[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/29/2014  6:16 PM
They also waived delfino.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
8/29/2014  6:47 PM
It seems like there is quite a buzz around Rondo possibly getting moved this year.
CrushAlot
USA
8/30/2014  12:57 AM
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus · 6h
Shannon Brown is simply invited to camp with the Miami Heat - no guarantees

CrushAlot
USA
8/30/2014  1:04 AM
Center Ian Mahinmi has an injured shoulder and is out for the World Cup. Worse news for the Pacers is he could be out 2-3 months, which likely means most of training camp and likely into the start of the season.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/30/pacers-ian-mahinmi-to-miss-world-cup-for-france-out-2-3-months-with-shoulder-injury/
F500ONE
Member: #5844

8/31/2014  5:07 PM

Almost forget he's still in the league

Not a bad pickup, adds depth

He's not what he's used to be

But in a limited specialized role he probably has something to offer

Money deal appears to be

So Morey got Gee in the Wizards/Pelican deal

Turned him into Terry and a 2nd

So Parson for Ariza-Terry-2nd

F500ONE

8/31/2014  5:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2014  5:36 PM
Morey didn't get just 1 pick but 2

lol Morey literally combs-shakes the bushes

He got Kings pick from the Acy deal

RonRon
Member: #246
9/2/2014  9:50 PM
James McAdoo Signs One-Year Deal With Warriors
He reminds me of Jared Jeffries, glue type role player, of course better on OFF though

I think there are still lots of undrafted talents this year and in previous draft, in adddition to UFA's available like Sessions *who might not even get the MINI MLE type money*

RonRon
9/4/2014  7:52 AM
Ekpe Udoh has reached an agreement on a fully guaranteed veteran-minimum contract with the Los Angeles Clippers for one season, a league source told RealGM.

For Udoh, the free agency decision came down to Los Angeles and the Chicago Bulls, and the Clippers expressed a strong desire to add the 6-foot-10 big man in the frontcourt.

A sixth overall draft selection to the Golden State Warriors in 2010, Udoh spent one full season with the franchise before being traded to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Udoh has averaged 4.4 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.3 blocks over four NBA seasons.

Yahoo Sports first reported Udoh's deal with the Clippers.

CP3 has the ability to draw talents with him, along with being in LA
I would much rather have Edoh at the vet min than Smith for the MINI MLE
Where is the big black book that CA as talked about...

With Fisher and the 2 OKC assistnants that were close to Kevin Durant, it seems like we are gathering reasons to persue Kevin Durant, either in a force trade, or as a FA in 2 years

CrushAlot
USA
9/5/2014  10:36 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 4h

Detroit restricted free agent Greg Monroe has signed the qualifying offer, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

CrushAlot
USA
9/5/2014  10:38 PM
Detroit Pistons forward Greg Monroe has signed a $5.5 million qualifying offer, clearing the way for him to leave the franchise next summer, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Monroe had been a restricted agent this summer and couldn't come to terms on a contract extension with the Pistons – nor could the team find a suitable sign-and-trade scenario for him.

For Monroe, this is a bold step that few have taken before him. It brings with it significant financial risk if he suffers a serious injury this season and loses market value. Nevertheless, Monroe has wanted out of Detroit, where he was drafted in 2010, and he'll get his wish next summer.

Pistons president and coach Stan Van Gundy had been unwilling to pay Monroe as one of the NBA's top forwards, and several attempts at sign-and-trade scenarios – including lengthy discussions with Portland, sources said – proved fruitless.

Detroit is working to balance a frontcourt that includes Monroe and power forward Josh Smith. Monroe averaged 15 points and nine rebounds a season ago. The qualifying offer limits the Pistons' ability to trade Monroe this season. He has veto power over a trade. If he is traded, he'd lose his ability to exercise his Bird rights on an extension with a new team.

The Pistons have been unafraid of losing Monroe for nothing next summer, believing the savings in salary-cap space has value to the remaking of the roster.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--greg-monroe-signs-pistons--qualifying-offer--will-be-unrestricted-free-agent-in-2015-231628926.html
RonRon
9/6/2014  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/6/2014  1:15 PM
I think Hinkie and Philly should test The Sun's/Bledsoe with a similar contract to Chandler Parsons, while I think Bledsoe has shown he is a much better player compared to Parsons with his potential on top of being a TOP DEF LOCK DEFENDER that could defend a couple positions

IF DRAGIC and Bledsoe worked well together, it is possible that MCW and Bledsoe could be the best defensive PG/SG combo in adddition to Embid/Noel being the best DEFENSIVE PF/C Duo
Yes, MCW will have to work on his shot but Jrue Holiday didn't have much shooting abilities or range when he was first in the league
Philly has shown they have the coaches/development staff/resources to develop ALL STAR talents with with PG/Combo guards on both ends with Jrue Holiday/MCW/Tony Wroten in their recent years

Philly has a lot of room and should utilize it, first offer a trade offer for Bledsoe with limited asset's as they have plenty
Not necessarily a complete lowball but given the circumstances, buy low as Sun's didn't pay much for Bledsoe to begin with
Lebron could be a UFA and they could still save enough money to offer him a near MAX contract and be the BEST DEFENSIVE TEAM in the entire league for a Dynasty if that happened
There simply are not many players in the entire NBA league that has Bledsoe's speed/quickness/athelticism/strength/ ability to penetrate/facilitate and DEFEND at a ALL STAR LEVEL
If Sun's don't agree, offer to 3 year deal with a player option for 3rd year, and there is a possibility that Bledsoe will be a FA and join them 2 years later when

MKW
Dario Saric
Noel
Embid

with multiple picks, asset's, and CAP SPACE that they can use to build a young, talented, and DEEP core with, with Embid being a possible STEAL if he can recover and develop in a couple of years
While with such a deal, they could at least give consideration to adding

Durant or Noah and Bledsoe to their core in 2 years, making them ALL UFA's while Philly will still be way under the cap and could draw interest if Embid/Noel/MCW continue to develop/recover

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

9/6/2014  5:28 PM
gustsvo ayon? ya'll seen him this worlc cup, been having some great games, hes also a FA after the cup i believe
The Future is Bright!
CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2014  6:38 PM
Darius Morris has a camp invite with the Blazers.
CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2014  8:19 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo · 2h
The Kings waived forward-center Jeremy Tyler.

F500ONE

9/12/2014  8:38 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

The Brooklyn Nets have signed former New York Knicks center Jerome Jordan, the team announced Thursday.

Jordan, 27, appeared in 21 games for the Knicks in 2011-12, averaging two points in 5.1 minutes. The 7-footer spent last season in the Italian League.

Jordan could have a chance to compete for a spot at the end of the roster during training camp.

The Nets have 13 fully guaranteed contracts -- Cory Jefferson and Jorge Gutierrez not among them.

This kid was drafted by Walsh right

He was the first Jeremy Tyler

Or was it the first Randolph Morris

Or was it the first Jackie Butler

Nets are probably rehearsing their lines

Of Over hyping the potential and posting Youtube videos

Of all his highlights overseas

Thinking he'll crack the rotation and make noise

CrushAlot
USA
9/12/2014  10:57 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The Brooklyn Nets have signed former New York Knicks center Jerome Jordan, the team announced Thursday.

Jordan, 27, appeared in 21 games for the Knicks in 2011-12, averaging two points in 5.1 minutes. The 7-footer spent last season in the Italian League.

Jordan could have a chance to compete for a spot at the end of the roster during training camp.

The Nets have 13 fully guaranteed contracts -- Cory Jefferson and Jorge Gutierrez not among them.

This kid was drafted by Walsh right

He was the first Jeremy Tyler

Or was it the first Randolph Morris

Or was it the first Jackie Butler

Nets are probably rehearsing their lines

Of Over hyping the potential and posting Youtube videos

Of all his highlights overseas

Thinking he'll crack the rotation and make noise

They know what they are getting. From Netsdaily:
Jordan has a 7'6" wingspan and a soft touch but scouts say he does not appear to enjoy contact and lacks toughness.

Jordan played last season in Italy with Virtus Bologna, where he averaged 8.9 points and 3.9 rebounds in 24 games, averaging 18.6 minutes per game. He split the 2012-13 season playing in the NBA Development League for the Reno Bighorns (24 games) and the Los Angeles D-Fenders (18 games). Jordan was named to the 2013 All-NBA D-League Third Team after averaging 12.4 points, 7.6 rebounds and 2.0 blocks in 42 games (36 starts).

http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/9/11/6136203/league-source-brooklyn-nets-signing-jerome-jordan-to-training-camp
F500ONE

9/14/2014  2:47 PM
Earl Clark has agreed upon a training camp deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, according to sources.

Clark was most recently on successive 10-day contracts with the New York Knicks.

Clark signed a free agent deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2013 offseason and was later traded to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Could turn out to be a good pickup.

Not sure why we didn't hold on to him longer

F500ONE

9/16/2014  5:51 PM
I'm not going to Youtube him

But this was a real sly pickup by the Bulls

Free agent guard E’Twaun Moore has signed a partially guaranteed two-year deal with the Chicago Bulls, a league source told RealGM.

The first season of Moore’s new contract will be 50 percent guaranteed, with a date in next July to determine his guarantee for the 2015-16 season, a source said.

After spending two consecutive seasons with the Orlando Magic, Moore became an unrestricted free agent and had been mulling offers for his next team. The Bulls fit Moore in his ability to score and shoot, and he’s comfortable near his hometown.

Moore, 25, averaged 6.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists last season. The 6-foot-4 two-guard is a career 35 percent three-point shooter.

Moore was selected by the Boston Celtics in the second round of the 2011 NBA draft. He spent one season with the Celtics before signing with the Magic as a free agent in 2012.

To get a younger player of his modest skillset

For cheap, is doing work

Some GMs do and some GMs don't

CrushAlot
USA
9/16/2014  7:30 PM
F500ONE wrote:I'm not going to Youtube him

Free agent guard E’Twaun Moore has signed a partially guaranteed two-year deal with the Chicago Bulls, a league source told RealGM.

The first season of Moore’s new contract will be 50 percent guaranteed, with a date in next July to determine his guarantee for the 2015-16 season, a source said.

After spending two consecutive seasons with the Orlando Magic, Moore became an unrestricted free agent and had been mulling offers for his next team. The Bulls fit Moore in his ability to score and shoot, and he’s comfortable near his hometown.

Moore, 25, averaged 6.3 points, 1.7 rebounds and 1.4 assists last season. The 6-foot-4 two-guard is a career 35 percent three-point shooter.

Moore was selected by the Boston Celtics in the second round of the 2011 NBA draft. He spent one season with the Celtics before signing with the Magic as a free agent in 2012.

For cheap, is doing work

Wow. Good signing but he is the fourth point guard. It seems like he was getting minutes with the Magic.
F500ONE

9/16/2014  7:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:I'm not going to Youtube him

For cheap, is doing work

Wow. Good signing but he is the fourth point guard. It seems like he was getting minutes with the Magic.

When you have D-Rose and Hinrich

You might want to have 10 pgs on deck

Just in case

I also think Thibs understands he's gonna have to

Play some games at faster paces

Therefore he needs some diversity on the roster

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy