[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone else see Phil Jackson pull a Larry Brown?
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

4/23/2014  11:25 PM
Papabear Says

Phil Jackson must be very careful not to alienate himself from players. Phil has a big ego and so does some players. Players wont come here just because of Phil Jackson and his rings. I am now starting to believe that Melo might go to Chicago or a west coast team. Him and LeBron just may hook up but not in New York. Phil Jax is starting to put a wedge between him and Melo.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/23/2014  11:28 PM
tkf wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Walsh talked Dolan into a 4 year plan, i'm pretty sure a 1-year plan is no big deal. The goal is for Phil to use his presence to attract the top FAs and he will do a much better job at that than Walsh ever did. Walsh is obviously a great GM, but doesn't have the presence Phil does, and thats what is needed to build the Knicks. His money needs to be made the way Riley makes his, convincing big time guys to come for less money. Maybe we can grab P Gasol for cheap this summer and M Gasol next season along with a top PG. That is what Phil can do here.

why stop there.. we can grab lebron, and durant for the vet min..

I mean come on man.. seriously? guys in the NBA play for money.. as accomplished as phil is as a coach, guys are not coming here to be coached by phil. he is the GM, players will come here to get paid, if they don't get paid, they won't come.. that is how it has been here in NY.... Riley didn't convince lebron to come to miami.. Wade did... no wade, no lebron.. just that simple...

All we can hope is that phil will try.. and have a little luck on his side things work out... this league has some pretty sharp and accomplished GM's.. this is not going to be a cakewalk, his name is not going to carry him like some think.. he is going to have to work as hard as he ever has, to get NY to some level or respectability...

Dude, you really need a hug.

Papabear

4/23/2014  11:28 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Papabear wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:He will make it through 5+ I expect to be competitive by year 4 and contending by years 2-3 and contending by year 4-5 If Melo is traded for picks and assets and the process is sped up. Or Melo signs a reasonable deal that allows a rebuild on the fly

Papabear Says

If Phil keeps talking the way he is talking don't be surprised if Melo walks a tell Phil to kiss his azz. Phil may not last 2 years.

Melo hasn't won sht here. Either he believes in a man who has won 11 championships and is willing to take a little less or he doesn't. Phil Jackson is much more important to the Knicks than memo proven this year

Papabear Says

And neither has Phil Jackson. He won with the best players on the planet. Only time will tell.

Papabear
JamesLin
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3944
USA
4/24/2014  8:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/24/2014  8:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
JamesLin wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Phil jax is here to do the zen thing and slap people around

You can't slap the boss around, even if the boss deserved to be. Jimmy Dol already tried to stop Phil firing all the coaching staff.. now that Phil done the deed, guess how long Jimmy will tolerate Phil? Remember, he only hired Phil because Knicks fans/season ticket holders are furious. Pat Riley tried to overtake the organization back then, but of course, nobody, especially Grunfeld, would allow that, and I'm pretty sure Jimmy Dol wouldn't know what to do. Now here's Phil, on a bigger seat he's never sat on before, commanding power on personnel and executive decisions... I don't see this Vegas wedding last long.. especially when Phil realizes to change this organization will require a new owner.

you couldnt be more wrong. Dolan has been working on getting Phil here for over a year. Your literally making stuff up to back up some idea you have in your head. Not sure what your MO is but do a little research amigo. They have been talking for along time

Took me a while to find the articles (following links) I read months ago before because I'd never think anyone would accuse me of making things up out of the blue. I'd try to find the LA Times articles about the Lakers and Phil but hell, then I will have to explain to you the coincidental timeline of the Buss vs MSG and how Phil stated before he did not have any thoughts of coming to NY hinting the owner is not competitive enough (saw that on an LA news station when Larry Brown left). Blah blah blah. Dolan did NOT work on getting Phil to NY for over a year. That sentence completely go against the hiring of Steve Mills, hiring and retaining of Mike Woodson, etc, etc. The MSG organization was rumored to talk to Phil about the possibilities to NYC because after all, he was a Knicks player, but Phil shot that rumor down fast in a very direct and sort of unpleasant way referring to Jimmy Dol. So, you're making stuff up now? What is YOUR MO? I don't do much research, I just respond to articles I read and given the timeline make the most logical scenarios. The only thing I can say is I probably shouldn't say 'Remember', because not everyone read what I read.

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/knicks-trying-season-ticket-holders-early-protest/222316
http://article.wn.com/view/2014/03/11/The_Knicks_may_attempt_to_keep_season_ticket_holders_away_fr/
http://deadspin.com/about-40-fed-up-knicks-fans-showed-up-for-tonights-pro-1547719407
http://starksraving.com/
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1990985-why-phil-jackson-would-be-perfect-mentor-for-ailing-new-york-knicks
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1984758-new-york-knicks-reportedly-contacted-phil-jackson-about-head-coaching-position

Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
H1AND1
Member: #5648

4/24/2014  8:16 PM
Papabear wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Papabear wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:He will make it through 5+ I expect to be competitive by year 4 and contending by years 2-3 and contending by year 4-5 If Melo is traded for picks and assets and the process is sped up. Or Melo signs a reasonable deal that allows a rebuild on the fly

Papabear Says

If Phil keeps talking the way he is talking don't be surprised if Melo walks a tell Phil to kiss his azz. Phil may not last 2 years.

Melo hasn't won sht here. Either he believes in a man who has won 11 championships and is willing to take a little less or he doesn't. Phil Jackson is much more important to the Knicks than memo proven this year

Papabear Says

And neither has Phil Jackson. He won with the best players on the planet. Only time will tell.

What? What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Neither Jordan not Shaq nor Kobe won anything before Phil became coach either.

Papabear

4/25/2014  1:30 AM
H1AND1 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

They would have won with Jax or without Phil Jax. When Jordan left Chicago to play baseball how come Phil didn't win a championship until Mike came back?

Papabear
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/25/2014  1:32 AM
Papabear wrote:
H1AND1 wrote:
Papabear wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Papabear wrote:

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

Papabear Says

They would have won with Jax or without Phil Jax. When Jordan left Chicago to play baseball how come Phil didn't win a championship until Mike came back?

He probably would have won if Hugh Hollins does not make that horrendous call.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/25/2014  2:01 AM
No coach wins without talent. However, not every coach can win it all with talent. I don't believe that Woodson would know what to do with more talent. He seemed to have issues when there was more talent and he did better when guys were injured and he had less to deal with. Other coaches are better with a team full of role players as opposed to elite players with strong personalities. In the end Phil is here to pick a coach and the right players.
JamesLin
Member: #3944
USA
4/25/2014  11:22 AM
nixluva wrote:No coach wins without talent. However, not every coach can win it all with talent. I don't believe that Woodson would know what to do with more talent. He seemed to have issues when there was more talent and he did better when guys were injured and he had less to deal with. Other coaches are better with a team full of role players as opposed to elite players with strong personalities. In the end Phil is here to pick a coach and the right players.

I actually believe A'mare and Melo don't mix well. They are both superstars in their prime, but whenever I watch a game, seems like they most likely do well when one of them is on the bench resting. So yeah, Mike has lots of talents, but needs to have the right mix I'm guessing. I also think that's what Jax will do, find the right mix of players, which will take time, and time is what the Knicks don't have, unless the organization is completely rebuilding for 2015-2016 when we actually have a chance to do so. Definitely need awesome role players and I thought Metta would've been the one but .. oh well.

Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
Anyone else see Phil Jackson pull a Larry Brown?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy