[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/30/2014  8:19 AM

Tuesday at 12:01 am, the phones can start ringing. The Tour de Melo starts as does the Miami Watch.

Melo Will visit with Chicago who as Nalod has mentioned frequently won't likely amnesty Boozer. How do I know this, just from following Reinsdorf for years its consistant. This is a guy that won't pay taxes. Now would he if they where legit contenders and had a one year window? I don't know. We get used to Dolan doing crazy stuff like the Amnesty on Billups and turning around and signing Tyson. While it might not weigh much on us, that was like 28million. Didn't get us very much.

Is this the dude Melo wants to partner with to "Win?

Rockets need to dump Lin and his $15 mil and says they can do that. OK. Who plays point guard again? Can they bring back Chandler? Do they really offer us Harden?

Lebron: PHX can make a two star splash. I suppose Sarver has his money in order now? COmpelling team winning 48 last year but I don't see Lebron and Melo making a superfriends reunion.

Lakers? JErry is gone, Jennie is cool but Jimmy is making his run for the New Dolan.

Predictions? I guess its time to lay it on the line UKers and Make them.

Safe to say the easy way is for history to sort of repeat and the home team usually retaining their players after a few days of attention seeking. Lebron and his supefriends figure out how to retool the bench and Melo Stays providing the big splash is Pau.
Thats Pau for one year. Nalod understands the media will hype it and usually little happens. If Im wrong, it will be more fun!!!

Year two? Woosh, thats a tough one to call.

The starphuch sign and trade is the big factor. PJax saying he won't do it but its a nice way to warn teams to not count on it and puts them on guard that we won't make it easy for them.

IM split, I want to see Melo fulfill his Moobyistic quest and go out a winner but another part wants to move forward without him and build a new foundation with some sign and trade assets.

Melo leaves, we bring in Pau and Deng with Yoots and cap flex going into the next two years. Marc Gasol and Durant in NY?

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

6/30/2014  9:37 AM
Nalod wrote:
Tuesday at 12:01 am, the phones can start ringing. The Tour de Melo starts as does the Miami Watch.

Melo Will visit with Chicago who as Nalod has mentioned frequently won't likely amnesty Boozer. How do I know this, just from following Reinsdorf for years its consistant. This is a guy that won't pay taxes. Now would he if they where legit contenders and had a one year window? I don't know. We get used to Dolan doing crazy stuff like the Amnesty on Billups and turning around and signing Tyson. While it might not weigh much on us, that was like 28million. Didn't get us very much.

Rockets need to dump Lin and his $15 mil and says they can do that. OK. Who plays point guard again? Can they bring back Chandler? Do they really offer us Harden?

Lebron: PHX can make a two star splash. I suppose Sarver has his money in order now? COmpelling team winning 48 last year but I don't see Lebron and Melo making a superfriends reunion.

Lakers? JErry is gone, Jennie is cool but Jimmy is making his run for the New Dolan.

Safe to say the easy way is for history to sort of repeat and the home team usually retaining their players after a few days of attention seeking. Lebron and his supefriends figure out how to retool the bench and Melo Stays providing the big splash is Pau.
Thats Pau for one year. Nalod understands the media will hype it and usually little happens. If Im wrong, it will be more fun!!!

The starphuch sign and trade is the big factor. PJax saying he won't do it but its a nice way to warn teams to not count on it and puts them on guard that we won't make it easy for them.

IM split, I want to see Melo fulfill his Moobyistic quest and go out a winner but another part wants to move forward without him and build a new foundation with some sign and trade assets.

Melo leaves, we bring in Pau and Deng with Yoots and cap flex going into the next two years. Marc Gasol and Durant in NY?

How do these NBA beat writers keep their jobs. They completely fabricate stories

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Ira
Member: #91
6/30/2014  9:41 AM
Bosh officially informed the Heat that he will opt out on July1.
Nalod
USA
6/30/2014  11:13 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

How do these NBA beat writers keep their jobs. They completely fabricate stories

Its WHY they keep their jobs!!!!
They get paid to generate "Clicks".......

Joe Six Pack likes to takes sides, assign an enemy, a "Villan", root against the bad guy,. Tear him down, watch him fall then cheer for a "Comeback"!!!!

BTW, fans are allowed to have their own opinions but its hard to cut thru the fabricated and deal with facts.

Joe Six pack also like to think they are "in the know" and actually a part of the process!

Read some of Ron Rons stuff, you get the idea!

Don't get me wrong, we have some posters here that actually watch games and form their own opinions. They might not be right most of the time, but they are THINKING!

Guys LIke ISOLA are drumming up readership with rants and redundant stories.

Fans are hungy for news. Hungry for Rumors!!!

Its why we exist here and on Hoopshype!!! Color me guilty as charged!!!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

6/30/2014  11:57 AM
With so many teams with huge amounts of cap room, I think you would have to run all of the possible scenarios and then rank them for probability which would be a huge fruitless undertaking. It really all boils down to 'what does Lebron do'. The big question there now that they've all opted out is 'how much less' will they take and 'how much better will they be'. Also, how much damage has been done to the super friendship in the process.

Lebron will be the first domino, then everything else will fall into place depending on what he does.

Nalod
USA
6/30/2014  1:53 PM
Rookie wrote:With so many teams with huge amounts of cap room, I think you would have to run all of the possible scenarios and then rank them for probability which would be a huge fruitless undertaking. It really all boils down to 'what does Lebron do'. The big question there now that they've all opted out is 'how much less' will they take and 'how much better will they be'. Also, how much damage has been done to the super friendship in the process.

Lebron will be the first domino, then everything else will fall into place depending on what he does.

No doubt, and Bosh is in their as well.

I think after that is the KLove potential trade.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/30/2014  2:31 PM
Bron might want the Max. woo woo woo.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/30/2014  2:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Joe Six Pack likes to takes sides, assign an enemy, a "Villan", root against the bad guy,. Tear him down, watch him fall then cheer for a "Comeback"!!!!

BTW, fans are allowed to have their own opinions but its hard to cut thru the fabricated and deal with facts.

Joe Six pack also like to think they are "in the know" and actually a part of the process!

Don't get me wrong, we have some posters here that actually watch games and form their own opinions. They might not be right most of the time, but they are THINKING!

I get it by WTH would the Rockets trade us Harden for Melo that makes zero sense.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
USA
6/30/2014  2:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2014  2:50 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I get it by WTH would the Rockets trade us Harden for Melo that makes zero sense.

It was a very interesting one. WE get Harden in Trade and Rockets get Lebron via free agency.

The only way that happens is Lebron goes to Rockets first and the plan is he wants to play with Melo but they need the cap space so hence a trade.
Hey, I'll take Harden in that trade. Even if we push him to another team via trade!!

Couldn't they move Harden for Love????

They have to move Lin first...........

The big deals are talked up but rarely happen. In the end, Melo'd kid is happy in his preschool and thats what counts!

Nalod
USA
6/30/2014  3:24 PM
In a Melo'Less world....

Has anyone considered what Chicago did reaching up to get Doug McDermott? Despite his pigment, he has some fans in high places that think the world of him.
No doubt Bulls can use him in its existing lineup and the kid could do very well.

Or,

He is used as trade bait in a deal for KLove?

Being KnickCentric, they could package him with Booze and ship him to Knicks for Melo and Priggs!!

Then we can argue if he is the Next Larry Bird or Gallo!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2014  8:50 AM
The Rockets are chasing Lowry. Wojo tweeted that morey went to Philly to meet with Kyle.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2014  12:17 PM
Amick tweeting stuff about another potential lockout.
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick · 3h
.@USATODAYsports has obtained @TheNBPA memo advising players to take salary over 18 months v. 12 b/c of lockout possibility (@soshnick h

CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2014  12:18 PM
In memo, interim director Ron Klempner points out how owners made "provisions" w/ TV networks in last lockout to keep getting rights fees

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/1/2014  12:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Amick tweeting stuff about another potential lockout.
.@USATODAYsports has obtained @TheNBPA memo advising players to take salary over 18 months v. 12 b/c of lockout possibility (@soshnick h

Might be one of the reason's LeBron is pushing for the max.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2014  12:35 PM
Klempner: "No reason the players should not make every effort to take the same precaution."Players & owners can opt out after 2016-17 season

This advice is being shared w/ free agents who would have to include provision in their new deals. Provision added in last negotiations.

CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2014  12:43 PM
Possible work stoppage, rather. Both sides have opt outs RT @AFricke: the lockout possibility bc of upcoming tv deal
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2014  12:47 PM
Rockets are trying to get Lowry. Would they be able to add Lowry and either Melo or Love?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/1/2014  12:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Possible work stoppage, rather. Both sides have opt outs RT @AFricke: the lockout possibility bc of upcoming tv deal
interesting because I have heard the TV deal will be huge and blow up the cap. Lockout seems to think the owners will want to ensure that added revenue goes in their pockets not the player. Ill wait for it to pick up steam
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2014  2:56 PM
• ESPN reports that Luol Deng will not take a signficant paycut to join Miami. Deng is said to be one of the Heat's primary targets while they use their 'window' to upgrade the roster before the Big 3 re-sign.

• The Bulls are going all-out on their meeting with Carmelo Anthony Tuesday, including huge billboards showing him in a Chicago uniform. But Chicago is said to be "pessimistic" about their chances with Anthony.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24602006/nba-free-agency-roundup-kyrie-irving-agrees-to-max-extension-more
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/1/2014  3:01 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
interesting because I have heard the TV deal will be huge and blow up the cap. Lockout seems to think the owners will want to ensure that added revenue goes in their pockets not the player. Ill wait for it to pick up steam

After the new sales of the teams and the revenue growth after the previous lockout a stoppage was always coming. It has more to do with the players than the owners.

July 1st: The Free agent Thread...............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy