9/19/2014  10:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:Had Phil not traded Tyson

We wouldn't be discussing what he did

Under Woodson's watch

We'd be talking about another transformation

Tyson hungry to play for another contract

But since he's gone, time to pick up stones

I disagree. At best I think most fans would be waiting for his deal to expire. Tyson and his act angered me more then most of the messed up things that happened last year and the previous spring. The guy was supposed to be a pro, a champion and a leader. After being so disappointing he comes out with this:
“I definitely don’t want to waste another season,’’ Chandler said before the Knicks faced the Nets Tuesday at Barclays Center. “I don’t want to waste this season. I’m not into wasting seasons. Your time is too short in this league and I want to win a championship, another one. I’m not into wasting seasons.’’

Not going to miss him. He needed to go.

Tyson often didn't act very professional. That shocked me more than anything. I think he didn't take his share of blame like a man. He wanted to viewed with all this respect but then would do stupid things on the court that diminished his standing. We needed him to be a rock for this team and IMO he didn't provide that enough. Also to answer F500ONE, Phil DID trade Chandler and Felton which tells me a lot about how he felt about them. Phil spent a good while watching the team and he decided to move those 2 guys and say what he did about team chemistry. It could all be spin, but given the fact that we know about things Tyson said and did it seems to support the notion. Also the fact that Phil is so big on team chemistry and bonding makes me even more sure that he saw something that needed changing.
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/19/2014  11:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2014  11:02 PM
Crush ^Tyson was right with those comments

One of the few guys who actually were sick to their stomach about the season they had

gunsnewing
USA
9/19/2014  11:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2014  11:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Under Woodson's watch

I disagree. At best I think most fans would be waiting for his deal to expire. Tyson and his act angered me more then most of the messed up things that happened last year and the previous spring. The guy was supposed to be a pro, a champion and a leader. After being so disappointing he comes out with this:
“I definitely don’t want to waste another season,’’ Chandler said before the Knicks faced the Nets Tuesday at Barclays Center. “I don’t want to waste this season. I’m not into wasting seasons. Your time is too short in this league and I want to win a championship, another one. I’m not into wasting seasons.’’

Tyson often didn't act very professional. That shocked me more than anything. I think he didn't take his share of blame like a man. He wanted to viewed with all this respect but then would do stupid things on the court that diminished his standing. We needed him to be a rock for this team and IMO he didn't provide that enough. Also to answer F500ONE, Phil DID trade Chandler and Felton which tells me a lot about how he felt about them. Phil spent a good while watching the team and he decided to move those 2 guys and say what he did about team chemistry. It could all be spin, but given the fact that we know about things Tyson said and did it seems to support the notion. Also the fact that Phil is so big on team chemistry and bonding makes me even more sure that he saw something that needed changing.

How do you know he wanted to move Tyson? Tyson is better than Dalembert.

He was moved because his contract was about to expire and wasn't part of the future plan

And he was moved because Dallas took Felton off our hands

Felton is the guy EVERYONE in the organization wanted gone but seemed impossible

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
9/19/2014  11:08 PM
chandler was not a leader, atleast not a good one. there were multiple times last year that he threw teammates as well as woodson under the bus. no matter what you think of your coach, you don't throw him under the bus in the media. chandler was good here for one year while the team still had kidd, sheed and other veterans around him. he was starting to have a negative effect on the locker room.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
gunsnewing
USA
9/19/2014  11:45 PM
I think he knew along with Kidd and Rasheed what it takes to win a championship. Once Kidd and Sheed retired there was no one to help lead offensively or defensively. Woodson was left holding the bag. Everything Woodson did went against what Tyson believed was needed to win a championship. Primarily team ball offensively and a non-gimmicky defense
gunsnewing
USA
9/19/2014  11:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2014  11:50 PM
I really don't remember Tyson throwing teammates under the bus. I definitely remember him throwing Woodson under the bus on multiple occasions

And Shumpert throwing Woodson under the bus as well
Again deservedly so. He is an awful head coach

Melo & Tyson were supposedly good friends, Olympic teammates.

So if not Melo who had a problem with Tyson?

Amare?

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/19/2014  11:56 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I think he knew along with Kidd and Rasheed what it takes to win a championship. Once Kidd and Sheed retired there was no one to help lead offensively or defensively. Woodson was left holding the bag. Everything Woodson did went against what Tyson believed was needed to win a championship. Primarily team ball offensively and a non-gimmicky defense
I don't know. Sheed was a vet mini deal I believe and Kidd was signed to the mmle. Tyson had almost a max deal to lead and be the guy with the championship pedigree. He didn't pull his weight and showed his true colors. Tyson is a 13 year vet. If he is who the 'legend of Tyson' is supposed to be then he leads and pulls his weight despite the loss of 40 year old guys getting their last pay check in the league as players.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/20/2014  12:43 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I think he knew along with Kidd and Rasheed what it takes to win a championship. Once Kidd and Sheed retired there was no one to help lead offensively or defensively. Woodson was left holding the bag. Everything Woodson did went against what Tyson believed was needed to win a championship. Primarily team ball offensively and a non-gimmicky defense
I don't know. Sheed was a vet mini deal I believe and Kidd was signed to the mmle. Tyson had almost a max deal to lead and be the guy with the championship pedigree. He didn't pull his weight and showed his true colors. Tyson is a 13 year vet. If he is who the 'legend of Tyson' is supposed to be then he leads and pulls his weight despite the loss of 40 year old guys getting their last pay check in the league as players.

Tyson most definitely was a key cog and the Knicks capped out expecting him to be Captain America. He had the rep and started off being that guy. I don't know why but he stopped being that guy and I'm glad he was moved. I think even Phil felt Tyson's act had worn thin. Enough was enough. He can act all hurt now and pretend he was the good soldier but we saw him up close and he turned into a fraud at the end. We need TEAM guys who are on board with the program. I think Phil feels we have that now.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/20/2014  1:50 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Under Woodson's watch

How do you know he wanted to move Tyson? Tyson is better than Dalembert.

He was moved because his contract was about to expire and wasn't part of the future plan

And he was moved because Dallas took Felton off our hands

Felton is the guy EVERYONE in the organization wanted gone but seemed impossible

I agree with this, but when you read some of the Dallas fans comments, they are completely trashing the knicks as a franchise for how they made TYSON look.

We flew so low under the radar last season, most of his comments didn't get much attention. I agreed with a lot of what he had to say last season, but I don't agree with him voicing that sht to the media, He comes off like a cry baby, not a leader.

When he said to the media "I"M NOT USE TO THIS SWITCHING ALL THE TIME, I DON'T REALLY LIKE IT" translation, I'm not buying in.

ES
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/20/2014  5:00 AM
To be honest, the stuff that Tyson complained about was the same stuff fans did as well...especially the needless switching defense, and a joke of an offense.

Fans also swore up and down that Felton would replace Lin just like Tyson did.

Folks hold Tyson to what happened against the Pacers with Hibbert, when Hibbert went on and did the same thing to Miami although they lost.

The guy clearly stated he isnt interested in a rebuild and wants to win another title. I'll never fault a player for saying that.

The Knicks will certainly miss tysons defense and liikely his rebounding as well. Hoping for a replacement in Dalembert is no different than believing in unicorns. But one thing of note, Phil was talking more about felton when talking about character.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/20/2014  7:18 AM
He'll probably play well in Dallas again and most fans around the country will attribute his disappointing moments in NY to the Knicks' toxic environment.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/20/2014  9:00 AM
I'll miss Tyson trying to dunk backwards for no reason in a close game.

Bring on the year of Cole!

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/20/2014  9:12 AM
You mean bring on #421!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/20/2014  10:37 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:You mean bring on #421!

It's not where you start but where you finish.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/20/2014  12:15 PM
I used to really like Tyson, but I had soured on him by the time he was traded. Gave him a pass when he stunk it up in the playoffs the first year (can't help getting ill), then gritted my teeth the second year (annoying he got flu AGAIN but you can't control getting ill), but then hearing him call out everyone but himself after putting in an absolute stinker of a performance really was the turning point. I was willing to give him another shot with the new season, but the guy flat out QUIT last season and went back to calling out everyone but himself. You saw him not even bother anymore. I don't hate him or anything, but I agree with Phil's reasoning.
smackeddog
9/20/2014  12:19 PM
Interesting Laker fan take on this from the CBS Sports comments:

As a Lakers fan I'll tell you exactly what Phil meant by these comments. Phil meant Chandler lacks loyalty. I remember hearing that Chandler was the guy snitching to the GM/Dolan about Mike Woodson and everything that was going on in the Knicks locker room.

If this correct Phil is right to question Chandler's character.

Tyson was certainly very close to Mills. It's tough- Woody was terrible, but I'm not a fan of players trying to get their coaches fired because it just makes the situation worse (if the coach isn't actually fired)- by the time the players gave up trying to get Woody fired and actually played with effort we started winning, but it was far too late.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/20/2014  12:35 PM
smackeddog wrote:Interesting Laker fan take on this from the CBS Sports comments:

As a Lakers fan I'll tell you exactly what Phil meant by these comments. Phil meant Chandler lacks loyalty. I remember hearing that Chandler was the guy snitching to the GM/Dolan about Mike Woodson and everything that was going on in the Knicks locker room.

If this correct Phil is right to question Chandler's character.

Tyson was certainly very close to Mills. It's tough- Woody was terrible, but I'm not a fan of players trying to get their coaches fired because it just makes the situation worse (if the coach isn't actually fired)- by the time the players gave up trying to get Woody fired and actually played with effort we started winning, but it was far too late.

The stuff with Mills and Tyson was messed up. From Begley at the time of the trade:
The Knicks had a chance to move Chandler at the 2014 trade deadline, but opted against it. Consistent word from those with knowledge of the team’s thinking at the time was that Chandler was off limits, due in part to his relationship with then-team president Steve Mills.

Will Chandler’s status as an “untouchable” change now that Phil Jackson is running the show? That’s unclear at this point. Dealing Chandler this summer could clear some money from the Knicks’ salary cap if the team accepting Chandler has the requisite cap space. Chandler is scheduled to make $14.6 million in 2014-15 — the final year of his contract.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
9/20/2014  1:38 PM
That damn Carmelo! He's such a selfish prick!
https:// It's not so hard.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
9/20/2014  1:46 PM
I remember Tyson not being able to control himself with the officials many games during his tenure here.
For every single great game he had, it would be followed by 8 mediocre games.

I remember him throwing Woodson under the bus, which I was happy about.
But I also remember him talking about Anthony's effort on defense last year during a post game interview.
That post game interview is what made me so surprised to hear him talk of recruiting Anthony earlier in the summer.
Just for the record I had just finished watching the game that we lost and Anthony's effort on defense was nowhere near the top of our problems in that game.

I'm glad he is gone. It disappoints me to remember the Knicks giving him that contract when they could have held out for a shot at Chris Paul.

smackeddog
9/20/2014  1:59 PM
nyvector16 wrote:I remember Tyson not being able to control himself with the officials many games during his tenure here.
For every single great game he had, it would be followed by 8 mediocre games.

I remember him throwing Woodson under the bus, which I was happy about.
But I also remember him talking about Anthony's effort on defense last year during a post game interview.
That post game interview is what made me so surprised to hear him talk of recruiting Anthony earlier in the summer.
Just for the record I had just finished watching the game that we lost and Anthony's effort on defense was nowhere near the top of our problems in that game.

I'm glad he is gone. It disappoints me to remember the Knicks giving him that contract when they could have held out for a shot at Chris Paul.

I remember his inability to catch or handle the ball last season- seemed to fumble even the most basic of passes.

Tyson can't let it go

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy