Should We Be Pursuing K.Love?
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/23/2014  12:48 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Yes. I can't imagine Melo agreeing to an S & T sending him to Minnesota though.

That wasn't what I suggested. We would send Melo to Chicago and then re-route Chicago's package and a few assets of our own (e.g. THJr) for K.Love and their bad contracts.

You're right. My bad.
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/23/2014  2:51 PM
babyKnicks wrote:
EnySpree wrote:The best deal for us is sending Melo to Houston in a sign and trade. Sheeeet...send Amare too and make it a party.

Agreed. Maybe worth taking back Asik, Lin and parsons.

I think that could be a little over $30 mill. So maybe they take jr or Felton off our hands.

Houston may not make it out the first round. Chicago isn't looking too good either, but no assets that give us options in 2015 and a team in 2014.

Lin, shump, parsons, amare, chandler not bad starting 5.
Asik, hardaway jr, bargs and prigs...and odom.

I believe that would be much more fun than this last year was for sure.

We could root again.

Did this on tradechecker in another thread. It only works for Houston if they take Melo only, don't forget they still have to pay Harden and DHow. And why would you give them Felton or JR anyway, other than you hate them both?

Who the eff wants Amare? Expirings aren't worth sheehit anymore.

Funny thing was, Hollinger predicted we'd get 7 more losses with our cheaper toys, and Houston only gets two more wins with MeloBigPart3. For whatever that's worth, which, according to Bonn, isn't much.

RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/23/2014  5:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2014  5:22 PM
I cannot see a STINGY GM that loves to make NYK's overpay for talent, giving up Parson in any deal for CA
Morey will always "TRY to get the upper hand in trades", he knows who he can bully, and use leverage to his advantage
While Parsons might never be a #1 got man or an have an "ALL STAR LABEL" or "FRANCHISE PLAYER", he is a very skilled player that Houston would look to keep
Players like Chandler Parsons, Patrick Beverley, and Terrence Jones are all crucial players that have great size/athleticism, all round talent, and have great versatility to be KEY PARTS to being LEGIT contenders

As of now, Harden, D12, and then probably Parson's are the BIG 3, while Beverley and Jones both being young/talented assets
CA would override Parsons as being part of the big "3" possibly big 4+
However, I do not see Morey budging with Parsons, while both Lin and Asik are great players of Houston's bench, they certainly are expendable

Because Morey is so stingy and CA is NOT a need but would be a "want"
I am not even sure how many draft picks, while I would want 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd round picks, some of which that are for this summer
Will they take back Felton (preferably) and/or JR Smith, I am positive Morey would see acquiring Felton's contract being valued as giving up a 1st round pick

Deals that Morey made teams OVERPAY for talent
========================================================

1- Just look at what Morey made us pay for getting rid of 1 and 1/2 of Jared Jeffries (which was about 5-6m if I remember correctly for the final year)

Jordan Hill (TOP 10 pick though wasn't showing much talent with his rookie year with Dantoni) He eventually was traded for Laker's 1st round pick a couple years later
future 1st rounder
possible swap 1st rounder

So in a sense, Morey got 1 1st round picks (one from Knicks, one from Lakers, and possibly 1 swap though it didn't make a difference)

2- 1st round picks, TD, cash to pay for TD salary that they got back form NYKs, Jerome Jordan, unguaranteed contracts, and for a 38 year old Center in Camby (who they had no interest in keeping anyway)

3- Courtney Lee and his bloated contracts for 2 2nd round picks from Celtics (while he cleared salary for The Rockets

Deals that Morey didn't get to make another team overpay for talent
================================================================================

1- Lowry for 1 1st round pick

2- Losing Dragic for NOTHING while acquiring Lin instead, while Dragic cost a bit less than Lin

Both PG's in Lowry and Dragic were far superior players and proven more than Lin

RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/23/2014  5:42 PM
Yes, I think he would be a great fit in the Triangle
His max contract starts about at 15-17m

Max players
==================
If I could choose between Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge I would have a tough time choosing
While Love has more range, LA shoots a great % from inside the 3pt line, and has more size/length/athleticism than Love, in addition to Kevin Love being somewhat injury prone
Love is also the better rebounder but I think LA's physical abilities allow him to be the better defender
Either player would work well in the Triangle especially if we can target both Durant and Noah to team up with them

For 2015, I certainly would target both players, and sign some key "STAR's" and "role players" at VALUE contracts
There are too many players here but getting them at a "VALUE or DISCOUNT" just to name a few

All at the right price
============================

Dragic

Thad Young, Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler (team option)

Marc Gasol/ Roy Hibbert

Tony Parker and Rudy Gay *at the right price*

Arron Afflalo, Monta Ellis, AL Jefferson, Millsap

Asik/DeAndre Jordan/Varajo (depending on health)

Lin, Robin Lopez, Brandon Wright, Speights, Hickson, MosGoV (TEAM Option)

with the room exemption, or with LOW contracts *with salary cap*, preferably with vet min (possibly player options with 2nd year)

Tim Duncan
Gereld Green
Matt Barnes
Ginobili

=====================

And for 2016, target both Durant and Noah, if they do not sign an extension to stay with their teams

Till then work on building on a team system/philosophy, and players that WILL WORK HARD both on and off the court

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/23/2014  6:31 PM
RonRon wrote:Yes, I think he would be a great fit in the Triangle
His max contract starts about at 15-17m

Max players
==================
If I could choose between Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge I would have a tough time choosing
While Love has more range, LA shoots a great % from inside the 3pt line, and has more size/length/athleticism than Love, in addition to Kevin Love being somewhat injury prone
Love is also the better rebounder but I think LA's physical abilities allow him to be the better defender
Either player would work well in the Triangle especially if we can target both Durant and Noah to team up with them

For 2015, I certainly would target both players, and sign some key "STAR's" and "role players" at VALUE contracts
There are too many players here but getting them at a "VALUE or DISCOUNT" just to name a few

All at the right price
============================

Dragic

Thad Young, Jeff Green, Wilson Chandler (team option)

Marc Gasol/ Roy Hibbert

Tony Parker and Rudy Gay *at the right price*

Arron Afflalo, Monta Ellis, AL Jefferson, Millsap

Asik/DeAndre Jordan/Varajo (depending on health)

Lin, Robin Lopez, Brandon Wright, Speights, Hickson, MosGoV (TEAM Option)

with the room exemption, or with LOW contracts *with salary cap*, preferably with vet min (possibly player options with 2nd year)

Tim Duncan
Gereld Green
Matt Barnes
Ginobili

=====================

And for 2016, target both Durant and Noah, if they do not sign an extension to stay with their teams

Till then work on building on a team system/philosophy, and players that WILL WORK HARD both on and off the court

LA does not shoot a high percentage from anywhere. He is an efficient scorer at all.

There is nothing that LA does better offensively than Love and it really is not even close.

He is certainly the better defender.

I think that Love would fit really nicely with Phil. LA too, but he needs far better shot selection and he can't shoot the 3 which makes Love far more valuable.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Should We Be Pursuing K.Love?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy