[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

7/22/2014  7:11 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 13m

Utah's trading John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, future 2nd and $1M, sources tell Yahoo.

Oh well that's the way he ball bounces.

If Minny is looking to unload Martin and Barea would it be smart to take on those contracts if the knicks get a 1st rd pick out of it somehow? That would affect future flexibility somewhat and increase the stock pile of SGs unless one of the knicks is also included.

I doubt any of this would happen but its a slow day for me.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/22/2014  8:07 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Utah's trading John Lucas, Malcolm Thomas and Erik Murphy to Cleveland for Carrick Felix, future 2nd and $1M, sources tell Yahoo.

If Minny is looking to unload Martin and Barea would it be smart to take on those contracts if the knicks get a 1st rd pick out of it somehow? That would affect future flexibility somewhat and increase the stock pile of SGs unless one of the knicks is also included.

I have an unrelated question. Each team gets $3M each season to use in trades and purchase picks. If team like Utah receives cash in trade, can they add that to their $3M allotment?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/22/2014  8:17 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

I have an unrelated question. Each team gets $3M each season to use in trades and purchase picks. If team like Utah receives cash in trade, can they add that to their $3M allotment?

Appears to be a maximum limit received and traded in a season total $3mil and a little change

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q97

VCoug
Member: #1406

7/22/2014  8:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

No, they can't. It's just cash that goes in the owners' pockets.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
RonRon
Member: #246
7/23/2014  10:09 AM
We own Kenyon Martin's early bird rights, even as tax payers we are allowed to sign and trade our own players....

Questions?

1- Can we facilitate a partial guaranteed contract like 1m guaranteed, with rest unguaranteed like we did earlier with Dan Gadzuric/Q Richardson?

2- Should we participate if we can do such a trade that will help Cleveland build a contender but helps us gain an asset or 2?
Building a Uncle Drew/Uncle Love/ Papa King and Pepsi, while these were some of the talents we were looking forward to recruiting?
It is likely happening with or without us, do we get in on it to get some assets or not at this point

I surely would not mind if we can somehow get rid of Pablo and get back Barea to mentor Larkin *perfect mentor/skill sets* and assets, though I think we will have to find a creative way to defend that team with Tristan Thompson and a possibly healthy Varaejo...

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/23/2014  1:12 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Cleveland's discussions with Minnesota have escalated with the Cavaliers' willingness to include No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins in the deal, sources said. Without Wiggins, there's no other combination of Cleveland players and picks that would interest Minnesota. Once Wiggins signs his rookie contract, a trade involving him can't be formally completed for 30 days.

The Cavaliers are working to obtain non-guaranteed contracts that could be a part of a package for Love, allowing the Cavaliers to deliver players that could be released immediately upon completion of a deal, sources said. This would give Minnesota salary-cap relief as part of a trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavs-looking-for-trade-parts-for-deal-for-kevin-love-185536749.html

If Love really is interested in winning he should tell the Twolves he will only sign with the Cavs, and then wait until the offseason and sign outright with them, instead of having them give up pieces in a trade

Oh no you di-in'dt!

And look at Love's playoff record aka the "real" season! And he plays no D!

What are you talking about - the man is undefeated in the postseason!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2014  6:31 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo · 9h
The Mavericks have voided forward Rashard Lewis' one-year contract after finding out he needed knee surgery in his physical, a source said.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE

7/23/2014  10:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
The Mavericks have voided forward Rashard Lewis' one-year contract after finding out he needed knee surgery in his physical, a source said.

They recover and do this

He'll probably do very well playing for Carlisle and with Dirk

CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2014  11:07 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

They recover and do this

Great signing.
CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2014  11:08 PM
Spears reporting Jameer is signing with the Mavs.
CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2014  11:17 PM
“@GwashburnGlobe: NBA source tells Globe that Ray Allen is leaning toward returning for 19th season and joining LeBron James with #cavaliers”
yellowboy90

7/23/2014  11:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

They recover and do this

Great signing.

It really is. Its not that he is that great but he is young and plays defense fairly wells but rebounds great for his position and finishes very well. A nice cheap rotation player. I thought he would have worked well in the triangle as cutter. Maybe he turns into Ariza over time. Oh Well.

yellowboy90

7/23/2014  11:20 PM
What's up with Marion?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/23/2014  11:21 PM
Aminu is a lot better than Rashard at this point in their careers. Getting Jameer is a nice move for them too. Greg Smith the C they picked up from Chicago I think will surprise some people. Parsons really completes their lineup nicely. Maybe Tyson will get a flu shot this year.

Anyway if they've got Harris, Felton and Jameer at PG, I wonder what they do with Gal Mekel. Mekel has some game.

F500ONE

7/23/2014  11:22 PM
Omri Casspi supposedly had interest in joining our team[not sure how real it was]but rather to head back to Sacramento.

http://fansided.com/2014/07/14/new-york-knicks-rumors-omri-casspi-interested/#!bkSWiH

That's odd he'd rather play there than give us a look

“My agent (Dan Fegan) is talking with a number of teams, and the Kings are one of them," said Casspi. "Couldn’t they use a stretch forward who can hit a three and loves to run? I think I could help, and it would be fun to play with Rudy (Gay), DeMarcus (Cousins), J.T. I still have a lot of friends there. I would love to come back and fulfill my path. But now I have to concentrate on the national team, and maybe, I can get some of this pressure off my chest.”
RonRon
Member: #246
7/24/2014  10:37 AM
Rashard Lewis playing a Novak type role with more "veteran" presence?
He looked like he found his stroke back late last season though he was playing with Lebron

But was ineffective when San Antonio decided to stick to him, however, in the Triangle, maybe he could be better utilized with the combination of player/ball movement
For the vet min, I don't think he would be a bad signing

I wonder what contract would Marion be demanding at his age, assuming he is out of our price range, at the very least without our mini MLE anymore

CrushAlot
USA
7/24/2014  10:41 AM
RonRon wrote:Rashard Lewis playing a Novak type role with more "veteran" presence?
He looked like he found his stroke back late last season though he was playing with Lebron

But was ineffective when San Antonio decided to stick to him, however, in the Triangle, maybe he could be better utilized with the combination of player/ball movement

I wonder what contract would Marion be demanding at his age, assuming he is out of our price range, at the very least without our mini MLE anymore

I think he needs knee surgery before he can play again.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/24/2014  12:16 PM
RonRon wrote:Rashard Lewis playing a Novak type role with more "veteran" presence?

What happend to darko?

mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
7/24/2014  12:54 PM
Nalod wrote:

What happend to darko?

BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/24/2014  2:06 PM
mattshaw78 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

What happend to darko?

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy