[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/31/2014  1:18 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:he's young. there's still hope for Paul George

Hope that he won't become Melo? Lol

Don't worry he doesn't have the offensive skillset

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

only $35mil more? Isn't it for like $90mil more for Melo?

George is a max player. Just for a lesser amount cause he's younger.

5 years/91 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

I could care less about Max labels.

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

He probably should be making what Harden is making at best $80mil.

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

That's impossible, don't be silly.

There's nothing silly about what I said.

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

Go look it up if you think I'm bluffing

The rookie scale is calculated by draft pick number. That's based on a number, what you're suggesting is purely subjective. How do you think it should be determined (in your hypothetical example) who gets the max? What determinants would be used to say this player is truly worth a Max and this one isn't?

There's this wonderful tool I used to find this information.

I fired up another tab in my browser locating it on this thing called the internet

According to a memo NBPA Executive Director Billy Hunter sent to his Board of Directors, the tentative agreement between the NBPA and NBA included the following change for max salaries:

“Max Salary: A player finishing his rookie scale contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 30% of the Cap (up from 25%) if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA 2 times; an All-Star starter 2 times; or 1-time MVP.”

They need to add more language here as you graduate to the different levels of Max.

So 35% Max which comes in seasons 7-9 I believe could say something like

According to a memo NBPA Executive Director Billy Hunter sent to his Board of Directors, the tentative agreement between the NBPA and NBA included the following change for max salaries:

“Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

Every player can't be considered an absolute Max every time they're due up for a contract, just because they maintained status quo play.

That is great information. Can you provide the link where you found that? On a side note, that sounds very ownership friendly coming from a guy that represents and negotiates for the players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one [Scroll Down]

When I said I wasn't bluffing I wasn't

Hey fisherman fishlips dude or whoever you are take notes.

When someone ask for links provide them

There's a reason the owners wanted this language in the new deal.

Dollars to Apple Fritters it gets modified again

My guess it was to prevent Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas type deals from taking place again

We have Derrick Rose Max, Kobe Max-Super Max

In the new deal I want to see 'No Melo Max'.

good post... Melo started 6 all star games. So I guess by the info you provided he's a max player.

all-star appearances are the least-worthy criterion since the all-star games are based on popularity only. nice try though.

LOL..

so when introducing EWING, you cant say "11 time all star", because all stars are not really all stars, their just popular players.

Awful analogy. Melo's stats and metrics are not even on Ewing's level. Not even close

so Ewing's All stars count more than Melo's? At least your consistent

If you want to judge on Allstar appearances then Ewing did it at a time when Shaq, Hakeem & David Robinson were in the league and alltime greats Lin Jordan magic bird Malone Barkley Stockton Pippen etc were in the league

and Melo hasnt played with good forwards? Dirk? Durant? Amare? Duncan? KG? out west? Anyway this is silly... you have decided to hate Melo, its your summer endevour and any of his accomplishments can easily be discarded as empty if you want to invent the logic to do so. It an interesting decision on your part considering the direction of the team, but to each his own.

Did Melo start ahead of those guys when they were in the west?

The point is Melo has value. Melo at $124mil is "Kinda" ridiculous and more of the same from the Knicks. I WAS excited about our direction after hiring Phil & Derek. Now I can see the whole thing blowing up because of one player like it did with Larry brown and Marbury

so who is who in your fear? Is Phil the next Larry Brown or is Melo the nexst Marbury?

Melo at $124 isnt ridiculous. It may sound that way but its not. I get that # rubs you the wrong way and I understand your reasons, but you are fabricating doom and gloom where none exists and none needs to exist.

After the trade was one thing, but there is nothing really dramatic about Melo. He's an elite scorer and his game has expanded. Also look at Phil, Phil's teams and what he's doing with the Knicks. He wanted the scorer. The other "old" guy he brought in was a shooter and floor general. Every other piece has been young. He traded established for draft picks. He's added fresh legs and player with upside next to Melo, he has NOT added a bunch of old guys to get the most wins out of a Melo team he can. So if you actually look at whats happening and see whats happening there is zero reason for the doom and gloom.

At this point the only real legit beef is if Melo tears something and cant play, and even in that I have yet to see Phil trade any picks, so our hedge is there, and every team (just ask Chi about their MVP) has to deal with that risk.

the triangle offense requires cutting, moving without the ball, passing. that's not melo's game skippy

He realize the way he's been playing hasn't gotten him far, Incomes phil jackson and Fisher, they sit him down and tell him, dude, your not playing the right way, here's our plan to tweak your style of play so you can maximize your talent. Melo looks,listens, likes.

He has said numerous times that he is prepared to alter is game for the betterment of the team.

Why can't you except that give him a chance to prove it, instead of bashing anything good that he does, or always siding against him.

Nothing says I think "you're not playing the right way" like offering a $124 mil contract!
MDA already tried to get Melo to do less chucking and more distributing. Hopefully Phil has more power and the message actually gets through to Melo
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
7/31/2014  1:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:he's young. there's still hope for Paul George

Hope that he won't become Melo? Lol

Don't worry he doesn't have the offensive skillset

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

only $35mil more? Isn't it for like $90mil more for Melo?

George is a max player. Just for a lesser amount cause he's younger.

5 years/91 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

I could care less about Max labels.

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

He probably should be making what Harden is making at best $80mil.

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

That's impossible, don't be silly.

There's nothing silly about what I said.

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

Go look it up if you think I'm bluffing

The rookie scale is calculated by draft pick number. That's based on a number, what you're suggesting is purely subjective. How do you think it should be determined (in your hypothetical example) who gets the max? What determinants would be used to say this player is truly worth a Max and this one isn't?

There's this wonderful tool I used to find this information.

I fired up another tab in my browser locating it on this thing called the internet

“Max Salary: A player finishing his rookie scale contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 30% of the Cap (up from 25%) if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA 2 times; an All-Star starter 2 times; or 1-time MVP.”

They need to add more language here as you graduate to the different levels of Max.

So 35% Max which comes in seasons 7-9 I believe could say something like

“Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

Every player can't be considered an absolute Max every time they're due up for a contract, just because they maintained status quo play.

That is great information. Can you provide the link where you found that? On a side note, that sounds very ownership friendly coming from a guy that represents and negotiates for the players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one [Scroll Down]

When I said I wasn't bluffing I wasn't

Hey fisherman fishlips dude or whoever you are take notes.

When someone ask for links provide them

There's a reason the owners wanted this language in the new deal.

Dollars to Apple Fritters it gets modified again

My guess it was to prevent Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas type deals from taking place again

We have Derrick Rose Max, Kobe Max-Super Max

In the new deal I want to see 'No Melo Max'.

good post... Melo started 6 all star games. So I guess by the info you provided he's a max player.

all-star appearances are the least-worthy criterion since the all-star games are based on popularity only. nice try though.

LOL..

so when introducing EWING, you cant say "11 time all star", because all stars are not really all stars, their just popular players.

Awful analogy. Melo's stats and metrics are not even on Ewing's level. Not even close

so Ewing's All stars count more than Melo's? At least your consistent

If you want to judge on Allstar appearances then Ewing did it at a time when Shaq, Hakeem & David Robinson were in the league and alltime greats Lin Jordan magic bird Malone Barkley Stockton Pippen etc were in the league

and Melo hasnt played with good forwards? Dirk? Durant? Amare? Duncan? KG? out west? Anyway this is silly... you have decided to hate Melo, its your summer endevour and any of his accomplishments can easily be discarded as empty if you want to invent the logic to do so. It an interesting decision on your part considering the direction of the team, but to each his own.

Did Melo start ahead of those guys when they were in the west?

The point is Melo has value. Melo at $124mil is "Kinda" ridiculous and more of the same from the Knicks. I WAS excited about our direction after hiring Phil & Derek. Now I can see the whole thing blowing up because of one player like it did with Larry brown and Marbury

so who is who in your fear? Is Phil the next Larry Brown or is Melo the nexst Marbury?

Melo at $124 isnt ridiculous. It may sound that way but its not. I get that # rubs you the wrong way and I understand your reasons, but you are fabricating doom and gloom where none exists and none needs to exist.

After the trade was one thing, but there is nothing really dramatic about Melo. He's an elite scorer and his game has expanded. Also look at Phil, Phil's teams and what he's doing with the Knicks. He wanted the scorer. The other "old" guy he brought in was a shooter and floor general. Every other piece has been young. He traded established for draft picks. He's added fresh legs and player with upside next to Melo, he has NOT added a bunch of old guys to get the most wins out of a Melo team he can. So if you actually look at whats happening and see whats happening there is zero reason for the doom and gloom.

At this point the only real legit beef is if Melo tears something and cant play, and even in that I have yet to see Phil trade any picks, so our hedge is there, and every team (just ask Chi about their MVP) has to deal with that risk.

the triangle offense requires cutting, moving without the ball, passing. that's not melo's game skippy

He realize the way he's been playing hasn't gotten him far, Incomes phil jackson and Fisher, they sit him down and tell him, dude, your not playing the right way, here's our plan to tweak your style of play so you can maximize your talent. Melo looks,listens, likes.

He has said numerous times that he is prepared to alter is game for the betterment of the team.

Why can't you except that give him a chance to prove it, instead of bashing anything good that he does, or always siding against him.

i don't know... maybe because all he has done is pay lip service?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2014  1:45 PM
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:the triangle offense requires cutting, moving without the ball, passing. that's not melo's game skippy
ahh... the liar and realgm exile speaks!

As its been proven you lie about the ball you (dont) watch how would you know what Melo's game is? Maybe you read the hoopshype scouting report?

http://hoopshype.com/players/carmelo_anthony.htm
read this kind of stuff and you can pretend to contribute. Go DK!

i looked at the contributors on your thread, skippy. only name i recognize is charley rosen, who i like. but he didn't contribute to the page on carmelo.

the rest of these guys are hacks and clowns so far as i am concerned.

lastly, this list of accomplishments is utterly laughable, especially this nugget:

Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 3rd Team in 2005-06, 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2011-12.
Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 2nd Team in 2009-10 and 2013-14.
Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 1st Team in 2012-13.

what a bunch of jerkoffs i swear LOL

I was joking as your a proven liar and like to comment on games you didnt watch, but Im glad you learned something from the exercise.

Looks like the world of pro sports is full of jerkoffs who cant see your views, and the world of sports forums is full of swine with an ax to grind with you. Or it could be this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

this is the second time you have accused me of lying. show me where i have done so-- and if it ends up being <crickets> and <bullfrogs> from then you REALLY need to STFU

realgm thread... its been posted. Also when you make stuff up? Thats a form of lying.

Your pattern is simple. Make up lies about Melo and spam the boards. Maybe you actually *ARE* Gallo. That would explain all the time you have on your hands, your hate for Melo and tfk's love of everything you do.

Notice Im not asking you stop. I find it entertaining. Doesnt add much but its pretty funny.

My favorite is when you and tfk get nostalgic and talk about the guys you have "mentally owned" in debates over there (before being kicked off). Its all good rooster.

i think you're referring to this that that towering intellect CrushAlot volunteered.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1178309&sid=416f4595df6794c344fc0c63d1f22e33&start=20

please do yourself a favor and point out exactly where i have been caught lying and by whom in that thread.

and please, if i am making stuff up, show me where i have ever done so.

you won't be able to do either.

you are just making stuff up.

you started a thread saying Melo doesnt guard Lebron in another attempt to spam your Melo hate. A few people posted video that clearly shows you didnt watch the game and were just spewing more of your vomit.

Funny how the Knick fans over there said the same things they do over here. You make stuff up. Dont watch. Post constant anti-Melo troll spam and have the social skills of a snapping turtle with herpes. Well.. they dont say that last part about the turtle... that came from me. Hey rooster... Im really sorry you got traded, hurt and have underperformed.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/31/2014  2:02 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Melo wouldn't start an Allstar game in that era

Yeah and Melo won't be making the HOF in any era, either. Please, the Whorenyets.com site needs an admin. Now.

Nets?

Thought you were quoted as being on the fasttrack to Charlotte once this Melonoma of a season started?

Nalod already has all the admin logins for the Nets.

Right Charlotte. Never the Nets

So are you just sticking around to troll here then? Because based upon your posts in this thread it certainly seems that way.

If and when the time comes to finally abandon the Knicks I will let you and Jrod know

You can just leave. No press conference required.

dk7th
USA
7/31/2014  2:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:the triangle offense requires cutting, moving without the ball, passing. that's not melo's game skippy
ahh... the liar and realgm exile speaks!

As its been proven you lie about the ball you (dont) watch how would you know what Melo's game is? Maybe you read the hoopshype scouting report?

http://hoopshype.com/players/carmelo_anthony.htm
read this kind of stuff and you can pretend to contribute. Go DK!

i looked at the contributors on your thread, skippy. only name i recognize is charley rosen, who i like. but he didn't contribute to the page on carmelo.

the rest of these guys are hacks and clowns so far as i am concerned.

lastly, this list of accomplishments is utterly laughable, especially this nugget:

Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 3rd Team in 2005-06, 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2011-12.
Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 2nd Team in 2009-10 and 2013-14.
Voted to the HoopsHype.com All-NBA 1st Team in 2012-13.

what a bunch of jerkoffs i swear LOL

I was joking as your a proven liar and like to comment on games you didnt watch, but Im glad you learned something from the exercise.

Looks like the world of pro sports is full of jerkoffs who cant see your views, and the world of sports forums is full of swine with an ax to grind with you. Or it could be this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

this is the second time you have accused me of lying. show me where i have done so-- and if it ends up being <crickets> and <bullfrogs> from then you REALLY need to STFU

realgm thread... its been posted. Also when you make stuff up? Thats a form of lying.

Your pattern is simple. Make up lies about Melo and spam the boards. Maybe you actually *ARE* Gallo. That would explain all the time you have on your hands, your hate for Melo and tfk's love of everything you do.

Notice Im not asking you stop. I find it entertaining. Doesnt add much but its pretty funny.

My favorite is when you and tfk get nostalgic and talk about the guys you have "mentally owned" in debates over there (before being kicked off). Its all good rooster.

i think you're referring to this that that towering intellect CrushAlot volunteered.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1178309&sid=416f4595df6794c344fc0c63d1f22e33&start=20

please do yourself a favor and point out exactly where i have been caught lying and by whom in that thread.

and please, if i am making stuff up, show me where i have ever done so.

you won't be able to do either.

you are just making stuff up.

you started a thread saying Melo doesnt guard Lebron in another attempt to spam your Melo hate. A few people posted video that clearly shows you didnt watch the game and were just spewing more of your vomit.

Funny how the Knick fans over there said the same things they do over here. You make stuff up. Dont watch. Post constant anti-Melo troll spam and have the social skills of a snapping turtle with herpes. Well.. they dont say that last part about the turtle... that came from me. Hey rooster... Im really sorry you got traded, hurt and have underperformed.

watch the video they posted-- it was basically lebron highlights with melo guarding him on maybe two possessions among those highlights. as i stated in that thread i watched that game-- i had no reason to lie then, just as i have no reason to lie now. that's the way the truth works.

and which knick fans are you referring to? the ones who are ignot=rant and can apparently be found on virtually any internet knick forum? funny how that works

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

7/31/2014  2:05 PM
fishmike wrote:

You're wrong. DK didn't get traded.....he got cut and is now on another team, hanging on for the vet minimum.

jrodmc
USA
7/31/2014  2:12 PM
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You're wrong. DK didn't get traded.....he got cut and is now on another team, hanging on for the vet minimum.

Wow, dkftfk, now you have 3 people making you look stupid, mr. towering intellect, better than the majority of paid professional sports writers, giant among NBA GM's, better than anything on ESPN, paradign of make believe athletic professionalism, economic social consciousness and team sport spirit...

You're right. Nobody makes you look stupid, dktfk.
You do that yourself better than anyone on here ever could or would. Kudos to ma and pa.

Bonn1997
USA
7/31/2014  2:18 PM
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Wow, dkftfk, now you have 3 people making you look stupid, mr. towering intellect, better than the majority of paid professional sports writers, giant among NBA GM's, better than anything on ESPN, paradign of make believe athletic professionalism, economic social consciousness and team sport spirit...

You do that yourself better than anyone on here ever could or would. Kudos to ma and pa.

Consensus doesn't always equal intelligence!
DK words things harshly and maybe he made a mistake about who Melo guarded in a game several years ago. He's been less off the mark than most here in the past few years, though, in the grand scheme of things. (And yes, I'm aware that Fish will provide an anti-homosexuality comment in response.)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/31/2014  2:21 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Nothing says I think "you're not playing the right way" like offering a $124 mil contract!
MDA already tried to get Melo to do less chucking and more distributing. Hopefully Phil has more power and the message actually gets through to Melo

I posted an explanation of what went wrong with Melo and MDA. MDA's system is really PG dominant and we didn't have a PG who could run it until Lin. Melo didn't like that and in my opinion he pouted and didn't really buy in.
Melo never really vibed with MDA on a deeper level and I think he resisted really going all out in what MDA was asking him to do early in that season. That was totally wrong IMO. I think Melo has matured a lot since then. After getting what he thought he wanted in Woody's ISO ball, I think he now knows that he can't do that and expect to go far.

Phil's Triangle is also team oriented like MDA's system but it's not PG dominated and that is the one key difference which I think makes it the PERFECT system for Melo. Since the ball in put in the hands of a forward or Center as a focal point of the offense, that will allow Melo to 1st look for cutting teammates or open shooters depending on what the defense does. He's able to call his own number when he is single covered or pass the ball and start the action over. He'll get the ball in the Pinch Post often, which is a 2 man game and he's been PROVEN to be excellent in the PnR.

Carmelo Anthony, as it so happens, is the best pick-and-roll scorer in the NBA.
That’s right, according to Synergy, no one scores more than Melo’s 1.12 PPP on these sets.

On high screen-and-rolls in particular, which almost always involve Tyson Chandler as the screener, Anthony is an absolute nightmare.

Just like the Heat like to let James receive the screen beyond the 3-point line to give him a head of steam with which to attack the screener’s defender, Anthony is at his best when the play starts far away from the rim. Centers don’t like to come out there, which means Anthony, after he’s run his defender off of the Chandler screen, often arrives at the free throw line with a one-on-one opportunity against the other team’s least agile defender.

Here’s where that tight dribble control comes to bear. Anthony’s hesitation and in-and-out dribbles freeze the defender just long enough for him to create a driving angle, and the same skills that make Anthony a great post player make him next to impossible to stop once he gets his shoulder past the help defender.

You won’t see Anthony punctuate his drives with high-flying dunks, but that’s partly because he loves to go up off of two feet, which reduces the height of his leap but fully leverages his tremendous strength. Even against a 7-footer, Anthony can create space to bank the ball in off the glass.

And because he’s so powerful, even if he misses he almost always takes the defender out of contention for the rebound. The majority of Anthony’s missed shots at the rim off of pick-and-rolls have stayed in the Knicks’ possession — including a few follow dunks from Tyson Chandler.

So basically this could be a great offense for Melo for multiple reasons. The off ball actions and his being in his spots and able to create easy looks for himself or a teammate. The way Woody was using Melo was actually not the most efficient even if Melo likes to work ISO. He can still get those looks but now in the flow of the offense which is designed to give him one on one opps, only not with everyone else just standing and watching. The other players have a role and keep on moving. Notice how player just keep moving after the post player gets the ball. There's always an outlet at the top and cutters, guys coming around screens on curls...

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/31/2014  2:22 PM
You guys are all losing it. Is it so hard to stick to basketball?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/31/2014  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2014  2:28 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

DK words things harshly and maybe he made a mistake about who Melo guarded in a game several years ago. He's been less off the mark than most here in the past few years, though, in the grand scheme of things. (And yes, I'm aware that Fish will provide an anti-homosexuality comment in response.)

Yea it's amazing how guys who have been more right get attacked on a personal level for talking basketball

dk7th
USA
7/31/2014  2:30 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

bonn there was NO mistake. i have no reason to lie. i said i watched it on video stream, which i did-- why would i lie about that? no reason to. melo did not guard james.

but guess what-- lets say melo did-- do you know that lebron james that game went 10-14 and 11-12 FT and had a 79.4TS%?

so if melo was guarding he really sucked at it, while getting shut down real bad.
and if melo was not guarding lebron, he should have been-- which was my point.

either way for the butt-munchers, i win.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/31/2014  2:33 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Is it really mistake if you allegedly didn't watch the game to say one way or another? There is a difference when you make a comment about a game you watch and say I do not remember something but to make a claim up out of thin air is more than a mistake wouldn't you say?

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/31/2014  2:41 PM
gunsnewing wrote:You guys are all losing it. Is it so hard to stick to basketball?

Hey I tried for the most part.

I think we know this thread was started to rip the flesh off of PG I guess.

Not sure how realgm relates to UK discussion

If we want to lay off Melo, let the fire die out instead of fanning the flames.

This thread was tailored made for an open sesame

If PG wants to take on a Kobe-Melo type mentality///// he'll be a 1 man wrecking crew against his team's success.

With that said, they are better than us as of now and they've proven it the past few yrs

Bonn1997
USA
7/31/2014  2:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2014  2:44 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Is it really mistake if you allegedly didn't watch the game to say one way or another? There is a difference when you make a comment about a game you watch and say I do not remember something but to make a claim up out of thin air is more than a mistake wouldn't you say?

Maybe he wasn't wrong. I'm reading the comments here and no one has unambiguously established that he was wrong (or right). That would require re-playing the whole game.
I'm not that invested in some comment he made on another forum years ago though. It looks like a personal vendetta. You have to admit it looks odd if not inappropriate to either be bookmarking or searching for posts a member here made years ago on outside forums.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/31/2014  2:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2014  2:55 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

FIRST of all it shows that people are truly reaching low when they are constantly referring to some trolls on another site to try to prove a point. No one here really knows what went on over there except the regular posters and as a former mod, this type behavior over there was rampant, I know.. classic example... someone would say, felton does not guard Hibbert and you will get some fool who will pull u a few clips in which felton was caught on a pick or switch and they will say.. SEE, you are a liar.. it is another distraction tactic when you are getting your azz handed to you in a debate which happened to a lot of posters over there who tried to attack dk.. and it is happening again.. right now.... just sad..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/31/2014  2:58 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Maybe he wasn't wrong. I'm reading the comments here and no one has unambiguously established that he was wrong (or right). That would require re-playing the whole game.
I'm not that invested in some comment he made on another forum years ago though. It looks like a personal vendetta. You have to admit it looks odd if not inappropriate to either be bookmarking or searching for posts a member here made years ago on outside forums.

It is a vendetta but unfortunately sometimes your history follows you. If you're calling out players on things you never saw and get caught people might have a hard time believing your motives. Like is it really that serious to stir up a board based on fabrications? Then if a person allegedly catches you doing the same years later on another board what does that say.

It is what it is though. All this back n forth from all sides is boring. A good Lock thread would be nice.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/31/2014  3:01 PM
There are a LOT of UK posters who just want to talk Basketball. Stick to the subject more often and we really don't have a problem. It can get a bit testy sometimes but for the most part we tend to stay on topic pretty well.

I thought the presence of Phil would make for a much more positive and future looking forum. His early moves has IMO been confidence boosting to say the least. Fish looked pretty good in SL as did our young prospects. Things are looking up with our cap in the future and the team is improved for this season as well. So I just can't understand the negativity or need to get distracted by silly arguments not having to do with this years Knicks team. There's so much to talk about for this year's Knicks team and next.

dk7th
USA
7/31/2014  3:03 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

It is a vendetta but unfortunately sometimes your history follows you. If you're calling out players on things you never saw and get caught people might have a hard time believing your motives. Like is it really that serious to stir up a board based on fabrications? Then if a person allegedly catches you doing the same years later on another board what does that say.

It is what it is though. All this back n forth from all sides is boring. A good Lock thread would be nice.

the only thing that follows me here from there is the unvarnished truth. and as you can see, there are a TON of posters there and here who simply cannot handle the truth.

nice try at spin but it won't work.

jrodmc
USA
7/31/2014  3:03 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Does reading comprehension count towards intelligence? Or only constantly nonsensically claiming the stuff in bold? He's done most of that in this thread alone.

Bonn, seriously, what type of fulfillment do you get for constantly acting as the pro bono public defender for these guys?

What's funny is, your boy won't even admit to being wrong. Not when it comes to Melo. Not when it comes to deriding other posters.
I guess never being wrong is a sign of insipient intelligence as well.

Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy