[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What up with Greg Monroe?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/21/2014  2:05 PM
Rookie wrote:How much would you pay Monroe? Just curious if you guys still love him at 12-15M per year?
thats probably his market value. It would depend on the pieces we already have in place. Since we already have at least one bigtime scorer I would prefer to give that money to DeAndre Jordan. Half the offense, but double the rebounding, shotblocking and defense.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/21/2014  8:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
Rookie wrote:How much would you pay Monroe? Just curious if you guys still love him at 12-15M per year?
thats probably his market value. It would depend on the pieces we already have in place. Since we already have at least one bigtime scorer I would prefer to give that money to DeAndre Jordan. Half the offense, but double the rebounding, shotblocking and defense.

I agree about the market value.

Marc Gasol and Monroe is essentially the same player. Marc clearly is more savy, physical and more experienced. Monroe can get you 14/9 with 3 assists a game and a block with Melo here. Monroe would be great in the high post and on the block in the triangle.

De Andre Jordan is a monster on the boards and on defense and we could win with him, but we need him to be able to receive the ball and make basketball plays whether that's passing, or putting the ball on the floor and scoring something other than a alley oop. That's why Tysons was traded.

I'm still looking at this season though cuz I have a problem. Wish we would have made this the 2014 plan not 2015.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

7/21/2014  8:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Marc Gasol and Monroe is essentially the same player. Marc clearly is more savy, physical and more experienced. Monroe can get you 14/9 with 3 assists a game and a block with Melo here. Monroe would be great in the high post and on the block in the triangle.

De Andre Jordan is a monster on the boards and on defense and we could win with him, but we need him to be able to receive the ball and make basketball plays whether that's passing, or putting the ball on the floor and scoring something other than a alley oop. That's why Tysons was traded.

I'm still looking at this season though cuz I have a problem. Wish we would have made this the 2014 plan not 2015.

Monroe has never averaged more than a block per game in his career (his career average is .6). Just curious why you think he'd average more than 1 block per game on the Knicks. The fact is Monroe is NOT a rim protector and his pretty bad on D and that's likely not going to change. He's a good rebounder and has good hands, that's where his value lies.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/21/2014  8:47 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Monroe has never averaged more than a block per game in his career (his career average is .6). Just curious why you think he'd average more than 1 block per game on the Knicks. The fact is Monroe is NOT a rim protector and his pretty bad on D and that's likely not going to change. He's a good rebounder and has good hands, that's where his value lies.

I say he'll average 1 block and you ignore everything else I say. Typical Message board bull****

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/21/2014  10:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2014  10:17 PM
EnySpree wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I say he'll average 1 block and you ignore everything else I say. Typical Message board bull****

Dude, relax. I didn't have time to respond to the other points. I simply wanted to know why you thought he'd block more shots as a Knick. Ya know, cause I was genuinely interested in why you thought that, that maybe I was missing something and would learn something new. Jeez. IMO it is "typical message board bull****" that you seem to he furious at me for DISCUSSING THE TOPIC! I didn't realize I had to do a response to the entirety of every post, everytime! Also, you don't even answer my question about why Monroe's blocks would increase! Whatever.

BTW, I'd rather have DeAndre Jordan. He fits better id rather have a rebounded shot blocker than Monroe. Sure he's sortve like Tyson but he's younger, and on a better contract and more moveable as an asset.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/21/2014  10:50 PM
I think the Pistons would prefer to keep Monroe and move Smith. Smith has baggage but is available.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/22/2014  12:38 AM
Monroe could get a max RFA deal if he wanted it, but it looks like he's planning on playing for his QO and hitting the UFA market...
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/22/2014  8:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2014  8:13 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I think the Pistons would prefer to keep Monroe and move Smith. Smith has baggage but is available.

I guess but Smith makes more sense as a stretch 4 next to Drummond I think

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/23/2014  10:28 AM
I'm hearing Monroe for JR & a pick? Get this done now
CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2014  10:41 AM
“@Knickstaped_: Anyways, the Greg Monroe to Knicks trade rumor was made by a fake twitter account sports writer. Still hoping it could somehow happen.”
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/23/2014  11:10 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
“@Knickstaped_: Anyways, the Greg Monroe to Knicks trade rumor was made by a fake twitter account sports writer. Still hoping it could somehow happen.”

I only stick with the ones who have pretty reliable sources.

Every once in a whole some unknown will break a story but far too often in this social age most are looking for attention

J.R. on his best behavior will never get you Monroe and Monroe isn't anything special himself

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/24/2014  10:24 AM
Knicks might have a better shot at targeting Jason Thompson from Sac. They are overloaded at forward and need another guard who can shoot. Kings aren't asking for much in return for Thompson and JR/Thompson are a salary match. Thompson has 3 years left on his contract and would make a good bench/rotation addition to this team. Another guy who might be available is Copeland. Indy might not want to send him back to NY.
CrushAlot
USA
7/25/2014  12:10 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2014/07/24/stan-van-gundy-greg-monroe-pistons/13094863/
Interesting interview with svg. Sounds like Monroe wants out of Detroit. The other rumor is he wants josh smith gone.
Rookie

8/1/2014  9:30 AM
Looks like Monroe is still in play, but the asking price is high. They want 'significant talent' in return.
callmened
Member: #4234

8/1/2014  11:00 AM
Knicks are not getting monroe
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Rookie

8/1/2014  11:08 AM
callmened wrote:Knicks are not getting monroe

we could if we really wanted him, but it would cost us our young players. Detroit has cap space and available roster spots to take an unbalanced trade. The real question is 'do we want him' and is the cost to high in talent loss vs talent gain

callmened
Member: #4234

8/1/2014  11:09 PM
i could get with halle berry but its not happening. lol
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
What up with Greg Monroe?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy