[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/27/2014  12:02 AM
RonRon wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:Keith Bogans brings back this in a trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11589630/cleveland-cavaliers-trade-boston-celtics-keith-bogans

It sounds like his value to the Cavs might be in 2015-16 in a trade so he may stick around another year.

I don't understand but I believe the writers got it wrong?
Brendon Haywood's contract was amnestied and Bobcats/New Orleans picked up his contract at 2m so how can it go back to his original 12m deal?

Good catch. It is being reported wrong. Haywood is on the books for a little over 2 mil. I get frustrated when 'experts' are ignorant of simple details.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/27/2014  11:49 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Wojo reporting Rondo broke his hand and will miss 6-8 weeks.

I wonder where Rondo ends up at the trade deadline- I'm going to guess the Rockets.

CrushAlot
USA
9/27/2014  12:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:

I wonder where Rondo ends up at the trade deadline- I'm going to guess the Rockets.

That would be a pretty unlikeable big three.
smackeddog
9/27/2014  12:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

That would be a pretty unlikeable big three.

It would!

RonRon
Member: #246
9/27/2014  12:49 PM
IF Jeffrey Taylor gets released by the Bobcats, how do you guys feel about signing him to an unguaranteed 2 year vet min team option deal
With the whole Ray Rice incident, you would figure all athletes and people in general would learn off his mistake, but it is easier said than done in the moment sometimes
He would need to be sincere and accept his mistake *which seems to be the case* but it also would give us a chance to buy low in addition to himself getting a fresh start elsewhere

Personally, I have not seen what he actually did with the domestic abuse with his girlfriend

On the court though, I have liked this kid since his rookie year, feel he can be a player comparable to Brandon Rush, a G/F that plays "BIGGER" than his size, similar to how PJ Tucker on the Sun's *though not nearly as strong*
He is more of a G/F that can do a bit of everything, comparabled to Jeff Adrien who I also like a lot that signed a vet min deal to Houston, who is probably a better fit to CA that is more of SF/PF with some guard skills

F500ONE
Member: #5844

9/29/2014  9:40 AM
RonRon wrote:IF Jeffrey Taylor gets released by the Bobcats, how do you guys feel about signing him to an unguaranteed 2 year vet min team option deal
With the whole Ray Rice incident, you would figure all athletes and people in general would learn off his mistake, but it is easier said than done in the moment sometimes
He would need to be sincere and accept his mistake *which seems to be the case* but it also would give us a chance to buy low in addition to himself getting a fresh start elsewhere

Personally, I have not seen what he actually did with the domestic abuse with his girlfriend

On the court though, I have liked this kid since his rookie year, feel he can be a player comparable to Brandon Rush, a G/F that plays "BIGGER" than his size, similar to how PJ Tucker on the Sun's *though not nearly as strong*
He is more of a G/F that can do a bit of everything, comparabled to Jeff Adrien who I also like a lot that signed a vet min deal to Houston, who is probably a better fit to CA that is more of SF/PF with some guard skills

Ron we have 15 players under contract

How do we create room to sign someone

Who would stick around for the long haul

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

9/30/2014  4:36 AM
i wouldnt feel comfy signing Taylor and the baggage he brings (#DomAbuse=Cowards). Besides he wasnt that good even before he was injured his rookie yr
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
CrushAlot
USA
9/30/2014  5:39 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 3h3 hours ago
The Sixers, I'm told, have today waived last season's @nbadleague sensation Pierre Jackson

RonRon
10/1/2014  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/1/2014  3:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 3h3 hours ago
The Sixers, I'm told, have today waived last season's @nbadleague sensation Pierre Jackson

Adding news about The Sixers, likely a sign and the confidence by both McDaniels and his agent to get the opportunity to display his talents and potential in one year to be rewarded a potentially much better long term deal, a gamble that could make or break him with guaranteed money on a learning year without much competition with MCW sidlelined the start of the season, that is unless Philly/ Coach Brett Brown's first season as head coach, who was also a desciple of Poppavich

Sixers are likely going to try to tank this season with multiple upcoming future picks, players rights, and likely top 3 picks in the next 2 years, with Embid out, Noel learning the NBA and getting back in shape as he recovers from major knee surgery, now MCW continuing his development, trading Thad Young for a 1st round pick, and continuing to add assets to their future and minimum salary for more possible asset's *possibly for 1 year players like STAT/Perkins etc for rentals and trade exemptions that they can give back*

McDaniels, in my opinion, has the potential to be Matt Barnes type of talent with more length/youth/athleticism and is age allows him to develop/evolve with a much higher upside than Barnes who is a very good role player
Able to play SG to possibly even a stretch 4 one day, like Matt Barnes/Harrison Barnes but probably closer to Draymond Green/Danny Green

And Yes Nalod, I would look to add both Wroten and McDaniels if we indeed trade STAT, with 2020 protected 1st rounder, at least top 5 protected, if we can get back a trade exemption, I am sure we will look for Durant/Noah rumors to surface, add in a 2nd rounder or maybe trade some of our players for picks/assets we can use in which we have a lot of depth if we can improve their trade value before the deadline

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/philadelphia-s-k-j--mcdaniels-takes-bold-approach-to-rookie-deal-143327281.html

Philadelphia's K.J. McDaniels takes bold approach to rookie deal

Philadelphia's K.J. McDaniels, the 32nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft, made a bold decision on his rookie contract, agreeing to a one-year, non-guaranteed tender that could make him a restricted free agent next July.

McDaniels’ agent, Mark Bartelstein, wouldn't accept the 76ers’ structure of two guaranteed contract seasons that included two non-guaranteed seasons in years three and four of the deal.

The 76ers have had success using these contracts to control young players’ service and flipping the non-guaranteed seasons into valuable trade chips.

McDaniels, a talented offensive prospect, could get a significant offer sheet in July that the 76ers would have to match in order to re-sign him.

Just to make McDaniels the qualifying offer to become a restricted free agent

– as opposed to losing him as an unrestricted free agent –

Philadelphia would have to guarantee McDaniels $1.2 million next season. That's more than other second-round picks are scheduled to make.

"The 76ers have a philosophy that they're adhering to, and we totally respect that, but it doesn't fit for K.J. and us," Bartelstein told Yahoo Sports on Wednesday morning. "I just totally disagree with the idea of doing a four-year deal that includes a structure of two non-guaranteed years. We think K.J. is going to be a good player, and it came down to doing a one-year deal and letting the market determine his value.

"There's no hard feelings. The Sixers’ philosophy has worked for them. It just doesn't work for us."

McDaniels will make $507,000 this season – less than his peers – but his ability for significant earning power over the next several years is unmatched among second-round picks.

McDaniels will join the 76ers training camp today at Richard Stockton College in New Jersey.

McDaniels left Clemson after a junior season in which he led the team in scoring (17.1 points per game), rebounds (7.1 points per game), blocked shots (100) and steals (41).

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/1/2014  4:22 PM
Im a fan of KJ daniels!!!!

Dude is putting his chips on the table.

"I am Groot!"
"I like Wroot"

If you making RainRain KoolAid, use:

RonRon
10/1/2014  5:07 PM
Probably resembles Gereld Green the most of all comparisions, though his shot was much better than Green's was when he entered the league as a young high flyer
Because of his age, he gets a lot more upside though, sort of like how role players like Kyle Korver and Kawaii Leaonard can impact and develop as a 4th/5th option with a TEAM emphasis
F500ONE

10/6/2014  9:37 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kenneth-faried-agrees-to--60m-extension-with-nuggets-063753982.html

Faried inks 5yr $60mil

Probably sets the market for Shumpert

smackeddog
10/6/2014  2:47 PM
F500ONE wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kenneth-faried-agrees-to--60m-extension-with-nuggets-063753982.html

Faried inks 5yr $60mil

Ha! Smart of Faried to cash in now- I like him, but I think he got a little over hyped after the world cup.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/6/2014  3:46 PM
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--kenneth-faried-agrees-to--60m-extension-with-nuggets-063753982.html

Faried inks 5yr $60mil

Ha! Smart of Faried to cash in now- I like him, but I think he got a little over hyped after the world cup.

Not really, he locked in a deal before the new TV contract was announced. He should have waited

F500ONE

10/6/2014  3:48 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Faried inks 5yr $60mil

Not really, he locked in a deal before the new TV contract was announced. He should have waited

That's 2yrs away he couldn't wait

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/6/2014  3:51 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Faried inks 5yr $60mil

He got that amount cuz teams know they will have the scratch to pay it.

Faried is the kind of glue guy you win chips with. Not "The man" but a high energy rebounder with a great motor.
Denver has a ways to go but its a good signing. 52 mil is guaranteed.

Shump walks before we pay him that. Phil got his eye on who he wants. He just can't tell us.

yellowboy90

10/6/2014  4:13 PM
F500ONE wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Faried inks 5yr $60mil

That's 2yrs away he couldn't wait

Like I said before the NBA will likely ease the teams into the new money so instead of the 66M projected next year it is probably going to be around 71m or higher.

yellowboy90

10/6/2014  4:15 PM
Nalod wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Faried inks 5yr $60mil

Faried is the kind of glue guy you win chips with. Not "The man" but a high energy rebounder with a great motor.

Shump walks before we pay him that. Phil got his eye on who he wants. He just can't tell us.

Shump's game play so far doesn't deserve half of what Faried got.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/6/2014  5:36 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Faried inks 5yr $60mil

Shump's game play so far doesn't deserve half of what Faried got.

I think Shump's market is about $3 million per, if that. That's what Thabo got from the Hawks and I think he was grossly overpaid.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

10/6/2014  5:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/6/2014  5:40 PM
...with Faried locked up in Denver, I wouldn't mind taking a few of their forwards/centers off their hands e.g. Gallo, Wilson Chandler, Darrell Arthur and Timofey Mozgov...even the dreaded Javale McGee. The Nuggets have a glut at their big man spots and I doubt they'll be interested in paying big money to any of those guys, who are quickly approaching free agency, with Faried on the books.
July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy