[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo on Melo: I make un-smart basketball decisions
Author Thread
toad
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4338

9/29/2014  9:40 PM
he didn't want to come here because of Knicks basketball. He wanted to come here because he wanted to market his brand. That's why he's still here as he has already stated (as well as the fattest contract). I completely understand why some fans are cold on him.
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/29/2014  9:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2014  9:49 PM
TheloniusMonk wrote:When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.

he forced his way here = he did not wait for free agency.

yeah... great post

and yeah, it's still a problem

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/29/2014  9:52 PM
#1 Melo forced his way out of Denver is more of the appropriate phasing. Knicks had a choice to go after Melo or not and the price they were willing to pay to get him. So its not possible to force yourself somewhere if they have a choice in the matter. Denver had no choice other then lose him for nothing.

#2 In today's Twitter age I am sure the words Melo forced himself to the Knicks has appeared on Melo's twitter page through comments thousands of times since the trade went down. Melo forcing himself to the Knicks has been common fan language over the years which makes the word play a little to coincidental.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/29/2014  9:57 PM
dk7th wrote:
TheloniusMonk wrote:When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.

yeah... great post

Yep. He was supposed to wait and lose 25 million. Ujiri was supposed to not move him and get nothing for him. Melo also needed to ignore all of the threats of a lockout and free agency being drastically changed under te new cba.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/29/2014  11:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

yeah... great post

Yep. He was supposed to wait and lose 25 million. Ujiri was supposed to not move him and get nothing for him. Melo also needed to ignore all of the threats of a lockout and free agency being drastically changed under te new cba.

Well he mentioned at one point he thought

He was going to New Jersey

Which would satisfy your fancy of how it played out

Nevertheless he wanted his money and he only wanted it in New York

Or let's say New York area

Now he's graduated to his second fat contract

In this area and what's left is Digital Melo

With basement level success of winning

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
9/29/2014  11:13 PM
Leave Melo alone. Everyone gets a fresh start to prove themselves.
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/30/2014  2:28 AM
toad wrote:he didn't want to come here because of Knicks basketball. He wanted to come here because he wanted to market his brand. That's why he's still here as he has already stated (as well as the fattest contract). I completely understand why some fans are cold on him.

People have niave views of basketball players. Kobe forced his way to the Lakers because of the market- does that make him evil? Kevin love forced his way to the Cavs- does that make him evil? Kevin Durant said he might go to the Wizards when he becomes a free agent- does that make him evil? When you decide where to work do you do you think 'where could I work that would be he greatest benefit for others?' Or do you take into account money, location, etc?

People complain when athletes lie, then when they are honest people make out they're being stupid and evil. Why are people fake-outraging themselves over these innocuous comments?

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/30/2014  2:28 AM
toad wrote:he didn't want to come here because of Knicks basketball. He wanted to come here because he wanted to market his brand. That's why he's still here as he has already stated (as well as the fattest contract). I completely understand why some fans are cold on him.

People have niave views of basketball players. Kobe forced his way to the Lakers because of the market- does that make him evil? Kevin love forced his way to the Cavs- does that make him evil? Kevin Durant said he might go to the Wizards when he becomes a free agent- does that make him evil? When you decide where to work do you do you think 'where could I work that would be he greatest benefit for others?' Or do you take into account money, location, etc?

People complain when athletes lie, then when they are honest people make out they're being stupid and evil. Why are people fake-outraging themselves over these innocuous comments?

dk7th
USA
9/30/2014  7:15 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

yeah... great post

sounds like you're calling carmelo anthony a liar. for the record i am cool with that.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
9/30/2014  7:40 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:#1 Melo forced his way out of Denver is more of the appropriate phasing. Knicks had a choice to go after Melo or not and the price they were willing to pay to get him. So its not possible to force yourself somewhere if they have a choice in the matter. Denver had no choice other then lose him for nothing.

#2 In today's Twitter age I am sure the words Melo forced himself to the Knicks has appeared on Melo's twitter page through comments thousands of times since the trade went down. Melo forcing himself to the Knicks has been common fan language over the years which makes the word play a little to coincidental.

unbelieveable... carmelo anthony himself,

in his own words,
out of his own cakehole,
off his own tongue,
from his own mind

claimed that he forced his way to new york!!!

and you have the unmitigated gall to explain it away.

no offense but anyone who tries to explain his own words away is sick-minded.

dk7th
USA
9/30/2014  7:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:

you are sick in the head... he said what he said.

just like he said he wanted to test free agency. what was said cannot be unsaid.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/30/2014  7:55 AM
It would be great to see the video of dk7th meeting Melo and calling him a douche to his face.

Please, up your meds.

dk7th
USA
9/30/2014  7:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  8:00 AM
jrodmc wrote:It would be great to see the video of dk7th meeting Melo and calling him a douche to his face.

Please, up your meds.

yeah wouldn't it? meantime i need to get some practice in.

jrodmc you are a DOUCHE

or in your case:

jrodmc you NEED a douche

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/30/2014  8:40 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I accept that I will never like Carmelo Anthony. I will root for the team of course but I look forward to the day he is off the team. Hopefully before the 5yrs are up
I like melo and i do defend him quite a bit i just dont think you can win a title with him as the main guy. This isnt a criticism because very few players can do that. I think Melo can be a big part of winning a title but he needs to play with someone who is a better overall player, im not talking about a better scorer just another guy who is very good at all phases of the game
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/30/2014  9:08 AM

He forced his way here. What else is new?

"from a basketball stance".........Well he wants to be in NY and while it was an attention grab over the summer, he stayed.

He wants to be here for what ever reason. Does it matter? does money matter? Of course it does. What do we want? Him to stay for religious reasons? The Pastrami?

he stayed for money and he wanted to be here. Not terrible.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/30/2014  9:11 AM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
It was hard re-signing with New York and maybe from a basketball standpoint it wasn't the smartest thing to do but it wouldn't be right
Isn't this the quote?
"From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been maybe the greatest thing to do [to stay with the Knicks],"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11612795/carmelo-anthony-unfinished-business-new-york-knicksMaybe there is one too many maybes but nothing that bad.
This is the quote from the Daily News:
From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been the greatest thing to do.
Seems to be lots of variations on how he was quoted. Lets isolate the one with poor grammar and assume it was Melo's mistake. Nothing else he said was worth quoting?

I forced my way to New York

nothing wrong with his grammar there. are you man enough to admit you were dead ass wrong about melo and how he got here? a simple "yes" will suffice.

I think you are mistaken. I never have said that Melo didn't say he wanted to go to NY and that was where he would sign. I did say that Ujiri wasn't going to let the trade deadline pass without moving him somewhere especially after what happened to the raps and cavs. I also said that he wanted a new deal before the owners locked the players out under the old cba.

LOL

good stuff DK..

Thought I would

Check in

To see to see

What folks are chatting about

Seems to me

The same douchebags are spouting the same

trollish fodder

Time to grease up and get out your gallo and paul george posters

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/30/2014  9:12 AM
dk7th wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:#1 Melo forced his way out of Denver is more of the appropriate phasing. Knicks had a choice to go after Melo or not and the price they were willing to pay to get him. So its not possible to force yourself somewhere if they have a choice in the matter. Denver had no choice other then lose him for nothing.

unbelieveable... carmelo anthony himself,

in his own words,
out of his own cakehole,
off his own tongue,
from his own mind

claimed that he forced his way to new york!!!

and you have the unmitigated gall to explain it away.

no offense but anyone who tries to explain his own words away is sick-minded.

Truthfully I don't really care I was bored for 5 mins so decided to post a comment. I don't blame players for decisions that management makes as that's management's job not the players job. And I found it too coincidental that he phased it the same way that fans have for 4 yrs.

It is amusing to me how you now all of a sudden this instance you decide to hang on to Melo words as gospel after calling him disingenuous all this time.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
mreinman
Member: #3189

9/30/2014  9:16 AM
his only un-smart bball decisions are when he takes low percentage shots. fix that and he would move from #15(ish) to top 7(ish).

Shoot less - pass more.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman
Member: #3189

9/30/2014  9:17 AM
Nalod wrote:
He forced his way here. What else is new?

"from a basketball stance".........Well he wants to be in NY and while it was an attention grab over the summer, he stayed.

He wants to be here for what ever reason. Does it matter? does money matter? Of course it does. What do we want? Him to stay for religious reasons? The Pastrami?

he stayed for money and he wanted to be here. Not terrible.

You are a DOUCHE

so here is what phil is thinking ....
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/30/2014  9:36 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I accept that I will never like Carmelo Anthony. I will root for the team of course but I look forward to the day he is off the team. Hopefully before the 5yrs are up
I like melo and i do defend him quite a bit i just dont think you can win a title with him as the main guy. This isnt a criticism because very few players can do that. I think Melo can be a big part of winning a title but he needs to play with someone who is a better overall player, im not talking about a better scorer just another guy who is very good at all phases of the game

Like who? and please be realistic when you come up with a name.

ES
Melo on Melo: I make un-smart basketball decisions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy