is retired, for all that you can throw magics name out there. When you look around the league and see so few go to guys or leaders, you start to get the picture.

Kyle Lowry instead of Bargs would have been nice.

Dragic would be really really nice.

I think that we at least got a PG who does smart things with the ball instead of the fat idiot.

Don't want Aldridge or Gasol at anywhere close to the max.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/30/2014  10:15 AM
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I think that we at least got a PG who does smart things with the ball instead of the fat idiot.

We're starting from a much lower point than that Denver team. Without Billups, that still wouldn't have been a 37 win eastern conference team. We'd need Billups and four or six more good players.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/30/2014  10:17 AM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:It would be great to see the video of dk7th meeting Melo and calling him a douche to his face.

Please, up your meds.

yeah wouldn't it? meantime i need to get some practice in.

jrodmc you are a DOUCHE

or in your case:

jrodmc you NEED a douche

The ultimate internet tough guy. Hope you feel better about yourself.

Enjoy the season, azzhole.

jrodmc
USA
9/30/2014  10:18 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:#1 Melo forced his way out of Denver is more of the appropriate phasing. Knicks had a choice to go after Melo or not and the price they were willing to pay to get him. So its not possible to force yourself somewhere if they have a choice in the matter. Denver had no choice other then lose him for nothing.

#2 In today's Twitter age I am sure the words Melo forced himself to the Knicks has appeared on Melo's twitter page through comments thousands of times since the trade went down. Melo forcing himself to the Knicks has been common fan language over the years which makes the word play a little to coincidental.

unbelieveable... carmelo anthony himself,

in his own words,
out of his own cakehole,
off his own tongue,
from his own mind

claimed that he forced his way to new york!!!

and you have the unmitigated gall to explain it away.

no offense but anyone who tries to explain his own words away is sick-minded.

Truthfully I don't really care I was bored for 5 mins so decided to post a comment. I don't blame players for decisions that management makes as that's management's job not the players job. And I found it too coincidental that he phased it the same way that fans have for 4 yrs.

It is amusing to me how you now all of a sudden this instance you decide to hang on to Melo words as gospel after calling him disingenuous all this time.

And he's so patently, painfully and fuhucking stupid, he doesn't even realize that.

jrodmc
USA
9/30/2014  10:19 AM
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:
He forced his way here. What else is new?

"from a basketball stance".........Well he wants to be in NY and while it was an attention grab over the summer, he stayed.

He wants to be here for what ever reason. Does it matter? does money matter? Of course it does. What do we want? Him to stay for religious reasons? The Pastrami?

he stayed for money and he wanted to be here. Not terrible.

You are a DOUCHE

LOL

Gsus
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4459

9/30/2014  10:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  11:08 AM
TheloniusMonk wrote:When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.

Dude, don't even..it's a lost cause. I call Melo out when he does stupid ****, but I'm not gonna blindly hate him and not admit that he is the first person in over a decade that has brought some success to this lousy franchise, and has lived up to his second tier superstar billing.

When was the last time a guy on this team won a scoring title, led the team to 54 wins, got the record for most points in a game at MSG, went to the second round and was an All-Star 3 straight years? Hell, I'll make it even easier...when was the last time one of our players looked like he belonged at an All-Star game?

I was watching the old All-Star game marathon on NBATV. I saw the game that Houston/Spree made it, and last years game as well. Carmelo looked like he belonged. He could have been MVP of that game, he had 27 points, the record for most three's in an All-Star game, and hit the go ahead 3 to give the East the lead for good. When was the last time we had a player like that? I'll wait....compare that to Houston or Spree, who went to the Finals but didn't have anywhere near the talent that this man does. I was asking myself wtf are those two doing in the All-Star game. They were outclassed.

Players, win, and players fail. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself...with this player, what are my chances of succeeding? Are they better with him, or without? Will a good cast of players surrounding this guy elevate the team to contending status? For all the warts Melo has, the fact is, he is the first true star in the league we've ever had since Ewing retired...but there are whiny brats that call themselves Knicks fans who say things like "I can't wait till this guy is off my team", like he's a cancer or something. He was called Stephon Marbury with a headband his first year here in the Daily News. Unbelievable.

I know what the people that want him off the team want. Spurs basketball. But they make it seem like playing team basketball is the end all be all in order to get a championship. You still need a very good player who can carry a team. The Spurs didn't win 5 championships with a bunch of scrubs running a system. As a matter of fact, they won the first four by dumping it into their best player.

Unfortunately for Melo, he doesn't have the trust, IQ, whatever it is, to get to the next level. But the situation he is in now is the best he will be in to reach that, if he fails now, then he will be another Domonique type player, one of the greats, but not a legend. Until we can get somebody better, that's what we are rolling with..get used to it.

Gsus
Member: #4459

9/30/2014  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  11:11 AM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
It was hard re-signing with New York and maybe from a basketball standpoint it wasn't the smartest thing to do but it wouldn't be right
Isn't this the quote?
"From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been maybe the greatest thing to do [to stay with the Knicks],"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11612795/carmelo-anthony-unfinished-business-new-york-knicksMaybe there is one too many maybes but nothing that bad.
From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been the greatest thing to do.
Seems to be lots of variations on how he was quoted. Lets isolate the one with poor grammar and assume it was Melo's mistake. Nothing else he said was worth quoting?

nothing wrong with his grammar there. are you man enough to admit you were dead ass wrong about melo and how he got here? a simple "yes" will suffice.

LMAO..it's so obvious what you are doing. You don't give this guy the benefit of doubt for one second, but now are adamant about the context of this sentence.

He has also said in an interview, A TELEVISED ONE so you can actually see/hear him, rather than read a line in the paper, that he would have been a Net if the Knicks had not stepped up to the plate and upped their offer. So which is it?

We all know that he is not the most eloquent speaker. He kept saying distilled instead of instilled when talking about the knowledge he has acquired during the offseason from MJ, Kobe and Pippen. "I'm gonna distill what they told me into my own game". C'mon, son. You know what he meant when he said "forced"....that this is the team he wanted to come to and did everything possible on his part to make that happen. I would even say that he forced his way OUT of Denver, not forced his way in to the NY Knicks.

If he really had forced his way here 100 percent, he would have said Knicks or bust, and Dolan wouldn't have butt in, all paranoid. I will admit though, that Melo, not being the sharpest tool in the shed, was worried that the Nuggets GM would have let him play his contract and he would be stuck as a free agent during a lockout, but we all know that he would NOT have done that, letting Melo walk without getting anything in return. That's where Melo ****ed up.

Dagger
Member: #4184

9/30/2014  12:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  12:09 PM
Gsus wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Isn't this the quote?

LMAO..it's so obvious what you are doing. You don't give this guy the benefit of doubt for one second, but now are adamant about the context of this sentence.

He has also said in an interview, A TELEVISED ONE so you can actually see/hear him, rather than read a line in the paper, that he would have been a Net if the Knicks had not stepped up to the plate and upped their offer. So which is it?

We all know that he is not the most eloquent speaker. He kept saying distilled instead of instilled when talking about the knowledge he has acquired during the offseason from MJ, Kobe and Pippen. "I'm gonna distill what they told me into my own game". C'mon, son. You know what he meant when he said "forced"....that this is the team he wanted to come to and did everything possible on his part to make that happen. I would even say that he forced his way OUT of Denver, not forced his way in to the NY Knicks.

If he really had forced his way here 100 percent, he would have said Knicks or bust, and Dolan wouldn't have butt in, all paranoid. I will admit though, that Melo, not being the sharpest tool in the shed, was worried that the Nuggets GM would have let him play his contract and he would be stuck as a free agent during a lockout, but we all know that he would NOT have done that, letting Melo walk without getting anything in return. That's where Melo ****ed up.

Maybe Melo meant his game was that crappy kind of water with all the extra junk in it and now, after talking with them, his game is pure like a nice glass of clean distilled water?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/30/2014  12:38 PM
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:

"from a basketball stance".........Well he wants to be in NY and while it was an attention grab over the summer, he stayed.

He wants to be here for what ever reason. Does it matter? does money matter? Of course it does. What do we want? Him to stay for religious reasons? The Pastrami?

You are a DOUCHE

LOL

Urban Dictionary: douchebag
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=douchebag
Urban Dictionary
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and *******, however not yet reached ****er or mother****er.

foosballnick
Member: #3148

9/30/2014  1:03 PM
jrodmc wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
dk7th wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:#1 Melo forced his way out of Denver is more of the appropriate phasing. Knicks had a choice to go after Melo or not and the price they were willing to pay to get him. So its not possible to force yourself somewhere if they have a choice in the matter. Denver had no choice other then lose him for nothing.

#2 In today's Twitter age I am sure the words Melo forced himself to the Knicks has appeared on Melo's twitter page through comments thousands of times since the trade went down. Melo forcing himself to the Knicks has been common fan language over the years which makes the word play a little to coincidental.

unbelieveable... carmelo anthony himself,

in his own words,
out of his own cakehole,
off his own tongue,
from his own mind

claimed that he forced his way to new york!!!

and you have the unmitigated gall to explain it away.

no offense but anyone who tries to explain his own words away is sick-minded.

Truthfully I don't really care I was bored for 5 mins so decided to post a comment. I don't blame players for decisions that management makes as that's management's job not the players job. And I found it too coincidental that he phased it the same way that fans have for 4 yrs.

It is amusing to me how you now all of a sudden this instance you decide to hang on to Melo words as gospel after calling him disingenuous all this time.

And he's so patently, painfully and fuhucking stupid, he doesn't even realize that.

LOL......I think at this point I keep coming back now just to read this train wreck of a poster.

jrodmc
USA
9/30/2014  1:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You are a DOUCHE

LOL

Urban Dictionary
Someone who has surpassed the levels of jerk and *******, however not yet reached ****er or mother****er.

Medical/Chemistry Pharmacopeia:
douche [dooosh] a sack of mostly self-absorbed bitterness, normally overflowing with a mixture of vinegar and septic effluent.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/30/2014  1:14 PM
mreinman wrote:his only un-smart bball decisions are when he takes low percentage shots. fix that and he would move from #15(ish) to top 7(ish).

Shoot less - pass more.

WOW you called Melo Top #15ish

This must have flown under the radar

There is a caravan of Meloians who'll leave you

Buried in hills of sands if you

Don't start at Top #5 and

Nudge-Fudge his way to Top #3

F500ONE

9/30/2014  1:18 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You are a DOUCHE

LOL

Urban Dictionary

It's not a matter of whether Carmelo has

Been douchebaggerish or not, we all know he has

And he's not the only douchebag in the league

The key here, is to get the better-best douchebag

Unfortunately in our case we fell well short of this

mreinman

9/30/2014  1:25 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

We're starting from a much lower point than that Denver team. Without Billups, that still wouldn't have been a 37 win eastern conference team. We'd need Billups and four or six more good players.

We are starting from a lower point but Denver was not that good. Nene was pretty good but there were loads of scrubs on that team.

With Prime Billups on this team we probably win 45-48 games, definitely good enough to make the playoffs and possibly even getting to the ECF's.

mreinman

9/30/2014  1:27 PM
F500ONE wrote:
mreinman wrote:his only un-smart bball decisions are when he takes low percentage shots. fix that and he would move from #15(ish) to top 7(ish).

Shoot less - pass more.

WOW you called Melo Top #15ish

This must have flown under the radar

There is a caravan of Meloians who'll leave you

Buried in hills of sands if you

Don't start at Top #5 and

Nudge-Fudge his way to Top #3

I never bought into the extremism on either side.

Where do you rank him?

F500ONE

9/30/2014  1:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  1:51 PM
mreinman wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

We are starting from a lower point but Denver was not that good. Nene was pretty good but there were loads of scrubs on that team.

With Prime Billups on this team we probably win 45-48 games, definitely good enough to make the playoffs and possibly even getting to the ECF's.

Were Kenyon, J.R., Camby included

In those loads of scrubs

What you're saying those Denver teams

Weren't that good although they had Melo

It wasn't until the Billups arrival

You could take them seriously

jrodmc
USA
9/30/2014  1:54 PM
Gsus wrote:
TheloniusMonk wrote:When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.

Dude, don't even..it's a lost cause. I call Melo out when he does stupid ****, but I'm not gonna blindly hate him and not admit that he is the first person in over a decade that has brought some success to this lousy franchise, and has lived up to his second tier superstar billing.

When was the last time a guy on this team won a scoring title, led the team to 54 wins, got the record for most points in a game at MSG, went to the second round and was an All-Star 3 straight years? Hell, I'll make it even easier...when was the last time one of our players looked like he belonged at an All-Star game?

I was watching the old All-Star game marathon on NBATV. I saw the game that Houston/Spree made it, and last years game as well. Carmelo looked like he belonged. He could have been MVP of that game, he had 27 points, the record for most three's in an All-Star game, and hit the go ahead 3 to give the East the lead for good. When was the last time we had a player like that? I'll wait....compare that to Houston or Spree, who went to the Finals but didn't have anywhere near the talent that this man does. I was asking myself wtf are those two doing in the All-Star game. They were outclassed.

Players, win, and players fail. At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself...with this player, what are my chances of succeeding? Are they better with him, or without? Will a good cast of players surrounding this guy elevate the team to contending status? For all the warts Melo has, the fact is, he is the first true star in the league we've ever had since Ewing retired...but there are whiny brats that call themselves Knicks fans who say things like "I can't wait till this guy is off my team", like he's a cancer or something. He was called Stephon Marbury with a headband his first year here in the Daily News. Unbelievable.

I know what the people that want him off the team want. Spurs basketball. But they make it seem like playing team basketball is the end all be all in order to get a championship. You still need a very good player who can carry a team. The Spurs didn't win 5 championships with a bunch of scrubs running a system. As a matter of fact, they won the first four by dumping it into their best player.

Unfortunately for Melo, he doesn't have the trust, IQ, whatever it is, to get to the next level. But the situation he is in now is the best he will be in to reach that, if he fails now, then he will be another Domonique type player, one of the greats, but not a legend. Until we can get somebody better, that's what we are rolling with..get used to it.

+1 Post of the thread.

Melo on Melo: I make un-smart basketball decisions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy