[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/24/2014  10:52 PM
Jameer Nelson signs with Dallas for a starting salary of 2.7M.

Had he been waived before the Tyson trade, would you prefer Jameer or Jose?

AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

7/24/2014  11:34 PM
i prefer jose calderon bro
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2014  8:11 AM
We have our allocated midget in Larkin.
H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/25/2014  9:05 AM
Nalod wrote:We have our allocated midget in Larkin.

lmao

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2014  9:43 AM

And Larkin is young, so even better... he's a midget with hope
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/25/2014  11:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2014  11:10 AM
fishmike wrote:

And Larkin is young, so even better... he's a midget with hope

Nalod
USA
7/25/2014  11:32 AM
They work best in "Iso" situations.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/25/2014  9:49 PM
confused. what does this mean?

Nalod
USA
7/26/2014  9:35 AM
Took Lakers 90 days to hire Byron Scott?

They guy strutts around like he is Laker Royalty! When you take the floor with 3 HOF's, you look good!

They guy is not a good coach. They gave up D'antoni to make Pau happy and to go after Melo and have neither. YOu bring in Lin who obviously thrived under MDA!

Kobe played 30 games under MDA? They started that year with stiff dwight and mike brown and MDA got them to the playoffs after a disaster start.

I don't understand how Kupchek is losing it. Must be the lack of Jerry Buss and more Jimmy making the calls.

Truth be told, I'd like to see MDA get a good gig somewhere where the roster is in synch with management and coach.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2014  1:23 PM
Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Follow
ESPN sources say Omri Casspi is finalizing a one-year contract at league min. with Sacramento tonight after clearing waivers earlier Friday

4:58 PM - 25 Jul 2014

168 Retweets 81 favorites

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/26/2014  2:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Follow
ESPN sources say Omri Casspi is finalizing a one-year contract at league min. with Sacramento tonight after clearing waivers earlier Friday

We had league minimum to sign him, couldn't have been scared of the triangle system?

He'll regret signing there, maybe a better fit for a team like Portland or Memphis

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/26/2014  5:47 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Follow

We had league minimum to sign him, couldn't have been scared of the triangle system?

He'll regret signing there, maybe a better fit for a team like Portland or Memphis

Someone or realgm knows him and says he does nothing in the offseason. He wanted to go to the kings, so no big loss.

CrushAlot
USA
7/26/2014  8:20 PM
Hardwood Paroxysm ‏@HPbasketball · 3h
New at @UpsideMotor Markel Brown signs two-year deal with Brooklyn Nets: Analysis http://bit.ly/1nJaVup by @sam_vecenie

Expand  Reply

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/26/2014  8:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
New at @UpsideMotor Markel Brown signs two-year deal with Brooklyn Nets: Analysis http://bit.ly/1nJaVup by @sam_vecenie

Expand  Reply

He and Nick Johnson might be the best athletes of their draft pound 4 pound

CrushAlot
USA
7/26/2014  8:49 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Expand  Reply

I agree. I think the Nets did great for not having picks.
Nalod
USA
7/26/2014  11:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Expand  Reply

I agree. I think the Nets did great for not having picks.

THey finally got their croation Bogjanovich, Kaspara(Last year first rounder)and Brown. A lot of youth. Not franchise changing but great depth.

Like all teams you got some big if's here:

1: Bropez returns to form and over the foot thing. Mike Jordan had the same thing and his foot never broke again. Jordan was a genetic freak. Bropez a big talent or trade asset if healthy!

2. Deron returns to all star status if those ankles heal.

3. Plumlee add some moves around the basket.

With Jack taking Livingstons spot off the bench the team is deep again. I thought Pierce and Johnson was a clumsy duo. If the new Croation is good and Teletovic more confident they could be a far more dangerous team than Knick fans would like to deal with.

Nalod
USA
7/28/2014  11:05 AM

When Eric learned the meaning of the word "Restricted"......

Offseason: Free Agency | Latest from Ken Berger | Rumors

Phoenix Suns restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe has been just about silent while in limbo. On Saturday, though, in his hometown of Birmingham, Ala., he said that he's stuck because of restricted free agency rules, via Kyle Burger of WVTM-TV.

"First off, I'm letting my agent, Rich Paul, handle it," Bledsoe said. "I can understand the Phoenix Suns are using [being a] restricted free agent against me. But I can understand that."

Bledsoe is the top free agent still available, but there's not much of a market for him anymore. He went into free agency hoping the Suns or another team would offer him a max deal, and it hasn't happened. He's essentially right when he's saying that the Suns are using restricted free agency against him, as there's no way things would have played out this way if he was unrestricted.

Phoenix general manager Ryan McDonough has repeatedly made it clear that he intends to match any offer sheet for Bledsoe, and this past week president Lon Babby said the organization planned to bring him back. This has scared other teams away, and Bledsoe hasn't had any leverage with the Suns. It's hard to fault Phoenix for waiting this out, but it'd be nice if the two sides could get something fair done.

Advice for Eric: Play the year, do great, stay healthy and when your "Unrestricted" the world could be your oyster!!
Or, Shut up, grab the security and sit down with your finanical advisor and figure it the phuch out!

"Restricted" Chandler Parsons is not complaining. The system worked for him because a team had to overpay to grab him. Supply and demand is pure elegant dynamics at work.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/28/2014  2:38 PM
Nalod wrote:

Phoenix Suns restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe has been just about silent while in limbo. On Saturday, though, in his hometown of Birmingham, Ala., he said that he's stuck because of restricted free agency rules, via Kyle Burger of WVTM-TV.

"First off, I'm letting my agent, Rich Paul, handle it," Bledsoe said. "I can understand the Phoenix Suns are using [being a] restricted free agent against me. But I can understand that."

Bledsoe is the top free agent still available, but there's not much of a market for him anymore. He went into free agency hoping the Suns or another team would offer him a max deal, and it hasn't happened. He's essentially right when he's saying that the Suns are using restricted free agency against him, as there's no way things would have played out this way if he was unrestricted.

Phoenix general manager Ryan McDonough has repeatedly made it clear that he intends to match any offer sheet for Bledsoe, and this past week president Lon Babby said the organization planned to bring him back. This has scared other teams away, and Bledsoe hasn't had any leverage with the Suns. It's hard to fault Phoenix for waiting this out, but it'd be nice if the two sides could get something fair done.

Advice for Eric: Play the year, do great, stay healthy and when your "Unrestricted" the world could be your oyster!!
Or, Shut up, grab the security and sit down with your finanical advisor and figure it the phuch out!

"Restricted" Chandler Parsons is not complaining. The system worked for him because a team had to overpay to grab him. Supply and demand is pure elegant dynamics at work.

If I'm Bledsoe I cash in now- if he has another injury plagued season he ain't getting a max!

CrushAlot
USA
7/28/2014  5:52 PM
Wojo reporting Mo Williams will sign with minny.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--guard-mo-williams-nearing-agreement-with-timberwolves-205055488.html
RonRon
Member: #246
7/28/2014  9:50 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:

If I'm Bledsoe I cash in now- if he has another injury plagued season he ain't getting a max!

Yes, with all the PGs and combo guards that Suns have on their roster

Dragic (player option that he will opt out off next summer)

Bledsoe (RFA) possiblely could take the qualifying offer and choose his destination of his choice after this year, after a lowball of 12m per year by The Suns

Isiah Thomas
Tyler Ennis

Archie Goodwin

On top of all of this they have a lot of young talent, cap space, and future draft picks to utlize

If Blesdoe is available as a UFA next summer, he would be by #1 target after

Lebron James

Kevin Love
Lamarcus Aldridge

Over players that are not MAX guys like,
Marc Gasol/Rhondo/Parker/Dragic *because of Bledsoes DEF abilities, age, and FIT with team and Calderon

His combinationn of youth/potential

Great athleticism as a "Mini Lebron/Wade (young)
Speed/quickness
lockdown DEF potential
ability to penetrate and finish with contact
Facilitate, score, and hit 3pters while learning from todays TOP PG in CP3 for a couple of years
Strength and versatility, especially to defend PG and SG fits in greatly with Calderon and CA

If he is willing to take "slightly" less in year 1 so we can target and build our roster next summer, great, but if not, his "MAX" starts at about 13-15m so it leaves us with cap space to target other role players or B+ players like Green as a SF/PF

As projected, we could have anywhere from 5m to 10m depending on player options and possible slight trades, in addition to the LLE (Full 4year 5-6m MLE, if we trade for a player instead, in additon to the cap space left

- Our assets include our SGs, possible early bird rights with Jeremy Tyler/Aldrich
- draft rights this summer
- 2015 1st round draft rights that we could trade on draft night or after draft
- 2018 1st rounders and after...
- 2018 and after 2nd rounders

Even would be intereste in Gereld Green for the Bi Annual Exempetion as a solid role player

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy