I dontcare what lebron says iwiggins will be better than love
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

7/19/2014  10:52 AM
i really appreciate your insights briggs
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/19/2014  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2014  11:06 AM
Wiggins will always be the 3rd wheel behind Lebron and Irving. It's best for wiggins that he is traded. Unfortunately he's going to the idiot Wolves.

Lebron, Love & Irving is dynamic. With Blatt as coach I expect to see the greatest offensive team in NBA history. Maybe better than Showtime. Question is will they play enough defense to start a dynasty. I say yes since Lebron can guard every position. The space Love will create for Lebron and Irving will be unmatched. The rebounds, the outlet passes from love to those 2. WOW. It would be insane. Not a fan of love as a number one guy but as a number 2/3 WOW

Gonna be a fun team to watch. Cleveland needs to win now. Lebron is not getting any younger. By the time Wiggins comes around. Remember it took Lebron a few years to round out his game and contend. Lebron will be at the tail end of his career. Wiggins could be. Dry good but not all time great. Trading him for LOVE is a gamble it's take

This is not the Knicks trading nene for a broken down mcdyess

H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/19/2014  11:26 AM
Id wait and see how the Lebron/Irving/Wiggins chemistry develops. If they don't like what they see they can always trump anyone else's deal for Love anyway and can swoop in a get him midseason.

I tend to agree Lebron should stick with the yoots and be their mentor and help them grow even if it takes a year or two to get a chip. Wiggins at minimum is an elite wing defender who will be a menace out on the break with Lebron. There is a pretty good Simmons piece about this same topic from a couple days back on Grantland that goes over the pros cons of each scenario.

Anyway, I'm infatuated with Wiggins being Lebron's yoot Pippen.

gunsnewing
USA
7/19/2014  11:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2014  11:46 AM
Yeah I definitely can see wiggins being lebrons Pippen. Seems like his defense might be ahead of his shot. He will score on the break and around the basket but it's going to take a while to round out his game. Much longer than it took Lebron and MJ. He's not on that level. I think Lebron is there to win now not 3-4yrs from now. Irving's game itself has yet to fully develop.

I think Love on the Cavs is a no brainer. You need to win now. Who knows 3-4yrs down the road. Lebron's career could be cut short like grant hill and McGrady. Lebron can win this year with wiggins and Irving. He's that good but it's not likely

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/19/2014  11:57 AM
You bring in Love, and you have 4 guys who need their shots in a game- James, Irving, Love, Waiters. Only Varejao can live without getting 15 jumpers a game.

Certain players need to get into a rhythm in order be effective.

Per 36 minutes, Waiters and Irving averaged 17 attempts/game

Last 3 years Love has averaged about 18/game

Lebron's career average is about 19/game

About 70 shots/game from these 4 guys alone.

How many shots do most teams average/game- 50-60?

What will the shot pecking order be? James, Love, Irving, Waiters? or James, Irving, Love, Waiters?

If Love does come over, it will be interesting to see how they mesh as far as shot distribution.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

7/19/2014  12:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Yeah I definitely can see wiggins being lebrons Pippen. Seems like his defense might be ahead of his shot. He will score on the break and around the basket but it's going to take a while to round out his game. Much longer than it took Lebron and MJ. He's not on that level. I think Lebron is there to win now not 3-4yrs from now. Irving's game itself has yet to fully develop.

I think Love on the Cavs is a no brainer. You need to win now. Who knows 3-4yrs down the road. Lebron's career could be cut short like grant hill and McGrady. Lebron can win this year with wiggins and Irving. He's that good but it's not likely

Yeah... if James was 24 it might be different- he would be able to go through growing pains with a young squad.

If Love is not the right guy, and he is an established "star" at this point, set in how he has to play to be effective, there could be issues.

All going to come down to how much players are able to give up to be on title team.

Of course many at the time of the Earl Monroe trade thought he might not be able adapt his style (a go-to rhythm scorer who dribbled a lot), and he did..

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
gunsnewing
USA
7/19/2014  12:40 PM
Yea but adding over is not like adding a ballhog like Amare. He doesn't ISO. Perfect big for Lebron. Way better than Bosh IMO. Although Bosh was better defensively and his range improved. Bosh at times was overmatched on the boards. Love swallows rebounds
VCoug
Member: #1406

7/19/2014  1:32 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:You bring in Love, and you have 4 guys who need their shots in a game- James, Irving, Love, Waiters. Only Varejao can live without getting 15 jumpers a game.

Certain players need to get into a rhythm in order be effective.

Per 36 minutes, Waiters and Irving averaged 17 attempts/game

Last 3 years Love has averaged about 18/game

Lebron's career average is about 19/game

About 70 shots/game from these 4 guys alone.

How many shots do most teams average/game- 50-60?

What will the shot pecking order be? James, Love, Irving, Waiters? or James, Irving, Love, Waiters?

If Love does come over, it will be interesting to see how they mesh as far as shot distribution.

The average team took 83 shots/game last season and you have to figure that Irving's going to be taking fewer shots with Lebron around, probably 14-15 which is how many Wade shot the last 2 seasons.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/19/2014  1:34 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Yea but adding over is not like adding a ballhog like Amare. He doesn't ISO. Perfect big for Lebron. Way better than Bosh IMO. Although Bosh was better defensively and his range improved. Bosh at times was overmatched on the boards. Love swallows rebounds

That is a big key, Love is a great rebounder but Bosh was a very good rebounder before he got with Miami not Love's level but double digits. I think Love is the better choice because he is still young and pair perfectly offensively.

If I was Minny though I would hold out because Waiters, Wiggins, and Bennett is not enough. I need a pick or two.

VCoug
Member: #1406

7/19/2014  1:39 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I dontcare what lebron says iwiggins will be better than love

Maybe, at some point. But, Wiggins didn't exactly tear up the NCAA last year and even if he does become better than Love will he be able to play effectively next to Lebron? One of the most important skills for Lebron's potential teammates is shooting and no one expects Wiggins to become a knockdown shooter.

With Lebron turning 30 this season Cleveland should be looking to improve the team now, not 5 years from now. And it's not as if Kevin Love is an older player, he'll only be 26 this season and he's clearly a top-10 or near top-10 player right now and his skill set matches Lebron's perfectly (minus his lousy defense). I think it's a no-brainer to trade Wiggins, a player who they're hoping will become as good as Love, for Love today.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
gunsnewing
USA
7/19/2014  1:57 PM
Yea wiggins is what 19? It could be 3-5yrs before he develops a consistent jumper to play with Lebron and like you said Love is only 25 and just entering his prime
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/19/2014  2:23 PM
I think this comes down to what Cleveland's needs are. They could certainly use a reliable big man. Love has proven himself to be among the NBA elite statistically - and his presence would clearly complement a roster zeroed in on Lebron and Irving.

Where does Wiggins fit in? It's anticipated that his key position will be SF, where Lebron generally seems to spend a lot of his time, but clearly as we've seen with Lebron, he could easily be playing 1-2-3 at any point of a game - so let's figure Cleveland needs a swingman to play the open spot.

The team already has Mike Miller on board, with perhaps Ray Allen soon to follow. So it really makes a lot of sense to use Wiggins as a trading chip to address the team's biggest need.

I think folks are excited by the possibility of having Lebron and a younger version of himself on the floor at the same time, mentoring him so that 5 years from now Wiggins can begin to take the mantle. It's generally just very tough for this sort of this to happen when guys play effectively the same position.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
gunsnewing
USA
7/19/2014  2:28 PM
Right it's stupid. If wiggins was a SG and could shoot it would be one thing but he is a SF like Lebron. Lebron & Irving will be putting up a ton of shots. Wiggins won't reach his true potential. I wish wiggins was going to a team other than Minnesota though. Possible the worst run franchise in the NBA the past decade
Swishfm3
Member: #392
7/19/2014  2:54 PM

you're basing this on what?

For Wiggins career and development, it would be great for him to with L.James. They will be absolutely NO PRESSURE on him since all focus will be L.James.
With that said, I believe you should always trade POTENTIAL for PROVEN TALENT...and in this case, if Love "opts in" and agrees to an extension, I think this is a no brainer...you do this trade. Especially since K.Love is only 25 years old and hasn't hit his prime yet.

I wasn't sold on Wiggins early on in the College season but very impressed by the time March Madness rolled around.

A question you need to ask yourself is, is Wiggins capable of giving 25 & 12 because thats what you're getting from K.Love.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/19/2014  3:22 PM

So if Lebron was on your team and he said do this or I go you let him walk

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/19/2014  3:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Yea but adding over is not like adding a ballhog like Amare. He doesn't ISO. Perfect big for Lebron. Way better than Bosh IMO. Although Bosh was better defensively and his range improved. Bosh at times was overmatched on the boards. Love swallows rebounds

That is a big key, Love is a great rebounder but Bosh was a very good rebounder before he got with Miami not Love's level but double digits. I think Love is the better choice because he is still young and pair perfectly offensively.

If I was Minny though I would hold out because Waiters, Wiggins, and Bennett is not enough. I need a pick or two.

Bosh averaged 24 and 11 the year before he went to Miami whats Love 26 and 12

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/19/2014  4:56 PM
I wouldn't trade Wiggins either. We still don't know if Love will step up his D. Wiggins is a two way player and I would put LeBron at PG and move Irving to SG. He's the best PG on the team anyway. Trade waiters for a good defensive big, doesn't have to be a scorer. Someone who moves well without the ball. Wiggins could be the heir apparent, especially with LeBron's help.
WaltLongmire

7/19/2014  5:17 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

That is what you are really talking about. Player's option after the upcoming season.

James is 29, if he thinks Love is the guy the team needs, they get him. Love is still young, too.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/19/2014  6:01 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:

That is what you are really talking about. Player's option after the upcoming season.

James is 29, if he thinks Love is the guy the team needs, they get him. Love is still young, too.

LeBron has played with love on team USA. If he wants love you get him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
would not trade wiggins and assets for love

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy