[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tyson can't let it go
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/20/2014  2:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I would be pissed too if someone questioned my character. Like he said he could put up with people questioning his production but to drag him through the mud after you already traded him is unethical.

But that's Phil and we love him cod now he's ours

+1

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/20/2014  2:29 PM
knicks had no use for chandler since he he lacks the requisite skills to participate in the triangle-- and neither does dalembert for that matter.

the knicks went 6-14 with chandler out with a broken leg, many of the losses by double digits and three that were horrific blowouts... and that was the season right there.

no, the real reason to move chandler is crystal clear: it was to acquire calderon because jackson hated felton more than he didn't think much of chandler's skills in the triangle.

chandler had every right to take the knicks to task. he had the stones to call things as he sees them-- that is a sign of character and yet he seems to be getting derided for that. woodson and felton were abominations who have won nothing. meanwhile chandler is a champion and a defensive player of the year.

as chandler alluded to, this is all rumor and innuendo.

you know what isn't rumor and innuendo but damaging to a team?: announcing that you intend to explore free agency before the season begins.

to review: in spite of being a champion and leader chandler is not a triangle player, they had to get rid of felton and calderon was available, woodson and felton's ineptitude were colossal, and the blabbermouth franchise player undermined the team before the season began.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/20/2014  2:56 PM
Wish I could just forget about last season but two of those games lost when Tyson first went down were the Houston and indy games. Horrible calls that decided the games in both cases.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/20/2014  2:56 PM
Yea that was the real chemistry killer before the season even began
CrushAlot
USA
9/20/2014  3:01 PM
The Knicks want to change up the culture in the team’s locker room, and by trading Chandler, Jackson and co. have sent a message that any chemistry issues needs to be dealt with internally. Expressing himself through the media wasn’t the best method of action for the big man. Such a strategy was considered a big problem with Jackson’s Bulls and Lakers teams. He finds a way to reign such players in, but in this case, parting ways happened to be the chosen course of action.

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/tyson-chandler-fires-back-at-knicks-for-character-allegations/
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/20/2014  3:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
The Knicks want to change up the culture in the team’s locker room, and by trading Chandler, Jackson and co. have sent a message that any chemistry issues needs to be dealt with internally. Expressing himself through the media wasn’t the best method of action for the big man. Such a strategy was considered a big problem with Jackson’s Bulls and Lakers teams. He finds a way to reign such players in, but in this case, parting ways happened to be the chosen course of action.

http://theknicksblog.com/knicks/tyson-chandler-fires-back-at-knicks-for-character-allegations/

That snippet even suggests that Phil fix these problems in Chicago and LA by dealing with the player.

Like I said earlier Tyson is off the team for different reasons. It's not because of his character assination it's because his contract was up and the Knicks felt he wasn't worth the money. And of course getting Dallas to take Felton off our hands.

Phil would've worked with Tyson in keeping things in house if he wanted to keep him

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/20/2014  3:16 PM
Tyson is a Journeyman sometimes players like that will have bad stops where a player character is called into question for one reason or another.
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/20/2014  3:16 PM
dk7th wrote:knicks had no use for chandler since he he lacks the requisite skills to participate in the triangle-- and neither does dalembert for that matter.

the knicks went 6-14 with chandler out with a broken leg, many of the losses by double digits and three that were horrific blowouts... and that was the season right there.

no, the real reason to move chandler is crystal clear: it was to acquire calderon because jackson hated felton more than he didn't think much of chandler's skills in the triangle.

chandler had every right to take the knicks to task. he had the stones to call things as he sees them-- that is a sign of character and yet he seems to be getting derided for that. woodson and felton were abominations who have won nothing. meanwhile chandler is a champion and a defensive player of the year.

you know what isn't rumor and innuendo but damaging to a team?: announcing that you intend to explore free agency before the season begins.

to review: in spite of being a champion and leader chandler is not a triangle player, they had to get rid of felton and calderon was available, woodson and felton's ineptitude were colossal, and the blabbermouth franchise player undermined the team before the season began.

Hurray! Another Melo thread!

smackeddog
9/20/2014  3:18 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea that was the real chemistry killer before the season even began

Ha, if you think last years abomination of a season was due to a player saying they were going to test free agency, you obviously didn't watch it!

smackeddog
9/20/2014  3:33 PM
Amar'e and Bargs will be free agents next season, therefore our team chemistry for this season is ruined!!!
CrushAlot
USA
9/20/2014  3:53 PM
smackeddog wrote:Amar'e and Bargs will be free agents next season, therefore our team chemistry for this season is ruined!!!
Hoping Amare gets moved to Philly at the deadline. It is a move that would benefit both teams.
smackeddog
9/20/2014  4:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Amar'e and Bargs will be free agents next season, therefore our team chemistry for this season is ruined!!!
Hoping Amare gets moved to Philly at the deadline. It is a move that would benefit both teams.

I'd rather vanquish Bargs and keep Amar'e until the end of the season- at least he can score, where as Bargs can't actually do anything!

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/20/2014  4:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/20/2014  5:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Yea that was the real chemistry killer before the season even began

Ha, if you think last years abomination of a season was due to a player saying they were going to test free agency, you obviously didn't watch it!

things went south when chandler broke his leg. they went 6-14. plus he was the only leader they had left.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Dagger
Member: #4184

9/20/2014  5:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/20/2014  5:13 PM
dk7th wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

things went south when chandler broke his leg. they went 6-14. plus he was the only leader they had left.

They looked terrible when he was on the court as well. Maybe Tyson broke his leg because he has the legs of a 12-year old ballet dancer; in case you didn't know toothpicks break pretty easily. All his sick days didn't help either, it must be nice to call in sick once a week, definitely something a team-oriented, determined individual would do. But "the legend of Tyson Chandler" is such a great captain and leader how dare we question his conditioning. I mean this guy is a leader of men, the way he throws his teammates and coach under the bus at every turn. A real winner.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

9/20/2014  5:29 PM
dk7th wrote:knicks had no use for chandler since he he lacks the requisite skills to participate in the triangle-- and neither does dalembert for that matter.

And he couldn't have those stones when evaluating his performance? It took him a while to admit that Hibbert emasculated him but it took him 5 seconds to start throwing others under the bus. I think that's what he gets the flack for.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/20/2014  7:18 PM
TeamBall wrote:

And he couldn't have those stones when evaluating his performance? It took him a while to admit that Hibbert emasculated him but it took him 5 seconds to start throwing others under the bus. I think that's what he gets the flack for.

Taking a while is better than not at all in my book. Quite a few players currently on the roster need to come to terms.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/20/2014  7:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I never fully understood the rationale of why that deal would benefit us. Philly won't give up anything of value in return and its not like there is any benefit from outright dumping Amare's contract. If it yielded a trade exception, we'd have to forfeit it during the offseason to use our cap space, so it's not like it would come in handy. I'm not sure what angle we'd be working here.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/20/2014  7:57 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I never fully understood the rationale of why that deal would benefit us. Philly won't give up anything of value in return and its not like there is any benefit from outright dumping Amare's contract. If it yielded a trade exception, we'd have to forfeit it during the offseason to use our cap space, so it's not like it would come in handy. I'm not sure what angle we'd be working here.

Avoiding the repeater tax would be an immediate benefit.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

9/20/2014  8:39 PM
knickscity wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Taking a while is better than not at all in my book. Quite a few players currently on the roster need to come to terms.

It is in my book as well. I'm glad he did it. But the bulk of the criticisms he got here occurred during that time when he didn't address it at all.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tj23
Member: #3119

9/20/2014  9:00 PM
Holding players accountable?? How about yourself? Lazy bum...
Tyson can't let it go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy