[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/18/2014  4:14 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Jan Vesely is a 7' PF/C type that is still out there. Former #6 pick overall from the Bullets in 2011. We need tall centers. This might be a player that Big Chief Triangle is looking for.

They keep mentioning needing to improve the frontcourt with PF/C guys, even after signing Smith, so it could be. Does he pass? Does he have a jumper?

that guy is pretty bad. If Anthony Randolph was an ugly white Euro dude he would be Jan Vesly
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2014  11:28 PM
Wesley Johnson signing with the lakers.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/18/2014  11:31 PM
“@WojYahooNBA: Yahoo Sources: Kevin Seraphin accepts $3.8M qualifying offer with the Washington Wizards. http://yhoo.it/1rnZZ8D”
CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2014  1:00 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 3h
Just heard Bulls are indeed in process of finalizing deal to sign free-agent guard Aaron Brooks to add some scoring off the bench

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/19/2014  1:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 3h
Just heard Bulls are indeed in process of finalizing deal to sign free-agent guard Aaron Brooks to add some scoring off the bench

Probably a good pickup. Thibs is like MDA when it comes to back up pgs. lol.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
7/19/2014  5:52 PM
Brooks in there to play the DJ Augustin role which is a good role for him
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/19/2014  6:08 PM
VDesai wrote:Brooks in there to play the DJ Augustin role which is a good role for him

Bulls have upgraded their offense, but every player they've added sucks defensively- Gasol, Brooks, McBuckets & Mirotic- it will be interesting to see if it blows up in their face.

F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/19/2014  7:56 PM
smackeddog wrote:
VDesai wrote:Brooks in there to play the DJ Augustin role which is a good role for him

Bulls have upgraded their offense, but every player they've added sucks defensively- Gasol, Brooks, McBuckets & Mirotic- it will be interesting to see if it blows up in their face.

Since defense wasn't necessarily a problem of theirs, depth gives them flexibility to offset between positions.

One thing Thibs is good at getting players to play in their system

F500ONE

7/19/2014  7:59 PM

Not bad cheap pickups by the Bucks, they needed better talent.

VCoug
Member: #1406

7/19/2014  8:00 PM
F500ONE wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Since defense wasn't necessarily a problem of theirs, depth gives them flexibility to offset between positions.

One thing Thibs is good at getting players to play in their system

And it's not as if every player needs to be a good defender for a team to have good defense. No matter what they'll be a top team in the East and if Rose can come back at all they'll be title contenders.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
USA
7/19/2014  8:25 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine · 4h
But Bucks are looking for passers and backcourt upgrades and will soon add KMarshall as newest guard alongside recent signed Jarryd Bayless

CrushAlot
USA
7/21/2014  11:50 AM
Stephen A. On first take saying Kobe should come to NY for Amare.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/21/2014  12:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Stephen A. On first take saying Kobe should come to NY for Amare.

Im usually not for that kind of thing but crazy as it sounds its not a bad idea. Its a starphuch for sure.

Send Shump with Amare, or JR smith and Im ok with that. Phish works well with Kobe. Its two years, as long as we are planning long term IM ok with that.

I'd be curious to see how Bargnani surrounded With Talent might elevate his game as well!

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
7/21/2014  12:55 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Stephen A. On first take saying Kobe should come to NY for Amare.

Im usually not for that kind of thing but crazy as it sounds its not a bad idea. Its a starphuch for sure.

Send Shump with Amare, or JR smith and Im ok with that. Phish works well with Kobe. Its two years, as long as we are planning long term IM ok with that.

I'd be curious to see how Bargnani surrounded With Talent might elevate his game as well!

it doesn't sound too crazy...wow... i'd throw every other body we could into the pot.

Our team would be:
Calderone / Prigs
Kobe / THJr
Melo / Early
Bargs / Body
Body / Body

what am i missing?

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
CrushAlot
USA
7/21/2014  1:00 PM
Nalod wrote:

It would be exciting and the Knicks would just bump their cap space back to 2016. Kobe loves Phil, came into the league with Fish and has said he is his favorite teammate. It might be hard on a rookie coach to have to manage Kobe.
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
7/21/2014  1:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

It would be exciting and the Knicks would just bump their cap space back to 2016. Kobe loves Phil, came into the league with Fish and has said he is his favorite teammate. It might be hard on a rookie coach to have to manage Kobe.

I take it back...i don't see Kobe giving us any more than JR can currently give us and with no knee, don't even see him giving anything on defense.

I'd rather have shump, JR and Amare. for another year or at the least to the all star break.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
7/21/2014  1:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I'd imagine that's not in the plans. Phil and Melo structured the contract to give that little extra "wiggle room" in 2015. Not that it'll make a tremendous difference, but it looks as though 2015 is part of Plan A.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/21/2014  2:54 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I'd imagine that's not in the plans. Phil and Melo structured the contract to give that little extra "wiggle room" in 2015. Not that it'll make a tremendous difference, but it looks as though 2015 is part of Plan A.

I think its max planning. Knicks havent had a front office that can think past the next move, its why we always traded picks. I think the cap wiggle room is just that. If the cap stays the same next year it could be the difference between a nice depth player or not.

Kobe has a no trade. I think he would approve that trade, but Knicks would have to include an asset.

Also I thought it was his achillies not his knees? Interesting scenario though

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/21/2014  4:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I think its max planning. Knicks havent had a front office that can think past the next move, its why we always traded picks. I think the cap wiggle room is just that. If the cap stays the same next year it could be the difference between a nice depth player or not.

Kobe has a no trade. I think he would approve that trade, but Knicks would have to include an asset.

Also I thought it was his achillies not his knees? Interesting scenario though

Kobe don't get traded, Kobe gets onboard and wants to be in NY!
Even if he did not have the "No Trade", nobody wants a Kobe that don't what to be where Kobe wants to be!!
Kobe got that all time Laker legacy and should have a statue of his own. 5 rings is 5 rings.
Lakers would want more than Amare in return. They can have one of Shump, THJ or JR smith. Im sure they get more from us as well.

Kobe don't get us a ring, but no ring is coming in next two years anyway.

F500ONE

7/21/2014  5:20 PM

The East continues to become more balanced, top to bottom.

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy