[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo on Melo: I make un-smart basketball decisions
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
9/29/2014  3:55 PM
It was hard re-signing with New York and maybe from a basketball standpoint it wasn't the smartest thing to do but it wouldn't be right
AUTOADVERT
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
9/29/2014  4:49 PM
After all these years, still can't even write a proper headline? How about:

Melo on Melo: I make stupid basketball decisions

You're welcome.

https:// It's not so hard.
toad
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4338

9/29/2014  5:43 PM
Nothing new. The reason he's here is money and branding.
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/29/2014  5:45 PM
At least he finally admitted the truth: "I forced my way here."
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/29/2014  6:53 PM
dk7th wrote:At least he finally admitted the truth: "I forced my way here."

Well one thing we do know

He's not smart enough to have a publicist

This article was another ugly read

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11612795/carmelo-anthony-unfinished-business-new-york-knicks

Melo always delivers in the press though

Like this one too/////

"I'm willing to be patient," he said. "Now how long [am] I willing to be patient? I can't tell you that. But I'm willing to be patient, I'm willing to take risks, I'm willing to take that chance."

Where is your count on the Knicks build around Melo

I may have lost count but it sounds like a definite 2

Closer to 2 and a half

F500ONE

9/29/2014  6:55 PM
Also why is he questioning his patience?

You signed for 5yrs, no trade clause with an opt out after 4

You're waiting 4yrs minimum

Once again he grabbed his money

And is now taking subtle jabs at cornering Phil

Phil should feel sick to his stomach he agreed to that deal

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/29/2014  7:09 PM
djsunyc wrote:
It was hard re-signing with New York and maybe from a basketball standpoint it wasn't the smartest thing to do but it wouldn't be right
Isn't this the quote?
"From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been maybe the greatest thing to do [to stay with the Knicks],"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11612795/carmelo-anthony-unfinished-business-new-york-knicksMaybe there is one too many maybes but nothing that bad.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
9/29/2014  7:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Isn't this the quote?
"From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been maybe the greatest thing to do [to stay with the Knicks],"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/11612795/carmelo-anthony-unfinished-business-new-york-knicksMaybe there is one too many maybes but nothing that bad.
This is the quote from the Daily News:
From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been the greatest thing to do.
Seems to be lots of variations on how he was quoted. Lets isolate the one with poor grammar and assume it was Melo's mistake. Nothing else he said was worth quoting?
F500ONE

9/29/2014  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2014  7:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Isn't this the quote?

From a basketball standpoint, maybe it wouldn't have been the greatest thing to do.
Seems to be lots of variations on how he was quoted. Lets isolate the one with poor grammar and assume it was Melo's mistake. Nothing else he said was worth quoting?

Yes his patience quote was worth quoting

Being patient isn't up for debate

You signed a 5yr deal

Play out your contract whether we're winning or losing

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/29/2014  7:25 PM
I didnt catch media day, please tell me Melo did NOT say that there.
F500ONE

9/29/2014  7:27 PM
knickscity wrote:I didnt catch media day, please tell me Melo did NOT say that there.

These are very recent comments from Media Day

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/29/2014  7:27 PM
There's always too much made out of athletes statements. He's not here as a Statesman or Spokesman. We need him to be a great BB Player and win games. If he buys in and grows as a player and leader who cares if he expresses himself well or not. JUST WIN BABY!
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/29/2014  7:43 PM
F500ONE wrote:
knickscity wrote:I didnt catch media day, please tell me Melo did NOT say that there.

These are very recent comments from Media Day

smh....he needs a publicist badly. just watched a couple of clips from melo and the other players, melo sounded very well in those.

I'll hand some props to Amare, he really does catch on to new schemes pretty well, and certainly do hope he can maintain his health.

dk7th
USA
9/29/2014  8:00 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Isn't this the quote?

I forced my way to New York

nothing wrong with his grammar there. are you man enough to admit you were dead ass wrong about melo and how he got here? a simple "yes" will suffice.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
9/29/2014  8:23 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Isn't this the quote?

nothing wrong with his grammar there. are you man enough to admit you were dead ass wrong about melo and how he got here? a simple "yes" will suffice.

I think you are mistaken. I never have said that Melo didn't say he wanted to go to NY and that was where he would sign. I did say that Ujiri wasn't going to let the trade deadline pass without moving him somewhere especially after what happened to the raps and cavs. I also said that he wanted a new deal before the owners locked the players out under the old cba.
dk7th
USA
9/29/2014  8:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Isn't this the quote?

I think you are mistaken. I never have said that Melo didn't say he wanted to go to NY and that was where he would sign. I did say that Ujiri wasn't going to let the trade deadline pass without moving him somewhere especially after what happened to the raps and cavs. I also said that he wanted a new deal before the owners locked the players out under the old cba.

LOL

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/29/2014  8:34 PM
I accept that I will never like Carmelo Anthony. I will root for the team of course but I look forward to the day he is off the team. Hopefully before the 5yrs are up
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
9/29/2014  8:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2014  8:42 PM
When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
CrushAlot
USA
9/29/2014  8:58 PM
TheloniusMonk wrote:When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.
Agree. Great post.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

9/29/2014  9:23 PM
TheloniusMonk wrote:When no legit allstar (perhaps future hall of famer) wanted to come here in their prime it was a problem with some people. You get one of those who wanted to come here (or forced their way here as most use religiously), it's a problem. I guess he should have reluctantly come here? Perhaps he should have told Denver he was luke warm on coming here? Maybe he should be here yet sulk for not wanting to be here? Interestingly enough a very very good player wanted to be here. In his prime. Debate the reason if you'd like. But the Knicks have Carmelo Anthony, Phil Jackson, a new outlook and cap room coming soon. Ehhhhh I guess reeeeeeeeeally wanting to play here is a bad thing....I guess.

+1 agreed on all accounts
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Melo on Melo: I make un-smart basketball decisions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy