[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Begley: Source says Knicks open to dealing Shump, JR, Larking
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/20/2014  9:12 PM
VCoug wrote:I don't understand this:

Tim Hardaway Jr. has been deemed virtually untouchable, per a source.

THJr had a decent rookie year but nothing to really celebrate. He showed a decent touch on wide open 3s, and he was much better than Shumpert, and that he's good in transition. In literally every other aspect of the game he ranges from bad to godawful. Unless he develops an ability to pass the ball effectively and/or improves his defense from non-existent to bad I don't think he has much of a future. If anything, we should be looking to move him because his value is likely never to be higher.

Can't judge Hardaway Jr to critical as last season(his rookie yr) was horrible all around. He is under a rookie scale contract so it would be worth it to see his game evolve with a full year under the triangle and with Fisher & Phil behind him. There is really no reason to move him unless blown away by the offer. He seems like a kid with his head on straight and only focused on basketball as well. Could be groomed into a consistent glue type of guy.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/20/2014  9:43 PM
I hope Larkin gets a shot, maybe this last game put him over the top. What impresses me about him is how well he anticipates on both ends of the floor. The last game Larkin seemed a move or two ahead everyone of else. The second he left the floor the offense stagnated. Made some rookie mistakes, but overall Larkin played well. He shouldn't be traded just to thin out a glut at guard.
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

7/20/2014  9:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2014  9:53 PM
Absent a rumored trade partner, there is really nothing new here. I recall Shumpert and Larkin being mentioned a long time ago, and I would think it is a given that Phil would trade Smith if there was a good enough offer. Not sure he wants to deal with a knucklehead at this point in his life, even a talented one.

Of course we here the World Peace rumors(wherever they come from) and he is not exactly easy to deal with, but perhaps Jackson knows that he and Fisher can control World Peace based on past history.

Also think that you hurt their trade value a bit by throwing their names out there. As far as being Knicks, why would you potentially open up a season where players are not expecting to stay, and feel like they are not valued by the team?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/20/2014  9:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2014  9:55 PM
VCoug wrote:I don't understand this:

Tim Hardaway Jr. has been deemed virtually untouchable, per a source.

THJr had a decent rookie year but nothing to really celebrate. He showed a decent touch on wide open 3s, and he was much better than Shumpert, and that he's good in transition. In literally every other aspect of the game he ranges from bad to godawful. Unless he develops an ability to pass the ball effectively and/or improves his defense from non-existent to bad I don't think he has much of a future. If anything, we should be looking to move him because his value is likely never to be higher.

Already seen some improvement in THJ, more willing to take it to the rim, a more vocal leader. I do worry about his jacking up too many shots more than anything. Defense will take longer, but it doesn't take a lot of effort to pass up a shot, make the extra pass. I wouldn't call him untouchable either, but it would have to be a very good deal because of THJ's ability (already)to light up a scoreboard.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/20/2014  9:55 PM
Some guy on twitter just posted a series of pictures showing Shump trying to dunk in a playground game and going down hard after he was hit while in the air. I can't copy the image for some reason.
D-40 ‏@repqnz · 3h
This is why the #Knicks gotta trade this fool. Risking injury in a meaningless pickup game instead of playing in SL

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TeamBall
Member: #4386

7/20/2014  9:57 PM
This it?

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
USA
7/20/2014  9:59 PM
Yep.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/20/2014  10:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/20/2014  10:03 PM
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:All signs points to Shump being traded.....I keep saying it. He's the easiest to move. We have shooting guards here that can do what he does.

What shooting guards do we have that can do what Shump does?? When Shump is focused like he was when Phil came on he's one of the best defensive players in the league. I understand that he's been inconsistent with his play especially his offense but with this new culture that we're building with Phil and Fish i truly think Shump can be one hell of an asset. If i had my choice i would do what i could to trade JR even though i think he's actually worth more than he's getting paid.

What does Shump do? His defense is overrated and when he's focused he's still only a marginal rule player. When JR is focused he's all star caliber.

Wellington can do what shump does easy. So can Shannon Brown. Hit shots, blend in and play defense. That's their jobs. Shump isn't the difference maker in any aspect of the game and he's not head and shoulders better than these two.

There are people around the league that believe in the bull**** that shump is this defensive stalwart with untapped potential, so he can be moved easily. We need to get better. We have ThJr, Jr Smith and the option to keep wellington or Shannon....

See if we can get dunlevy, Matt barnes, delphino, or someone who can pass, cut, make shots and defend, flat out play the small fwd spot. Having a shooting guard with point guard skills playing small fwd isn't winning basketball

Are some are stuck on his playoff series against Boston and his tip in against the Spurs?

I don't get it Shumpert is very much overrated, we need to get past these kind of sentimental moments

Overrated by who? I don't think anyone is putting shump over the top, but lets be honest, what kind of a stock do any of these players have currently.

Larkin got very little run, he's a throw in for any trade.

Shump is also a throw in, your not going to get any value for him.

Jr save face at the end of the season, but he has a player option, and a suspect personality, too risky, you'll have to sell him low.

So basically you have 3 guys who you have to sell very low in order to get back some marginal back up sf.

If im packaging any 2 those guys (which would be the only way you would get good value) I would hope to get a player of gallo's caliber as a back up SF.

Right now it looks like the knicks aren't going to make any silly ass lateral Isiah thomas trade, I trust phil knows what the hell he's doing.

ES
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/20/2014  10:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Some guy on twitter just posted a series of pictures showing Shump trying to dunk in a playground game and going down hard after he was hit while in the air. I can't copy the image for some reason.
D-40 ‏@repqnz · 3h
This is why the #Knicks gotta trade this fool. Risking injury in a meaningless pickup game instead of playing in SL

Wow.

Watched a clip of Ellington playing in a park- possibly with guys he knows. The guy taking the video mentions that Ellington is not doing anything foolish, and for the most part you see him going easy against some very poor competition.

Cannot believe Shumpert would put himself in harms way in a bloody pickup game.

Hope he gets a call from Phil or Fisher.

Has not improved as a player since we got him, and this tells me he has not matured, either.

Just plain stupid.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/20/2014  11:10 PM
Let JR go...Hardaway no defense...smith no defense...Larkin is the futue young and quick!!!! calderon n prigioni is old
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/20/2014  11:57 PM
dwiley20 wrote:Let JR go...Hardaway no defense...smith no defense...Larkin is the futue young and quick!!!! calderon n prigioni is old

Let JR go for what? I know he;s a head case, but he's the best all round back court player on the team. He's also, arguably our second best scorer for better or worse. I get that people don't like him but he's too talented to just dump for a bag of balls

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/20/2014  11:58 PM
If you play at all you can get hurt. That is a fact of life. You can roll an ankle or pull a muscle even if you try to take it easy. I don't really put too much stock in that. Back in the day pros went all out at Rucker and I just saw KD going all out in summer games. Let's not make this out to be more than it is.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/21/2014  12:21 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:All signs points to Shump being traded.....I keep saying it. He's the easiest to move. We have shooting guards here that can do what he does.

What shooting guards do we have that can do what Shump does?? When Shump is focused like he was when Phil came on he's one of the best defensive players in the league. I understand that he's been inconsistent with his play especially his offense but with this new culture that we're building with Phil and Fish i truly think Shump can be one hell of an asset. If i had my choice i would do what i could to trade JR even though i think he's actually worth more than he's getting paid.

What does Shump do? His defense is overrated and when he's focused he's still only a marginal rule player. When JR is focused he's all star caliber.

Wellington can do what shump does easy. So can Shannon Brown. Hit shots, blend in and play defense. That's their jobs. Shump isn't the difference maker in any aspect of the game and he's not head and shoulders better than these two.

There are people around the league that believe in the bull**** that shump is this defensive stalwart with untapped potential, so he can be moved easily. We need to get better. We have ThJr, Jr Smith and the option to keep wellington or Shannon....

See if we can get dunlevy, Matt barnes, delphino, or someone who can pass, cut, make shots and defend, flat out play the small fwd spot. Having a shooting guard with point guard skills playing small fwd isn't winning basketball

Are some are stuck on his playoff series against Boston and his tip in against the Spurs?

I don't get it Shumpert is very much overrated, we need to get past these kind of sentimental moments

Overrated by who? I don't think anyone is putting shump over the top, but lets be honest, what kind of a stock do any of these players have currently.

Larkin got very little run, he's a throw in for any trade.

Shump is also a throw in, your not going to get any value for him.

Jr save face at the end of the season, but he has a player option, and a suspect personality, too risky, you'll have to sell him low.

So basically you have 3 guys who you have to sell very low in order to get back some marginal back up sf.

If im packaging any 2 those guys (which would be the only way you would get good value) I would hope to get a player of gallo's caliber as a back up SF.

Right now it looks like the knicks aren't going to make any silly ass lateral Isiah thomas trade, I trust phil knows what the hell he's doing.

U mean the Knick fan last year who told me he would only trade Shumpert for 4 players on the team USA roster Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Jrue Holiday and John Wall. That list also included Anthony Davis ,Andre Drummond, Deandre Jordan, Demarcus COusins,CHandler Parsons i can keep going but you get the point

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/21/2014  12:24 AM
Uptown wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:Let JR go...Hardaway no defense...smith no defense...Larkin is the futue young and quick!!!! calderon n prigioni is old

Let JR go for what? I know he;s a head case, but he's the best all round back court player on the team. He's also, arguably our second best scorer for better or worse. I get that people don't like him but he's too talented to just dump for a bag of balls

he can ball but when you have younger players like shump n hardaway i think it hampers them by having JR...dumping n get draft picks or a good Center

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/21/2014  2:28 AM
The reason Shump hasn't improved may because he tore his ACL and hasn't had a summer to work on his game some he entered the league- ridiculous to give up on him this early, especially as he showed an improved 3pt shot in his second year.
JS3
Member: #5692

7/21/2014  2:44 AM
I hope that the package will include Stat & JR, it's smells like an interesting trade, maybe a 3-way trade.

It's obvious that P(F)hisher doesn't want low IQ players on the team, players that will not have the ability to play a system basketball

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/21/2014  5:24 AM

Really like who? Who is gonna lock down the perimeter Calderon?

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/21/2014  5:36 AM
gunsnewing wrote:

Really like who? Who is gonna lock down the perimeter Calderon?

Catch up dude I already explained that.

And this isn't football. One guy isn't going to lock down the perimeter defense and when was the lady time Shump ha locked down anything. Wellington or Shannon could be kept to bring a defensive soak. Jr Smith and ThJr are our starting and lead reserve at shooting guard.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/21/2014  5:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2014  5:43 AM
smackeddog wrote:The reason Shump hasn't improved may because he tore his ACL and hasn't had a summer to work on his game some he entered the league- ridiculous to give up on him this early, especially as he showed an improved 3pt shot in his second year.

What are you expecting Shump to be after all this time in the league? Winning basketball is not built on the backs of guys with wasted potential.

He's a pro, the Acl tear is an excuse. Guys come back from that all the time. No excuse why he hadn't reached his potential. He's not going to become d wade all of a sudden. Shump is a role player, bench guy. Wellington or Shannon can fit that role with no problem... And that role is 3rd string shooting guard

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
USA
7/21/2014  8:20 AM
smackeddog wrote:The reason Shump hasn't improved may because he tore his ACL and hasn't had a summer to work on his game some he entered the league- ridiculous to give up on him this early, especially as he showed an improved 3pt shot in his second year.
I don't know if Shump is going to put it together. These were some of the concerns about him going into the draft.
Weaknesses: Lacks stability/discipline on the court ... Inconsistent … Not efficient at all ... Horrid shot-selection ... Liable to shoot at any time, even when being closely guarded ... Likes to shoot off the dribble on a good deal of his isolation possessions, despite only connecting on 20% of these attempts. Will often go for the flashy play instead of the easy play, which can lead to unforced turnovers ... Very poor jump shooter, and hasn't shown any improvement in this area during his three-year career with Georgia Tech ... Attitude has been questioned in the past, but to his credit he appears to have matured over the past year ...

Overall: Shumpert has rare physical tools for a guard on any level of basketball ... His defense should get him on an NBA roster and possibly into a rotation, but his poor basketball IQ will certainly hurt his effectiveness ... Should be an early-mid second round pick this year ...

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/iman-shumpert
I think he has the same issues going into his fourth year.
Begley: Source says Knicks open to dealing Shump, JR, Larking

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy