Member: #1388
Russian Federation
4/24/2014  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  2:29 PM
tkf wrote:
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
tkf wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:We have seen the first signs of it with Washington. Now teams like Orlando Milwaukee Boston Detroit will continue to stockpile high caliber talent that is salary controlled + each tam is opening up just as much or more cap space than us. It will be very interesting how we go about things and how PJ puts the team together.

just think Briggs, orlando will have two lottery picks this draft.. Their own and either the knicks or Denver, whichever is lower.. either way, they will add two talented youngins to that team with some good young talent on it already..

Same with Philly who also have MCW and Noel already

good point, very good point..

So what are you saying?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Are you flip flopping? Can you clarify?

High draft picks are the reward for a lost season. They can be great assets. They can be wasted (see Bargs, Curry).

I will glady clarify, thanks for asking... I am not for teams intentionally tanking to win the lottery, I call them losers.. just like in life.. I work every day, have my own business as well, and I play the lottery.. you see I am not waiting for the lottery to improve my position in life, but If I hit it, then I call that reward or good karma for working hard and doing things the right way..

those who sit around , do nothing and spend their grocery money hoping to hit the lottery.. well that is a losers mentality..

you can apply that here in the NBA.. play to win, if in your hard work, you don't make the playoffs then you get the reward of the lottery, for example the suns....

You see fish, how simple that is.. no flip flopping.. I stand by what I say..

High draft picks are the reward for a lost season. They can be great assets. They can be wasted (see Bargs, Curry).

or they can be great assets... wall, lillard, durant, lebron, etc..... funny how the cavs tried hard and tanked to get lebron... then he leaves them high and dry a some years later... Karma....

I hope teams like the suns get a high pick...

So tank intentionally and get a higher % and a(no guarantees) #1 and you are a loser? (Tim duncan and Wade say hello) But not tank and do the best you can, end up with not the best chance to win %1 and your are good to go? Hmm Your arguement fails, sir, with all due respect. What applies in real life ,as far as waiting for the lottery(need to feed your family), is the opposite of how things work in the NBA. Singnature change is long overdue, but just like in a lottery there is no guarantee of that,is there ?

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/24/2014  2:34 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
tkf wrote:
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
tkf wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:We have seen the first signs of it with Washington. Now teams like Orlando Milwaukee Boston Detroit will continue to stockpile high caliber talent that is salary controlled + each tam is opening up just as much or more cap space than us. It will be very interesting how we go about things and how PJ puts the team together.

just think Briggs, orlando will have two lottery picks this draft.. Their own and either the knicks or Denver, whichever is lower.. either way, they will add two talented youngins to that team with some good young talent on it already..

So what are you saying?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF

I will glady clarify, thanks for asking... I am not for teams intentionally tanking to win the lottery, I call them losers.. just like in life.. I work every day, have my own business as well, and I play the lottery.. you see I am not waiting for the lottery to improve my position in life, but If I hit it, then I call that reward or good karma for working hard and doing things the right way..

those who sit around , do nothing and spend their grocery money hoping to hit the lottery.. well that is a losers mentality..

you can apply that here in the NBA.. play to win, if in your hard work, you don't make the playoffs then you get the reward of the lottery, for example the suns....

or they can be great assets... wall, lillard, durant, lebron, etc..... funny how the cavs tried hard and tanked to get lebron... then he leaves them high and dry a some years later... Karma....

So tank intentionally and get a higher % and a(no guarantees) #1 and you are a loser? (Tim duncan and Wade say hello) But not tank and do the best you can, end up with not the best chance to win %1 and your are good to go? Hmm Your arguement fails, sir, with all due respect. What applies in real life ,as far as waiting for the lottery(need to feed your family), is the opposite of how things work in the NBA. Singnature change is long overdue, but just like in a lottery there is no guarantee of thatis there ? :P

that approach is that of a loser... the spurs didnt tank intentionally, they suffered an injury to david robinson, they tried to win games, even going and getting dominque williams, although past his prime was still playing well for the spurs...

the heat.. not sure they tanked, they just weren't that good, brian grant and eddie jones were somewhat on the decline, caron butler was a baby... they weren't tanking..

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/24/2014  2:49 PM
they tanked tfk... everyone knew it. That draft was top heavy with Duncan and KVH regarded as cant miss franchise players. But make up history to suit your own arguement. They lost in the first or 2nd round the year before. Niq was a veteran minimum player for them. Please
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/24/2014  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  3:43 PM
tkf wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:The talent is always there, teams just never quite put it together. Remember when Brandon Jennings got drafted by Milwaukee? They were considered an up and coming contender after his rookie year, then fell apart. Indiana is looking like they have already maxed out. Teams like Cleveland and Detroit have been stockpiling high picks forever and can't turn the corner. It's easy to get excited about lottery talent, but odds are slim these young teams pan out.

Well said, out of all these teams 2 of them will probably turn out really good. The rest will be rebuilding again in 4 yrs.

People just get so caught up in young talent and draft picks, its mind-bloggling. The majority of those teams just spin their wheeles every few years.

or maybe you are crapping on the process because the knicks have never had the smarts to take that route and stick to it..

is portland spinning their wheels? the clippers, the wizards? the bobcats?

how do you get the lebrons and the wades' and the kevin loves, and lillards? come on now..

The majority of the teas are not spinning their wheels but are winning.. tell me, how have the knicks method served them?

The process fails most. Yes, to answer your question, the Bobcats are spinning their wheeles, have been for years. You are naming teams who have yet to be as good as the Knicks were last season, and there is no proof they will continue to improve. So what point are you trying to prove? That a team that gets young talent can eventually make the playoffs? Then i agree!!! But you are assuming all of these teams will continue to improve, make all of the right decisions, and players will all develop according to plan. Until then, they are just perennial lottery teams who find a way into the playoffs every once in awhile.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/24/2014  3:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  3:44 PM
tkf wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
tkf wrote:
fishmike wrote:
tkf wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
tkf wrote:

So what are you saying?

So tank intentionally and get a higher % and a(no guarantees) #1 and you are a loser? (Tim duncan and Wade say hello) But not tank and do the best you can, end up with not the best chance to win %1 and your are good to go? Hmm Your arguement fails, sir, with all due respect. What applies in real life ,as far as waiting for the lottery(need to feed your family), is the opposite of how things work in the NBA. Singnature change is long overdue, but just like in a lottery there is no guarantee of thatis there ? :P

that approach is that of a loser... the spurs didnt tank intentionally, they suffered an injury to david robinson, they tried to win games, even going and getting dominque williams, although past his prime was still playing well for the spurs...

the heat.. not sure they tanked, they just weren't that good, brian grant and eddie jones were somewhat on the decline, caron butler was a baby... they weren't tanking..

Was this Dominique Williams guy any good?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Young talent filtering into east

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy