Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/24/2014  12:51 PM
mreinman wrote:
tkf wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
tkf wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I think we definitely would've been much better off had we signed Johnson instead of Amare than added Melo

I actually think Joe and amare would have been a better pairing.. not great, but better.. at least not oil and water.... joe can actually play some PG..

Amare is damaged goods. Talent level goes up with Melo & Joe. There games would compliment better than Amare. As it turned out this Melo/Amare era has been a HUGE disappointment.

well I am assuming a healthy amare, as we would have acquired both in the same year.. a damaged goods amare would not be good with anyone pretty much..

Joe and carmelo are both ball stoppers, maybe joe to a lesser extent.. but there is no compliment there.. I am sorry guns, but i have yet to find a player that plays well with carmelo outside of billups, maybe that is why GM's have had such a hard time building around this guy.... the next route would be to try a different approach... joe is playing a role now that fits him, just makes way too much.. carmelo should be playing a similar role, but good luck getting that to happen...

Ok ... so now you are getting used to the fact that Billups played well with Melo (slowly lying a kicking child you are learning, I can see that in your posts. Now you are even (though wrongly) talk about efficiency. Kudo to you, and I respect you trying to grow.

Let me give you another piece of info. DYK that your boy Iverson had his most efficient years in Denver?

There are many players that played well with Melo even though he has Koby-Chuck-Itis.

You can't just say things that other people say and just corrupt their meaning and intent.

Good luck with trying to tell him what to say. And I think you're corrupting what he's saying. He actually means Billups is able to overcome playing with Melo, not that Melo's play has anything to do with Billups playing well.

Next up: why Kevin Love is still better than Melo despite not making the playoffs for 6 years. In the same better conference that Melo left.

AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/24/2014  1:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  1:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
tkf wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I think we definitely would've been much better off had we signed Johnson instead of Amare than added Melo

I actually think Joe and amare would have been a better pairing.. not great, but better.. at least not oil and water.... joe can actually play some PG..

Amare is damaged goods. Talent level goes up with Melo & Joe. There games would compliment better than Amare. As it turned out this Melo/Amare era has been a HUGE disappointment.

well I am assuming a healthy amare, as we would have acquired both in the same year.. a damaged goods amare would not be good with anyone pretty much..

Joe and carmelo are both ball stoppers, maybe joe to a lesser extent.. but there is no compliment there.. I am sorry guns, but i have yet to find a player that plays well with carmelo outside of billups, maybe that is why GM's have had such a hard time building around this guy.... the next route would be to try a different approach... joe is playing a role now that fits him, just makes way too much.. carmelo should be playing a similar role, but good luck getting that to happen...

again.. you named the best player Melo played with and what happened? Success and a deep playoff run. Joe Johnson.. good stats, max player nothing but first round flame outs. Until.... yes, thats right, HIS SUPPORTING CAST IMPROVED. Of course you cant see MElo making the adjustments the many other guys in his situation have made. Because your only capable of spewing hate in any discussion here so its a big yawn. Joe Johnson. Kevin Garnett. We say it with Sprewell. Takes more than one guy to win.

fish you are basically justifying what some feel.. carmelo should not be a first option or a guy you "build" around.. neither should joe johnson.. why you keep bringing up garnett is a mystery... the guy was in minny with a team that went through major injuries, and a punishment from the NBA where they lost draft picks... garnett was in a different situation.. why can't you see that?

As far as joe, I will say this.. he spend 7 seasons in atlanta, went to the playoffs 5 of those 7 seasons and advanced to the second round 3 of those 5 times... including 3 in a row... although not great, it is not the getting bounced in the first round every year as you said he was...with the hawks he made it to the second round more than he didn't when his teams made the playoffs.. cant' say the same about carmelo bro...

Joe is playing a role now he should have been playing.. why can't you admit that about carmelo.. what you are hoping for are for guys to come "save" carmelo, so you can say.. "SEE carmelo has led his team again"...

come on bro.. that is getting old..

every single player should have more success when the talent around them increases.. Ok, but carmelo is not being paid to ride along.. he was obtained to be that difference maker.... If you want to pay someone.. pay billups as carmelo had the most success with him.. you could almost justify paying billups more as he didn't need carmelo to be succesful, he already is a champion and finals Mvp.. carmelo is nowhere close....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/24/2014  2:00 PM
my brain is dizzy trying to untangle.

I just was wondering how the best Joe J's Atlanta teams would have done against the best Denver Melo teams.

Eh... who cares ... lets just stick to Correlation = Causation type theories

so here is what phil is thinking ....
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/24/2014  2:59 PM
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
knickstorrents wrote:nah, he blows. almost as bad as melo

Melo, the same dude that aspiring contenders (with impeccable reputations) are trying to get him?

We don't that until it happens. We don't know what chicago does nor Houston does. Looks like Rockets are in a bit of a hole down 0-2 at home to POrtland. While its not Dwight, and its not just Harden but if you looking at one and done disappointments maybe bringing in Melo, who knows plenty about that is a good idea?

Thats not fair, nor slaming McHale who was instumental in getting Dwight to come to Houstan. Sometimes its not how bad you play, but how good the other team plays.

Im sure we can just blame Lin!

Alright, fair. We don't know if those two teams are actually interested in Melo. But where there is smoke (rumors) there is often fire. I suspect that in the next three months that these rumors become truth. And if they are true, having two well run organizations clamor for Melo, will help to justify his value to any franchise and quiet this nonsense about him being a cancerous player.

Should We Have Traded For Joe Johnson?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy