[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy
Author Thread
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

7/30/2014  10:11 PM
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:he's young. there's still hope for Paul George

Hope that he won't become Melo? Lol

Don't worry he doesn't have the offensive skillset

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

yea but he melo

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
7/30/2014  10:12 PM
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Melo is in beast mode when he plays the Orlando Magic & Milwaukee Bucks

I don't know if you were watching round 1 of the playoffs but PG's offense was extremely shaky against a hawks team with mediocre defense. George still cannot generate his own shot anywhere near melo's level. If you want to say he is better all-around I can understand that, but George is still no offensive juggernaut and you can bet the pacers are going to be a run of the mill offense this season, at best, as currently constructed.

what i am hoping/expecting is that he emerges as an even better playmaker and that he makes best use of his passing instincts. in a strange way stephenson's presence actually forced paul george to be less of an offensive engine... which i had foreseen for george prior to stephenson's rather meteoric emergence.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/30/2014  10:13 PM
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

lolza we're paying $35mil more for a player who attempts 4 more FGA/gm, only averages 6ppg more, & 6yrs older than George

only $35mil more? Isn't it for like $90mil more for Melo?

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/30/2014  10:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

PG makes $89mil

Melo makes $124mil

The Math here is a Trickeration of Shennanigans

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/30/2014  10:15 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Actions speak louder than words. Melo may not say what Paul said but he has no problems shooting 30% on 30 shots for his career in the playoffs

I highly doubt Paul will look to average Melo's 25 shot attempts this year but if he does you can bet he will shoot a higher percentage than Melo. He shoots well vs elite defensive teams. Melo shoots in the 30's vs the Chicago, Miami & Indiana's of the world

Melo shot 43% against the Bulls last season; 45% against the Heat; 44% against the the Pacers and 50% against the Spurs.....but if you say so.

H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/30/2014  10:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2014  10:18 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

George is a max player. Just for a lesser amount cause he's younger.

5 years/91.5 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

gunsnewing
USA
7/30/2014  10:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2014  10:21 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Actions speak louder than words. Melo may not say what Paul said but he has no problems shooting 30% on 30 shots for his career in the playoffs

I highly doubt Paul will look to average Melo's 25 shot attempts this year but if he does you can bet he will shoot a higher percentage than Melo. He shoots well vs elite defensive teams. Melo shoots in the 30's vs the Chicago, Miami & Indiana's of the world

Melo shot 43% against the Bulls last season; 45% against the Heat; 44% against the the Pacers and 50% against the Spurs.....but if you say so.

Last year was the Melo show. What did he shoot the year before, when you know, the games mattered? And the team hadn;t completely circum to Melo

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/30/2014  10:20 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

5 years/91.5 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

Yeah. This is annoying. The Gus posting this stuff know how the cba is set up.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE

7/30/2014  10:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2014  10:23 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

5 years/91 million. I believe it's the most he could get at his age, etc.

I could care less about Max labels.

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

He probably should be making what Harden is making at best $80mil.

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/30/2014  10:24 PM
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Melo should not be paid more than the Blake's PG's Rose's Westbrook's of the NBA

It's one thing I hope the new CBA establishes with definitive language who qualifies as Max talents

Not caring doesn't make the cba or how the league is set up not a reality. A lot of teams wanted to pay Melo the max. The guy with 13 rings signed him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Dagger
Member: #4184

7/30/2014  10:25 PM
dk7th wrote:
Dagger wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Melo is in beast mode when he plays the Orlando Magic & Milwaukee Bucks

I don't know if you were watching round 1 of the playoffs but PG's offense was extremely shaky against a hawks team with mediocre defense. George still cannot generate his own shot anywhere near melo's level. If you want to say he is better all-around I can understand that, but George is still no offensive juggernaut and you can bet the pacers are going to be a run of the mill offense this season, at best, as currently constructed.

what i am hoping/expecting is that he emerges as an even better playmaker and that he makes best use of his passing instincts. in a strange way stephenson's presence actually forced paul george to be less of an offensive engine... which i had foreseen for george prior to stephenson's rather meteoric emergence.

This will certainly be an interesting year for him. As you said , he can emerge as a superior playmaker and take his scoring to the next level or he may find the pressure of the centerpiece role too much to bear. He puts up nice all-around stats and it's easy to appreciate a player that plays tight defense, but he doesn't have Stephenson to pick him up when he falls down anymore. I can just as easily see him taking huge steps forward into that superstar echelon as I can imagine him regressing as he develops bad/chucking habits and his true offensive limitations are exposed. At the moment, I'm not buying the snake oil, but we shall see.

Dagger
Member: #4184

7/30/2014  10:27 PM
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Especially after he's already made 2 Max worthy contracts///// Denver and our extension

That's impossible, don't be silly.

NardDogNation

7/30/2014  10:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Last year was the Melo show. What did he shoot the year before, when you know, the games mattered? And the team hadn;t completely circum to Melo

Right, Melo was the problem last year and not the fact that we were one of the most injury-prone teams and filled with players averaging career worsts. Come on dude. It's kinda hard to **** on Melo's conversion ability with Paul George shooting 42% from the field last year. I'll admit that I rather have George because of his youth, contract and defensive abilities but offensively, I still think it's a wash in Melo's favor.

gunsnewing
USA
7/30/2014  10:28 PM
Then we agree
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/30/2014  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2014  10:32 PM
Uptown wrote:If George were a Knick we'd tear him a part for being a selfish SOB. But he's on the opposition so we'll praise him for stepping up and being an assassin...

at least we would get some passing and great defense out of him.... I could live with that if you plan on jacking up 20+ shots a game... try living with 25 shots a game, no passing, no defense and low iq ball play...

But as FS said, looks like PG is taking losing lance as a challenge to step up his game.... so we will see...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
F500ONE

7/30/2014  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2014  10:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

Not caring doesn't make the cba or how the league is set up not a reality. A lot of teams wanted to pay Melo the max. The guy with 13 rings signed him.

Very Questionable statement in bold

Melo's Max was 5yrs $129mil from us

Melo's Max was 4yrs $97mil from others

Chicago offered 4yrs $73mil[More than likely the correct value for him] They did not clear any further room to make a richer offer

Dallas Cuban offered 4yrs $75mil[More than likely the correct value for him] They had room for a full max offer

Houston offered 4yrs $88mil

Lakers offered 4yrs $97mil

Knicks 13 rings asked him to take a paycut which is a qualifier to say he's truly not worth Max but felt forced to pay him

Keeping it 110% Lakers are the only team who offered him a full Max deal

gunsnewing
USA
7/30/2014  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/30/2014  10:32 PM
exactly tkf
NardDogNation

7/30/2014  10:32 PM
Dagger wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Dagger wrote:

This will certainly be an interesting year for him. As you said , he can emerge as a superior playmaker and take his scoring to the next level or he may find the pressure of the centerpiece role too much to bear. He puts up nice all-around stats and it's easy to appreciate a player that plays tight defense, but he doesn't have Stephenson to pick him up when he falls down anymore. I can just as easily see him taking huge steps forward into that superstar echelon as I can imagine him regressing as he develops bad/chucking habits and his true offensive limitations are exposed. At the moment, I'm not buying the snake oil, but we shall see.

I think that Stephenson was more responsible for George's falls, than George himself. Stephenson had a tendency to dominate the ball, which took many of the Pacers out of their rhythm including Roy Hibbert. I think there's a good chance we see George solidify himself as an elite player next year with him being the primary ballhandler for the Pacers next season.

F500ONE

7/30/2014  10:33 PM
Dagger wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
Dagger wrote:

lolz

That's impossible, don't be silly.

There's nothing silly about what I said.

There's language in the NBA currently defining Rookie Scale Max///// often referred to as Derrick Rose Max

Go look it up if you think I'm bluffing

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/30/2014  10:40 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

When he games mattered, Melo finished in the top 5 for the MVP voting.

Paul George, "I got to get back to that old Kobe, T-Mac 25 shots a night kind of guy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy