[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

players who would make GREAT knicks
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
4/22/2014  11:42 AM
For Sun's I wonder with the way Dragic has played, if we can steal Bledsoe or Dragic, with 1st round pick and 2 2nd rounders for CA, and either fill ins or a trade exemption
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/22/2014  11:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2014  11:45 AM
Those are great guys to have after you draft a stud. A franchise game changer
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2014  11:43 AM
RonRon wrote:Let me add some quality low contracts like

James Johnson *would offer him a 2 year vet min deal*
Gereld Green *would offer him a 2 year vet min deal*
Brandon Rush (a big gamble if he does recover to his prior injury form as an extremely efficient SG/F that rebounds, steals/blocks, and defends at the high level in addition to his FG and 3pt % *team option deal*
Marion (despite his age) *solid Mentor*
Randy Foye
Adrien

Believe it or not I believe Darko Milic would be a quality BIG that would fit in the Phil's versatility on the cheap
He has been consistent in terms of Rebounding, Blocked Shots, Post Presence, mid Range game, PnR game, and could be 1/3 BIG rotations that is extremely under rated
Darko will never live up to being picked 2nd before many STAR's but he has been working out with his trainer, and I think is cost efficient

Maybe in 2015, at the right price, we can target players Dragic, Love/LA, Rudy Gay, Monta Ellis

3-4 Rotation of PF/C
Jordan Hendricks, Chris Johnson, Greg Stimensa, Cole Alrich, Jeremy Tyler, STAT (on a vet min to about 2m deal)

At PG, vet min deal on Ridnour and/or JJ Barea, in addition to DK's list of Livingston, Marshall

You went "Darko"? Really?

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/22/2014  11:44 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Dagger wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:Noah
Milsap
Taj Gibson
Avery Bradley
Al Horford
Plumlee
Livingston
Jimmy Butler
Faried
Beverley
Parsons
Marshall
Anthony Davis
Sephalosha
Dragic
Lillard
Markief Morris
Kawhi Leonard
Bradley Beal

Is there any praticular reason you have this list, are these like players we have the luxury of getting?

To the extent that any of them are available they would make great Knicks. I haven't seen when they'd be available via trade or free agency but this is the type of player we need in New York and have not had in forever.

no Gallo? 2 way player, team guy, GREAT contract... Why no love? Looks like Dragic is the only scorer in your list. Your aware you need buckets to win right? Just ask the Pacers? How do you go from best team in the NBA to looking at first round flame out at the hands of an 8ths seed with 37 wins? No scoring.

No roster = your list sucks

Parsons and Lillard are scorers, but I do agree with you for the most part.

Parsons is great. He's actually what we all hoped Gallo would be, but his scoring comes off other players. He's not a guy who can go get you baskets. Dragic has beautiful game in that regard.. so silky smooth. I believe Parson's is an RFA.

These are good players to have in your line up if we still have melo.

The object IMO is not to get talent, but get certain pieces that complement other pieces. The one thing I (if i was a gm) like is that atleast 80% of my roster has to be able to knock down a 3 with some consistency, in fact every player should be able to hit a open mid range with ease.

actually they are great to have in your lineup period.. especially if you don't have carmelo.. all of these guys are doing well without carmelo and a lot of these guys teams are doing pretty well without carmelo.. so I really don't udnerstand that comment.. again, it seems as if things are only good if it includes carmelo... are you aware of the season the knicks just had?

yes the key is to get talent.. but honestly i care a bit less if they can hit threes.. I just want them to be able to hit a high percentage of any shot they take....if they can do that, everything else offensively should fall into place..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/22/2014  11:47 AM
RonRon wrote:Let me add some quality low contracts like

James Johnson *would offer him a 2 year vet min deal*
Gereld Green *would offer him a 2 year vet min deal*
Brandon Rush (a big gamble if he does recover to his prior injury form as an extremely efficient SG/F that rebounds, steals/blocks, and defends at the high level in addition to his FG and 3pt % *team option deal*
Marion (despite his age) *solid Mentor*
Randy Foye
Adrien

Believe it or not I believe Darko Milic would be a quality BIG that would fit in the Phil's versatility on the cheap
He has been consistent in terms of Rebounding, Blocked Shots, Post Presence, mid Range game, PnR game, and could be 1/3 BIG rotations that is extremely under rated
Darko will never live up to being picked 2nd before many STAR's but he has been working out with his trainer, and I think is cost efficient

Maybe in 2015, at the right price, we can target players Dragic, Love/LA, Rudy Gay, Monta Ellis

3-4 Rotation of PF/C
Jordan Hendricks, Chris Johnson, Greg Stimensa, Cole Alrich, Jeremy Tyler, STAT (on a vet min to about 2m deal)

At PG, vet min deal on Ridnour and/or JJ Barea, in addition to DK's list of Livingston, Marshall

Demare Carrol from the Hawks.. does nothing great, but a lot of things pretty well... low key guy, defends the whole game, can knock down shots..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
4/22/2014  11:49 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Those are great guys to have after you draft a stud. A franchise game changer

I would take these guys at any time.. develop chemistry, a culture... one that could actually be place to help a young stud develop into your star player...

Kind of like paul george did in indy... you need some sore of system and players already on board....

RonRon
Member: #246
4/22/2014  11:57 AM
LA and Love

Bledsoe

Millsap/AL Jeferson

Sessions/Bayless

Lance Stephenson

Josh Roberts

Anthony Tolliver

@ TFK about Carrol, he is a very good role player, and he is a played I liked but more toward the vet min to 2m type deal
He is a younger version of Junkyard dog

gunsnewing
USA
4/22/2014  11:59 AM
You need Jordan Kobe Lebron Duncan Shaq etc. Phil will no doubt get it done then
gunsnewing
USA
4/22/2014  12:03 PM
I agree winning culture needs to be established first which Isiah failed to do
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/22/2014  12:07 PM
Nalod wrote:
Milsap
Taj Gibson
Avery Bradley
Al Horford
Plumlee
Livingston
Jimmy Butler
Faried
Beverley
Parsons
Marshall
Anthony Davis
Sephalosha
Dragic
Lillard
Markief Morris
Kawhi Leonard
Bradley Beal

Why not a list of supermodels that would make great WIVES/girlfriends?

Or Powerball amounts that would make great bank accounts?

Or a list of Yachts that would make nice boats?

Maybe this is the hater list of players that has two meanings:

1. Players we could have instead of Melo!
or
2. Masterbation list for the hater.

We get Lamar Oh-Dumb sans his pipe.

this isn't funny or amusing

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
USA
4/22/2014  12:10 PM
You need a franchise cornerstone with a motor for both ends of the floor
Nalod
USA
4/22/2014  12:13 PM
dk7th wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Milsap
Taj Gibson
Avery Bradley
Al Horford
Plumlee
Livingston
Jimmy Butler
Faried
Beverley
Parsons
Marshall
Anthony Davis
Sephalosha
Dragic
Lillard
Markief Morris
Kawhi Leonard
Bradley Beal

Why not a list of supermodels that would make great WIVES/girlfriends?

Or Powerball amounts that would make great bank accounts?

Or a list of Yachts that would make nice boats?

Maybe this is the hater list of players that has two meanings:

1. Players we could have instead of Melo!
or
2. Masterbation list for the hater.

We get Lamar Oh-Dumb sans his pipe.

this isn't funny or amusing

Once I helped it, it became both funny AND amusing!

I mean really, whats the point of the list?

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/22/2014  12:14 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I agree winning culture needs to be established first which Isiah failed to do

well we had something germinal happening in 2010-2011 nothing to write home about but it felt new and promising, like we were building in a spiral not trying to take a quantum leap. we were not in win-now mode and then all of a sudden we were.

you need skills, intelligence, desire to defend at every price point. i agree with tkf you get the right players then it makes it easier to figure out what to do. "accumulating talent" and then forcing a coach to work out what to do with that talent is a conceit that the knicks have suffered from for way too long. it's like a rich but bad poker player who keeps losing but always has a fresh stack of chips to gamble with.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/22/2014  12:33 PM
Milsap
Taj Gibson
Avery Bradley
Al Horford
Plumlee
Livingston
Jimmy Butler
Faried
Beverley
Parsons
Marshall
Anthony Davis
Sephalosha
Dragic
Lillard
Markief Morris
Kawhi Leonard
Bradley Beal

Ha, for the first time we are in complete agreement! Love all those players

smackeddog
4/22/2014  12:36 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Eddy curry
Tim Thomas
No Taylor
Jerome James
Antonio mcdyess
Stephon Marbury
Amare stoudemire

Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
Q-Rich
Anthony Randolph
Shandon Anderson
Qyntel Woods

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
4/22/2014  12:44 PM
Trevor Ariza
Beno Udrih
Slavko Vranes
Ken "The Animal" Bannister
Shandon Anderson
Pearl Washington
once a knick always a knick
misterearl
USA
4/22/2014  12:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2014  12:49 PM
Rory Sparrow
Mike Bibby
Ray Williams
Henry Bibby
Earl Monroe
A younger Mike Bibby
Mark Jackson
Rod Strickland
Dick McGuire
Michael Ray Richardson

My kingdom for a freakin' point guard.

smackeddog
4/22/2014  12:49 PM
RonRon wrote:For Sun's I wonder with the way Dragic has played, if we can steal Bledsoe or Dragic, with 1st round pick and 2 2nd rounders for CA, and either fill ins or a trade exemption

I read an article saying Bledsoe wants a big market team, which is why he hasn't said he wants to stay with the suns- they said the lakers could make a push. However the suns can match an offer so likely he stays. Plus he had his meniscus removed which will shorten his career.

Nalod
USA
4/22/2014  1:02 PM
misterearl wrote:Rory Sparrow
Mike Bibby
Ray Williams
Henry Bibby
Earl Monroe
A younger Mike Bibby
Mark Jackson
Rod Strickland
Dick McGuire
Michael Ray Richardson

My kingdom for a freakin' point guard.

No Dean "The Dream" Meminger?

misterearl
USA
4/22/2014  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/22/2014  1:05 PM
Oh Snap

Q. nalod: No Dean "The Dream" Meminger?

A. Twenty pushups for The Answer Man

players who would make GREAT knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy