[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Figured This Was Shump's Problem
Author Thread
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

8/27/2014  9:18 AM
EnySpree wrote:Well Shump was posting pics of his vacations, of his music and of his brand where he actually has a logo where he's selling merchandise....fans are telling him he needs to be working on his game....so he started posting his workouts where he's just posting himself working on his jumpshot. He posted a mix tape of him playing well in a Chicago pro am league....Then he posted video of himself going to dykman to play....

He wants to build his brand and put off a certain image to fans....then gets mad when some fans criticize. If everyone was adoring him he wouldn't have a problem. He has too much to prove on the NBA court that all this bull**** brand building is just not going to fly. This is why i want him off my team.

I will be a happy camper when Phil dumps him

His 90 crap is simply that, crap

Learn how to be better than you were 3yrs ago

Westbrook tore his knee up too

Got right back to being Westbrook

And he had 2 knee surgeries

Shump has been a bum, he knows it

He knows Phil is lurking and his days truly could be numbered

Helps that the scoreboard is 0-0 too

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/27/2014  9:59 AM
It starting to seem like last yrs nightmare had a lot more to do with injuries then woodsons rotation and system
It almost looks like melo was the only true healthy body we had all year long..

JR- knee was no where near 100%
shump- Knee woes kept him from being 100%
Amare- slow process coming back
tyson- broken leg, family issues
barg- Broken elbow
felton-injuries, and domestic issues
Prig- fractured toe
kmart- ankle issue
artest-knee issues

Not sure if i missed anybody, but it's no wonder we loss so many games

ES
F500ONE

8/27/2014  10:38 AM
I'll provide an update hopefully today

When I read more about Shump and his leg recovery

Stating he wants to get after it defensively

Like when he first arrived in the league

Thus far seems his focus is strictly on the offense///// slashing and dunking

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/27/2014  11:09 AM
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Well Shump was posting pics of his vacations, of his music and of his brand where he actually has a logo where he's selling merchandise....fans are telling him he needs to be working on his game....so he started posting his workouts where he's just posting himself working on his jumpshot. He posted a mix tape of him playing well in a Chicago pro am league....Then he posted video of himself going to dykman to play....

He wants to build his brand and put off a certain image to fans....then gets mad when some fans criticize. If everyone was adoring him he wouldn't have a problem. He has too much to prove on the NBA court that all this bull**** brand building is just not going to fly. This is why i want him off my team.

What is with you writing posts with the layout of a poem?!

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/27/2014  11:10 AM
Shump looks like another player who's lost some weight this offseason.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

8/27/2014  12:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:Shump looks like another player who's lost some weight this offseason.

I hope so. He doesn't have the agility or quickness to get by anyone and he doesn't use his strength to get to the basket either. He has become a tweener who is unwilling to play SF. He needs to slim down any get his agility back if he is going to find his game at the 2.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/27/2014  12:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:It starting to seem like last yrs nightmare had a lot more to do with injuries then woodsons rotation and system

barg- Broken elbow
Prig- fractured toe
kmart- ankle issue
artest-knee issues

This was part of the problem, but there were issues with Woody's game plan, rotations, in game game management and the teams preparedness. So many issues that it's hard to just pin point one thing. Woody was a huge part of it as much as any player underperforming or injury.

Now we have a somewhat clean slate. New coach and staff, new system and seven new players. Gotta hope this re-energizes the team. I think it will. Having a big time winner like Phil around will give everyone confidence that if they stick with it, they will eventually be successful. Think about how you would feel if you knew Phil and his staff were coming in to show you how to win?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/27/2014  12:17 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
VDesai wrote:Begley's best tweet was about how Shump was excited to use his athletcism rather than just stand around in the corner (not so subtle shot at Woodson)

Wish he said he would hit the open shot.

Maybe he can't get in a rhythm and get a feel for the game just stand in the corner watching jr and Melo pound the ball?

I was wondering how long it would take for this to actually be Melo's fault. [Jr being the MiniMelo]

jrodmc
USA
8/27/2014  12:20 PM
F500ONE wrote:I'll provide an update hopefully today

When I read more about Shump and his leg recovery

Stating he wants to get after it defensively

Like when he first arrived in the league

Thus far seems his focus is strictly on the offense///// slashing and dunking

Just please don't post anything critical. Save that shit for Melo.

jrodmc
USA
8/27/2014  12:22 PM
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

What is with you writing posts with the layout of a poem?!

yeah, and he doesn't

even try to make it sound

like an EFF haiku ///

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/27/2014  12:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2014  12:29 PM
smackeddog wrote:Shump looks like another player who's lost some weight this offseason.

Nice this is what I expected. Unlike Woodson Phil actually has a brain and told Shump to slim down and play the 2 where you belong hounding the perimeter

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/27/2014  12:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:It starting to seem like last yrs nightmare had a lot more to do with injuries then woodsons rotation and system

barg- Broken elbow
Prig- fractured toe
kmart- ankle issue
artest-knee issues

This was part of the problem, but there were issues with Woody's game plan, rotations, in game game management and the teams preparedness. So many issues that it's hard to just pin point one thing. Woody was a huge part of it as much as any player underperforming or injury.

Now we have a somewhat clean slate. New coach and staff, new system and seven new players. Gotta hope this re-energizes the team. I think it will. Having a big time winner like Phil around will give everyone confidence that if they stick with it, they will eventually be successful. Think about how you would feel if you knew Phil and his staff were coming in to show you how to win?

well both jr and shump admitted being limited in the things that they were capable of doing, that difinitly explains their lack of consistent production.

ES
F500ONE

8/27/2014  12:52 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

Nice this is what I expected. Unlike Woodson Phil actually has a brain and told Shump to slim down and play the 2 where you belong hounding the perimeter

Looking at his instagram page

Shump looks as he has been

I've never questioned his overall conditioning and weight

He may have been slightly heavier coming off knee injury

But Shump has always been built like a tank

His body isn't his problem

gunsnewing
USA
8/27/2014  2:16 PM
Built to play undersized SF when he should slim down to stay at guard and defend the perimeter
bernard
Member: #475
8/27/2014  2:41 PM
As some others have said, I think the biggest part of last year's problems for Shump were physical. He didn't have the explosion or athleticism of 2 years back. I can't remember more than 1 or 2 big dunks. Was weak finishing around the rim. Was not a dominating ball hawk. Certainly, he isn't the strongest guy mentally and being not quite right physically played with his confidence.

He came back pretty quickly, perhaps before he was ready (look how much time Rose took). I'm hoping he'll be back to where he was physically this year and that his confidence will come back too. I could see a big bounceback year for him.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/27/2014  5:00 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Built to play undersized SF when he should slim down to stay at guard and defend the perimeter

Here I thought sf play on the wing?

gunsnewing
USA
8/27/2014  5:56 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Built to play undersized SF when he should slim down to stay at guard and defend the perimeter

6'7-6'8 players he guards don't play on the wing

F500ONE

8/27/2014  5:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2014  5:58 PM
bernard wrote:As some others have said, I think the biggest part of last year's problems for Shump were physical. He didn't have the explosion or athleticism of 2 years back. I can't remember more than 1 or 2 big dunks. Was weak finishing around the rim. Was not a dominating ball hawk. Certainly, he isn't the strongest guy mentally and being not quite right physically played with his confidence.

He came back pretty quickly, perhaps before he was ready (look how much time Rose took). I'm hoping he'll be back to where he was physically this year and that his confidence will come back too. I could see a big bounceback year for him.

Why compare to Rose and not to Westbrook?

Obviously everybody heals differently but

Picking the example to try to fit the preferred picture

To paint is a little disingenuous

yellowboy90

8/27/2014  7:01 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

6'7-6'8 players he guards don't play on the wing

Toney Allen says yes they do.

yellowboy90

8/27/2014  7:05 PM
F500ONE wrote:
bernard wrote:As some others have said, I think the biggest part of last year's problems for Shump were physical. He didn't have the explosion or athleticism of 2 years back. I can't remember more than 1 or 2 big dunks. Was weak finishing around the rim. Was not a dominating ball hawk. Certainly, he isn't the strongest guy mentally and being not quite right physically played with his confidence.

Why compare to Rose and not to Westbrook?

Obviously everybody heals differently but

Picking the example to try to fit the preferred picture

To paint is a little disingenuous

He probably picked Rose because they were injured on the same day with the same injury. The rehab time for a meniscus is different than an ACL in most cases.

Figured This Was Shump's Problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy