Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

8/24/2014  6:20 PM
RonRon wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Marc Gasol and Milsap will rectify that!

Think we have a shot at both?

I think we have a shot at Milsap- I'm doubtful about Gasol though

I like Milsap and Melo at the 4-3....We'd need a center so aside from Marc, who's out there?

Possibly

Samuel Dalembert

Andrea Bargnani

DeAndre Jordan

Robin Lopez

Kostas Koufos

Tyson Chandler

Anderson Varaejao

Robert Sacre

Via trade maybe

Javele McGee

Roy Hibbert

Andrew Bogut

If we were to land Gasol we have no room to sign anyone else

Unless the cap skyrockets

Anyone think

Al Jefferson
Millsap
Melo

Next Summer,
Jefferson player option that likely will opt out*, Millsap could be both UFA's
What about one or the other, while looking for a more lower cost player like a Robin Lopez or Asik at Center, maybe even MoSgoV or/and Koufus

would work well in the Triangle together?
Are good fits on both OFF and DEF, complimenting each other?
Are good enough to match up vs our expected contenders in Cav's, Bulls, and whoever you think may be rising...
While Al Jefferson and Millsap are just about the same age as CA's, I am not sure how long Jefferson can play at a high level due to him being undersized and playing OLD SCHOOL as a bruiser but Zach Randolph has been quite consistent, who is now 33

It could weaken Atlanta, though Atlanta played without Horford and played well last season
Atlanta actually would have pretty much cap space though

but

Bobcats is actually stacked in talent and has multiple BIG's that are young
Depending on Kemba's next contract, Bobcats could have some cap space as well, as their highest paid player would be Lance/Kemba and mainly players in rookie contracts

I am a big fan of the potential of Tony Wroten, who I would consider trading STAT/AB in the deadline for with a 2020 1st round draft pick if needed, while keeping the option of using the draft rights of the 2015 draft pick and 2018 1st round draft pack as part of package to offer for a Durant/Noah *if they pushed to leave their teams like CA, D12, have done and recently acquired Kevin Love did*

If Jefferson opts out of a near $14mil PO

With us having about $18mil cap space[$65-67mil cap figure]

How do you fit the two of them in

We need at a minimum $24mil cap space

We simply don't have it

If the cap skyrockets

All this means other teams can offer top dollar contracts

To their existing and potential free agents

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/24/2014  6:20 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I like Mozgov over all those guys sans Marc Gasol. Didn't we have Mozgov

Someone will take the bait. You can keep bringing it up but you know no matter how right you might be, the trade is not coming back. No Ron Ron rant beat down will make the commish reverse the trade "for the good of the game"!!!!!!

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
8/24/2014  7:42 PM
I have the feeling. Hibbert will be a knick next year.
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
RonRon
Member: #246
8/24/2014  7:58 PM
Due 6.4m in 2015, making right under 6m this season

JR Smith (I think he will OPT out regardless, he is 28 years of age, will be 29 in Sept) if we have learned anything from CAA, it is that money/contracts are very important and they want the best possible deal possible for their clients to get their cut of their pay

CAA and JR Smith were able to get him to play at an SPECTACULAR level throughout an entire season, almost perfect except for his after Terry/elbow incident and lost confidence after along with the drugs/partying with Rihanna during the play offs

They both realize that this is a contract year, selling him before he hits 30, after an entire system change will be very important for his future in the league
He has to show that he can play in a established role/system and he is not going to get a better chance with the lack of talent we have outside of CA, making him the 2nd/3rd best player on the team

Like 2 years ago, I fully expect JR to come in ready to play, taking training/basketball drills, getting back to NBA shape after surgery, saying the right things, and stop the nonsense that cost him a lucrative deal, probably at least 3m per year +
Just like Lance Stephenson, JR Smith possess's the talent/physical abilities (at least prior to his injury) to allow him to be a much more talented player than he actually is

However, unlike 2 years ago, this will likely be JR Smith's last sell to get a lucrative deal, and that is why he is saying things like "brining in leadership...blah blah"
After ONE MORE contract, he may have drouble staying in the league or even getting vet min deal, if he doesn't make changes

Like many other NBA talents that go down south and out of the league, when their physical abilities expire, so do their careers

Look at Once ALL STAR's

Once ALL STARS
===================

Allen Iverson
Marbary
Francis
Tmac
Jalen Rose
Ron Artest

Penny Hardaway

Athletic role players
==========================

Desmond Mason
Fred Jones
DeMarr Johnson
Rubin Patterson
Flip Murry
Shannon Brown
Quinton Ross
Q Rich
Damien Wilkins

Junkyard Dog
Moore, Mikki

Keon Clark
Robert Swift

unlike some of the above, JR Smith actually is a very talented shooter on top of once very athletic/talented, yes so was Tmac and a few of the above though
However, many are unable to adapt to their changes after their loss of physical abiliteis, most notabally on DEFENSE, speed/quickness, jumping ability, and penetration
They do not realize how much thier physical abilites, allowed them to do all of the above, and cannot find a role acceptable to their EGO's
Some simply no longer need to work, like Tmac vs Carter, with their once lucrative deals, wise spendings, investments, and setting themselves up AFTER their pro careers are over

I think after 2015, his salary could go range anywhere from 2m to 8m *of course if he plays his ass off*, point is THIS YEAR IS VERY CRUCIAL at this point of his NBA career and life
CA see's this, part of the reason why he dropped the weight, probably following the advice of a mentor of his in Kobe who did the same, extending his career at a very high level of play
This work out could play a major difference in the summer for JR Smith as well, having a effect on him, probably even asking himself, Why CA can get 20m MORE than him, while he has to fight for a NBA contract

The difference in prolonging their careers is

Injuries and recoverie
HARD WORK/ WORK ETHIC/ Diet
UNDERSTANDING OF THE GAME
BB IQ
ABILITY TO ACCEPT AND EXECUTE IN DIFFERENT ROLES *like Grant Hill was able to adjust to on top of his work ethic and 7 surgeries*
Simply the will and determination to stay in the league, doing what it takes, and even so, the body/mind still has it's limits

Compare the careers of the highs and lows of

Carter
Tmac
Kobe

Allen Iverson *though not physically as giften as the above*

Still playing in the league....
Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis

Jermaine Oneil

Though players with size, talented/versatile, and could shoot, they are out of the league

Turkeglu *pretty much done without PED's*
Peja

RonRon
8/24/2014  8:04 PM
babyKnicks wrote:I have the feeling. Hibbert will be a knick next year.

2 years ago, when he demolished the Knick's, and throughout his career *except for last season*
He showed improvements in every department and actually had a decent post up game, prior to Lance showing he was part of the engines of the Pacer's and not just a spare part

Along with being one of the better DEFENSIVE C's with legit size
shot blocking/help def
a good FT shot and FT range
with a hook shot at 7-4

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/24/2014  8:11 PM
RonRon wrote:Due 6.4m in 2015, making right under 6m this season

JR Smith (I think he will OPT out regardless, he is 28 years of age, will be 29 in Sept) if we have learned anything from CAA, it is that money/contracts are very important and they want the best possible deal possible for their clients to get their cut of their pay

CAA and JR Smith were able to get him to play at an SPECTACULAR level throughout an entire season, almost perfect except for his after Terry/elbow incident and lost confidence after along with the drugs/partying with Rihanna during the play offs

They both realize that this is a contract year, selling him before he hits 30, after an entire system change will be very important for his future in the league
He has to show that he can play in a established role/system and he is not going to get a better chance with the lack of talent we have outside of CA, making him the 2nd/3rd best player on the team

Like 2 years ago, I fully expect JR to come in ready to play, taking training/basketball drills, getting back to NBA shape after surgery, saying the right things, and stop the nonsense that cost him a lucrative deal, probably at least 3m per year +
Just like Lance Stephenson, JR Smith possess's the talent/physical abilities (at least prior to his injury) to allow him to be a much more talented player than he actually is

However, unlike 2 years ago, this will likely be JR Smith's last sell to get a lucrative deal, and that is why he is saying things like "brining in leadership...blah blah"
After ONE MORE contract, he may have drouble staying in the league or even getting vet min deal, if he doesn't make changes

Like many other NBA talents that go down south and out of the league, when their physical abilities expire, so do their careers

Look at Once ALL STAR's

Once ALL STARS
===================

Allen Iverson
Marbary
Francis
Tmac
Jalen Rose
Ron Artest

Penny Hardaway

Athletic role players

Desmond Mason
Fred Jones
DeMarr Johnson
Rubin Patterson
Flip Murry
Shannon Brown
Quinton Ross
Q Rich
Damien Wilkins

Junkyard Dog
Moore, Mikki

Keon Clark
Robert Swift

unlike some of the above, JR Smith actually is a very talented shooter on top of once very athletic/talented, yes so was Tmac and a few of the above though
However, many are unable to adapt to their changes after their loss of physical abiliteis, most notabally on DEFENSE, speed/quickness, jumping ability, and penetration
They do not realize how much thier physical abilites, allowed them to do all of the above, and cannot find a role acceptable to their EGO's
Some simply no longer need to work, like Tmac vs Carter, with their once lucrative deals, wise spendings, investments, and setting themselves up AFTER their pro careers are over

I think after 2015, his salary could go range anywhere from 2m to 8m *of course if he plays his ass off*, point is THIS YEAR IS VERY CRUCIAL at this point of his NBA career and life
CA see's this, part of the reason why he dropped the weight, probably following the advice of a mentor of his in Kobe who did the same, extending his career at a very high level of play
This work out could play a major difference in the summer for JR Smith as well, having a effect on him, probably even asking himself, Why CA can get 20m MORE than him, while he has to fight for a NBA contract

Injuries and recoverie
BB IQ
ABILITY TO ACCEPT AND EXECUTE IN DIFFERENT ROLES *like Grant Hill was able to adjust to on top of his work ethic and 7 surgeries*
Simply the will and determination to stay in the league, doing what it takes, and even so, the body/mind still has it's limits

Carter
Tmac
Kobe

Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis

Jermaine Oneil

Though players with size, talented/versatile, and could shoot, they are out of the league

Peja

Im guessing that Jackson will move him regardless of how well he's playing, or how good a soldier he's been. He knows that if JR's history is any indication, Smith will fall back on bad habits, probably at the worst possible moment. As soon as JR's stock is high enough to move, Im guessing he's gone. Maybe to upgrade the frontcourt.

RonRon
8/24/2014  8:12 PM
CA
22.9m

Calderon
7.4m

JR Smith *player option*
6.4m

Pablo *team option, partial guaranteed*
1.75m

2015 1st round draft pick
CAP HOLDS

NO OTHER CONTRACTS are guaranteed
Both contracts above and below are certainly moveable

Not saying I wouldn't keep

Tim Hardaway JR
Larkin
Early

etc,

Even Iman but saying terminating his qualifying offer is the WORSE case scenario....

But we don't need to pay them and cut release them with their salary or possibly trade them for asset's/expirings by the deadline and/ draft night as well

While we still have the bird rights/early bird rights to

Cole Aldrich
Dalembert

STAT
AB

not sure about Jason Smith *think we can resign him with a 120% raise if we wanted to*

Add in the projected NBA CAP of about 10m to last year's NBA cap in 2015, 5m added per year (projected, meaning it could even raise more)
So 58m to 68m

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/24/2014  9:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Look at Once ALL STAR's

Once ALL STARS
===================

Allen Iverson
Marbary
Francis
Tmac
Jalen Rose
Ron Artest

Penny Hardaway

Athletic role players

Desmond Mason
Fred Jones
DeMarr Johnson
Rubin Patterson
Flip Murry
Shannon Brown
Quinton Ross
Q Rich
Damien Wilkins

Junkyard Dog
Moore, Mikki

Keon Clark
Robert Swift

Injuries and recoverie
BB IQ

Carter
Tmac
Kobe

Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis

Jermaine Oneil

Peja

Im guessing that Jackson will move him regardless of how well he's playing, or how good a soldier he's been. He knows that if JR's history is any indication, Smith will fall back on bad habits, probably at the worst possible moment. As soon as JR's stock is high enough to move, Im guessing he's gone. Maybe to upgrade the frontcourt.

I think Phil may keep JR. He has been very immature and some of that could be character flaws but he has tremendous talent. His salary is what it s because of his knuckle head behavior. I am not a fan f a guy who doesn't shoot when hs coach is on the hot seat but I think you have to hope he grows up and adds a maturity to go along with his talent. JR was hurt most of last year. Maybe Phil/Fish's magic triangle dust fixes a lot of JR's flaws.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/24/2014  10:04 PM
There is one glaring difference between all those players listed in the big groups and JR and that is he can shoot the 3ball at a high level consistently over his career.

That's why he will probably fall in the Carter and Lewis category. One coaches do not put him into the secondary/primary ball handler role and use him as a catch and shoot player people will talk about how he changed his career and blah blah blah.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/24/2014  10:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Look at Once ALL STAR's

Once ALL STARS
===================

Allen Iverson
Marbary
Francis
Tmac
Jalen Rose
Ron Artest

Penny Hardaway

Athletic role players

Desmond Mason
Fred Jones
DeMarr Johnson
Rubin Patterson
Flip Murry
Shannon Brown
Quinton Ross
Q Rich
Damien Wilkins

Junkyard Dog
Moore, Mikki

Keon Clark
Robert Swift

Injuries and recoverie
BB IQ

Carter
Tmac
Kobe

Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis

Jermaine Oneil

Peja

I think Phil may keep JR. He has been very immature and some of that could be character flaws but he has tremendous talent. His salary is what it s because of his knuckle head behavior. I am not a fan f a guy who doesn't shoot when hs coach is on the hot seat but I think you have to hope he grows up and adds a maturity to go along with his talent. JR was hurt most of last year. Maybe Phil/Fish's magic triangle dust fixes a lot of JR's flaws.

Unless Fisher becomes a better

Father Flanagan to J.R.

There is no amount of Triangular Pixie Dust

That can fix him

GustavBahler

8/24/2014  10:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2014  10:17 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Look at Once ALL STAR's

Once ALL STARS
===================

Allen Iverson
Marbary
Francis
Tmac
Jalen Rose
Ron Artest

Penny Hardaway

Athletic role players

Desmond Mason
Fred Jones
DeMarr Johnson
Rubin Patterson
Flip Murry
Shannon Brown
Quinton Ross
Q Rich
Damien Wilkins

Junkyard Dog
Moore, Mikki

Keon Clark
Robert Swift

Injuries and recoverie
BB IQ

Carter
Tmac
Kobe

Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis

Jermaine Oneil

Peja

I'll be surprised if JR is here after next season. I don't believe Phil is willing bet the team's success on someone who never fails to disappoint. JR's talent is undeniable, and Phil is the master at getting through to players, but JR is also someone who is severely lacking in the character dept, and I believe Jackson feels the same way.

I hope JR proves me wrong, but I doubt he will. I'm confident that at at some point he will implode once again, hopefully after we trade him.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/24/2014  10:27 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Look at Once ALL STAR's

Once ALL STARS
===================

Allen Iverson
Marbary
Francis
Tmac
Jalen Rose
Ron Artest

Penny Hardaway

Athletic role players

Desmond Mason
Fred Jones
DeMarr Johnson
Rubin Patterson
Flip Murry
Shannon Brown
Quinton Ross
Q Rich
Damien Wilkins

Junkyard Dog
Moore, Mikki

Keon Clark
Robert Swift

Injuries and recoverie
BB IQ

Carter
Tmac
Kobe

Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis

Jermaine Oneil

Peja

I think Phil may keep JR. He has been very immature and some of that could be character flaws but he has tremendous talent. His salary is what it s because of his knuckle head behavior. I am not a fan f a guy who doesn't shoot when hs coach is on the hot seat but I think you have to hope he grows up and adds a maturity to go along with his talent. JR was hurt most of last year. Maybe Philn h/Fish's magic triangle dust fixes a lot of JR's flaws.

I'll be surprised if JR is here after next season. I don't believe Phil is willing bet the team's success on someone who never fails to disappoint. JR's talent is undeniable, and Phil is the master at getting through to players, but JR is also someone who is severely lacking in the character dept, and I believe Jackson feels the same way.

I hope JR proves me wrong, but I doubt he will. I'm confident that at at some point he will implode once again, hopefully after we trade him.

You are probably right. It's funny but I have more patience for a guy known for character issues like JR when he messes up then a guy like Tyson who is supposed to be a leader, high character, championship pedigree guy that tries to sabotage a coach/locker room. I thought JR should have been traded after he pulled his nonsense on Woodson. No excuse for what JR, Shump, and Tyson did last year in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/24/2014  10:29 PM
F500ONE wrote:Unless Fisher becomes a better Father Flanagan to J.R. There is no amount of Triangular Pixie Dust
That can fix him

Fish doesn't have to turn into "Father Flanagan" in order to appeal to him as a man and get him to buy in and play a better brand of BB and be more professional. The Triangle could in fact "fix him" since it's a system that helps players be more productive in a team concept rather than as an individual. That's what JR needs. He's got the talent or perhaps you don't think so. I think it's pretty clear that he does have loads of talent and has yet to fully maximize his abilities. He should do well in the Triangle given his skills and athletic ability.

GustavBahler

8/24/2014  10:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Look at Once ALL STAR's

Once ALL STARS
===================

Allen Iverson
Marbary
Francis
Tmac
Jalen Rose
Ron Artest

Penny Hardaway

Athletic role players

Desmond Mason
Fred Jones
DeMarr Johnson
Rubin Patterson
Flip Murry
Shannon Brown
Quinton Ross
Q Rich
Damien Wilkins

Junkyard Dog
Moore, Mikki

Keon Clark
Robert Swift

Injuries and recoverie
BB IQ

Carter
Tmac
Kobe

Ray Allen
Rashard Lewis

Jermaine Oneil

Peja

I think Phil may keep JR. He has been very immature and some of that could be character flaws but he has tremendous talent. His salary is what it s because of his knuckle head behavior. I am not a fan f a guy who doesn't shoot when hs coach is on the hot seat but I think you have to hope he grows up and adds a maturity to go along with his talent. JR was hurt most of last year. Maybe Philn h/Fish's magic triangle dust fixes a lot of JR's flaws.

You are probably right. It's funny but I have more patience for a guy known for character issues like JR when he messes up then a guy like Tyson who is supposed to be a leader, high character, championship pedigree guy that tries to sabotage a coach/locker room. I thought JR should have been traded after he pulled his nonsense on Woodson. No excuse for what JR, Shump, and Tyson did last year in my opinion.

I have no problem with Phil giving troubled players a chance, but JR is so far beyond the pale when it comes to lacking character that I believe even Phil wants no part of him beyond next season. I know Im just guessing here. I have no respect for Tyson for the reasons you gave, Shump has been in the league long enough to be able to make a fing layup. He is so athletic, he could be one of the best SGs in the league if he were as concerned with his game as he is with his image. Maybe that changes next season, hope so.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/24/2014  10:56 PM
Draft one and sign one.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/24/2014  10:59 PM
Also Andrew Bynum will be a knick next season.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/24/2014  11:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I have no problem with Phil giving troubled players a chance, but JR is so far beyond the pale when it comes to lacking character that I believe even Phil wants no part of him beyond next season. I know Im just guessing here. I have no respect for Tyson for the reasons you gave, Shump has been in the league long enough to be able to make a fing layup. He is so athletic, he could be one of the best SGs in the league if he were as concerned with his game as he is with his image. Maybe that changes next season, hope so.

This is the whole point of having Phil, Fish and the staff here. It's not realistic to think you can just fix this team with FA's or just the draft. You have to also find a way to get more out of the talent you already have. JR is a talent in this league. He's been an idiot but he also showed his talent winning the 6th Man of the Year award. IMO that isn't even as good as he could play if taught how to play WINNING BB. That's what Phil and co. are here to do. Phil at least has some experience dealing with difficult personalities. If anyone has a chance to get thru to our players it's this coaching staff and Prez. That is a very good thing for this franchise.
GustavBahler

8/25/2014  6:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/25/2014  6:29 AM
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I have no problem with Phil giving troubled players a chance, but JR is so far beyond the pale when it comes to lacking character that I believe even Phil wants no part of him beyond next season. I know Im just guessing here. I have no respect for Tyson for the reasons you gave, Shump has been in the league long enough to be able to make a fing layup. He is so athletic, he could be one of the best SGs in the league if he were as concerned with his game as he is with his image. Maybe that changes next season, hope so.

This is the whole point of having Phil, Fish and the staff here. It's not realistic to think you can just fix this team with FA's or just the draft. You have to also find a way to get more out of the talent you already have. JR is a talent in this league. He's been an idiot but he also showed his talent winning the 6th Man of the Year award. IMO that isn't even as good as he could play if taught how to play WINNING BB. That's what Phil and co. are here to do. Phil at least has some experience dealing with difficult personalities. If anyone has a chance to get thru to our players it's this coaching staff and Prez. That is a very good thing for this franchise.

As I said (and you overlooked) I have no problem giving troubled players a chance, but JR is in a league of his own. Don't think its realistic to believe that Phil/Fish can help every troubled player in this league. This team doesn't need the distraction JR has been in the past

Bynum wasnt listening to Phil or Fisher by the time he left LA and Phil got him 3 rings. If JR is having a good, season he should be tradeable, and Im guessing that Phil will make a move.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/25/2014  10:11 AM
babyKnicks wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I like Mozgov over all those guys sans Marc Gasol. Didn't we have Mozgov

Looks like you are just ranting to be ranting.

I'd say we will get someone in a s&t at the deadline.

Soon he'll be wondering aloud if Wilson Chandler isn't a better fit in the Triangle than any of the yoots we will be developing. Didn't we have Wilson?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/25/2014  10:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:That's probably a good thing. Not saying our bigs will be a bust next season, but we will have the cap space in 2015 to upgrade the position if we need to, Phil will make room. Maybe this is Phil's plan, audition these bigs, maybe sign one to a longer deal, if a player is worth one, and jettison the rest.

+1
Dalembert and Bargs could both be gone, or Dalembert finishes his career on our bench through a series of one year deals, transitioning to becoming the new Herb. Bargs is no long term answer at C, no matter how irrelevant the position becomes. And the more irrelevant it becomes in Triangularity, the more useless his level of salary will be. There's probably some dopey owner (other than ours) willing to pay him 8-10MM for hopes and dreams.

I think Cole is all that's worth keeping long term.

No matter what, I just hope to God we don't get to watch Amare at the 5 again.

We have zero big men signed next year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy