[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Here you go: Melo's exit interview bits from the always reliable Marc Berman
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
4/18/2014  9:13 AM
Clean wrote:I have been gone for a while since I knew the Knicks would treat this this season as a macrocosm of their futile attempts at winning actual games. They will come close in the end but ultimately fail, thus breaking their fans heart more. I happened to read some of the quotes melo said while going about my day and decided to say something. Short sighted melo is looking like it is rearing its ugly head again. The one difference between The Heats big 3 and Melo is that they all saw the big picture and Melo was always short sighted.

The Big 3 conspired to all play together and take less money to be able to form a good team around themselves. What did Melo do? He got a longer contract so to he could get a bigger paycheck. His last year in Denver he could have signed with us in the offseason giving his team more assets to surround him with talent. He was so short sighed that all he could think about was getting the biggest paycheck possible while still playing with the Knicks(Endorsement Money). This thought backfired by giving Denver leverage they should have never had. There is a lot more example of this that I have in my head but I don't feel like putting the effort into listing them all. This team does not deserve my full effort with how badly they performed this year.

Melo is now at another fork in the road in his career and his quotes show me that he is ready to take the short sighted approached again. The gist one quote that sticks out the most is that he is not willing to endure a rebuilding season. He could end up going to the Bulls where they will always without a doubt be in the playoffs or he could endure one bad season with the Knicks and recruit Lebron and some others to be apart of something special in New York. Short sighted Melo will probably make 1 of 2 decisions when the time comes. He will either take a Max contract and handicap our team for years or he will leave for a good team that will always make the playoffs but will probably never win a championship. He always says he wants to win and I believe him. The problem with Melo is that he always takes the short sighted approach.

that fork in the road should be stuck in melo.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
4/18/2014  10:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 33s

Amare says he realizes that Woodson is under fire, but that he's learned more defensively under Woodson than any coach he's had.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say whaaaaat?

The laziness Amare exhibits in this play will always infuriate me

I don't think it's laziness, he's just you know

He's shown he's capable of playing pretty good defense, but only very occasionally- it's like its so unnatural for him, he has to make a special dedicated effort.

Just watched Tysons exit interview- he said twice that we need a winning coach, which is odd as Woody hasn't been officially fired yet. Basically Tyson seems to think it's all Woody's fault, complaining that he never ran enough offence for him to take advantage of the jumper he allegedly developed in the offseason etc.

Amar'e seems to blame the players talking about the need for professionals, and how some people didn't buy in. Wonder if Amar'e is talking about Tyson, as he also said that professionals work on their body and stay healthy (think he was probably talking about Beno and JR, maybe Felton too.).

That jumper of Tyson's was pretty bad. I don't recall it pre broken leg but after coming back from injury he broke it out a few times and it was like, oh no!

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/18/2014  10:44 AM
Clean wrote:I have been gone for a while since I knew the Knicks would treat this this season as a macrocosm of their futile attempts at winning actual games. They will come close in the end but ultimately fail, thus breaking their fans heart more. I happened to read some of the quotes melo said while going about my day and decided to say something. Short sighted melo is looking like it is rearing its ugly head again. The one difference between The Heats big 3 and Melo is that they all saw the big picture and Melo was always short sighted.

The Big 3 conspired to all play together and take less money to be able to form a good team around themselves. What did Melo do? He got a longer contract so to he could get a bigger paycheck. His last year in Denver he could have signed with us in the offseason giving his team more assets to surround him with talent. He was so short sighed that all he could think about was getting the biggest paycheck possible while still playing with the Knicks(Endorsement Money). This thought backfired by giving Denver leverage they should have never had. There is a lot more example of this that I have in my head but I don't feel like putting the effort into listing them all. This team does not deserve my full effort with how badly they performed this year.

Melo is now at another fork in the road in his career and his quotes show me that he is ready to take the short sighted approached again. The gist one quote that sticks out the most is that he is not willing to endure a rebuilding season. He could end up going to the Bulls where they will always without a doubt be in the playoffs or he could endure one bad season with the Knicks and recruit Lebron and some others to be apart of something special in New York. Short sighted Melo will probably make 1 of 2 decisions when the time comes. He will either take a Max contract and handicap our team for years or he will leave for a good team that will always make the playoffs but will probably never win a championship. He always says he wants to win and I believe him. The problem with Melo is that he always takes the short sighted approach.

good post..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/18/2014  10:44 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Melo might very well be the dumbest athlete ever unless you consider Bobo the wrestler an athlete

rofl.... so true...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
knicks1248
Member: #582
4/18/2014  10:45 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Amare says he realizes that Woodson is under fire, but that he's learned more defensively under Woodson than any coach he's had.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say whaaaaat?

I think he thought there was going to be a 3 point shot, not a pass. He got faked very easily. It wasn't laziness as much as gullibility and bad instincts.

Bingo.

the first time i saw this it was a picture and it looked as if he was just standing there with his back turn to the ball, but it's clearly obvios he got fooled on the play, he actually was preparing for the long rebound

ES
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/18/2014  12:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

I think he thought there was going to be a 3 point shot, not a pass. He got faked very easily. It wasn't laziness as much as gullibility and bad instincts.

Bingo.

the first time i saw this it was a picture and it looked as if he was just standing there with his back turn to the ball, but it's clearly obvios he got fooled on the play, he actually was preparing for the long rebound

WHat fooled him though? The player didn't even get to his shot motion. lol.

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  12:28 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

Bingo.

After he was so badly fooled, is there a reason why he turned to the ref and did not challenge the (final) layup?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90

4/18/2014  12:29 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

It was laziness. He didn't get faked out he just assumed he was going to shoot so why run out to defend him. The player didn't even get to his shot motion so what could have faked him out. Who gets faked out seeing a player receive a pass?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/18/2014  1:24 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

Bingo.

The player at the center of the 3 point line? You're telling me that's a normal passing, not shooting, motion?
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/18/2014  1:28 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

Bingo.

yeah he did. why do you think stat turned his back?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
yellowboy90

4/18/2014  2:09 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

Bingo.

The player at the center of the 3 point line? You're telling me that's a normal passing, not shooting, motion?

So he is faked out by the player at the top of the arch yet tracks the ball with his eyes to the wing. Okay, let's just stick with he is fooled. smh.

yellowboy90

4/18/2014  2:10 PM
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

Bingo.

After he was so badly fooled, is there a reason why he turned to the ref and did not challenge the (final) layup?

Actually yes, the whistle was blown for a travel by Silva. See the ref at the bottom under the basket

mreinman
Member: #3189

4/18/2014  2:18 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

Bingo.

Actually yes, the whistle was blown for a travel by Silva. See the ref at the bottom under the basket

Whoops I missed that.

I guess that we can credit Amare's defense for causing the travel.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/18/2014  3:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/18/2014  3:38 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
TeamBall wrote:

Say whaaaaat?

Before the player even catches the ball, Amare turns toward the rim. While the ball was still in mid-air, Amare decided he was just gonna wait for a rebound. He didn't feel like closing out.

Edit: Didn't even see the discussion on it. Safe to say I'm with yellowboy on this one.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
TeamBall
Member: #4386

4/18/2014  3:41 PM
dk7th wrote:

that fork in the road should be stuck in melo.

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Here you go: Melo's exit interview bits from the always reliable Marc Berman

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy