[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

training camp preview thread 2014
Author Thread
knickknack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5891

9/29/2014  12:47 PM
I agree that starting JR and Stat will get the most out of those 2 players. Bargs should be 6th man that the second unit offense revolves around. Calderon is pretty much a lock to start unless fisher prefers Lark's speed and D. As far as Acy goes, I definitely see him sneaking into the rotation if Fish is for real about training camp performances having a effect on the rotation because high energy guys like him thrive in situations like that.
trust the kristaps-cess!
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/29/2014  4:35 PM
knickknack wrote:I agree that starting JR and Stat will get the most out of those 2 players. Bargs should be 6th man that the second unit offense revolves around. Calderon is pretty much a lock to start unless fisher prefers Lark's speed and D. As far as Acy goes, I definitely see him sneaking into the rotation if Fish is for real about training camp performances having a effect on the rotation because high energy guys like him thrive in situations like that.

It's going to be REALLY interesting to see how things develop this training camp. Guys will be really playing for a spot in the rotation and with so many new players it's gonna be more competitive this year. Fewer clear expectations going into this camp cuz we don't know what some of these players are gonna be like this year. Who knows how Jason Smith will show this year? Will Early outplay Outlaw? Will Larkin get the nod ahead of Prigs in the rotation? The JR, THJ and Shump situation will be really interesting to see how it gets resolved.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/29/2014  7:52 PM
Here are some recent images of our players.

Wear looks great, possibly the best of all players

Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=new+york+Knicks&assetType=image&ep=2&clarification=new+york+Knicks%3a93870

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/30/2014  3:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/30/2014  3:31 PM
I loved the Calderon interview on Knicksnow.com- I like his demeanour, which I wasn't expecting. Also I'm glad Shump has dropped that moody sulking attitude from last year- that got old quickly last season!
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/1/2014  4:05 PM
Knicks have worked on a lot of fundamentals today, apparently, and Fisher is intent on finishing every practice with a defensive drill. Also I think this is the first time in decades where we haven't had any chubby, out of shape players- they all look cut!
nixluva
USA
10/1/2014  10:23 PM
THIS IS MORE LIKE IT!!!

Self Hating Knick Fans need to pay attention to what is really going on in NY. This team is under new management and this isn't the B squad anymore. ALL Knick fans should applaud the change to serious BB fundamentals and training. Real solid BB principles and discipline being taught. No more joke franchise where players are just sent out on the floor without proper training. This is the most meaningful TC's I can remember in terms of establishing a culture of team BB and sound BB principles. And yes people say this every TC but if you can't see the difference between this and previous camps then there's nothing I can do for you. The difference is in the details. The little things that other coaches have let slide in the past. Sloppy technique and laziness was permitted and it showed on the court.

nixluva
USA
10/1/2014  11:07 PM
To further underscore what Phi, Fish and staff bring to the table here are the 7 Principles they go by:

7 DEFENSIVE PRINCIPLES

Determination to outplay your opponent, to shut him down, get rebounds, hustle down the ball and to do your part towards team defense brings out the best in a player.

1. "WORK." Defense is a matter of hard work, period ..Transition defense relies on hard work. "Tear Ass Back" Don't be on the defensive when you play defense--anticipate the opponent, i.e., be ready to play defense before your man has the ball, anticipate the post up or penetration.

"Footwork and conditioning are to defense what passing and shooting are to offense. "

2. "PRESSURE THE BALL." Good defense finds a way to challenge ball control. It prevents the offense from doing what they want.

3. "STOP PENETRATION." The ball must be stopped. We will push sideline and baseline (outside).

4. "FRONT THE POST." Every time the ball is on the wing-sidelines, front the post.

5. "SEAL THE LANE." Weak side defenders are responsible for lane penetration. STOP the ball either on the dribble or on the pass.

"TEAM DEFENSE can only be as strong as its Weakest Individual. "

6. "CONTEST THE SHOT." We will challenge every shot we can get a hand-up.

7. "BOX OUT." A team cannot beat you if you give them 1 shot per possession. Get a body on somebody. Big men cup the board. Guards get to the elbows. Let's get that ball and go!

A strong defense is the place teamwork starts. Everyone has their weaknesses at that end of the court and therefore everyone must compensate to help their teammates. Defense stabilizes a team's effort, it keeps us in a game when the offense sputters and prevents disorganization. Simply put DEFENSE WINS!

training camp preview thread 2014

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy