[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2014  12:07 AM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Rumors of Josh smith being traded to the kings for Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams or Jason terry. The Kings seem to be in IT mode!
Terry wants to be bought out so he can play in Dallas. Terry isn't a favorite of mine. I wouldn't mind if he spent a year in Detroit.

ON what egotistical planet to you even care where Terry plays as long as he is not a knick?
Not sure that was necessary but Terry as an opponent has been a pretty nasty guy to the team I follow. Not sure what planet you are coming from with your comment.

Is that Detroit or Dallas? Why wouldn't you mind if the guy is in Detroit? I don't get it?

He wants to be in Dallas. I wouldn't mind if he gets stuck in Detroit.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
7/18/2014  12:28 AM
“@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say New Orleans is signing Jimmer Fredette to a one-year deal”
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2014  12:30 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Rumors of Josh smith being traded to the kings for Jason Thompson and Derrick Williams or Jason terry. The Kings seem to be in IT mode!
Terry wants to be bought out so he can play in Dallas. Terry isn't a favorite of mine. I wouldn't mind if he spent a year in Detroit.

ON what egotistical planet to you even care where Terry plays as long as he is not a knick?
Not sure that was necessary but Terry as an opponent has been a pretty nasty guy to the team I follow. Not sure what planet you are coming from with your comment.

Is that Detroit or Dallas? Why wouldn't you mind if the guy is in Detroit? I don't get it?

Im sorry, "stuck", why? Some how it would pleasure you that he be in detroit then in his home city where his family is because you find him "arrogant"? Not that I care one way or the other, but the fact you would is interesting!

CrushAlot
USA
7/18/2014  12:33 AM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Im sorry, "stuck", why? Some how it would pleasure you that he be in detroit then in his home city where his family is because you find him "arrogant"? Not that I care one way or the other, but the fact you would is interesting!

No deep thought went into it. I am not a fan of terry's or his antics. Just reacting as a fan.
Nalod
USA
7/18/2014  7:27 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

No deep thought went into it. I am not a fan of terry's or his antics. Just reacting as a fan.

Fair enough!

CrushAlot
USA
7/18/2014  8:24 AM
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick · 8h
Free agent big man Ekpe Udoh considering contenders, with decision expected this weekend. Was close to Clippers until they did Glen Davis.

Also, Pelicans have signed Fredette.
F500ONE
Member: #5844

7/18/2014  11:29 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
“@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say New Orleans is signing Jimmer Fredette to a one-year deal”

Somehow it seems other teams manage to get players to sign cheap.

I have a feeling whoever we sign next year they will eat up every last penny of cap space

CrushAlot
USA
7/18/2014  11:58 AM
F500ONE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Somehow it seems other teams manage to get players to sign cheap.

I have a feeling whoever we sign next year they will eat up every last penny of cap space

Hopefully with new management in place that won't be the case.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/18/2014  12:33 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234349/Cavs-Willing-To-Include-Wiggins-In-Offer-To-Wolves-For-Love

I think this is a mistake. Wiggins can be Pippen to LeBron.

Nalod
USA
7/18/2014  1:22 PM
Wiggins is a 19 year old and we don't know what he is. Love is untested, as is Irving but the talent is there.

Love can bring the Cav's the East now while Wiggins is about potential. Its gonna be Lebrons call.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/18/2014  1:29 PM
Nalod wrote:Wiggins is a 19 year old and we don't know what he is. Love is untested, as is Irving but the talent is there.

Love can bring the Cav's the East now while Wiggins is about potential. Its gonna be Lebrons call.

I will be forever suspicious of Kevin Love until he actually has a winning season- I always find it fishy when a player puts up such eye popping numbers like he does, yet seems to have zero impact on the game. If I were the Cavs I'd stick with the young guys, and so also keep some salary cap flexibility.

Nalod
USA
7/18/2014  1:35 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:Wiggins is a 19 year old and we don't know what he is. Love is untested, as is Irving but the talent is there.

I will be forever suspicious of Kevin Love until he actually has a winning season- I always find it fishy when a player puts up such eye popping numbers like he does, yet seems to have zero impact on the game. If I were the Cavs I'd stick with the young guys, and so also keep some salary cap flexibility.

You build up too much on one player. The reason he wants out has been the nutty way Glen Taylor runs that team and the clumsy rosters his asks his GM's to create!
No doubt his numbers on a well rounded team would drop, but if you ever watch the kid play, you see the talent. He can stroke it deep and rebound. Trust your eyes, not the stats!!!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

7/18/2014  2:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:

When the Cavs signed LBJ, everyone on that team not named Lebron or Kyrie became an asset.

NYKBocker
USA
7/18/2014  2:13 PM
MarShon Brooks. Why has this guy not signed on yet with another team? He was invited to the Sac Kings SL team but other than that...nothing. I thought he was pretty good.
smackeddog
7/18/2014  2:16 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

You build up too much on one player. The reason he wants out has been the nutty way Glen Taylor runs that team and the clumsy rosters his asks his GM's to create!
No doubt his numbers on a well rounded team would drop, but if you ever watch the kid play, you see the talent. He can stroke it deep and rebound. Trust your eyes, not the stats!!!

And it might just be a case of the T-Wolves being terrible- but until I see him have a winning season with my own eyes, I'll have some doubt!

NYKBocker
USA
7/18/2014  2:26 PM
Jan Vesely is a 7' PF/C type that is still out there. Former #6 pick overall from the Bullets in 2011. We need tall centers. This might be a player that Big Chief Triangle is looking for.
smackeddog
7/18/2014  2:34 PM
Lakers have surprisingly waived Kendal Marshall.

Typical- we finally sort out our PG woes and backup PG woes, and suddenly, for the first time in years there are multiple PG options that could be had for the minimum/cheap- Marshall, Sessions, Jameer Nelson, Aaron Brooks, Luke Ridnour.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/18/2014  3:33 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Jan Vesely is a 7' PF/C type that is still out there. Former #6 pick overall from the Bullets in 2011. We need tall centers. This might be a player that Big Chief Triangle is looking for.

They keep mentioning needing to improve the frontcourt with PF/C guys, even after signing Smith, so it could be. Does he pass? Does he have a jumper?

Knicks_Fan
NYKBocker
USA
7/18/2014  3:38 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Jan Vesely is a 7' PF/C type that is still out there. Former #6 pick overall from the Bullets in 2011. We need tall centers. This might be a player that Big Chief Triangle is looking for.

They keep mentioning needing to improve the frontcourt with PF/C guys, even after signing Smith, so it could be. Does he pass? Does he have a jumper?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jan-vesely
NBA Comparison: Mike Dunleavy/Andrei Kirilenko

Strengths: Possesses a terrific combination of size and length for the SF position ... Offensively, he improved his low post game and is looking to post up more this year; he can post up smaller defenders and uses his height advantage to score over defenders; has a height/length advantage on almost every player in Europe ... Jan has good motor and excellent ability to run the floor (most of his points are off of dunks, put-backs and points in transition) ... Good hands around the basket ... Facing up to the basket, he is able to get to the rim quickly due to his quickness and good first step. Very explosive off the floor when attacking the bucket and finishes strong ... As a shooter he improved since last year and feels more confident taking shots outside the 3pt line and creating off the dribble; his mechanics and follow-through look fluid; good elevation on his shot ... If he catches the ball and his feet are set and pointed towards the basket he usually will knock down shots ... Defensively he is good, thanks to his length and can guard multiple positions ... His lateral quickness is impressive for his size and he does a solid job at moving his feet (good P&R defender and closes well on the perimeter staying in front of guards) ... Plays with lot of emotion ... A competitive player that hustles for loose balls and brings energy on the court ...

Weaknesses: Vesely needs to continue improving his offensive skills. He's still a work in progress as a player as his athleticism and "wow plays" exceed his effectiveness and consistency ... He has had a decent season but more was expected from him coming into the year ... He is limited to one or two dribbles when creating off the dribble and needs to improve his 1-on-1 game and ball-handling skills ... Has to become more efficient/consistent shooter overall (50% FG, 46% FT, 46.3% 3FG in Euroleague and 74.1 % FG, 51% FT, 31.8% 3FG in NLB League) ... Hasn't added any weight since last year and will have to get stronger in order to compete in the NBA; still has trouble finishing plays under pressure ... Has strength and athleticism but not productive enough as a rebounder (4.4 rpg in NLB League and only 2.9 rpg in Euroleague) ... Could run into some problems fitting into an NBA position as his length slows him some on the perimeter in the half court set and he lacks the strength and toughness to play in the paint right now ...

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/18/2014  4:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:

agree... Like David Lee's 20/12, almost 4 assists, shot 55%, played in every game and the Knicks couldnt win 30 games. Good player. Good stats. Low impact.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy