[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy
Author Thread
Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

7/30/2014  10:40 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:he's young. there's still hope for Paul George

Hope that he won't become Melo? Lol

Don't worry he doesn't have the offensive skillset

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

only $35mil more? Isn't it for like $90mil more for Melo?

George is a max player. Just for a lesser amount cause he's younger.

5 years/91 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

I could care less about Max labels.

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

He probably should be making what Harden is making at best $80mil.

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

That's impossible, don't be silly.

There's nothing silly about what I said.

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

Go look it up if you think I'm bluffing

The rookie scale is calculated by draft pick number. That's based on a number, what you're suggesting is purely subjective. How do you think it should be determined (in your hypothetical example) who gets the max? What determinants would be used to say this player is truly worth a Max and this one isn't?

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/30/2014  10:41 PM
feasting on weak eastern conference teams
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/30/2014  10:48 PM
gunsnewing wrote:offensively yes you are right but Paul is only 24. Melo was shooting Iverson percentages at his age

That's not exactly true but who cares. In honesty George should have had better percentages given his low usg and better 3pt shooting. It really shouldn't be close between them given their comparable ages.

If Paul George wants to be like those guys its up to him. He should have probably used Wade but he is a rival so I understand. If he does try to increase his shot attempts to 25 that's even above Kobe or Melo. Throw in the ft attempts and you have a lot of usg.

The real issue is not Melo vs George but George Vs. George. It is his poor way of thinking if he thinks increase attempts means better offense. His goal should to become a better shooter within the shots he already takes.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/30/2014  10:50 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:offensively yes you are right but Paul is only 24. Melo was shooting Iverson percentages at his age

That's not exactly true but who cares. In honesty George should have had better percentages given his low usg and better 3pt shooting. It really shouldn't be close between them given their comparable ages.

If Paul George wants to be like those guys its up to him. He should have probably used Wade but he is a rival so I understand. If he does try to increase his shot attempts to 25 that's even above Kobe or Melo. Throw in the ft attempts and you have a lot of usg.

The real issue is not Melo vs George but George Vs. George. It is his poor way of thinking if he thinks increase attempts means better offense. His goal should to become a better shooter within the shots he already takes.

Agreed. Still waiting for Melo to make that his goal too. There's still hope for Paul. Not so sure about Melo

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/30/2014  10:57 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Agreed. Still waiting for Melo to make that his goal too. There's still hope for Paul. Not so sure about Melo

Well he actually says it and has done it. He made himself into a devastating 3pt shooter. Is there hope for George? It's not like he is in an offense that will reduce his work load or has an coach that is a forward thinker. This season will be an interesting one for George. He has had some individual success, team success, and off the court turmoil. His star is bright right now and his team hasn't improved and is changing. Where will he go?

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/30/2014  10:58 PM
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

The rookie scale is calculated by draft pick number. That's based on a number, what you're suggesting is purely subjective. How do you think it should be determined (in your hypothetical example) who gets the max? What determinants would be used to say this player is truly worth a Max and this one isn't?

There's this wonderful tool I used to find this information.

I fired up another tab in my browser locating it on this thing called the internet

According to a memo NBPA Executive Director Billy Hunter sent to his Board of Directors, the tentative agreement between the NBPA and NBA included the following change for max salaries:

“Max Salary: A player finishing his rookie scale contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 30% of the Cap (up from 25%) if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA 2 times; an All-Star starter 2 times; or 1-time MVP.”

They need to add more language here as you graduate to the different levels of Max.

So 35% Max which comes in seasons 7-9 I believe could say something like

According to a memo NBPA Executive Director Billy Hunter sent to his Board of Directors, the tentative agreement between the NBPA and NBA included the following change for max salaries:

“Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

Every player can't be considered an absolute Max every time they're due up for a contract, just because they maintained status quo play.

F500ONE

7/30/2014  11:05 PM
It's the very reason Kevin Love signed a 4yr $60mil contract and Derrick Rose signed a 5yr $90mil contract.

There are qualifiers here for full max

Wish in the worse way we had an existing qualifier to invoke when paying Melo

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/30/2014  11:07 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

I fired up another tab in my browser locating it on this thing called the internet

“Max Salary: A player finishing his rookie scale contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 30% of the Cap (up from 25%) if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd or 3rd team All-NBA 2 times; an All-Star starter 2 times; or 1-time MVP.”

They need to add more language here as you graduate to the different levels of Max.

“Max Salary: A player finishing his last season of deal contract will be eligible to receive a maximum salary equal to 35% of the Cap if he signs with his prior team and is either: 1st, 2nd team All-NBA 4 times; an All-Star starter 4 times; or 1-time MVP; Made it Out Of The First Round of Playoffs 4 times; Been to 3 Conference Finals; Been to the Finals; Won a Championship; Led The League In Scoring in Back-to-Back Seasons; etc etc.”

Every player can't be considered an absolute Max every time they're due up for a contract, just because they maintained status quo play.

That is great information. Can you provide the link where you found that? On a side note, that sounds very ownership friendly coming from a guy that represents and negotiates for the players.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/30/2014  11:11 PM

He was? How dirty is that hat that you pull sh1t from?

Nobody has Iverson pctgs.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/30/2014  11:12 PM
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Yet, the owner of these rings disagrees with you

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/30/2014  11:13 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Yes, I think players like Kevin Love and Paul George are worth more than Carmelo BUT Melo is still worth the max. The amount of money he generates would probably take his salary into the +/-$50 million/yr range if there were no cap. With the cap, I think it's hard to justify the contract he got though. Just a grain of salt.

mreinman

7/30/2014  11:14 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Actions speak louder than words. Melo may not say what Paul said but he has no problems shooting 30% on 30 shots for his career in the playoffs

I highly doubt Paul will look to average Melo's 25 shot attempts this year but if he does you can bet he will shoot a higher percentage than Melo. He shoots well vs elite defensive teams. Melo shoots in the 30's vs the Chicago, Miami & Indiana's of the world

Melo shot 43% against the Bulls last season; 45% against the Heat; 44% against the the Pacers and 50% against the Spurs.....but if you say so.

Last year was the Melo show. What did he shoot the year before, when you know, the games mattered? And the team hadn;t completely circum to Melo

His TS was the same 56 vs 56.1. His WS48 was higher the year before too.

Stop these uncorroborated statements please. He has been quite efficient as a Knick.

mreinman

7/30/2014  11:16 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Actions speak louder than words. Melo may not say what Paul said but he has no problems shooting 30% on 30 shots for his career in the playoffs

I highly doubt Paul will look to average Melo's 25 shot attempts this year but if he does you can bet he will shoot a higher percentage than Melo. He shoots well vs elite defensive teams. Melo shoots in the 30's vs the Chicago, Miami & Indiana's of the world

Melo shot 43% against the Bulls last season; 45% against the Heat; 44% against the the Pacers and 50% against the Spurs.....but if you say so.

Last year was the Melo show. What did he shoot the year before, when you know, the games mattered? And the team hadn;t completely circum to Melo

Right, Melo was the problem last year and not the fact that we were one of the most injury-prone teams and filled with players averaging career worsts. Come on dude. It's kinda hard to **** on Melo's conversion ability with Paul George shooting 42% from the field last year. I'll admit that I rather have George because of his youth, contract and defensive abilities but offensively, I still think it's a wash in Melo's favor.

How can it be a wash in someones favor?

F500ONE

7/30/2014  11:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

That is great information. Can you provide the link where you found that? On a side note, that sounds very ownership friendly coming from a guy that represents and negotiates for the players.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one [Scroll Down]

When I said I wasn't bluffing I wasn't

Hey fisherman fishlips dude or whoever you are take notes.

When someone ask for links provide them

There's a reason the owners wanted this language in the new deal.

Dollars to Apple Fritters it gets modified again

My guess it was to prevent Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas type deals from taking place again

We have Derrick Rose Max, Kobe Max-Super Max

In the new deal I want to see 'No Melo Max'.

CrushAlot
USA
7/30/2014  11:21 PM
F500ONE, Martin and Andrew ask that you provide links when you quote a source. Thanks for te link. I like to read as much as I can about the cba.
F500ONE

7/30/2014  11:23 PM
Uptown wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Yet, the owner of these rings disagrees with you

You have the wrong owner

The owner of those rings presented 5 different contracts///// probably checkmate assessment on what he felt he was truly worth

When everything was agreed to, this owner came up smelling like roses

The only owner who matters to everyone, even now unfortunately

CrushAlot
USA
7/30/2014  11:27 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/CBA-111128/how-new-nba-deal-compares-last-one [Scroll Down]

When I said I wasn't bluffing I wasn't

Hey fisherman fishlips dude or whoever you are take notes.

When someone ask for links provide them

There's a reason the owners wanted this language in the new deal.

Dollars to Apple Fritters it gets modified again

My guess it was to prevent Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas type deals from taking place again

We have Derrick Rose Max, Kobe Max-Super Max

In the new deal I want to see 'No Melo Max'.

What you quoted isn't in the link you provided. I read up on this stuff. That is like insider info. Post the link to the Hunter memos please.
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

7/30/2014  11:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Already accomplished more in the playoffs in 4 short yrs than Melo has in 11yrs

Papabear Says

Did he make it to the finals yet?

Papabear
Dagger
Member: #4184

7/30/2014  11:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2014  11:51 PM
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

The stuff you added in the second "quote" is all circumstantial, personally I say it shouldn't matter whether or not a player has won a championship or not in determining whether they are worth a certain level max for example. None of those rules have been put into effect yet, from what I can tell based on the info you posted, and awards like 1st team or 2nd team all-nba etc. don't really seem like a great way to measure value when players can emerge at any time as stars in the right situation.

Essentially, what I believed you were saying is they should come up with a cutoff of which players can get any sort of max and which players cannot, now I see you were saying that there should be different cut-offs determining what type of max salary they can get. That makes more sense, but basing it off awards still seems far-fetched to me.

Also, leave the attitude at the door please. You want to make a point YOU look it up.

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

7/30/2014  11:45 PM
dk7th wrote:
fishmike wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Already accomplished more in the playoffs in 4 short yrs than Melo has in 11yrs
Yup. Your sleeping w tkf. It's official

although both tkf and gunsnewing are probably heterosexuals i am still pretty sure you are a homophobe... seems like you may have some "issues"

Papabear Says

Are you still a racist?

Papabear
Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy