Iman Shumpert: the summer mixtapes legend
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/28/2014  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2014  1:13 PM

reminds me of the NBA lockout mixtapes.

If he could just play like this for the knicks every night that would be great

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/28/2014  2:10 PM
Shump should get the back up sf slot we ll have good competition for pt that is a good thing
RIP Crushalot😞
F500ONE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5844

7/28/2014  2:24 PM
I hope some GM is lurking this board///// falls in love with this Youtube clip makes Phil and offer he can't refuse.

I wonder how come we haven't heard any extension talk with Shumpert

I don't see him taking his QO.

His cap hold is probably higher therefore I want him gone as soon as possible so Timmy can properly develop

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/28/2014  3:16 PM
F500ONE wrote:I hope some GM is lurking this board///// falls in love with this Youtube clip makes Phil and offer he can't refuse.

His cap hold is probably higher therefore I want him gone as soon as possible so Timmy can properly develop

I dont see the Knicks exentending it. Not with $25mm + in cap space. Most likely he's gone first
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/28/2014  3:21 PM
fishmike wrote:
F500ONE wrote:I hope some GM is lurking this board///// falls in love with this Youtube clip makes Phil and offer he can't refuse.

I dont see the Knicks exentending it. Not with $25mm + in cap space. Most likely he's gone first

I see value in letting things play out
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/28/2014  3:36 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

That's what common sense would indicate

F500ONE

7/28/2014  4:38 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:

That's what common sense would indicate

I see value in getting value for players while they have value.

Shumpert's value will not increase into a lottery pick, no matter what happens

Meanwhile if we wait too long trying to juggle balls between Smith-Shump-Hardaway even Early to an extent//// values could plummet lost in the shuffle.

Common sense can surface knowing when to cut bait

gunsnewing
USA
7/28/2014  5:14 PM
And if Shumpert plays great on both ends in this system you trade jr and have THJ as 6th man. Resign Shumpert at a bargain price. You have his rights
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/28/2014  5:38 PM
Can't understand the impatience of some fans who know full well what Shump has had stunting his development. He's yet to have a summer like this one where he can get a full summer of working on his game and conditioning. The guys bashing him or doubting him have no idea what he could be like after a real summer of working on his game without the health issues of the past. I want to see what the kid can do before we just assume he's not going put it all together. He's our own player. Why should we be in a hurry to let him go?
F500ONE

7/28/2014  6:44 PM
gunsnewing wrote:And if Shumpert plays great on both ends in this system you trade jr and have THJ as 6th man. Resign Shumpert at a bargain price. You have his rights

We can't trade J.R. while you're trying to get the most out of Shumpert and Timster.

Where is the minutes/production breakdown gewing where we trade Smith

We want to trade Smith now and can't without giving up something more.

The key is to dump whatever Shump's cap hit is or Smith's guaranteed salary come 2015

Smith probably needs to play half a season as a starter/heavy minutes player in order to trade him straight up, and he has to play well.

I haven't seen any team in this league in yrs//// play 3 similar positioned players in efforts to dump one maximizing their value

gunsnewing
USA
7/28/2014  7:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2014  7:20 PM
Which goes back to why did we resign JR last year and for 4yrs into 2016!!

This organiztion sucks. I was vehemently against resigning JR even if he played for free. On top of that we had to endure his bastard brother and all the other distractions!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/28/2014  7:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2014  7:26 PM
Was that Antoine walker sitting on the bench earlier in the clip?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/28/2014  7:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Was that Antoine walker sitting on the bench earlier in the clip?

It is. I just saw something saying he is coaching there.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE

7/28/2014  7:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2014  7:54 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Which goes back to why did we resign JR last year and for 4yrs into 2016!!

This organiztion sucks. I was vehemently against resigning JR even if he played for free. On top of that we had to endure his bastard brother and all the other distractions!!

If you play Shump and THJR heavy minutes Smith is locked up sunk value.

He won't opt out because no team will commit long term salary to him 3rd in rotation

Amar'e and Bargs have shown Smith the way to opting in, when knowing future funds aren't on the horizon

I'd personally play THJR at the 3 until Dec 15th, have Smith start and Shump back him up

Trade Shump after Dec 15th move Smith to the bench and start THJR at the 2.

Bring Mr. Clean off the bench to back up Melo at the 3

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/28/2014  8:00 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Which goes back to why did we resign JR last year and for 4yrs into 2016!!

Now, Now... remember that was the PRE ZEN KNICKS. You have to let it go. We have new management now and tho Phil is stuck with some of the bad decisions in the past, he's not likely to make the same kind of poor decisions. Some may disagree with his moves so far but I think he's seeing clearly and has a real vision for this team and what he wants the team to be. Can't say for sure how JR or Shump fits into his overall plans. It's gonna be interesting to see.

One thing about JR. A focused JR in a proven system like the Triangle could be the best JR we've ever seen. If they can get JR taking shots on catch and shoot within the flow of the system he's a different player. Same goes for Shump and Melo. If we get Playoffs Shump and Olympic Melo that is what we want to see. Shump flashed and showed some of the promise he has but this system is a better fit for him IMO. Shump will be put in the situation to make back cuts and slash to the basket and take open jumpers from 3. I wanna see how he responds to this new situation.

F500ONE

7/28/2014  8:05 PM
nixluva wrote:

Now, Now... remember that was the PRE ZEN KNICKS. You have to let it go. We have new management now and tho Phil is stuck with some of the bad decisions in the past, he's not likely to make the same kind of poor decisions. Some may disagree with his moves so far but I think he's seeing clearly and has a real vision for this team and what he wants the team to be. Can't say for sure how JR or Shump fits into his overall plans. It's gonna be interesting to see.

One thing about JR. A focused JR in a proven system like the Triangle could be the best JR we've ever seen. If they can get JR taking shots on catch and shoot within the flow of the system he's a different player. Same goes for Shump and Melo. If we get Playoffs Shump and Olympic Melo that is what we want to see. Shump flashed and showed some of the promise he has but this system is a better fit for him IMO. Shump will be put in the situation to make back cuts and slash to the basket and take open jumpers from 3. I wanna see how he responds to this new situation.

You have 3 guards and 48min.

Provide a realistic minutes breakdown, increasing or maintaining value in each player

How many minutes does Shumpert play_____Answer there

How many minutes does Smith play_____Answer there

How many minutes does THJR play_____Answer there

alwaysaknick
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #5711

7/28/2014  9:24 PM
highlight is always nice.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/28/2014  9:26 PM
JR Smith is the obvious guy to trade away....but what team would want him? Dallas? I can see him working with Cuban....I would have said the Lakers but Byron Scott benched him in New Orleans and wanted to literally kick his ass back in those days. The Bucks because Kidd is there? But I would think he would like OJ Mayo

I can't see any other team taking a chance on this guy.

This is why Shump is a candidate to trade....you simply can't have him at small fwd....even in this summer clip, he's displaying natural guard skills. He should be playing guard not trying to play small fwd. Teams like Shumpert still even though he has been terrible so far. He's 23 now, but he can still make strides or he is who he is at this point.

What annoys me about this never ending argument is some of you guys care more about Shumpert than you do the Knicks. Shumpert can go and become Michael Jordan for another team...as a Knick he has been an injury prone, limited, inconsistent role player....the potential tag and this defensive stalwart stuff is bullcrap. The knicks need to make this team better......plus the financial point about saving salary with his qualifying offer coming up. He needs to go....we have JR and THJr...wwe have wellington and danthay jones waiting on the bubble to sign with the team. Go knicks

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/28/2014  9:37 PM
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Provide a realistic minutes breakdown, increasing or maintaining value in each player

Your trade ideas are setting the franchise back, your ready to dump players like you can replace them with a snap of the finger.

You said "YOUR NEVER GOING TO GET A FIRST ROUND PICK FOR SHUMP NO MATTER WHAT" so it doesn't matter if he plays well above anyones expectations, he won't be worth a 1st rnd pick. Thats where you lost credibility, what that says to me is that I don't want you here no matter how good you play.

It's the same way those other 2 posters( I won't say names) hate melo, Melo could have donated his entire salary to charity, and they would still have a problem with the charity he's given it to.

When your so eager to dump a player, your judgement becomes cloudy, be patient, and make the right move at the right time.

ES
F500ONE

7/28/2014  10:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/28/2014  10:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Your trade ideas are setting the franchise back, your ready to dump players like you can replace them with a snap of the finger.

You said "YOUR NEVER GOING TO GET A FIRST ROUND PICK FOR SHUMP NO MATTER WHAT" so it doesn't matter if he plays well above anyones expectations, he won't be worth a 1st rnd pick. Thats where you lost credibility, what that says to me is that I don't want you here no matter how good you play.

It's the same way those other 2 posters( I won't say names) hate melo, Melo could have donated his entire salary to charity, and they would still have a problem with the charity he's given it to.

When your so eager to dump a player, your judgement becomes cloudy, be patient, and make the right move at the right time.

I said you're not going to get a "lottery pick" for Shump, big difference.

Essentially it boils down to not increasing his value from a lower first into the lottery, not gonna happen

Teams have offered us 1st rounders for him, so take it and find equal or greater talent with little to no cap hit

So care to provide a minutes breakdown on their playing time?

For the record I'm okay with holding on to THJR, I want to properly develop him

I don't want to see him yo-yo'd in an out of the game, so we can shuffle Shump and J.R. in?

So how many minutes do they each receive from the 48

Iman Shumpert: the summer mixtapes legend

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy