The More Things Change, The More Dolan Stays The Same
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
4/23/2014  8:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2014  8:42 AM
Signs Of Trouble In The Garden of Good and Evil

Of course, Dolan also lied about giving Donnie Walsh full autonomy when he hijacked the Carmelo Anthony trade negotiations from the long-time and respected basketball executive. Although Walsh wanted to acquire Anthony, his advice to Dolan was to wait until the trading deadline to strike a better deal with the Denver Nuggets. Dolan ignored Walsh and eventually gave the Nuggets a promising young center in Timofey Mozgov and the Knicks’ 2014 first-round pick, which is now a lottery pick.

Phil Jackson cleans out the coaching staff

Among the coaches fired on Monday was long-time assistant Herb Williams, who is well-liked in the organization. Within one hour, there was a report that the organization would “encourage” the next head coach to keep Williams. It was an odd story, which read like it was planted by someone other than Jackson, because why would Jackson fire Williams and then encourage the next coach to rehire him?

Was Herb Williams the fixture that Dolan did not want replaced?

Meet The Suits (damn we are top heavy)

Executive Chairman, Madison Square Garden & NBA Governor James L. Dolan - please stay home
President & Chief Executive Officer, Madison Square Garden & NBA Alternate Governor Tad Smith - please stay away
Vice-Chairman, Madison Square Garden Hank J. Ratner - please have a seat
President, New York Knicks Phil Jackson

General Manager Steve Mills - can take a hike
Assistant General Manager/GM, White Plains Varvaros (named after the deli) DLeague Allan Houston - please stay in Hartsdale
Vice President, Player Development, Marketing and Team Operations Chris Bernard, on the bubble
Vice President, Basketball Operations Jamie Mathews, how many people do we need? Sheesh
Basketball Advisor Glen Grunwald why is he still around?

Director, Security John Donohue "just five minutes fellas"
Director, Basketball Operations John Gabriel - he can take a hike
Director, Pro Player Personnel Mark Hughes - see above
Directors, Player Relations Jeannette Kew, Asani Swann, more media gestapo, they can go

Director, Scouting and Administration Kristian Petesic - she can take a hike too
Director, Data Analytics & Pro Scout Mike Smith - see ya, we now have Zen
Director of Operations, MSG Training Center Miguel Vazquez, cool

Director, Player Personnel Mark Warkentien - another holdover from the past, adios Clarence Gaines Jr steps in
Scouts Kevin Wilson, Walker D. Russell, Gary Boyson, Ben Jobe
Manager, Player Security Max Cayard
Manager, Building Operations, MSG Training Center Steven Kaminski

Coordinator, Player Development Damon Jones
Executive Assistant to Executive Vice President & GM and Head Coach Dianela Correia Edwards, see Jeannie Buss
Executive Chauffeur Bill Kalish - maybe
Basketball Operations Coordinator Brett Fuller - tbd

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
USA
4/23/2014  9:00 AM
Spy vs Spy

Q. Which suits are Dolan's spies?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/23/2014  9:08 AM
Frank Isola report
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh
Member: #1081

4/23/2014  9:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2014  9:16 AM
Reports stating Dolan and Phil clashed over firings...So much for keeping cool after 0-20 start..
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
4/23/2014  9:39 AM
Herb"the snitch" Williams. I never liked Herb even when he was playing. He brings nothing to the table as a coach. As a big man the Knicks had Agguire and he is sf work with the big men in the past. I like Dolan's loyalty it's good that Phil and Dolan threw Isola a bone. It shows loyal concern by Dolan also makes it look like Phil has total control over the organization which he does. If I see Herb in any facet of being a Knick I will be highly disappointed.
misterearl
USA
4/23/2014  9:46 AM
Spy vs Spy

martin wrote:Frank Isola report

Perhaps Martin, but please review the NYK employee roster posted above, and tell me if you spot any redundancies?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/23/2014  9:53 AM
Someone tell me again about how patient rebuilding can be done at NY Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/23/2014  9:59 AM
Isola's articles about the Knicks read like is was written by a women scorned....
misterearl
USA
4/23/2014  10:03 AM
Mission Statement

jrodmc wrote:Someone tell me again about how patient rebuilding can be done at NY Knicks.

jrodmc - this ain't no rebuild. This is a corporate restructuring.

Only after Uncle Phil gets the suits re-organized to his preferences, can any conversation about roster construction begin. Rebuild? Not yet homeskillet.

The front office is the place to start. Anyone who misses this core truth is simply interested in a superficial flipping of baseball cards. That is not how you build a championship franchise. We still have Glen Grunwald hanging around. What sense does that make?

Where does change start?

Change starts at the top.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/23/2014  10:11 AM
Vmart wrote:Herb"the snitch" Williams. I never liked Herb even when he was playing. He brings nothing to the table as a coach. As a big man the Knicks had Agguire and he is sf work with the big men in the past. I like Dolan's loyalty it's good that Phil and Dolan threw Isola a bone. It shows loyal concern by Dolan also makes it look like Phil has total control over the organization which he does. If I see Herb in any facet of being a Knick I will be highly disappointed.

Dolan cutting Herb loose would be like Kima cutting Bubbles loose in "The Wire." It takes years to develop a good a snitch.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JS3
Member: #5692

4/23/2014  10:18 AM
Isola is pretty stupid person, to say the least.

He hates Berman (from the post) and generally he is in sort of dispute with official Knicks PR staff, he will try to bring any kind of dirt that he can.

PS
He is an *******

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/23/2014  10:32 AM
JS3 wrote:Isola is pretty stupid person, to say the least.

He hates Berman (from the post) and generally he is in sort of dispute with official Knicks PR staff, he will try to bring any kind of dirt that he can.

PS
He is an *******

Well I guess he can sell a story. Honestly wouldnt this type of stuff be talked about before u sign a 60mm $ contact--I have to think yes,

RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/23/2014  10:36 AM
hey Jimmy D - go Fuck yourself
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/23/2014  10:41 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

PS
He is an *******

Well I guess he can sell a story. Honestly wouldnt this type of stuff be talked about before u sign a 60mm $ contact--I have to think yes,

Yeah, it reminds of that one dumb team that approved a team option for Chauncey Billups only to amnesty him a short while later lol. It's going to take a while to set things in order here. Maybe even longer than Phil has got. Not the biggest Isola fan, but this story doesn't come close to being in top 20 of Knicks front office follies during the past two decades.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JS3
Member: #5692

4/23/2014  10:58 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

PS
He is an *******

Yeah, it reminds of that one dumb team that approved a team option for Chauncey Billups only to amnesty him a short while later lol. It's going to take a while to set things in order here. Maybe even longer than Phil has got. Not the biggest Isola fan, but this story doesn't come close to being in top 20 of Knicks front office follies during the past two decades.

Never said it did, just saying what i think on Isola.

I have the BR app on my iphone, and Isola is useless, all he does is pound Berman and praise Mario Balotteli (Italian Soccer player) he is a dusssshhh

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/23/2014  11:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2014  11:28 AM
I wouldn't say he praises Balotelli. More like he pokes fun at him for being a loose cannon

And I enjoy his pounding of Marc Berman and his interpretations of actual quotes

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/23/2014  1:17 PM
SAS said Phil tried to sack the medical staff and Dolan said no...
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/23/2014  1:20 PM
holfresh wrote:SAS said Phil tried to sack the medical staff and Dolan said no...

this is funny.

I hope that phil does not ask to re-renovate the garden.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/23/2014  1:26 PM
Like I said in the other thread, Isola is desperate for this Phil move not to work out- he spent the past few weeks pushing the 'Phil refuses to speak to the media- nothing has changed' story, then the same night Phil spoke to the media, and has spoken several times since. Now Isola is back pushing the 'Dolan won't let Phil make the moves he wants to- nothing has changed'- Isola can't bare to lose Dolan in his life! He'd have to come up with new stories and actually do some journalism.
93BUICK
Member: #1175
USA
4/23/2014  4:06 PM
Team Chaplin replaced with Ninja- Dolan is on board- team sources- #real talk
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
The More Things Change, The More Dolan Stays The Same

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy