F500ONE wrote:

Not a legit excuse

Maybe somewhat mentally fragile

Wasn't he one who spoke to the media

On several occasions trying to be voice of reason for team

Wasn't his name in rumors this summer

What if Amar'e suffers this year from the rumors

It's okay Shump your rope is long here

this kid's been dicked around ever since he got here. not his fault he blew his knee out. i root for him to make a substantial contribution.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

8/26/2014  8:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2014  8:03 PM
dk7th wrote:this kid's been dicked around ever since he got here. not his fault he blew his knee out. i root for him to make a substantial contribution.

Who has been treated well outside of Anthony?

You still have a job to do

He's never lost his starting job permanently, although he played like absolute garbage

What it sounds like now, he's doing the things

He should have always been doing as a pro

Social Media is a low priority for him

He's focusing on basketball, his prime profession

Hope it works out, if Phil doesn't dump him

Woody took a lot of heat for his poor play

Likely more Shump, than anything else

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/26/2014  8:03 PM
Yea while others like Chris Smith make the team. You aren't kidding when you say he's been ducked around since day onei. By media and fans. Every trade rumor the past 2+ years has involved him. It's one thing with Amare and his albatross contract but for people wanting this guy gone? He is only Knick who gives his all for the team. Bleeds orange and blue and works harder than anyone in the gym. Loves playing both ends of the floor. It's complete b.s.
alwaysaknick
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #5711

8/26/2014  8:18 PM
My impression is that Shump devotes quite a lot of time in social media.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/26/2014  8:42 PM
He's a pro athlete....He needs to grow a pair
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
F500ONE

8/26/2014  9:09 PM
EnySpree wrote:He's a pro athlete....He needs to grow a pair

Yep

The same things were said of

The young players we had before the Melo trade

If they can't be affected by rumors

Shump going on 2yrs still here keeping in mind

Shouldn't be affected either

As far as I can tell not sure if he's Social free

Taking a month off Twitter doesn't qualify

I'll take him at his word that his

People are handling outside social interest

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/26/2014  9:18 PM
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:He's a pro athlete....He needs to grow a pair

Yep

The same things were said of

The young players we had before the Melo trade

If they can't be affected by rumors

Shump going on 2yrs still here keeping in mind

Shouldn't be affected either

As far as I can tell not sure if he's Social free

Taking a month off Twitter doesn't qualify

I'll take him at his word that his

People are handling outside social interest

Maybe I am wrong but it seemed that Shump was a lot more concerned about being ripped then hitting his jump shot with any consistency. He also screamed in his coaches face and pushed him aside on his way to the bench during a game. Nothing happened to him because the coach had no support from management. He hasn't been very good for awhile. If stopping social media helps great. I think Phil moves him if he gets the chance. Every concern about him in his predraft scouting report has come to fruition or is still present. Trade rumors suck but a lot of this is on Shump.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE

8/26/2014  9:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2014  9:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Maybe I am wrong but it seemed that Shump was a lot more concerned about being ripped then hitting his jump shot with any consistency. He also screamed in his coaches face and pushed him aside on his way to the bench during a game. Nothing happened to him because the coach had no support from management. He hasn't been very good for awhile. If stopping social media helps great. I think Phil moves him if he gets the chance. Every concern about him in his predraft scouting report has come to fruition or is still present. Trade rumors suck but a lot of this is on Shump.

So True

By 2yrs, I meant 2yrs worth of trade rumors

Begley added a little more

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/26/2014  10:06 PM
Before last season I recall reading that Woodson asked him to focus more on his game and stop with the attention getting high top, carving endorsments in it. The jest was he seemed to have a different set of priorities and the fact was his tenure with the team was not solid.

Contract year. I would imagine he is focused.

F500ONE

8/26/2014  10:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2014  10:14 PM
Nalod wrote:Before last season I recall reading that Woodson asked him to focus more on his game and stop with the attention getting high top, carving endorsments in it. The jest was he seemed to have a different set of priorities and the fact was his tenure with the team was not solid.

It's hard for a brother to keep up

With the likes of a Teyana Taylor

He also said he wasn't trusting his leg last year

Putting in extra work this summer to get his legs right

Still Woodson's fault, hey it easier to say this

Nalod
USA
8/26/2014  10:19 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Nalod wrote:Before last season I recall reading that Woodson asked him to focus more on his game and stop with the attention getting high top, carving endorsments in it. The jest was he seemed to have a different set of priorities and the fact was his tenure with the team was not solid.

It's hard for a brother to keep up

With the likes of a Teyana Taylor

He also said he wasn't trusting his leg last year

Putting in extra work this summer to get his legs right

Still Woodson's fault, hey it easier to say this

Its ALL Woodsons fault!!!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/26/2014  10:43 PM
Whatever the deal was, let's just look forward to this coming season and perhaps this environment, coaching staff and System will be much better suited to Shump being successful. There is talent there and he hasn't been able to put it all together for many reasons and not necessarily because he's not any good. The entire point of the Triangle is to help make players better. They don't have to pound the ball and show off And1 handles in order to be effective. If he embraces the concepts of the Triangle Shump should be just fine.

He will find stability and predictability in this system. Just by the natural flow of the offense it will present him with scoring opps that he can get used to and perfect. Not every player excels at free lancing scoring drives. I think the prescribed cuts and screen plays will only help Shump. If that raises his trade value that is a good thing, so we have to hope that he has a great season if only for that reason. This is going to be as much about building value in assets as winning.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
8/26/2014  11:52 PM
Begley's best tweet was about how Shump was excited to use his athletcism rather than just stand around in the corner (not so subtle shot at Woodson)
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/27/2014  12:24 AM
VDesai wrote:Begley's best tweet was about how Shump was excited to use his athletcism rather than just stand around in the corner (not so subtle shot at Woodson)

Wish he said he would hit the open shot.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/27/2014  1:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
VDesai wrote:Begley's best tweet was about how Shump was excited to use his athletcism rather than just stand around in the corner (not so subtle shot at Woodson)

Maybe he can't get in a rhythm and get a feel for the game just stand in the corner watching jr and Melo pound the ball?

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/27/2014  1:29 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Maybe he can't get in a rhythm and get a feel for the game just stand in the corner watching jr and Melo pound the ball?

One thing we know about the Triangle is that it helps keep EVERYONE involved. Players get to touch the ball and get to make simple plays that they can handle and execute. We were all screaming for just a few cuts and slashes to the basket over the last 2 years and it was painful not seeing any ball or player movement and no sense that the players had any idea what to do late in games except pass it to Melo. Hopefully this team will finally learn how to play REAL BB. If that helps Shump GREAT!!!

I think some of us are so mad at our players that we lose sight of how important it is to have them all play up to their abilities. We should ALL want to see these players succeed and give Phil a tough decision when it comes to making changes. I would prefer that other teams want to make deals for our players because they're playing well enough to make good trades.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/27/2014  3:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2014  5:34 AM
Well Shump was posting pics of his vacations, of his music and of his brand where he actually has a logo where he's selling merchandise....fans are telling him he needs to be working on his game....so he started posting his workouts where he's just posting himself working on his jumpshot. He posted a mix tape of him playing well in a Chicago pro am league....Then he posted video of himself going to dykman to play....

He wants to build his brand and put off a certain image to fans....then gets mad when some fans criticize. If everyone was adoring him he wouldn't have a problem. He has too much to prove on the NBA court that all this bull**** brand building is just not going to fly. This is why i want him off my team.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
8/27/2014  6:48 AM
Ball don't lie.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/27/2014  7:07 AM
F500ONE wrote:

Not a legit excuse

Maybe somewhat mentally fragile

Wasn't he one who spoke to the media

On several occasions trying to be voice of reason for team

Wasn't his name in rumors this summer

What if Amar'e suffers this year from the rumors

It's okay Shump your rope is long here

If Shump steps away from social media and onto a bball court more often, then that's a good thing. Glad he is working with a trainer. Needs to put his game above everything else right now. Trying to build a brand based on unrealized talent won't get him very far.

Figured This Was Shump's Problem

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy