knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/29/2014  1:40 AM
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:I hope some GM is lurking this board///// falls in love with this Youtube clip makes Phil and offer he can't refuse.

I wonder how come we haven't heard any extension talk with Shumpert

I don't see him taking his QO.

His cap hold is probably higher therefore I want him gone as soon as possible so Timmy can properly develop

I dont see the Knicks exentending it. Not with $25mm + in cap space. Most likely he's gone first

I see value in letting things play out

That's what common sense would indicate

Shumpert's value will not increase into a lottery pick, no matter what happens

then what exactly does this mean?

ES
AUTOADVERT
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

7/29/2014  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/29/2014  9:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:I hope some GM is lurking this board///// falls in love with this Youtube clip makes Phil and offer he can't refuse.

His cap hold is probably higher therefore I want him gone as soon as possible so Timmy can properly develop

I dont see the Knicks exentending it. Not with $25mm + in cap space. Most likely he's gone first

Shump's trade value is currently outside of the lottery picks 1-14

Shump's trade value is potentially sitting somewhere between picks 20-30

OKC offered 1 of their first at past season deadline, but pulled offer off table

Phil tried to trade into the 1st round this summer and he was targeting a trade with OKC again

They had pick 21 and pick 29, no trade transpired

With the logjam at guard as Phil and co have suggested////

Shump won't play enough minutes or have a significant enough a role to increase to lottery value

We want to trade any of Shump-Smith-Larkin.

Don't you think if any team were offering us a lottery pick for either, they'd be gone

Make a mental note

Larkin was pick 18th in the 2013 draft, Shumpert was pick 17 of the 2011 draft

Their value will not increase higher than this, currently sits lower

The key is to not have their value dip into 2nd round territory

knicks1248
7/29/2014  9:22 AM
F500ONE wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

OKC offered 1 of their first at past season deadline, but pulled offer off table

Phil tried to trade into the 1st round this summer and he was targeting a trade with OKC again

Shump won't play enough minutes or have a significant enough a role to increase to lottery value

Don't you think if any team were offering us a lottery pick for either, they'd be gone

Make a mental note

The only reason they pulled the deal of the table was because he got injured (only missed 5 games). I agree the minutes will be suspect, but the knicks have never had a healthy roster for more than a week at a time, so I'm sure he'll have his opportunity.

ES
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/29/2014  9:24 AM
I'm not worried about Shump not getting playing time. It's only a matter of time before JR is suspended again and THJ needs to work on his D
F500ONE

7/29/2014  9:49 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I'm not worried about Shump not getting playing time. It's only a matter of time before JR is suspended again and THJ needs to work on his D

So "In Phil You Don't Trust"

The triangle is a system offense only and Fisher through Phil proxy can't improve player's ability to play other side of the ball

Don't you want Phil to reach at least 2 of 3 instead of 1 of 3?

All I want, do what's in the best interest of this franchise and not any 1 particular player regardless of what their current personal circumstance is

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
7/29/2014  5:35 PM
Trading him now would be silly. The only thing Shumpert can do is play himself into a Knick for a long time, or play into a trade worthy player.

He's at his lowest point....suspect defense and inconsistent offense.

knicks1248
7/29/2014  6:08 PM
knickscity wrote:Trading him now would be silly. The only thing Shumpert can do is play himself into a Knick for a long time, or play into a trade worthy player.

He's at his lowest point....suspect defense and inconsistent offense.

what you have to always keep in mind is, in his 3 season as a pro, the best season he had was his first, then he got injured and woodson took over. It's been down hill ever since..WOODSON IS GONE.

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/29/2014  6:19 PM
Just looking at all the video and pics Shump's posted it's clear he's feeling good and has his swagger back. After last year when Woody was messing with his head. Phil spoke to Shump and i'm sure he pumped him up. Phil had those positive things to say to Shump during last season when Shump had a good performance. I think he feels he can do much better under Phil and Fish.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/29/2014  7:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Make a mental note

The only reason they pulled the deal of the table was because he got injured (only missed 5 games). I agree the minutes will be suspect, but the knicks have never had a healthy roster for more than a week at a time, so I'm sure he'll have his opportunity.

Do we know for sure that OKC pulled the offer, and not the Knicks? Not sure I remember anything being definitively said about this, but then again I'm getting old and losing my memory. If there was some indication of them pulling back the offer, then my theory is wrong, but...

...What if we had agreed to a swap of Shumpert(and maybe #34) for one of their picks pending the availability of this or that player we wanted BEING available and certain players OKC was hoping for NOT being available at the agreed upon pick#.

This theory would fit if we had tentatively agreed to take their #29, hoping to get Hairston, for instance, who was picked at #26. What OKC is trying to do with the guy they took at #29, Josh Huestis, makes me wonder even more if they weren't trying to trade off #29, since they seem to be treating him like a second round pick or a foreign born draft and stash player so they don't have to pay him.

Just a thought.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

7/29/2014  7:08 PM
nixluva wrote:Just looking at all the video and pics Shump's posted it's clear he's feeling good and has his swagger back. After last year when Woody was messing with his head. Phil spoke to Shump and i'm sure he pumped him up. Phil had those positive things to say to Shump during last season when Shump had a good performance. I think he feels he can do much better under Phil and Fish.

Love the positive vibes, but you want to see Shumpert play with confidence against actual competition, and in a system where he is not controlling the game as the top dog on the court, which he seemed to be in the video.

I'm begging for his play to prove me wrong and the UK populace to shove his success in my face, but I wonder how he will perform in the Triangle, and fear that he'll lack the consistency Jackson and Fisher are looking for in the SG position.

At the very least he has to show the kind of D he played as a rookie. Last year was a step back.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
F500ONE

7/29/2014  7:36 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Make a mental note

Do we know for sure that OKC pulled the offer, and not the Knicks? Not sure I remember anything being definitively said about this, but then again I'm getting old and losing my memory. If there was some indication of them pulling back the offer, then my theory is wrong, but...

My error we didn't take the deal because we wanted a little more and were trying to get a better deal with Clippers.

OKC also moved on after we said no, Iman's injury did not deter their interest in him

Once season concluded we tried to trade with them during the summer and they showed no real interest.

It wouldn't have mattered who declined as I'm trying to prove point in value changing for Shumpert

In OKC's case it declined.

Clippers were the team who pulled back due to his injury.

Trade offer was Shumpert-Felton-Beno for Collison-Barnes-Mullen-2 2nd round picks

What makes it so frustrating we were playing him while in trade discussions.

If Phil was operating in stealth mode not sure how this didn't get communicated to the team to sit him by him.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/29/2014  7:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/29/2014  7:53 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:Just looking at all the video and pics Shump's posted it's clear he's feeling good and has his swagger back. After last year when Woody was messing with his head. Phil spoke to Shump and i'm sure he pumped him up. Phil had those positive things to say to Shump during last season when Shump had a good performance. I think he feels he can do much better under Phil and Fish.

Love the positive vibes, but you want to see Shumpert play with confidence against actual competition, and in a system where he is not controlling the game as the top dog on the court, which he seemed to be in the video.

I'm begging for his play to prove me wrong and the UK populace to shove his success in my face, but I wonder how he will perform in the Triangle, and fear that he'll lack the consistency Jackson and Fisher are looking for in the SG position.

At the very least he has to show the kind of D he played as a rookie. Last year was a step back.

Was last year really a step back defensively? When knucklehead Woodson finally moved him back to SG guarding the perimeter, probably on a mandate from Phil, he was phenomenal defensively

WaltLongmire

7/29/2014  9:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/29/2014  9:22 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Was last year really a step back defensively? When knucklehead Woodson finally moved him back to SG guarding the perimeter, probably on a mandate from Phil, he was phenomenal defensively

Not sure Woodson had much choice at SF last year if Anthony had to play PF. Smith or Shumpert were our best options, I guess.
Defense is going to take a little hit if Anthony has to play SF on D, although I guess his shoulders should be better.

Recalled some foolish fouls and him getting beat off the dribble more than I expected, but this is my perception, and on defense, I hold him to a higher standard.

I am actually not that worried about him defensively- more concerned about his consistency on offense. He's had moments as a 3 pt shooter, but Fisher is not going to let him stand around in a corner waiting for a pass, and Shump can be very awkward going to the basket if he does not have a clear path dunk, and I wonder about his midrange shot.

Hopefully he has tidied up his game and is in great shape.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/30/2014  12:27 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Not sure Woodson had much choice at SF last year if Anthony had to play PF. Smith or Shumpert were our best options, I guess.
Defense is going to take a little hit if Anthony has to play SF on D, although I guess his shoulders should be better.

Recalled some foolish fouls and him getting beat off the dribble more than I expected, but this is my perception, and on defense, I hold him to a higher standard.

I am actually not that worried about him defensively- more concerned about his consistency on offense. He's had moments as a 3 pt shooter, but Fisher is not going to let him stand around in a corner waiting for a pass, and Shump can be very awkward going to the basket if he does not have a clear path dunk, and I wonder about his midrange shot.

Hopefully he has tidied up his game and is in great shape.

This is why people post videos. So you can see that Shump is in great shape and has worked on his game. He isn't being hesitant and is attacking the basket or getting space to take the jumper. He won't have to work that hard all the time in the Triangle. The cuts will be there for him. He has to learn to take what is given in this offense. I have faith that he'll do that. This isn't an offense that will leave players without options. It may take some time to master the offense but the more these players work in it, the better they'll get at executing and reacting quickly to what the defense gives them.

IMO Shump is better than he's been able to show so far. I think this is the year he'll put it all together. A full summer of work on his game and conditioning. A better coach and team oriented system that should make things easier for him to use his talent. If he's not traded I expect he'll have a good season here.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/30/2014  1:51 AM
I believe in Shump when he starts actually scoring at the rim at a high level like someone with his athleticism should. All the talk about Shump guarding 3s is crazy to me because there are 2 guards that are matched up against 3s all the time. Also it was not just about him guarding 3s it was the mental lapses when he was guarding a 1,2, or 3. It started the first game and continued throughout the year. I hope Fisher can get him to be a smarter defender and not an on ball specialist. I'm rooting for him but I am not giving him a pass for his subpar play all last season.
Iman Shumpert: the summer mixtapes legend

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy