[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo looks really slim
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/17/2014  6:32 PM
nixluva wrote:I'm just glad many of our players have taken heed to Phil's directive to come to camp in great shape. It just makes things better since coaches can focus on the game rather than trying to get guys in shape. Melo is setting a great example so far. Sounds like many other teammates are all buying in.

Absolutely LOVE that Melo and others are really working on learning the Triangle. Every bit helps. Just from his comments it's clear he understands the basic concepts of how it works and should help his game and mostly his teammates game.

Agree. Nice to see Tyson reapplying himself. 5 and 7 in the playoffs and then phoning it in the following year is hard to miss.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/17/2014  7:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/17/2014  7:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'm just glad many of our players have taken heed to Phil's directive to come to camp in great shape. It just makes things better since coaches can focus on the game rather than trying to get guys in shape. Melo is setting a great example so far. Sounds like many other teammates are all buying in.

Absolutely LOVE that Melo and others are really working on learning the Triangle. Every bit helps. Just from his comments it's clear he understands the basic concepts of how it works and should help his game and mostly his teammates game.

Agree. Nice to see Tyson reapplying himself. 5 and 7 in the playoffs and then phoning it in the following year is hard to miss.

You play more then 10yrs, you'll probably have at least 1

I didn't care for Tyson's fake tough guy act on the court

Did he play hard, sure he did///// as did Felton

In many cases they are simply limited players

Tyson taking charge

Felton put back on the Portland weight

Better hurry and lose it

Smith is checking for Felton's pistols

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/17/2014  11:32 PM
Tyson seems to be re-energized. Good for him. Mavs should be a very good team again this year. I wonder how they'll do defensively. Last year they were just barely better than the Knicks! Felton and Tyson should fit in well there.

As for the Knicks Early bonding, it's good to see. They have really focused on the team ball concept it seems. It's important for this team to train their bodies but even more important to train their minds to trust each other and the offense. Learning to share the ball and move is what will really be the difference maker for this team.

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/18/2014  2:58 PM
nixluva wrote:Tyson seems to be re-energized. Good for him. Mavs should be a very good team again this year. I wonder how they'll do defensively. Last year they were just barely better than the Knicks! Felton and Tyson should fit in well there.

As for the Knicks Early bonding, it's good to see. They have really focused on the team ball concept it seems. It's important for this team to train their bodies but even more important to train their minds to trust each other and the offense. Learning to share the ball and move is what will really be the difference maker for this team.

Yeah, we definitely brought out the worst in Tyson- Knicks seem to have that effect on players! Hopefully with Phil here, that will be a thing of the past

knickknack
Member: #5891

9/18/2014  3:57 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You play more then 10yrs, you'll probably have at least 1

I didn't care for Tyson's fake tough guy act on the court

Did he play hard, sure he did///// as did Felton

In many cases they are simply limited players

Tyson taking charge

Felton put back on the Portland weight

Better hurry and lose it

Smith is checking for Felton's pistols

I do feel that both Felton and Chandler lacked a strong enough interest in playing for the knicks this past season but I agree that at the end of the day their failings last year were largely due to their extreme lack of refined talent. Felton Lacks the vision and pass first mentality to be an above average PG and Chandler has zero presence in the low post and a extremely low shooting percentage outside of like 1 foot. The key word though is "refined" because both these players once had extremely high potential, If felton would have committed to fitness and PG fundamentals and Chandler to developing any sort of offensive game outside of ally oops from CP3 then we would probably be having a very different conversation.

trust the kristaps-cess!
nixluva
USA
9/18/2014  5:34 PM
I think Felton was doomed from the start. Coming out of college Felton was still young and fresh but his genetics took over. He has the body of a football player and he basically hit his max mileage IMO. NFL RB'S were down fast and Felton seems to have done the same. He just can't keep up the level of effort needed to make up for his weaknesses. He isn't built to play fast for an entire game 82 times a year. His speed was pretty much all he had. He lacks court vision and elite passing. He isn't a great shooter and as he loses his athletic ability he'll continue to fade IMO. Remember how Mike Bibby looked at the end?
knickknack

9/19/2014  9:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2014  9:22 AM
nixluva wrote:I think Felton was doomed from the start. Coming out of college Felton was still young and fresh but his genetics took over. He has the body of a football player and he basically hit his max mileage IMO. NFL RB'S were down fast and Felton seems to have done the same. He just can't keep up the level of effort needed to make up for his weaknesses. He isn't built to play fast for an entire game 82 times a year. His speed was pretty much all he had. He lacks court vision and elite passing. He isn't a great shooter and as he loses his athletic ability he'll continue to fade IMO. Remember how Mike Bibby looked at the end?

yeah that's kind of my point though, compare him to Billups who started out very athletic but had the most success in his career by becoming a very consistent shooter and a very intellectual player. CP3 is the same body type as felton the difference between the two is he actually keeps his weight down and he masks his weakness with smart play, being a good PG is all about deception, making you think I'm gonna pass it to the left when I'm really going right, one big deception is that CP3 is fast like a John Wall but he's not he's strong and he's quick but because he knows how to use that and because he has one of the strongest handles in the game he appears to be too fast for anyone to guard. If Felton had dedication he could've atleast been a poor man's version of either of these players. right now he's a meth-head's version

trust the kristaps-cess!
nixluva
USA
9/19/2014  11:56 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Melo and Early behind him this year. I think he's a real steal of the draft. Love Early's positive attitude and love for the game. Young kids like Early, Larkin and THJ will make this year fun to watch. Seeing players with real talent play in a legit system is gonna be fun. These kids will be developed in a Team Oriented system which is a great starting point. I really have been encouraged to read that all of them have been practicing together with Melo in the Triangle, trying to get comfortable with the offense as a group. Even Jason Smith has commented on how much they've been working together on learning the Triangle. Melo seems to be taking a very prominent lead of his young teammates.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/19/2014  1:26 PM
nixluva wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Melo and Early behind him this year. I think he's a real steal of the draft. Love Early's positive attitude and love for the game. Young kids like Early, Larkin and THJ will make this year fun to watch. Seeing players with real talent play in a legit system is gonna be fun. These kids will be developed in a Team Oriented system which is a great starting point. I really have been encouraged to read that all of them have been practicing together with Melo in the Triangle, trying to get comfortable with the offense as a group. Even Jason Smith has commented on how much they've been working together on learning the Triangle. Melo seems to be taking a very prominent lead of his young teammates.

I don't see Early getting much PT unless injuries to a VET, where exactly would he fit in a 9 man rotation,

ES
nixluva
USA
9/19/2014  1:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing Melo and Early behind him this year. I think he's a real steal of the draft. Love Early's positive attitude and love for the game. Young kids like Early, Larkin and THJ will make this year fun to watch. Seeing players with real talent play in a legit system is gonna be fun. These kids will be developed in a Team Oriented system which is a great starting point. I really have been encouraged to read that all of them have been practicing together with Melo in the Triangle, trying to get comfortable with the offense as a group. Even Jason Smith has commented on how much they've been working together on learning the Triangle. Melo seems to be taking a very prominent lead of his young teammates.

I don't see Early getting much PT unless injuries to a VET, where exactly would he fit in a 9 man rotation,

I think Phil has made it clear that he wants to see Early be Melo's backup. He won't have to get a ton of minutes. I think Early has the edge on Outlaw in that Phil wants to see him succeed. IMO if Early is given a shot he'll produce. I think he has WAY too much talent to waste on the bench. It may not happen but the signals the Knicks have given suggest they see him in the plans.

Early is a little older than the typical rookie. His game is made for the Triangle and he has great athletic ability. Why would anyone hide a talent like that on the bench? I think Early will show more in camp than Outlaw. Especially on the break where his speed and explosion will be on display.

knicks1248
9/19/2014  2:28 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I think Phil has made it clear that he wants to see Early be Melo's backup. He won't have to get a ton of minutes. I think Early has the edge on Outlaw in that Phil wants to see him succeed. IMO if Early is given a shot he'll produce. I think he has WAY too much talent to waste on the bench. It may not happen but the signals the Knicks have given suggest they see him in the plans.

Early is a little older than the typical rookie. His game is made for the Triangle and he has great athletic ability. Why would anyone hide a talent like that on the bench? I think Early will show more in camp than Outlaw. Especially on the break where his speed and explosion will be on display.

IDK man, I think anything more than a 9 man rotation, your asking for trouble...Playing guys for 10 to 15 minutes a night is not doing anything for anyone, it's hard to get into a rhythm and it doesn't do justice for your chemistry. we seen first hand how that effected Amare, with the minute restrictions.
ES
knickknack

9/19/2014  2:30 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I agree that early is ideal for the triangle. I think the knicks are smart to try and strike gold again like they did with THJ by looking for that older player who was a major factor on a championship contender in college, they end up being smarter players that have a better grasp of both winning and system basketball as opposed to the one and done players that have elementary understanding of basketball methodology and strategy.

trust the kristaps-cess!
knicks1248
9/19/2014  3:48 PM
knickknack wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I agree that early is ideal for the triangle. I think the knicks are smart to try and strike gold again like they did with THJ by looking for that older player who was a major factor on a championship contender in college, they end up being smarter players that have a better grasp of both winning and system basketball as opposed to the one and done players that have elementary understanding of basketball methodology and strategy.

Would you really play early in front of shump?

ES
knickknack

9/19/2014  3:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/19/2014  4:02 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
knickknack wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Would you really play early in front of shump?

My Rotation would go like this:

PG 1.Calderon 2.Pablo/Larkin
SG 1.Shump 2.JR/THJ
SF 1.Melo 2.Early/JR
PF 1.Amare 2.Barg
C 1.Smith 2.Dalembart

I like the offensive-defensive balance of both units this way.

trust the kristaps-cess!
Melo looks really slim

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy