[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/21/2014  5:25 PM
F500ONE wrote:

The East continues to become more balanced, top to bottom.

Evan Turner improves this balance how exactly?

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/21/2014  5:49 PM
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Wow. A portion of their mid level. Seems like a very good deal for Boston. I thought he might end up in Indy with Lance leaving.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/21/2014  6:19 PM
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

The same way we have a glutton of guards.

I was only speaking from a competitive roster in comparison to the rest of the East

Obviously they need to make a trade IMO.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ainge already has one cookin

Why can't Ainge and Stevenson get the most out of

Rondo
Turner
Bradley
Smart
Thornton
Pressey
Young

How Phil and Fisher can get the most out of

Smith
Shumpert
Calderon
Larkin
Hardaway
CleAnthony
Prigoni

Personally I would have preferred for Turner to sign out West somewhere, but maybe this signing screws them up major

H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/21/2014  7:13 PM
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

I was only speaking from a competitive roster in comparison to the rest of the East

Rondo
Turner
Bradley
Smart
Thornton
Pressey
Young

Smith
Shumpert
Calderon
Larkin
Hardaway
CleAnthony
Prigoni

Personally I would have preferred for Turner to sign out West somewhere, but maybe this signing screws them up major

Turner is a good deal at half the mid level only because he has skills and may have a break out season. So far his career has been a huge diappointment as evidenced by Philly essentially giving hi up for nothing, and he was their lead or second leading scorer! That tells you a lot.

Turner is a minus defender, has absolutely no shot and is grossly inefficient. He couldn't figure out how to score on a pacers team that was absolutely dying for any type of offense though that may not have been entirely on Turner.

In any case, time is running out on Turner developing into a good starter in the NBA and Ainge is gambling on that potential which is tantalizing for sure. I think he's a bit of a headcase personally.

CrushAlot
USA
7/21/2014  7:41 PM
Interesting group of guys left as free agents.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24630908/the-leftovers-the-20-best-remaining-free-agents
F500ONE

7/21/2014  8:22 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Rondo
Turner
Bradley
Smart
Thornton
Pressey
Young

Smith
Shumpert
Calderon
Larkin
Hardaway
CleAnthony
Prigoni

Turner is a good deal at half the mid level only because he has skills and may have a break out season. So far his career has been a huge diappointment as evidenced by Philly essentially giving hi up for nothing, and he was their lead or second leading scorer! That tells you a lot.

Turner is a minus defender, has absolutely no shot and is grossly inefficient. He couldn't figure out how to score on a pacers team that was absolutely dying for any type of offense though that may not have been entirely on Turner.

In any case, time is running out on Turner developing into a good starter in the NBA and Ainge is gambling on that potential which is tantalizing for sure. I think he's a bit of a headcase personally.

It will be either a low risk or a high reward, if you're a gambler these are the stakes you want.

Needless to say if Ainge has a trade cooking, do we want in

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/22/2014  12:37 AM
E-Turn might want to start saving his money..........
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2107406-evan-turners-ferrari-runs-out-of-gas-on-the-freeway
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/22/2014  10:29 AM
Evan Turner is right where he belongs. Taking NBA scraps to simply stay in the league. If Mardy Collins juiced he would be Evan Turner. Seriously he's terrible. Just watch him play.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/22/2014  1:24 PM
evan turner would be coming off the bench during an ultimateknick pick up game.
smackeddog
7/22/2014  2:46 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
F500ONE wrote:

Rondo
Turner
Bradley
Smart
Thornton
Pressey
Young

Smith
Shumpert
Calderon
Larkin
Hardaway
CleAnthony
Prigoni

I also read that out of 74 players who had plaid x amounts of minutes, his PER was 74th. I've no idea what that means, but it doesn't sound good!

CrushAlot
USA
7/22/2014  3:12 PM
Cleveland's discussions with Minnesota have escalated with the Cavaliers' willingness to include No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins in the deal, sources said. Without Wiggins, there's no other combination of Cleveland players and picks that would interest Minnesota. Once Wiggins signs his rookie contract, a trade involving him can't be formally completed for 30 days.

The Cavaliers are working to obtain non-guaranteed contracts that could be a part of a package for Love, allowing the Cavaliers to deliver players that could be released immediately upon completion of a deal, sources said. This would give Minnesota salary-cap relief as part of a trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavs-looking-for-trade-parts-for-deal-for-kevin-love-185536749.html
F500ONE

7/22/2014  3:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Cleveland's discussions with Minnesota have escalated with the Cavaliers' willingness to include No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins in the deal, sources said. Without Wiggins, there's no other combination of Cleveland players and picks that would interest Minnesota. Once Wiggins signs his rookie contract, a trade involving him can't be formally completed for 30 days.

The Cavaliers are working to obtain non-guaranteed contracts that could be a part of a package for Love, allowing the Cavaliers to deliver players that could be released immediately upon completion of a deal, sources said. This would give Minnesota salary-cap relief as part of a trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavs-looking-for-trade-parts-for-deal-for-kevin-love-185536749.html

I was just reading this.

Love should veto this potential move like Melo did when news broke he was on his way to New Jersey

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/22/2014  3:55 PM
The knicks could fit their needs but I am not sure they want to help an Eastern conference team. What is the point in getting better if you made a team better than you? However, Dalembert is a established center but also partially guaranteed but there is also Brown and Tyler's contract that are non guaranteed I think.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/22/2014  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2014  4:09 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:The knicks could fit their needs but I am not sure they want to help an Eastern conference team. What is the point in getting better if you made a team better than you? However, Dalembert is a established center but also partially guaranteed but there is also Brown and Tyler's contract that are non guaranteed I think.

I'd take Tristan Thompson off their hands. Works in trade checker http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mamwq6k

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/22/2014  4:07 PM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I was just reading this.

Love should veto this potential move like Melo did when news broke he was on his way to New Jersey

Why? Didn't Love already say he wants to play with Bron and would sign an extension with the Cavs?

F500ONE

7/22/2014  4:11 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I was just reading this.

Why? Didn't Love already say he wants to play with Bron and would sign an extension with the Cavs?

The post reflected Love being in Melo's black book but you're right I guess Lebron has 1 too.

Looks like it's coming down to Marc Gasol or bust

smackeddog
7/22/2014  4:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

If Love really is interested in winning he should tell the Twolves he will only sign with the Cavs, and then wait until the offseason and sign outright with them, instead of having them give up pieces in a trade

F500ONE

7/22/2014  4:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2014  4:43 PM
smackeddog wrote:If Love really is interested in winning he should tell the Twolves he will only sign with the Cavs, and then wait until the offseason and sign outright with them, instead of having them give up pieces in a trade

The difference may be, Love is currently on a losing team in a tougher division running the risk of losing for a 7th straight season

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/22/2014  5:06 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If Love really is interested in winning he should tell the Twolves he will only sign with the Cavs, and then wait until the offseason and sign outright with them, instead of having them give up pieces in a trade

Oh no you di-in'dt!

H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/22/2014  7:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2014  7:11 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Oh no you di-in'dt!

And look at Love's playoff record aka the "real" season! And he plays no D!

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy