[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This is ridiculous
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/29/2014  7:10 PM
LAS VEGAS – Things aren’t looking good when it comes to negotiations between the Phoenix Suns and their restricted free agent star guard Eric Bledsoe.

According to league sources, an “ominous development” has arisen with sides still “very far apart” in contract negotiations. It has even escalated to the point where the “relationship is on the express lane to being ruined,” a source with knowledge of the situation informed CSNNW.com.

The Suns offered Bledsoe a four-year, $48 million deal with declining salaries each year, two sources said. That proposal was quickly turned down. Bledsoe’s camp is putting a max price tag on the player Suns Head Coach Jeff Hornacek called “a Top-10 player in the NBA in coming years”, another source said.

Phoenix has made it known publicly and repeatedly that they intend to match any offer sheets competitors issue out to Bledsoe. This tactic has succeeded in scaring away any potential suitors so far. However, the effort by the Suns to undermine Bledsoe’s market is what has angered Bledsoe and his reps and led to a standoff in which the relationship is now on the verge of being irreparable, we’re told.

Other teams that are/were in the process of dealing with their own restricted free agents (Utah, Detroit, Houston) chose not to use the public scare tactics this summer, another factor that has Bledsoe feeling chilly at the thought of a return to the desert, a source said.

Bledsoe, 24, just came off of a breakout season after being traded to the Suns as he posted numbers of 17.7 points, 4.7 rebounds, 5.5 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game. The athletic guard, considered by some to be one of the most dominant defensive guards in the NBA, has kept quiet for the most part during this free agency period though recently he voiced his displeasure with how the Suns are attacking his restricted free agency.

Only time will tell what transpires from here, but as of now, it is at an increasingly ugly stage.

Why not just chill out with the suns and become a unrestricted FA next yr (when the knicks can sign you)?

Why are the Suns stopping him from getting paid, and low balling him on an extension?

Why are the suns front loading an offer to a 24 yr old like he's on the decline ?

Is bledsoe officially considered INJURY PRONE, Suns seem to know how to handle (see amare) those type of players when coming to contract extensions.

ES
AUTOADVERT
Dagger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4184

7/29/2014  7:15 PM
They gave him a big offer, he's certainly not a Max player, I don't really see the problem.
mreinman
Member: #3189

7/29/2014  7:53 PM
Is he worth more than Lowry? No way!!!
so here is what phil is thinking ....
knicks1248
7/29/2014  7:56 PM
mreinman wrote:Is he worth more than Lowry? No way!!!

lowry doesn't have dragic to deal with, he's in a situation where they have an equal talent on their roster playing the same position.

Why don't they do a S&T

ES
mreinman

7/29/2014  8:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

lowry doesn't have dragic to deal with, he's in a situation where they have an equal talent on their roster playing the same position.

Why don't they do a S&T

That makes Bledsoe worth even less than Lowry.

This is a typical case where agents are fukking up a kids life by feeding him bullsh1t.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/29/2014  8:22 PM

Yeah, but he's younger and has more perceived upside. The fact that Parsons and Hayward got max deals probably helps to harden Bledsoes stance.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
mreinman

7/29/2014  8:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Yeah, but he's younger and has more perceived upside. The fact that Parsons and Hayward got max deals probably helps to harden Bledsoes stance.

I don't know how he has more upside than Lowry. Lowry had a phenomenal season and playoffs and he is still young as well. I take Lowry over bledsoe any day. Bledsoe is not even close and paying him crazy money on pure speculation is just plain stupid. The guy had one "pretty" solid season what has he done to earn the $$? Nothing yet.

BigDaddyG

7/29/2014  8:50 PM
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I don't know how he has more upside than Lowry. Lowry had a phenomenal season and playoffs and he is still young as well. I take Lowry over bledsoe any day. Bledsoe is not even close and paying him crazy money on pure speculation is just plain stupid. The guy had one "pretty" solid season what has he done to earn the $$? Nothing yet.

I'm not sure I agree about taking Lowry over Bledsoe any day. I expect Lowry to regress some next season. But I agree that he's not three to four million dollars better than Lowry. He should sign a one year deal and prove it. But I can see things from his agent's view point. If Chandler and Hayward get max deals, then my guy should too.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
7/29/2014  8:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Problem is, no one but Philly HAS max cap space left.

Besides Bledsoe seems to be injured quite often, his best bet is to take that offer the Suns have, if its still available, as he is not a max player regardless of who got max deals.

mreinman

7/29/2014  9:06 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I'm not sure I agree about taking Lowry over Bledsoe any day. I expect Lowry to regress some next season. But I agree that he's not three to four million dollars better than Lowry. He should sign a one year deal and prove it. But I can see things from his agent's view point. If Chandler and Hayward get max deals, then my guy should too.

So the expectation is for Lowry to get much worse and Bledsoe to get much better? That is the only way its even close. And why would you expect that over the next 4 years?

Was does Bledsoe do better than Lowry? Its really not close, check out their numbers.

knicks1248
7/29/2014  9:15 PM
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

So the expectation is for Lowry to get much worse and Bledsoe to get much better? That is the only way its even close. And why would you expect that over the next 4 years?

Was does Bledsoe do better than Lowry? Its really not close, check out their numbers.

Lowry had his best season in his contract yr, why does that sound so familiar.

ES
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/29/2014  9:23 PM
greedy bastard!

the agent is an idiot--i dont think you cause problems like that. see if you can get a few million more OR a 5th year and an eto after 3. get a deal done without the bashing. hes not getting a max deal and if he plays it out hes risking injury for a LOT of money.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Member: #4234

7/29/2014  9:25 PM
yeah i don9t get it..hes an overated injury prone 2G trapped in a PG body
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
mreinman

7/29/2014  9:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Lowry had his best season in his contract yr, why does that sound so familiar.

It has been all about opportunity for him. He has always been very efficient and produced at a high level when given the chance. Can't say the same about Bledsoe.

Again, the numbers tell the story.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/29/2014  9:38 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Why don't they do a S&T

This is what I was saying in the thread I made about Bledsoe. Phoenix already had Dragic plus they went out and signed Isaiah Thomas who is a dam good player himself. So what do they even need Bledsoe?

They need shooting guards. Knicks have too many. There has to be a deal here somewhere. Knicks have Calderón but he can't really defend his position. Bledsoe takes care of that.

Something had got to give. Even if it's not Bledsoe coming here. This cat and mouse game looks bad for the team and the player.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/29/2014  10:06 PM
What could the “ominous development” be?

Please. The player and agent should Stop whining and posturing through the media. The guy had one good season. Play another season at the QO and become unrestricted.

Getting offered what Lowry got was not lowballing.

mreinman

7/29/2014  10:33 PM
Caseloads wrote:What could the “ominous development” be?

Please. The player and agent should Stop whining and posturing through the media. The guy had one good season. Play another season at the QO and become unrestricted.

exactly. It was a great offer but the idiot agents get in the way and convince the player how great he is.

And, his season was good and very far from anything special.

BigDaddyG

7/29/2014  10:36 PM
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Not saying Lowry will get much worse, but he is 28 and looks like a possible fluke year guy. http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=3674796&src=desktop
Bledsoe is 24 and had a good season playing his first time as a starter. He played more efficiently than Lowry at the same age.
BigDaddyG

7/29/2014  10:38 PM

I agree. Lowry needs to suck it up, play his but off next year for the QO and prove he's a max guy.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/30/2014  12:10 AM

Had 1 season where he averaged double figures in points, 1 season where he played more than 23 MPG, and in a 4 year career, he has basically missed an entire season of games because of injury. Not exactly Max contract material, IMO.

You can make a case that being offered Lowry money was not lowballing, but rather an offer that was too high for a player who has simply not played enough or done enough to warrant such a contract.

You can also make a case that Isaiah Thomas has done more in his career to earn a Max contract than Bledsoe, and he is on the court more often. He also has a position, and is not in the Bledsoe quandary of having, as somebody said, a SG mentality in a PG body.

Not sure why Phoenix has manufactured a PG glut, but going after Thomas indicates to me that the Suns expect to trade either Dragic or Bledsoe at some point during the season.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
This is ridiculous

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy