9/21/2014  5:41 PM
https:// It's not so hard.
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/21/2014  6:40 PM
Interesting when the head is getting bigger on steroids is brain getting bigger?
If yes I am positive Melo is not using this stuff...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/21/2014  9:46 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I
nixluva wrote:I think it's a bull. They act like people can't build muscle without drugs. Some people are just naturally able to respond to exercise than others. My best friend growing up was always able to build muscle at a faster rate than the rest of us and his son is the same way now. It's a genetic trait. I've seen this all my life. This is not to say some guys aren't doing it but to me Lebron always looked like my friend. He was more developed than most even in High School.

LBJ definitely looked like a man among boys in high school but te head size thing is hard to refute. Also, Rose saying it is a problem in the nba is a revelation. I didn't think it was.

It's funny that some in the media want to make something of this now. It was much more important to be a big muscle head in the 90's and guys were bigger. Guys like Oakley and Mase were huge by today's standards. Nowadays you have guys like KD and Steph Curry. It's about quickness and skill. I don't think HGH testing will have a major impact except maybe more injuries from lack of ability to recover as quickly.

I don't think the guys who use this stuff on the Tour de France want to carry more weight on their bikes - they use it to increase their lung capacity and shorten their heal time.

I don't think MLB pitchers use it for bigger biceps - they use it to be more accurate and to shorten their healing time. I'm sorry, the rose colored glasses don't work here

I don't think you're entirely informed on PEDs...

I understand that there are different PEDS for different purposes but some here are saying Lebron was BIGGER as if he was on something that increased muscle mass! They weren't making the point that he never gets hurt or snaps back from injury. They are saying his head was bigger and he was heavier and more muscular due to drugs.

Personally I think it's a good thing if athletes take PEDS to help with recovery. We want players active and not injured. Who cares if they juice to recover? This isn't like juicing to hit 70 homers. The NBA game isn't really about strength as much as speed and skill. I just don't think there's a serious problem in the NBA of guys trying to get bigger. Some of the baddest cats are skinny and relatively weak. If KD is juicing he should get his money back cuz he has no upper body muscle. How many NBA stars can you point to that might suspect to be on something?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/21/2014  9:50 PM
50lbs is A LOT!
I don't see it.

But.........That don't mean he don't.

nixluva
USA
9/21/2014  9:56 PM
Nalod wrote:50lbs is A LOT!
I don't see it.

But.........That don't mean he don't.

It's BS!!! People just want to hate and try to find a reason Lebron is do good other than he's talented and works hard. There's also a set of fans who are cynical and want to believe the worst about pro athletes. A few media guys are fishing for the next big scandal. I just don't think it's a wide spread problem in the NBA.

BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
9/21/2014  10:54 PM
I'm more concerned about the hair thing. That's going to give him an unfair advantage against other teams.
https:// It's not so hard.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
9/22/2014  8:58 AM
http://www.si.com/edge/2014/08/11/inside-lebron-james-weight-loss-and-low-carb-diet

This article talks about the science behind it, quoting an OSU doctor.
As a layman with a wife who's into sweets, I can't help but "save her" from all the calories by sharing the desserts.

I would say that I've done the south beach diet phase one (look it up) - it's rough for a week or two then you kind of accept that new way of feeling.

There's a difference in the water your body carries (less). And I've lost weight. At the same time I think I found myself more prone to calf cramps when exercising. I need my bananas.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/22/2014  9:51 AM
knickscity wrote:

He hasnt lost 50 pounds.

When is that photo from?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/22/2014  11:23 AM
nixluva wrote:I think it's a bull. They act like people can't build muscle without drugs. Some people are just naturally able to respond to exercise than others. My best friend growing up was always able to build muscle at a faster rate than the rest of us and his son is the same way now. It's a genetic trait. I've seen this all my life. This is not to say some guys aren't doing it but to me Lebron always looked like my friend. He was more developed than most even in High School.

LBJ definitely looked like a man among boys in high school but te head size thing is hard to refute. Also, Rose saying it is a problem in the nba is a revelation. I didn't think it was.

His head size as always been an issue with me. They also talk about shoe size increasing... don't know if there is any info on James regarding this issue.

1990s and early 2000s seem to be the prime time for PEDs in American pro sports, and we know that guys are still getting caught in the MLB and NFL. James' rise as a player fits into this framework.

He has done many things to improve his game that have nothing to do with PEDs, but being in spectacular shape makes a big difference in being a great two-way player, and allows you to maximize your skills because fatigue is less of a problem.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
9/22/2014  12:56 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

His head size as always been an issue with me. They also talk about shoe size increasing... don't know if there is any info on James regarding this issue.

1990s and early 2000s seem to be the prime time for PEDs in American pro sports, and we know that guys are still getting caught in the MLB and NFL. James' rise as a player fits into this framework.

He has done many things to improve his game that have nothing to do with PEDs, but being in spectacular shape makes a big difference in being a great two-way player, and allows you to maximize your skills because fatigue is less of a problem.

That may all be true but i just don't see the NBA culture as one prone to PED use. BB Players have always been able to perform freak levels of athletic ability even before weight lifting became a big thing. It's the type of athletes that tend to be successful at BB and the Skill level needed that dictate this IMO. BB players tend to be more slightly built, long, agile and quick by nature. BB Players tend to be recognized as elite when they're very young and not likely to be taking any PED's. Pure Strength isn't as important as skill with the ball, shooting, speed, agility and jumping ability. You can see these physical talents early on with players like we saw with Lebron. If a player suddenly displayed an unnatural jump in jumping ability, size or speed which he had never had before that would be very noticeable in the NCAA or NBA. You could see statistically when MLB players started using, but we don't see any jump like that in NBA players stats which you could correlate with a shift to PED's.

Blog Article: Is HGH a Knick and NBA problem written by Dr. Eric Kaplan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy