[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If The Bulls Lose In The First Round, Does Melo Maintain His Interest In Them?
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/23/2014  10:16 AM
I heard melo just wants the opportunity to see how it feels to be a FA, he's never had that opportunity, doesn't know what it feels like and just want to experince. There's about a 5% chance that he leaves NYK. I have a very reliable source who works for melo here in baltimore.
ES
AUTOADVERT
JS3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5692

4/23/2014  10:19 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I heard melo just wants the opportunity to see how it feels to be a FA, he's never had that opportunity, doesn't know what it feels like and just want to experince. There's about a 5% chance that he leaves NYK. I have a very reliable source who works for melo here in baltimore.

Couldn't he done that 3 years ago?

Clean
Member: #743
4/23/2014  11:48 AM
JS3 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I heard melo just wants the opportunity to see how it feels to be a FA, he's never had that opportunity, doesn't know what it feels like and just want to experince. There's about a 5% chance that he leaves NYK. I have a very reliable source who works for melo here in baltimore.

Couldn't he done that 3 years ago?

He wanted the most money possible. This would mean getting a contract extension rather than be a free agent in a year the CBA would change. In the end I read an article that stated he gained about 3 to 5 mil. That 3 to 5mil costed us assets that could have gone to get CP3. I understand he did not know it would be that little of an amount but the facts are the facts.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/23/2014  12:16 PM
franco12 wrote:yes- they would be adding him and rose to a team that made it to the play offs 2 years in a row without key players.

They also have 2 first round picks this year - don't they? Plus a couple next year?

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/23/2014  12:17 PM
misterearl wrote:The prodigal Baltimore son returns

Melo would complete a championship calibre roster in Washington.

The Wizards have outstanding guards (Beal, Wall) and decent (Gortat, Nene) big men. All they need is the middle man.

Why would Wizards mess with Wall/Beal development/chemistry by adding a complete gunner like Melo to the mix.

He's show up and the 2 young guns would go into a funk watching Melo walk the ball up court and wave them off into the corner.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/23/2014  12:20 PM
i like the bulls team but if they lose this round that means more leverage to get melo to accept a major pay cut.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/23/2014  12:22 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
martin wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:I'm not sure the bulls have any real assets we would want back. I say if melo really wants to go to the bulls, he takes less money and years and loses in Jordan's shadow.

Draft picks, Euro big how is supposed to be very good. Decent assets.

What leads people to believe we'd get anything if Melo leaves? Isn't the likely scenario that we get nothing if he leaves?

Because he wants his money, which would require those teams to gut their team anyway. In the case of Chicago, they view Boozer as being a negative and with an owner that has historically been cheap, I doubt they simply amnesty him. If we were willing to take Boozer back and save them the trouble of gutting their team much, I think they'd be willing to surrender some assets.

NardDogNation

4/23/2014  12:24 PM

The Wizards have outstanding guards (Beal, Wall) and decent (Gortat, Nene) big men. All they need is the middle man.

They'd have nothing I'd want. They are not giving up their core.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/23/2014  12:26 PM

Do they have cap space to sign Melo outright? Thinking it would have to be a S&T, and they'd have to give us some value back. Maybe Beal+Nene? Doubtful.

sealy
Member: #3291
USA
4/23/2014  12:44 PM
I also am in the "doubt he leaves" category, but if a S&T did happen w/ Chicago some combo of Butler, Gibson, rights to Mirotic, future 1st rounder wouldn't be too bad considering the circumstances.

Having Prigs may help coax Mirotic to come over, since he still seems to be mulling it over.

NardDogNation

4/23/2014  12:49 PM
Vmart wrote:

I don't see the Wizards wanting to take a step backwards.

Yeah, aspiring title contenders that have been well run over the years (e.g. Chicago and Houston) have all been clamoring for Melo because they view him as "a step backwards".

NardDogNation

4/23/2014  12:50 PM

That's all PR bull****. If being a free agent is so illustrious, why isn't Amar'e and Tyson opting out for the "experience". The reality is that Melo is seriously considering the thought of leaving.

NardDogNation

4/23/2014  12:53 PM
LivingLegend wrote:

Why would Wizards mess with Wall/Beal development/chemistry by adding a complete gunner like Melo to the mix.

He's show up and the 2 young guns would go into a funk watching Melo walk the ball up court and wave them off into the corner.

Melo was never an impediment to Team USA's offense and they had far more star power. It's a myth that Melo's game somehow encumbers his teammates'.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
4/23/2014  12:55 PM
The wiser choice for Melo if he were to leave would be to go to Houston with Harden and Howard. Plus the Rockets consistently put out decent teams and are a quality organization.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/23/2014  12:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2014  1:01 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Melo was never an impediment to Team USA's offense and they had far more star power. It's a myth that Melo's game somehow encumbers his teammates'.

why is it that people will ignore 13 years of carmelo's NBA CAreer and keep pointing to a few months of olympic play...?

when you ignore 13 years of NBA play and keep refering to the olypics you are reaching.. when did the olympics become the gold standard of NBA play?

When people talk of guys like MJ, Bird, Magic, do you ever hear them use the olypics to defend any of these guys?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NardDogNation

4/23/2014  12:58 PM
Moonangie wrote:

Do they have cap space to sign Melo outright? Thinking it would have to be a S&T, and they'd have to give us some value back. Maybe Beal+Nene? Doubtful.

I doubt they do that trade. Would you if you were them?

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/23/2014  12:58 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I don't see the Wizards wanting to take a step backwards.

Yeah, aspiring title contenders that have been well run over the years (e.g. Chicago and Houston) have all been clamoring for Melo because they view him as "a step backwards".

who said ever said they were clamoring for him? those teams have shown interest in a number of players... clamoring? come on dude...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/23/2014  1:15 PM
tkf wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

why is it that people will ignore 13 years of carmelo's NBA CAreer and keep pointing to a few months of olympic play...?

when you ignore 13 years of NBA play and keep refering to the olypics you are reaching.. when did the olympics become the gold standard of NBA play?

When people talk of guys like MJ, Bird, Magic, do you ever hear them use the olypics to defend any of these guys?

Like you ignore his play with Chauncy Billups?

The olympics showed how well Melo can look in that type of offensive system. A good system coach should use him the same way (if they had creators obviously)

so here is what phil is thinking ....
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

4/23/2014  1:29 PM
NardDogNation wrote:

That's all PR bull****. If being a free agent is so illustrious, why isn't Amar'e and Tyson opting out for the "experience". The reality is that Melo is seriously considering the thought of leaving.

Because nobody in their right mind would offer them better then what they are going to get next year. Melo on the other hand will lock in a long term deal that will lead him into the twilight of his career (paycut or not). Melo would be a fool not to opt out.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/23/2014  1:32 PM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Because nobody in their right mind would offer them better then what they are going to get next year. Melo on the other hand will lock in a long term deal that will lead him into the twilight of his career (paycut or not). Melo would be a fool not to opt out.

Also, they both were already FAs before so they already have the experience. Why did Chris Paul opt out last year when he had Griffin and Jordan?

If The Bulls Lose In The First Round, Does Melo Maintain His Interest In Them?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy