[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should We Be Pursuing K.Love?
Author Thread
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/22/2014  11:31 AM
At this point, I don't see Carmelo re-signing with us (at least on favorable terms). We need to start looking into sign and trade opportunities for him and I think that with the Bulls showing interest, they would be an ideal partner. As I've said a dozen times, we should look to include Shumpert, Jeremy Tyler and Cole Aldrich with Melo and then take back the rights to Nikola Mirotic, Carlos Boozer, both their first round picks (16 and 19) and Jimmy Butler in principle. Rather than rebuild though, wouldn't it just make sense to flip those guys for Kevin Love and a few bad T-Wolve contracts?

As much as Kevin Love could leave in 2015, I think that it would be worth the gamble. For one, it gives us more time to evaluate our roster and avoid making any rash decisions. Just as important, Kevin Love, IMO, is younger and a superior player to Melo at this point, which makes a 2015 rebuild/retool even more likely to be successful. Yeah, we'd still probably suck but with a potential lottery pick, I could see us making dramatic enough improvements in the subsequent offseason to coax Love into committing to us long term.

Thoughts?

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2014  11:48 AM

Let MY MELO GO!
Hello Lebron
Keep a spot open for Love.
NardDogNation

4/22/2014  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2014  12:30 PM
Nalod wrote:
Let MY MELO GO!
Hello Lebron

You mean sign and trade Melo for LeBron? Because both will be free agents this offseason and we don't have any cap space. Needless to say, I doubt that the Heat do it unless LeBron is dead set on leaving (and I don't see any justifiable reason to leave).

Also, I highly doubt that Kevin Love ever becomes a free agent. The Wolves will have traded him before the 2015 offseason and avoid the possibility of losing him for nothing ala Deron Williams and the Jazz, CP3 and the Hornets, Dwight Howard and the Magic, etc.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/22/2014  1:58 PM
And how much experience does PJax have in drafting, again?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2014  2:14 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Let MY MELO GO!
Hello Lebron

You mean sign and trade Melo for LeBron? Because both will be free agents this offseason and we don't have any cap space. Needless to say, I doubt that the Heat do it unless LeBron is dead set on leaving (and I don't see any justifiable reason to leave).

Also, I highly doubt that Kevin Love ever becomes a free agent. The Wolves will have traded him before the 2015 offseason and avoid the possibility of losing him for nothing ala Deron Williams and the Jazz, CP3 and the Hornets, Dwight Howard and the Magic, etc.

From what we know, Melo wants Dwight Howard treatment and be wined and dined. The suprise was he wanted to lay low in Houstan, not LA.

As soon as Melo steps into free agency and Lebron is "Pondering" the plane leaves Teterboro (Leave Dolan home) with Phil and his Triangle Posse south to Miami. Put Mills in the back with his laptop in hand. Riles bought his rings, Phil brings his. Riles has 5, PHil brings his two fist fulls, and the two on his toes! Yeah, 13 of them!

Lay out the plan. Lay out the Rings. Let Lebron keep the 1973 ring and tell him he can have it until they win one in NY! Have a replica made first! Still good drama.

Im not slamming Melo, I just rather have Lebron.

NardDogNation

4/22/2014  2:25 PM
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Let MY MELO GO!
Hello Lebron

From what we know, Melo wants Dwight Howard treatment and be wined and dined. The suprise was he wanted to lay low in Houstan, not LA.

As soon as Melo steps into free agency and Lebron is "Pondering" the plane leaves Teterboro (Leave Dolan home) with Phil and his Triangle Posse south to Miami. Put Mills in the back with his laptop in hand. Riles bought his rings, Phil brings his. Riles has 5, PHil brings his two fist fulls, and the two on his toes! Yeah, 13 of them!

Lay out the plan. Lay out the Rings. Let Lebron keep the 1973 ring and tell him he can have it until they win one in NY! Have a replica made first! Still good drama.

I've got no qualms there, lol. As much as Melo is my favorite player, I'd prefer to have LeBron as a Knick instead. It's a shame that we did not position ourselves to have cap space this offseason because I think that Melo and LeBron would be one hell of a 1-2 punch at the forward spots. LOL, maybe Melo goes to MIA. I totally forgot that they'll have cap space this offseason. I wouldn't mind including Tyson Chandler and getting Chris Bosh back in return.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/22/2014  2:45 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Let MY MELO GO!
Hello Lebron

I've got no qualms there, lol. As much as Melo is my favorite player, I'd prefer to have LeBron as a Knick instead. It's a shame that we did not position ourselves to have cap space this offseason because I think that Melo and LeBron would be one hell of a 1-2 punch at the forward spots. LOL, maybe Melo goes to MIA. I totally forgot that they'll have cap space this offseason. I wouldn't mind including Tyson Chandler and getting Chris Bosh back in return.

Okay, I'm no FluBrokenPersonalTysonChicken fan, but that idea just made me throw up my coffee. You are fond of the more than occasional airball, I'm guessing?

Would be just like the ongoing curse of Riley to give us Bosh and end up with Melo/Lebron/what's left of Wade. And watch Tyson play the whole season and revert to DPOY form.

NardDogNation

4/22/2014  3:23 PM
jrodmc wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Let MY MELO GO!
Hello Lebron

Okay, I'm no FluBrokenPersonalTysonChicken fan, but that idea just made me throw up my coffee. You are fond of the more than occasional airball, I'm guessing?

Would be just like the ongoing curse of Riley to give us Bosh and end up with Melo/Lebron/what's left of Wade. And watch Tyson play the whole season and revert to DPOY form.

It's better than getting nothing, which is a legitimate prospect of Melo this offseason. If the Heat throw in a few picks and we get to dump Felton, I'd take the deal.

H1AND1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5648

4/22/2014  8:56 PM
jrodmc wrote:And how much experience does PJax have in drafting, again?

How much experience does PJax have in any front office capacity, again?

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

4/22/2014  9:05 PM
Pjax doesn't need experience, he has a grip on universal truths so he
Done
By your
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
H1AND1
Member: #5648

4/22/2014  9:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2014  9:15 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Pjax doesn't need experience, he has a grip on universal truths so he
Done
By your

I was simply stating that none of us really know what PJax will do besides implement the triangle. Stating he isn't going to be interested and/or competent in making draft picks simply because he doesn't have a track record is complete conjecture since he doesn't have a track record of doing well ANYTHING as a front office executive.

I personally am putting my faith in PJax no matter what approach he takes. What other choice do I have? Until he proves to be a bust as an exec I choose to be optimistic whether he builds through the draft or starphucks a triangle with trades, cap space and cheap and/or crafty vets and young-ins.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/23/2014  6:02 AM
Yes. I can't imagine Melo agreeing to an S & T sending him to Minnesota though.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

4/23/2014  7:20 AM
The best deal for us is sending Melo to Houston in a sign and trade. Sheeeet...send Amare too and make it a party.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/23/2014  7:41 AM
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Let MY MELO GO!
Hello Lebron

I think it's a possibility but not getting my hopes up. A lot of people feel Lebron will go back to Cleveland. I don't see him playing for a dysfunctional organization and owner. Maybe he stays in Miami as THE MAN

babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
4/23/2014  7:46 AM
EnySpree wrote:The best deal for us is sending Melo to Houston in a sign and trade. Sheeeet...send Amare too and make it a party.

Agreed. Maybe worth taking back Asik, Lin and parsons.

I think that could be a little over $30 mill. So maybe they take jr or Felton off our hands.

Houston may not make it out the first round. Chicago isn't looking too good either, but no assets that give us options in 2015 and a team in 2014.

Lin, shump, parsons, amare, chandler not bad starting 5.
Asik, hardaway jr, bargs and prigs...and odom.

I believe that would be much more fun than this last year was for sure.

We could root again.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/23/2014  8:02 AM
^Love it!!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
4/23/2014  8:37 AM
No. Not a winner.
NardDogNation

4/23/2014  11:51 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Yes. I can't imagine Melo agreeing to an S & T sending him to Minnesota though.

That wasn't what I suggested. We would send Melo to Chicago and then re-route Chicago's package and a few assets of our own (e.g. THJr) for K.Love and their bad contracts.

NardDogNation

4/23/2014  11:52 AM
EnySpree wrote:The best deal for us is sending Melo to Houston in a sign and trade. Sheeeet...send Amare too and make it a party.

That'd work too....then we could send that package to Minnesota for Love, lol.

NardDogNation

4/23/2014  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/23/2014  12:02 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:No. Not a winner.

Neither was Zach Randolph before he stumbled into Memphis or KG before he found Sprewell and Cassell for a year, then Boston for several. We could add CP3 to the list as well. Give Love some good teammates and he'll morph into a "winner" too.

Should We Be Pursuing K.Love?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy