Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/19/2014  6:56 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I dontcare what lebron says iwiggins will be better than love

So if Lebron was on your team and he said do this or I go you let him walk

K love is injury tone and takes 20 shots a game and will cost me max money. Having collective cost efficient parts like wiggins and Bennett can play sure role player now and I can use my other cash to build up frontline and I'm in position to trade futures 1s if need be. I would never trade for k love using wiggins. If rather be stormy. See what is there
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

7/19/2014  7:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I dontcare what lebron says iwiggins will be better than love

So if Lebron was on your team and he said do this or I go you let him walk

K love is injury tone and takes 20 shots a game and will cost me max money. Having collective cost efficient parts like wiggins and Bennett can play sure role player now and I can use my other cash to build up frontline and I'm in position to trade futures 1s if need be. I would never trade for k love using wiggins. If rather be stormy. See what is there

Bennett doesn't look like he can play at all, it's always possible he can turn it around but so far he's looked like a guy who'll be out of the league after his rookie deal finishes. And Wiggins is a pretty big risk. Everyone's in love with his athleticism but he never showed in college that he could shoot or pass particularly well; and his skillset doesn't really look like it meshes well with Lebron. Plus, he plays the same position as Lebron and I don't think he can play 2-guard. So, that means Cleveland would have to play either Lebron or Wiggins out of position at PF.

And, here's the big thing. How long does Cleveland wait to find out if Wiggins and Bennett can be the answer next to 30 year old Lebron? We already know Love is, at minimum, a top 15 player in the league. He'll only be 26 this season so it's not like he only has a couple of good years left. And his offensive skillset sure seems to match Lebron's perfectly.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/19/2014  7:13 PM
Every day that has passed I have hoped that this trade was finalized. Its a nightmare to think about what Irving, Wiggins, Lebron, Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, & cap space could become.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/19/2014  8:29 PM
Cap space? Wiggins needs to get paid. Who are you gonna find to team up with Lebron and Irving who is a better fit than Love
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
7/20/2014  8:25 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Every day that has passed I have hoped that this trade was finalized. Its a nightmare to think about what Irving, Wiggins, Lebron, Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, & cap space could become.

There is alot of developing to be done there. Just due to that fact alone it's not a slam dunk they are able to.

All of those guys greatest strength requires the ball in their hands...including LeBron.

I wouldnt be worrried, Lebron isnt either which is why he wants Love. It could take upwards of 4 years for that to be what you may think it could.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/20/2014  1:30 PM
Clevelands gm is LeBron James....

Minnesota is well aware and will rape them off all they have just so the cavs can get Love.

Bennett, wiggins, and probably waiters is a fantastic set up for the future...go Minnesota go

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
7/20/2014  9:28 PM
knickscity wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Every day that has passed I have hoped that this trade was finalized. Its a nightmare to think about what Irving, Wiggins, Lebron, Bennett, Waiters, Thompson, & cap space could become.

There is alot of developing to be done there. Just due to that fact alone it's not a slam dunk they are able to.

All of those guys greatest strength requires the ball in their hands...including LeBron.

I wouldnt be worrried, Lebron isnt either which is why he wants Love. It could take upwards of 4 years for that to be what you may think it could.

They could be ECC ready before even reaching there full potential as they compliment each other well in limited roles and have the best player in the NBA.

They have the cap spac right now as well to trade Waiters or Bennet for a veteran like Greg Monroe S&T if they wanted. Or take on a contract to add another draft pick and vet solid vet.

newyorknewyork
7/20/2014  9:36 PM
My last sentence go me thinking though. Would Cleveland take a shot at Amare and his expiring contract looking to strike gold for one yr if they can't land Love? They would have to trade Varejeo to us though for it to work.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/20/2014  9:46 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:My last sentence go me thinking though. Would Cleveland take a shot at Amare and his expiring contract looking to strike gold for one yr if they can't land Love? They would have to trade Varejeo to us though for it to work.

They probably feel they can get more out of Varejeo at this stage in their careers, and LeBron might
want to keep his old pal around.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/20/2014  11:33 PM
As was mentioned in this thread, you trade potential for proven talent all day. Kevin Love is putting up stats that rival all time greats. I believe I read somewhere that only Shaq and I believe Moses has put up similar numbers to Love's 26 & 12 in the modern era.

A few years ago, Love had 25, 15 and 5 in over 5 games (perhaps more) during one season. He's the first guy ever, I believe to average 26 and 12 and hit over 100 3's. On top of that, he's only 25. You do this trade in a heart beat. He can score, rebound, pass and can keep the floor spread for Lebron and Kyrie and he's still young.

All potential means is Wiggins might be really good. It also means he might be pretty average. Who's to say that Wiggins wont be the next Wesley Johnson? If you are Cleveland, you have to make this deal.

knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
7/21/2014  12:23 AM
If you trade for Love, there's no guarantee he stays past the current season. NONE. There's no sign and trade available.

Wiggins is on a rookie contract, plenty of time to develop his talent and keep cap space to sign FA's.

Keep Wiggins, let Love come as a FA if he wants to come.

Rose is not the answer.
would not trade wiggins and assets for love

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy