[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/29/2014  8:02 AM
Ron, is our 2017 pick gone?
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/29/2014  8:33 AM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball · 3h
New at @UpsideMotor Markel Brown signs two-year deal with Brooklyn Nets: Analysis http://bit.ly/1nJaVup by @sam_vecenie

Expand  Reply

He and Nick Johnson might be the best athletes of their draft pound 4 pound

I agree. I think the Nets did great for not having picks.

THey finally got their croation Bogjanovich, Kaspara(Last year first rounder)and Brown. A lot of youth. Not franchise changing but great depth.

Like all teams you got some big if's here:

1: Bropez returns to form and over the foot thing. Mike Jordan had the same thing and his foot never broke again. Jordan was a genetic freak. Bropez a big talent or trade asset if healthy!

2. Deron returns to all star status if those ankles heal.

3. Plumlee add some moves around the basket.

With Jack taking Livingstons spot off the bench the team is deep again. I thought Pierce and Johnson was a clumsy duo. If the new Croation is good and Teletovic more confident they could be a far more dangerous team than Knick fans would like to deal with.

Nalod discovers the word "if"...

H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

7/29/2014  8:57 AM
Nalod wrote:Ron, is our 2017 pick gone?

Im not Ron but we have all our picks 2017 and beyond. Since 2016 has been traded (Bargs, Barf, hold me, ugh) 2017 CANNOT be dealt, just like our 2015 pick.

Nalod
USA
7/30/2014  8:42 AM
Metta to play in China. Must do a show based on this.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/30/2014  9:25 AM
Mavs continue with getting basement bargain deals.

Ivan Johnson’s contract with the Dallas Mavericks will be for two seasons, with partial guarantees, league sources told RealGM.

The Mavericks announced the signing on Tuesday.

Johnson played for the Mavericks’ summer league entry in Las Vegas, averaging 7.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, one steal and 20.8 minutes per game.

Johnson spent the 2013-14 season with the Zhejiang in the Chinese Basketball Association.

Johnson, 30, had two productive seasons with the Atlanta Hawks in 2011-12 and 2012-13 – scoring 6.5 points and grabbing 3.9 rebounds per contest in 125 total NBA games. The 6-foot-8 forward worked himself back into the league through workouts late last season and into the summer.

Good signing by the Mavs they need some nasty and enforcer.

Ivan very fine example of hardwork and dedication with limited skillset

This is the kind of player you'd like Phil to take flyers on//// not over the hill crackheads

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/30/2014  11:51 AM
“@IanBegley: Hearing: ex-Knick Metta World Peace is close to agreeing to terms with the Sichuan Blue Whales of the Chinese Basketball Association.”
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/30/2014  2:07 PM
The week 11 Player of the Week is Bobby Brown of Problems. He finished with 37 points, 6 assists and a rebound in Problems 96-86 win over the Jaguars.

The other Top Performers for week 10 are:

Brandon Jennings - The Clozers: After a week off, Jennings returned to drop 33 points on C.A.B.C., leading The Clozers to a 99-88 win. His 50+ point streak ended at a pair of games.

Victor Rudd – M.H.P.: Victor Rudd makes the Top Performer list for the third consecutive week. Despite Nick Young’s return to the team, Victor was the standout player with 29 points and 16 rebounds. M.H.P. defeated LA Loop 79-70.

http://www.drewleague.com/blog/2014/07/28/week-11-player-of-the-week-and-top-performers-2/
IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

7/30/2014  10:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
“@IanBegley: Hearing: ex-Knick Metta World Peace is close to agreeing to terms with the Sichuan Blue Whales of the Chinese Basketball Association.”

Oh, word? I love the Sichuan Blue Whales!!

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/30/2014  10:04 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wanna move to China with me? We go 50/50 on everything. Go Whales!!

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

7/30/2014  10:05 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wanna move to China with me? We go 50/50 on everything. Go Whales!!

dude, i hear sichuan is beautiful this time of year

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Nalod
USA
7/31/2014  7:15 AM

Will all do respect to Magic Johnson and his career, I do find him pompous at times. This quote jumps out at me:

Meanwhile, Magic Johnson also said he tried to convince Carmelo Anthony to leave the New York Knicks in an hourlong phone conversation. Johnson noted that he spoke at length with Pau Gasol, who chose to leave for the Chicago Bulls instead of staying with the Lakers. "We had a great conversation but I think the way he was treated last season, kind of hurt him," said Johnson. "Here's a guy 18 [points] and 10 [rebounds], shooting over 50% and you want to bench him? You want to mess with this guy? He could never get over that." Los Angeles Times - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.PG6FdsB8.dpuf

They fired MDA didn't they? Why did MDA mess with him? Did Pau not want to run? Why you bring in MDA if you don't want your guys to run?
Magic just likes to come out of everything looking good AFTER. Seems like they might do better, or certainly no worse if Magic DON'T MAKE THOSE CALLS!!!

CrushAlot
USA
7/31/2014  8:58 AM
Nalod wrote:
Will all do respect to Magic Johnson and his career, I do find him pompous at times. This quote jumps out at me:

Meanwhile, Magic Johnson also said he tried to convince Carmelo Anthony to leave the New York Knicks in an hourlong phone conversation. Johnson noted that he spoke at length with Pau Gasol, who chose to leave for the Chicago Bulls instead of staying with the Lakers. "We had a great conversation but I think the way he was treated last season, kind of hurt him," said Johnson. "Here's a guy 18 [points] and 10 [rebounds], shooting over 50% and you want to bench him? You want to mess with this guy? He could never get over that." Los Angeles Times - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.PG6FdsB8.dpuf

They fired MDA didn't they? Why did MDA mess with him? Did Pau not want to run? Why you bring in MDA if you don't want your guys to run?
Magic just likes to come out of everything looking good AFTER. Seems like they might do better, or certainly no worse if Magic DON'T MAKE THOSE CALLS!!!

Magic has been down on D'Antoni for a long time and has been saying this stuff. I think I read the same article. Didn't Magic say he would be happy if the Lakers never took a three point shot again?
Nalod
USA
7/31/2014  1:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Magic has been down on D'Antoni for a long time and has been saying this stuff. I think I read the same article. Didn't Magic say he would be happy if the Lakers never took a three point shot again?

Ok, but MDA been gone way before Pau bolted!!!!!
And bolted for less money.

Maybe he saw Byron Scott coming and thought it was time to move on!

Mike Brown, MDA, Byron Scott..........Not easy to fill the shoes of Phil! They got Rudy Tomjanovich but the dude was burnt out and still had to pay him. Lakers out side of Hiring PHil hare not made good choices. THey even had Magic for a spell and he was a train wreck as a coach!

CrushAlot
USA
7/31/2014  5:40 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Mike Brown, MDA, Byron Scott..........Not easy to fill the shoes of Phil! They got Rudy Tomjanovich but the dude was burnt out and still had to pay him. Lakers out side of Hiring PHil hare not made good choices. THey even had Magic for a spell and he was a train wreck as a coach!

Yeah. I am not sold on Scott as a coach.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/1/2014  9:22 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Yeah. I am not sold on Scott as a coach.
I remember those stories with the Nets how the assistants learned he never watched the video tapes or did any scouting and essentially Kidd ran the whole thing. When you see what Kidd did here w/ Woody vs. last year there might be something to that!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
RonRon
Member: #246
8/1/2014  9:04 PM
Nalod wrote:Ron, is our 2017 pick gone?

No it is owned by us however, we cannot trade the pick since we traded the 2016 pick for AB in addition to 2 more 2nd rounders
However, we can trade the rights to the 2017th pick on draft night or after we draft him

We have the option on trading our 2018 1st round draft pick or 2019 and after, in addition to the draft rights of our 2015 pick next summer whether on draft night or slightly after

CrushAlot
USA
8/4/2014  6:25 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA · 51m
As intrepid @gatorschouten caught with camera, league source confirms what's apparent in photo: Cavaliers met with free agent Shawn Marion.

CrushAlot
USA
8/4/2014  6:25 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 53m
ESPN sources say Shawn Marion is in Cleveland today on recruiting visit with Cavaliers

CrushAlot
USA
8/4/2014  10:38 PM
Dahntay Jones has 'good workout' fr several nba teams.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2014/08/01/wizards-attend-dahntay-joness-workout-in-las-vegas-but-have-no-interest/
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/5/2014  1:09 AM
Thad Young to Minny seems silly. Why give Philly an asset for a role player with a player option at years end?
July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy